Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Welcome to the great USA 2020 Yamaha T7 preorder scramble

Cruizin

7 hours ago, jetdr21 said:

So you were able to call Yamaha with your claim number and get info??

Yes, I gave them the number I was given by Yamaha when I pre-ordered.  My dealer updated me yesterday morning and said the scheduled ship date is July 15. That’s pretty close to what Yamaha said several days ago.

I just called the Yahama Motor 800 number (posted in an earlier post) to see if they could provide me with an update on my pre-order. I was told the second delivery is scheduled for Mid - August, plus two weeks in transit.  Needless to say, I was very disappointed. I asked if they could look up my pre-order and I was (nicely) told he could not do that.  On the other hand, my dealer is saying any day now, but I have been hearing that for over a month.  I'm now trying to gear up for an arrival in September.  

On 7/12/2020 at 5:03 AM, Makis said:

Yes, I gave them the number I was given by Yamaha when I pre-ordered.  My dealer updated me yesterday morning and said the scheduled ship date is July 15. That’s pretty close to what Yamaha said several days ago.

That makes a lot of sense. My dealer said they would be in transit by the 15th, but now I realize he probably meant "shipped" on the 15th..

Dealer called me today. My July 9th ship date came and went so now July 20th Is the day.

Wouldn’t want to bet the new date means anything either.

I called the Yamaha mothership yesterday and she called the dealer today and mid August.  BTW the girl at Yamaha was very helpful.  When I talked to her yesterday she said she would call when they opened today and low and behold  she called me back today..  

• Like 3

So my PDP went from mid-July to first half of August to 7/16 (at warehouse). Woohoo!!

I "should" be riding this weekend. 

This dealer (just outside of Charlotte, NC) has two other T7 PDPs that are pushed back. Mine is matte black, the other two are each of the other colors.

2020-07-15_11-24-31-at-warehouse.jpg

• Like 2

I may have to try and call Yamaha, too.  Suddenly my dealer has gone dark.  I've been pretty good about not bothering him, as this isn't his fault, so I've just texted occasionaly rather than call.  Texted him twice, once on the 10th and once today......crickets.

***Edit***  Called Yamaha.  Pushed back to August.  *sigh*.

Side note ,though.  First guy I spoke with said they have been told to no longer look up claim numbers for customers and verify any information, that they can only give "mid-August" as an answer. (He sounded a little pissy about it actually, I'm guessing they're getting tired of the phone calls). I called a second time and got someone to actually verify, not sure if he really checked but he at least took my claim number and sounded as if he was checking.

Edited by scridercoach
  • Like 1

Was in the area so I stopped in to see my dealer. He has a Matte black shipping tomorrow from Washington. My ceramic ice bike (and the salesman’s ceramic ice bike) are estimated to ship 7/24 from Georgia along with a third ceramic ice and an intensity white. 
He also said he fully expects those dates to chance since its changed a few times already. My birthday is 7/28, would be awesome if I got my bike on my birthday.

Well I just got a call from the dealer.  Good news, the bike's in; bad news, wrong color.

Don't know what happened but hoping I like the white color.  Wanted a matt grey one.  Will see it in the morning and decide. 

26 minutes ago, Too Tall said:

Well I just got a call from the dealer.  Good news, the bike's in; bad news, wrong color.

Don't know what happened but hoping I like the white color.  Wanted a matt grey one.  Will see it in the morning and decide. 

Can always wrap it...

49 minutes ago, Too Tall said:

Well since I ordered white, feel free to send it to South Carolina.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Too Tall said:

Yep. Me too. Ive got a claim number for a black one and they called and I  could have had a white one 3 weeks ago and decided to just wait for the matte black one. That's what I put my deposit on and figure if Im spending this much on a new one, get the one you really really like. It's only a couple more weeks which means nothing in the term of having a bike for years.

• Like 1

That's funny. My dealer ordered two black and one white. One person is ahead of me in pre orders and I am hoping and praying they pick black. I mean I figure the majority of people preordering like black or blue over red... Right?

After getting the August date from Yahama HQ, the dealer today said I'm still scheduled for "this month."  Crossing my fingers...at this point any color it MY COLOR!  

It's kind of crazy how it seems if you're waiting for black at your dealer, they're getting white and vice-versa.  It feels like Yamaha hasn't paid any attention to the orders.  We already know the first come-first serve order of getting a claim number was a joke.  Now it's the colors getting botched.

• Like 1

Just got a call from my dealer who now said again, for the 5th time AFTER the pre-order debacle, that it will be again a week or two before it's shipped. And this isn't even the black one that I ordered, for which he has no idea anymore when it will arrive. 

He's been saying he has 2 white ones coming, and if I want one of those I can have it because Im first in line. If not, there's others that want it. Not a fan of the red and white, personally. The black was supposed to ship the end of this month, but being that Yamaha keep making false promises he's not betting on it. 

He also said this is the last time he's ordering anything from Yamaha for pre-orders. Only when bikes are available for showrooms. He's been burned, and listed 4 other bikes over the last 20 yers that Yamaha has screwed him over and said Yamaha is the worst company to owkr with in regards to this, and warranties. They also carry Honda, KTN, Husky, Triumph, Suzuki, Ski-Doo, Can-Am and iAd they've never hd problems like this with other makers. 

So now not sure what to do. Not a fan of the white, but it looks like they'll get it within a month. He has no idea for the black, even though ti was supposed to be here soon as well. 

I've waited 7 months since I put down a deposit, which meant nothing. Do I just wait until the black one finally arrives, buy the white which I dont like or just say F it and wait till next year. 

The one thought I had with the white is changing out the rear plastic panel for flat black. Does anyone know who to contact to purchase a new black rear plastic? Like as if you stock one was cracked and needing replaced? I could wrap but rather not. Then it would be black and white which would be fine, IMO. 

5 minutes ago, johnnygolucky said:

Just got a call from my dealer who now said again, for the 5th time AFTER the pre-order debacle, that it will be again a week or two before it's shipped. And this isn't even the black one that I ordered, for which he has no idea anymore when it will arrive. 

He's been saying he has 2 white ones coming, and if I want one of those I can have it because Im first in line. If not, there's others that want it. Not a fan of the red and white, personally. The black was supposed to ship the end of this month, but being that Yamaha keep making false promises he's not betting on it. 

He also said this is the last time he's ordering anything from Yamaha for pre-orders. Only when bikes are available for showrooms. He's been burned, and listed 4 other bikes over the last 20 yers that Yamaha has screwed him over and said Yamaha is the worst company to owkr with in regards to this, and warranties. They also carry Honda, KTN, Husky, Triumph, Suzuki, Ski-Doo, Can-Am and iAd they've never hd problems like this with other makers. 

So now not sure what to do. Not a fan of the white, but it looks like they'll get it within a month. He has no idea for the black, even though ti was supposed to be here soon as well. 

I've waited 7 months since I put down a deposit, which meant nothing. Do I just wait until the black one finally arrives, buy the white which I dont like or just say F it and wait till next year. 

The one thought I had with the white is changing out the rear plastic panel for flat black. Does anyone know who to contact to purchase a new black rear plastic? Like as if you stock one was cracked and needing replaced? I could wrap but rather not. Then it would be black and white which would be fine, IMO. 

I feel your pain.  It's amazing to me how convoluted this whole process has been.  I, myself, ordered the red and white, but I did indicate blue as a second choice.  What I don't understand is how so many of us keep getting pushed back but not even contacted by Yamaha, such as "Hey, we can get the blue to you sooner, do you want it?" or something similar.  I'm hearing/reading more stories now about colorways being wrong for what's marked as being shipped to customers.

Insert "eye roll" here.

Edited by scridercoach
  • Like 1

Shoulda started shopping like I did. I’m looking like the smart one on here with everyone still waiting for a bike. Yes I was in on the PDP way back in February. Which meant nothing in the end. Once I got left out I went shopping and found a bike in my color. Took 4 weeks, time well spent in my case. 

Edited by roy826

1 minute ago, roy826 said:

I’m looking like the smart one on here with everyone still waiting for a bike.

All hail Roy. 

• Haha 2

• Premium Member

Colours 🙄

• Like 2

I'm waiting on a black one but really would be happy with any of the colors.  My wife says the black one matches my "costume".  🤔

• Like 1

No more waiting. Picked it up today and have it torn apart,

0717201330d.thumb.jpg.c2c206ab3e669d73b42709f786dba9c7.jpg0717201331a.thumb.jpg.e186cf39219d74a9c72fd83262d95c5a.jpg0717201857.thumb.jpg.0ce59c5c0056f4ad2a21297073cab6f1.jpg0717201857_Burst01.thumb.jpg.ba970689b6e247539148043c416d4555.jpg0717201858.thumb.jpg.60c9b66febe642e9d233ab89792533b3.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
2021 Yamaha Tenere 700
2019 Husqvarna TE 250i
2018 Husqy/Oberon/JD FE 450