Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Welcome to the great USA 2020 Yamaha T7 preorder scramble

Cruizin

Add another black one to the list. Looks way better in person!06D1F6E4-BB0C-4C90-9B5D-6E24DA10AB02.thumb.jpeg.fa6883dfcf4515019866ee645c0d82fa.jpeg

• Like 8

Tired of seeing everybody with masks on, sure is nice to see all these smiles.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
On 6/13/2020 at 12:30 PM, Mikey81 said:

Add another black one to the list. Looks way better in person!06D1F6E4-BB0C-4C90-9B5D-6E24DA10AB02.thumb.jpeg.fa6883dfcf4515019866ee645c0d82fa.jpeg

Looks like someone has Traded-In that man for nice Tenere 700.  
Guess they still had to shell out a few dollars to the transaction 😂.

• Haha 4

Just got an email from my salesman. My “second half of June” delivery is now pushed to “first half of July” 

I’m getting close to pulling my deposit. I’m so mad right now I can’t even stand it. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Baggey22 said:

Just got an email from my salesman. My “second half of June” delivery is now pushed to “first half of July” 

I’m getting close to pulling my deposit. I’m so mad right now I can’t even stand it. 

Don't get mad...find something to fill the time...it's worth it !   😜

BTW  eta for me is "2nd half of July"  😂

Soon enough you will be as happy as the dude below !

06D1F6E4-BB0C-4C90-9B5D-6E24DA10AB02.thumb.jpeg.fa6883dfcf4515019866ee645c0d82fa.jpeg

Edited by ADVUSA
  • Haha 1

I’d be fine if they didn’t change the delivery time. If I was told from the beginning “first half of July” everything would be fine. Changing it on me suddenly during the time it’s supposed to be delivered is what’s annoying. 

57 minutes ago, Baggey22 said:

I’d be fine if they didn’t change the delivery time. If I was told from the beginning “first half of July” everything would be fine. Changing it on me suddenly during the time it’s supposed to be delivered is what’s annoying. 

I hear ya. The best approach is to try to forget it until you get the call. I've had so many communications with my dealer, neither he nor I want another. Wait for the call and be ready.

19 minutes ago, motojunky2@ said:

I too got the same message from my dealer just a couple hours ago. Bummed, sold my KLR last Saturday thinking the bike could be here any day.

I sold my FJ09 a little while ago as well, so I’m street bike less until the T7 arrives. Riding my FE350 on the street with super knobby tires just sucks. 

• Like 2

I seem to remember that the initial PDP deposits, late last year/early this year, would mean a $500 discount on the bikes.  I've also seen somewhere someone saying their dealer applied a discount from Yamaha to the set up fee.  Is there any truth to a Yamaha discount for dealers participating in the PDP? 

I couldn't throw money at one dealer on May 22nd.  Said they weren't clear on what the incentives were so had no interest in helping me.  The dealer I did order my bike with is mum on any discount.

On 6/18/2020 at 12:08 PM, Baggey22 said:

Comfort yourself with the fact we have all heard many many times, "it is worth the wait" and haven't once heard anybody say, "I shouldn't have waited or I should have bought something else."

The apparent satisfaction rate is astronomical. I mean this may actually be the proverbial unicorn, who wouldn't wait for that? 

Edited by UtahJack
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, UtahJack said:

Comfort yourself with the fact we have all heard many many times, "it is worth the wait" and haven't once heard anybody say, "I shouldn't have waited or I should have bought something else."

The apparent satisfaction rate is astronomical. I mean this may actually be the proverbial unicorn, who wouldn't wait for that? 

To be clear though, you're on a Tenere 700 forum, dedicated to this one specific bike. 

it's like going on a Chevy forum and everyone saying Chevy is the worst car/truck there is and people should buy Ford. No, it's a Chevy forum. Its a circle jerk for their vehicle. Just like this forum is for this very specific bike, which is why I'm here. To learn about it. To learn of the mods. This is THE place to go, but to think you're going to get unbiased opinions as the norm when people threw down this much coin on this specific bike on this specific forum for this specific bike isn't how the internet works. 

That said, I put down a deposit on a 700 at the first of the year. Then apparently that meant nothing because of Yamaha's dysfunctional cage match approach to selling this bike. My Dealer got "my" bike in, but someone else put their deposit down in November, which again meant nothing, but apparently does being now I don't get "my" bike until Yamaha decides to send some more, which apparently nobody in Washington knows when that will be. July the dealer says, but then some bloke on tenere700.net posts a video (go to 17:45 in the video) that shows the big wigs at Yamaha are now saying maybe, sometime in Sept, but they're not sure though, sheepsihly. 

So the question is, why wait? Go to a 790 forum, that like here, it's the bike Jesus chooses to ride. 

Im wanting the 700 for the simplicity. 

More than that though I'm just wanting a bike again. It's weird not having one. I've got cash. Time off when needed. And it's summer. And there's supposedly a Tenere 700 event (thanks to Cruzin soon to be determined) gathering being held in Idaho in Sept that I'd love to join and share a beer with you all. But Yamaha might not give me a bike to do that so hopefully you all don't mind if I show up on a 790R or 1090R. 

Love,

Bitter TenereLess Washatonian

Edited by johnnygolucky
  • Like 1

@johnnygolucky

Just to be clear, I wasn't basing the "nobody saying it wasn't worth the wait" strictly on this forum.

I can totally understand the frustration of being without a bike, been there a time or two myself. I was more or less hoping to ease your pain, truthfully I encourage you to do what ever makes you happy. It does look like for many, my wife included, the wait my be some time. Keep your eyes open there are definitely dealers that abused the PDP and have some bike that haven't been spoken for, I know of two right now, one in Wyoming one in Washington and I am sure there are more.  

If I am at a ride I don't care what you show up on as long as it brings a smile to your face and your enjoying it, I will be the first to defend your right to ride what ever makes you happy. Heck I have owned so many bike of various kinds I really don't think I can name them all, I don't know if they have got lost in the fog of time or senility is setting in or that some only lived a day before I destroyed them. Just remember if your riding a bike slow or fast doesn't matter if your having fun you have arrived who cares what anybody else thinks, if they have a problem with it I have the number of a good chaplain.

Edited by UtahJack

10 hours ago, UtahJack said:

and haven't once heard anybody say, "I shouldn't have waited or I should have bought something else."

The apparent satisfaction rate is astronomical. 

I hear ya. My post in response to yours saying that everyone on this specific forum, about this specific bike are absolutely in love. Do people go to the Mustang Ranch and complain about the ride at the Mustang Ranch? 

Nope. 

Of course people here give accolades. It's a Tenere 700 forum. 

And again, that's why Im here. To hear why people like the bike, the mods and curiosities. If wanted to hear why the 700 sucks, I'd go to a 790 forum. Visa versa. 

It's biased which is the nature of everything online. Know it and you'll be fine and Im here because of it. 

Edited by johnnygolucky

2 minutes ago, johnnygolucky said:

I hear ya. My post in response to yours saying that everyone on this specific forum, about this specific bike is absolute in love. Do people go to the Mustang Ranch and complain about the ride at the Mustang Ranch? 

Nope. 

Of  course people here give accolades. It's a Tenere 700 forum. 

And again, thats why Im here. To hear why people like the bike, the mods and curiosities. I I wanted to hear why the 700 sucks, I'd go to a 790 forum. Visa versa. 

It's biased which is the nature of everything online. Know it and you'll be fine and Im here because of it. 

Mustang Ranch? Isn't that a brothel that was closed down in Las Vegas? I never been to a brothel, and I don't think I have ever heard someone complain about the ride. Maybe complain about the gifts they received there, you know the ones that just keep on giving.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, UtahJack said:

Mustang Ranch? Isn't that a brothel that was closed down in Las Vegas? I never been to a brothel, and I don't think I have ever heard someone complain about the ride. Maybe complain about the gifts they received there, you know the ones that just keep on giving.

Euphemism. Don't think too long and hard about it. 

@johnnygolucky

"Think too long and hard about it."

Shoot I am so sleep deprived from anticipating picking my bike up in less than a week now, if I think too long or hard about anything I will probably get an aneurysm.

Just got back from my first off road outing. I'll say this, hoping it gives some comfort to y'all that are still waiting. 

It is obvious to me that Yamaha has much better people doing the R&D and engineering on this bike than they do on the PDP/rollout out for this machine. The rollout isn't a reflection of the machine in any way...I promise. 

IMG_20200621_105547.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

***sigh***

It's getting really frustrating to keep finding dealerships that are advertising floor stock, especially when they are posting pictures of the actual bike on the floor!!  Just discovered a dealer in my state that has not one, but two for sale.  Pretty obvious that the dealer bulletin that instructed no floor stock until PDP orders were fulfilled, was ignored by some dealers.  Just fake a name or two, get a reservation and you're good to go, I guess.

Dealer is 200 miles from me and while I'm tempted to make the trip, I know they will not match my dealer in price.... when it gets to my dealer anyway.

Okay rant over..... .Just want my bike. 

***edit/update***

Went ahead and called the dealer.  Yep, sold one yesterday, still has one (in my color choice no less). When I asked how they got them so early, he flat out said the ordered them and paid cash.  So in turn he basically admitted to putting in false PDP orders.  When I asked how that could be when they're not supposed to have floor stock until Sept. per the sales bulletin, he was just quiet.  I just hung up.  Aaargh.

Edited by scridercoach
  • Like 1

@scridercoach

Is your dealer offering a discounted price?

Unless your dealer is offering a discount the way the release of this bike is going, I would probably make the 200 mile trip just for the chance. But than again you already know I was willing to agree to a lot just to get mine.

Is the addition of fees occurring a lot out there?

So far the only place I have heard of it typically occurring is in California, but what did you expect, it's California. 

Just so you Californian's don't get your panties in a bunch I am a third generation native Californian that escaped, so I figure since I am a native and was forced to escape when the morons had succeeded in destroying the place, I mean all the place has got left is the weather.

Sorry, I'm not bitter, honest, no really and I'm not, OK maybe a little, well I do really love where I moved, but look what you've done.    OK, I'll stop, sorry about the rant.

Scridercoach, I really hope you get your bike soon, whether it's the one you order or from another source.

@scridercoach

Is your dealer offering a discounted price?

Unless your dealer is offering a discount the way the release of this bike is going, I would probably make the 200 mile trip just for the chance. But than again you already know I was willing to agree to a lot just to get mine.

Is the addition of fees occurring a lot out there?

So far the only place I have heard of it typically occurring is in California, but what did you expect, it's California. 

Just so you Californian's don't get your panties in a bunch I am a third generation native Californian that escaped, so I figure since I am a native and was forced to escape when the morons had succeeded in destroying the place, I mean all the place has got left is the weather.

Sorry, I'm not bitter, honest, no really and I'm not, OK maybe a little, well I do really love where I moved, but look what you've done.    OK, I'll stop, sorry about the rant.

Scridercoach, I really hope you get your bike soon, whether it's the one you order or from another source.

My dealer and I have a very good relationship.  I never pay MSRP and this go round he's not charging me anything other than Yamaha's destination fee of $425.

I, too am an expat California native.

@scridercoach

Just so I have got this straight, you dealer is still selling you the bike at MSRP, but with no additional fees other than the standard destination fee.

That's basically what I paid, I just bought some options I didn't want, but am fine with adding to my wife's bike when it comes. And agreed to let it set on the showroom floor for ten days,  which has turned out to produce some anxiety.

The only reason I am curious about the MSRP is because the sales man at my dealership wanted to get a T7 using his employee discount and they wouldn't let him on the initial release.

Just checked my paperwork I paid $380 for destination fee. I guess that's because I am closer to Japan.

Edited by UtahJack

4 minutes ago, UtahJack said:

@scridercoach

Just so I have got this straight, you dealer is still selling you the bike at MSRP, but with no additional fees other than the standard destination fee.

That's basically what I paid, I just bought some options I didn't want, but am fine with adding to my wife's bike when it comes. And agreed to let it set on the showroom floor for ten days,  which has turned out to produce some anxiety.

The only reason I am curious about the MSRP is because the sales man at my dealership wanted to get a T7 using his employee discount and they wouldn't let him on the initial release.

No, under MSRP, with only the $425 delivery fee imposed by Yamaha added on, then just the usual state tax and title fees.  That's it.

OTD should be barely over MSRP, by maybe a couple hundred.  (Taxes and title in SC are kind of steep, it's how they make up for lower taxes on other stuff.)  My "bike price" will be well under MSRP, though.

Edited by scridercoach

@scridercoach

Very cool, you do have a good relationship with your dealer.

But to be honest I am no longer going to feel sorry for you about the wait. Just kidding waiting sucks. But truthfully my empathy level has decreased, under MSRP, wow, and with all the ranting going on about privileged, boy. lol.

Edited by UtahJack
  • Haha 1

@scridercoach

Very cool, you do have a good relationship with your dealer.

But to be honest I am no longer going to feel sorry for you about the wait. Just kidding waiting sucks. But truthfully my empathy level has decreased, under MSRP, wow, and with all the ranting going on about privileged, boy. lol.

Oh, I admit it.  I'm coming off as a whiny spoiled little Shet, with first world problems.   Yet, my disgust with the process and unscrupulous dealers is valid.

I promise this is the last real bitch/rant I go on... .but I really needed to get it off my chest.

@scridercoach

Hey, I totally agree with you, even though it is not surprising. I have been saying for some time integrity in business and personal lives is becoming a thing of the past, and that America is going morally bankrupt.

• Like 1