Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Welcome to the great USA 2020 Yamaha T7 preorder scramble

Cruizin

After following this thread for a while I am really glad I found one and sitting on a SC dealers floor. Yes the dealer screwed Yamaha on the PDP (2 units actually) but for me his dirty work paid off for me. Paying to much doesn't sting as bad now knowing the dates have been pushed back, again.

Good luck to the ones still waiting you are more patient than I am. It is s nice bike your wait will be worth it.

Edited by roy826
  • Like 1

On 6/24/2020 at 3:22 PM, whisperquiet said:

Kawasaki is announcing new motorcycles on July 7...... maybe a Tenere 700 competitor with a normal order process?  Is that too much to ask?https://www.kawasaki.com/?cm_mmc=email-_-npl-_-06232020-_-2021_teaser_image

Meh.....Kawasaki announced four new off-road motorcycles and three quads......FAIL for me......just like Yamaha’s PDP T7 motorcycle purchase adventure.  Over and out.

Edited by whisperquiet
  • Like 1

Second or third wave is here. Dealer called and bike arrived at assembler. Should get it in the next few days. 2012 Triumph XC-800 for sale.

Edited by BADDANDY
  • Like 3
2021 Yamaha Tenere 700
2019 Husqvarna TE 250i
2018 Husqy/Oberon/JD FE 450

2 hours ago, BADDANDY said:

Second or third wave is here. Dealer called and bike arrived at assembler. Should get it in the next few days. 2012 Triumph XC-800 for sale.

Bike arrived at assembler???

1 hour ago, motojunky2@ said:

I just got off the phone with Yamaha, was told that they cannot give me any information on the delivery date, I would have to contact my dealer, this after he asked for my dealers name and put me on hold. Getting frustrated in Ohio.

I called Yamaha customer service this morning too. He said he has the same info the dealer has. Still “first half of July” for me. He did say there’s a large number of bikes shipping out on the 13th. Apparently some hold ups have been with the trucking companies. 

My riding buddies think I should move on. One even linked me to a new leftover Triumph Tiger 800 XCX that’s a few hours away. It’s tempting......

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Dislike 1

5 hours ago, Baggey22 said:

I called Yamaha customer service this morning too. He said he has the same info the dealer has. Still “first half of July” for me. He did say there’s a large number of bikes shipping out on the 13th. Apparently some hold ups have been with the trucking companies. 

My riding buddies think I should move on. One even linked me to a new leftover Triumph Tiger 800 XCX that’s a few hours away. It’s tempting......

DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!

• Like 1

This is 2020......amirite?   Yamaha must be using Apple computers from the 80’s for logistics!

19 hours ago, jetdr21 said:

Bike arrived at assembler???

Yah, apparently my dealer doesn't uncrate and set up. 

2021 Yamaha Tenere 700
2019 Husqvarna TE 250i

7 minutes ago, BADDANDY said:

Yah, apparently my dealer doesn't uncrate and set up. 

So, given how kind of weird that is, it begs the question.  How much set-up fee does he charge?  I've never heard of dealerhsip farming out it's set up.

9 hours ago, Baggey22 said:

Me too. Ive gone back and forth. I put a down payment in January which meant nothing. Ive been told 6 times "it'll be here in a couple weeks" and still nothing. I finally called Yamaha and they said "not sure", due to Covid "manufacturing is shut down" and there's no way to guarantee when we'll be getting a bike, even if I have a claim number which eh looked up and is active. He had my addy and info and the color wanted. But with Covid, and it getting worse he was very unsure of when I'd get a bike. 

So Im with you, looking at other bikes. Looking for a KTM 790 R right now.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, scridercoach said:

So, given how kind of weird that is, it begs the question.  How much set-up fee does he charge?  I've never heard of dealerhsip farming out it's set up.

$200

2021 Yamaha Tenere 700
2019 Husqvarna TE 250i

I'm finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. In a round about way my dealer confirmed my PDP order will arrive tomorrow in Berkeley, CA and depending on ETA I may have it tomorrow or Sat.

Rewind 12 hrs:

I received an email this morning from Yamaha stating the 2021’s were here so I went on their website and was able to search dealer inventory. Putting in my zip code Berkeley Honda Yamaha up with an Intensity White available. 4 Other dealers populate and they have the red or blue available as well. Following the options leads to a contact page for the dealer. This is kind of confusing because I am still awaiting my PDP order but the inventory search shows the availability of the same color I’m waiting on. So I email my dealer with this info and ask them WTF?

Coincidentally my dealer's Regional rep is due in today and they have a word with them. Dealer dressed him down over the mixup and Rep is going to talk to his boss about it. Yet another Yamaha Tenere 700 SNAFU. We suspected it's a glitch in the system where the invoiced bikes show up as dealer inventory even as "paying" customers are eagerly awaiting the same PDP bikes to show up which are obviously spoken for.

Long story short, after more than three weeks of "shipping delays" I should have a new set of wheels in time for the weekend.

BTW, my dealer Berkeley Honda Yamaha has two Intensity White's due in tomorrow so whoever has the second one I'm sure you know about it already...if not, Congratulations...It's a Bike!

J

• Like 1

Interesting. Maybe they’ve updated it. Here’s what I get:

7708B1BA-130F-4B86-82D5-87A5F2D318BF.jpeg

• Moderators

GT, I received the same email from Yamaha and just now followed the samd search that you did.  Looks like they "fixed" the webpage as nothing showed up in inventory and instead this statement was displayed:

"Dealer delivery for this model begins September 2020. At this time, please contact your local dealer for first availability in your area. "

Soooooo, the wait continues.........

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

Yeah. Dealer said it was a mixup and shouldn’t have populated like that. Looks like they fixed that. Oh Yamaha...

Rode a T7 yesterday at a demo-day in Ohio. The bike was above expectation performance wise. The interesting part was the dealer's response to the PDP debacle. He said that in 30 years of selling motorcycles he's never seen such a screwed-up product introduction. The YamahaUS rep that was with the demo crew bristled.... I think they realize now what a mess they created.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

FYI:

I just saw on ADV Rider a Blue T700 for sale in Illinois from inmate Kaveman for $ 10,000   - 900 miles  with a few upgrades.

here's a link:   

adv_og_logo.png

I’m selling my T7. Blue. $10,000. 914 miles. No trades. PM me on here or reply to this thread. Yamaha motor finance has the lean on it. Im...

Edited by gtimko1012

1 hour ago, gtimko1012 said:

FYI:

I just saw on ADV Rider a Blue T700 for sale in Illinois from inmate Kaveman for $ 10,000   - 900 miles  with a few upgrades.

here's a link:   

adv_og_logo.png

I’m selling my T7. Blue. $10,000. 914 miles. No trades. PM me on here or reply to this thread. Yamaha motor finance has the lean on it. Im...

Sounds like it sold in like 10 minutes. 

I called Yamaha customer service a few days ago. I gave them my confirmation number and they informed me that my T7 was scheduled to ship on the 13th. However, they also said that they have been running a little behind so it might not ship right on schedule. My dealer emailed me this morning and informed me that the estimated ship date is the 15th. So I guess it shouldn’t be too much longer, but like everyone else, I’m over the wait. It’s riding season for Pete’s sake.

I just know mine will ship AFTER I leave for my backup plan motorcycle trip that starts next weekend.  It'll be Murphy's Law for sure.

For what it's worth, I was at a Yamaha demo day in OR yesterday and the regional factory sales rep was there.  He said late September for regular dealer stock. 

I'm hoping the last of you PDP guys get your bikes ASAP, that would mean the non-PDP bikes are that much closer!

11 hours ago, Makis said:

I called Yamaha customer service a few days ago. I gave them my confirmation number and they informed me that my T7 was scheduled to ship on the 13th. However, they also said that they have been running a little behind so it might not ship right on schedule. My dealer emailed me this morning and informed me that the estimated ship date is the 15th. So I guess it shouldn’t be too much longer, but like everyone else, I’m over the wait. It’s riding season for Pete’s sake.

So you were able to call Yamaha with your claim number and get info??