Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Welcome to the great USA 2020 Yamaha T7 preorder scramble

Cruizin

6 hours ago, UtahJack said:

@scridercoach

Hey, I totally agree with you, even though it is not surprising. I have been saying for some time integrity in business and personal lives is becoming a thing of the past, and that America is going morally bankrupt.

Yes, and this needs to be corrected!  Give em a kick in the arse.  😆

Picked up my T700 in Pocatello today.   The bike actually arrived  Wednesday June 9th.

Rally Pack arrived on Wednesday June 24th.

My salesmen Karl Ward @ Switchback Motorsports was great throughout the whole process!!

61490265118--1B9B07A2-F31E-4A11-8C7A-86CB33A08659.JPG

IMG-2567.jpg

IMG-2566.jpg

• Like 4

My dealer is great - Unfortunately my Expected Ship Date has changed multiple times by Yamaha

June 22, June 30, July 9 and now July 16

Oh well - back to watching more reviews

Fudge...delivery pushed back from 2nd half of July to 1st half of August.

• Sad 1
  • Dislike 1

Why are they pushing back the dates ? Do they not have the bikes that were already ordered and deposits made?.  Did they sell something they never had?.  Whats the deal?

5 minutes ago, SKIPNOMAD said:

Why are they pushing back the dates ? Do they not have the bikes that were already ordered and deposits made?.  Did they sell something they never had?.  Whats the deal?

Edit to answer your specific question: I don't know and neither does my dealer.

Seems to be affecting more than the T7 according to my dealer. He's showing other models with November and December timelines.

image.png

Edited by slakdawg

At this point, I'm considering any summer plans I had with my T7 and taking my kid on his new to him KLR a wash.  Which really sucks.  I found a mint lightly used KLR for him,  his first real street-legal bike, and the plan was to hit the MABDR and/or the NEBDR before the end of summer.  Now there's no way to count on that happening.

So frustrating.

25 minutes ago, scridercoach said:

At this point, I'm considering any summer plans I had with my T7 and taking my kid on his new to him KLR a wash.  Which really sucks.  I found a mint lightly used KLR for him,  his first real street-legal bike, and the plan was to hit the MABDR and/or the NEBDR before the end of summer.  Now there's no way to count on that happening.

So frustrating.

I hear ya. I put down a deposit almost a year ago. Then found out had to to the cage match so got in at 9am Pac time and got claim number. Thought all was good but I've been told now 5 different times its been pushed back. My plans for 2 trips are now canceled as well. 

If I would have known Yamaha would be this bad I would have gotten a 790 and been riding for the last 6 months already. 

As one of the lucky ones who got one of the ones from the first lot, if you wait for it, it will be worth it. It is The Best Bike in the World! For me, anyway.

• Like 1

Mine is getting pushed back too, dealer is in a tough spot with Yamaha just pushing and pushing the date.  Seems like im not the only one who has made plans several times for a bike that isnt showing.

Yamaha (dealer) customer service told my dealer Wednesday that no white/red T7s have shipped in the US.  Then i called them to ask WTF, they took my original confirmation number and said they would call me back Thursday.

No call back from them Thursday, then when i called at 4pm their system just said everyone was in a meeting and hung up on me.  Tried a bunch of times between 4 and 6 when they close.  Same message every time.

Today they are closed for the holiday.

I know its just a motorcycle, but i can definitely say this is the most disappointing customer experience i have had in my life.  Dealer couldnt have done anything better, and Yamaha is lying (no red?) and changing dates constantly.

This is my third brand new Yamaha bike in 2 years.  I dont think i'm buying another one if i dont see something change.

@mpb1

Gee I hate it when dealers tell you what they think you want to hear whether true or not. I live in Utah last I heard that was in the US and I am currently riding a white/red one and know positively of at least one other. Mine arrived in St. George on 6/15/20. 

I am sorry to hear of all the heartache that you and so many are going through, but two things, one the bike is a very fine machine and definitely worth the wait, and second this disastrous roll out is not totally Yamaha's fault, I am sure a lot of the blame goes to the pandemic or more accurately the !@#$%& politicization of the response to it.

I read so much anguish of those waiting for their bike I almost feel guilty about having mine, that is until I get on it and all those foolish feelings are blown right out of my mind as the wind rushes by and the nearest dirt road is calling my name.

Hope your wait is shorter than expected.     

I saw your avitar in southern Utah and even told my dealer red/white had been delivered in Utah (you).  He was just saying what Yamaha had told him.

Planned on riding it to the Canadian border or at peast very northern Idaho this long weekend.  Ended up just taking the KLR down to the pool.

July 7th date now.

Keep trying to remind myself that the initial communication was delivery of June thru August. And I along with y'all got the short straws. But Yamaha is still within that timeline. Come September, if no T7, then time to break out the pitchforks and torches.

• Like 1

I talked to my Yamaha dealer’s rep on 05-22-20 who told me my red bike would be delivered between June and August.

So, I have at most 59 days to wait to see if it all pans out.  I’ll be riding my S10 and X300 in the meantime.

Dealer said Yamaha told them on the phone that they never made promises other than August, but their system has an expected ship date too.  It started at June 26.

Again, just a motorcycle not a baby or something but man...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mpb1 said:

Mine is getting pushed back too, dealer is in a tough spot with Yamaha just pushing and pushing the date.  Seems like im not the only one who has made plans several times for a bike that isnt showing.

Yamaha (dealer) customer service told my dealer Wednesday that no white/red T7s have shipped in the US.  Then i called them to ask WTF, they took my original confirmation number and said they would call me back Thursday.

No call back from them Thursday, then when i called at 4pm their system just said everyone was in a meeting and hung up on me.  Tried a bunch of times between 4 and 6 when they close.  Same message every time.

Today they are closed for the holiday.

I know its just a motorcycle, but i can definitely say this is the most disappointing customer experience i have had in my life.  Dealer couldnt have done anything better, and Yamaha is lying (no red?) and changing dates constantly.

This is my third brand new Yamaha bike in 2 years.  I dont think i'm buying another one if i dont see something change.

Well, considering how many red/white ones were on the press rides......   That's what I chose, too, but I did second choice the blue...Still nothing.

No White ones delivered in the USA???

I have one ( delivered in Idaho on June 9th.)    Utah Jack got on in St George Utah and I know a guy from Pro Cycle.com got one in Oregon in early July.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, gtimko1012 said:

No White ones delivered in the USA???

I have one ( delivered in Idaho on June 9th.)    Utah Jack got on in St George Utah and I know a guy from Pro Cycle.com got one in Oregon in early July.

Yea im interested in what Yamaha will say once i can get them on the phone.  

• Like 1

Talked with Yamaha customer service today.  With my name and reservation number they were able to find that my bike is in the second wave and will deliver in August.

I guess the question is, where has that information been, and why were they populating a ship date of June 26 then just pushing it back?

Its just a bike, but why is Yamaha so bad at communicating about it?

35 minutes ago, mpb1 said:

Talked with Yamaha customer service today.  With my name and reservation number they were able to find that my bike is in the second wave and will deliver in August.

I guess the question is, where has that information been, and why were they populating a ship date of June 26 then just pushing it back?

M:

I'm sorry to hear that your delivery date has been pushed back.

One of my biggest pet peeves is "over promising and under delivering."     If they had just told you ( and others ) the realistic time frame up front and set your expectations properly then life would be good.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mpb1 said:

What number did you call to find out this information?? 

800 962 7926

Extension zero

I made 7 calls over 6 days (3 business days) before they could help me.

Everyone has been polite and i can tell theyre just as frustrated as i am.

• Like 1