Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Welcome to the great USA 2020 Yamaha T7 preorder scramble

Cruizin

3 minutes ago, hardwater said:

I forwarded the email I received from Yamaha to my dealer.  He said he had looked into it and I needed to login and get the registration number Friday and send it to him ASAP.  Last email I had from him was about 10 minutes ago, I don’t believe he’s just being lazy so I’m pretty sure it’s up to us.

Friday should be a lot of fun.

I just hope that the website doesn't crash as we all login

• Like 1

22nd of May must feel like New Years eve 💪😂

Countdown in place... Good luck to all future owners... Hope you get the bikes ASAP... 🙏👍

12 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

I just hope that the website doesn't crash as we all login

You know it will or something along that line.  I’m working so the wife is going to step up to the plate, what could go wrong right.  At least she doesn’t have to drive 70 miles to lay down a deposit.

Good luck!

• Like 1

I wonder if some of you can use a VPN and make use of the earliest time zone available on that day, hmm...

24 minutes ago, ScorpionT16 said:

I wonder if some of you can use a VPN and make use of the earliest time zone available on that day, hmm...

Based on EST timezone. So that's a fixed time, across the globe.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Cruizin said:

Some people are reporting that their dealers are going to go ahead and do the registration for them but I don't know if I would trust that.

My dealer insisted on doing the registration for me.  They have been a single line Yamaha dealer for a long, long time.  If they mess up, I am not going to sweat it. I still have plenty of bikes to ride until it gets here.

Tenere 700 / Africa Twin / Goldwing / Super Tenere / WR250R / GS1000S / GT750 / H2 750

1 hour ago, Cruizin said:

It's gonna be crazy on Friday. There will be a lot of Americans logging into the Yamaha preorder website all at the same time. 

That is exactly why I didn't push the issue with the dealer. Instead, I am breaking out of Lockdown jail for 3 days and going for a ride with Linda on the Gold Wing. 

• Like 1

Tenere 700 / Africa Twin / Goldwing / Super Tenere / WR250R / GS1000S / GT750 / H2 750

I'll know soon enough. My dealer is family owned and has been around a long time. The Sales guy has been there 36 years. I would trust them over the new big places that are more like car dealers than bike shops. 

There is one of the big city multi line dealers 15 minutes from my house. It seems like every time I go in there all the employees are new and don't know squat about anything. I am buying the bike 200 miles from the house in another state. 

Edited by Simmons1
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Simmons1 said:

I'll know soon enough. My dealer is family owned and has been around a long time. The Sales guy has been there 36 years. I would trust them over the new big places that are more like car dealers than bike shops. 

There is one of the big city multi line dealers 15 minutes from my house. It seems like every time I go in there all the employees are new and don't know squat about anything. I am buying the bike 200 miles from the house in another state. 

So I assume that the dealer will use your email address. So the dealer goes on the customer (enduser) public website and uses your email address to pretend that they are you / a customer and then if successful you send the dealer the allocation number that you receive and then the dealer uses his private dealer only Yamaha system to enter this customer allocation number and confirm that a deposit has been received. I would rather do the customer bit, myself, as it is meant to be done. 

This isn't on the dealers. They took deposits like they have been doing since the 70's. We walk into any business and offer the employee's  $500, they are gonna take it. 

Yamaha USA did this to make things fair to everyone. Or, they did this to sell more Accessory packages. 

It's going to be interesting how this works tomorrow. I hope we all get a bike first week of June. This forum will light up full of new bike pics and upgrade posts if that's the case. 

I'm trying to be optimistic here.

The bulletin to the dealer says the bikes will be delivered to dealers the week of June first. That means the bikes are already in warehouses in the USA.  Waiting to come to us. 

I'm laid off work still on unemployment. I've got nothing better to do then go ride the piss out of my new T7. 

• Like 1

It is definitely up to you to get your order in and that reservation number to the dealer. I talked to mine and they have assured me they will be primed and ready 10 minutes before so we can both race to the finish at the top of the hour. They know getting one of these bikes in the AZ market early is important and I was the first to put money down and have been the most active and informed buyer on their list. I am nervous as hell given the circumstances.

• Confused 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Cruizin said:

This isn't on the dealers. They took deposits like they have been doing since the 70's. We walk into any business and offer the employee's  $500, they are gonna take it. 

Yamaha USA did this to make things fair to everyone. Or, they did this to sell more Accessory packages. 

It's going to be interesting how this works tomorrow. I hope we all get a bike first week of June. This forum will light up full of new bike pics and upgrade posts if that's the case. 

I'm trying to be optimistic here.

The bulletin to the dealer says the bikes will be delivered to dealers the week of June first. That means the bikes are already in warehouses in the USA.  Waiting to come to us. 

I'm laid off work still on unemployment. I've got nothing better to do then go ride the piss out of my new T7. 

Yeah, that is exact point I to am trying to highlight here; 

that it has come down to you / the end-user-customer to go on public website and (hopefully) get a reservation allocation number that the dealer converts to reserve a bike. 

All any already paid $500 deposits have actually reserved is nothing.

It just means that if you get an allocation reservation number and give it to the dealer then your deposit is already there and the dealer can go on right away (you hope) to their internal system to convert your reservation / allocation number into an actual sale reserved bike and only at that dealer confirmed sale point is a bike reserved for you

So if you delay and / or the dealer delays too much the bikes could all be gone / reallocated. 

What no one knows is how many first released bikes there are for June.

Clever stuff and sites can crash.

All please keep us posted, it is exciting,

god I feel like trying to get allocation, wiring $500 and i am in the UK and I have got one 10 months already, lol. ☺️🤣

Hope you all get sorted. 😎

My Dealer has been fair with me.

I was not going to play the game tomorrow . I will try to get through twice .

Then call said dealer and request my 500$ back

f Y    Jeff

4 hours ago, X Plane said:

So I assume that the dealer will use your email address. So the dealer goes on the customer (enduser) public website and uses your email address to pretend that they are you / a customer and then if successful you send the dealer the allocation number that you receive and then the dealer uses his private dealer only Yamaha system to enter this customer allocation number and confirm that a deposit has been received. I would rather do the customer bit, myself, as it is meant to be done. 

Well, at 12 pm EST tomorrow I'll be motoring down a highway somewhere in East Texas on my Gold Wing with my sweetie on the back. The dealer said they would take care of it. I have no reason to doubt they won't. 

I am not worried a bit. It won't kill me to wait a few more months if one doesn't get allocated in the first round. It's a motorcycle, it's not like it's a heart, or a kidney and I'll die without it.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, Simmons1 said:

Well, at 12 pm EST tomorrow I'll be motoring down a highway somewhere in East Texas on my Gold Wing with my sweetie on the back. The dealer said they would take care of it. I have no reason to doubt they won't. 

I am not worried a bit. It won't kill me to wait a few more months if one doesn't get allocated in the first round. It's a motorcycle, it's not like it's a heart, or a kidney and I'll die without it.

Super attitude 🙆‍♂️  

11 minutes ago, Simmons1 said:

Unless of course riding a Tenere 700 improves the viable function of your heart and kidneys, then I'd postulate it's relatively imperative to receive this Tenere 700 with urgency. 

That's how I'm rollin. 

5 minutes ago, johnnygolucky said:

Unless of course riding a Tenere 700 improves the viable function of your heart and kidneys, then I'd postulate it's relatively imperative to receive this Tenere 700 with urgency. 

That's how I'm rollin. 

When I need to improve heart or kidney function I go for a spin on one of these.

20180120_152014.jpg

Cowtown 1.jpg

• Like 1

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, Simmons1 said:

When I need to improve heart or kidney function I go for a spin on one of these.

20180120_152014.jpg

Cowtown 1.jpg

Ring, ringgggg, ringggg, ring, bang lol I can hear from here.

Class their smoke could be bad for the lungs, but sod that.

3 cylinder 2 stokes in spindly frames raise anyone's heart rate as will Tenere day EST 12 noon tomorrow for some 👍

• Premium Member

I’ve a suggestion....

Post on here after you, hopefully and successfully, get a reservation allocation number.

Best wishes guys it is like Christmas 

Well took the day off of work, will be at my dealer before they open to make this happen hopefully everything goes quickly without a website crash. The time they chose kinda sucks 12eastern is 9AM  Pacific wich is when the dealership opens. Fingers crossed they get in there early and fire up the computers. 

• Like 1