Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

EDITED Update on preorder deliveries , and it's good.

Cruizin

UPDATE 6-3-2020 Looks like they have more bikes than I was told, and my dealer just confirmed that my bike is coming this month, maybe even end of this week or early next!!!   Woo hoo! Time to celebrate!! 

Just got credible info. Only a small limited amount of the preordered  T7's are going out to USA dealers in June. The bulk of them going out in July and even into August.

And yes, I'm talking about the bikes that we all preordered and have claim numbers for.

He did not have exact numbers, just an email forwarded from the top. No, I cannot share the email, lawsuits are not fun and my source would probably get in big trouble. 

A very small limited amount of us will be getting T7's this month. Sounds like leaving warehouse this week.

The rest of our preordered bikes aren't even built yet, and factory is closed until June 12th.  

Sorry for the bad news. 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Did you get an approximation of how many are going out, beyond just "limited amount"?

Well I guess ill have to take lots of pics of my bike for the page since ill be getting mine first. 😁😁😁

• Haha 2

Consider that you’re the CEO of YamahaUSA, and you’ve just hosted an embarrassing clusterfuck of a product introduction.  What better way to weasel out of the situation than to give EVERYBODY a confirmation number;whether you have the bikes or not. The furor is quieted, the dealers get to keep the money given them, and you’ve generated hundreds of sales.  Customers will be pissed, but SO WHAT?  You’ve got their money.

• Like 2

• Moderators

https://youtu.be/d0VNHe5fq30

Edited by CAJW
  • Haha 2

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

Drove 70 + miles and spoke with my dealer.  He called his rep while I was sitting there. No mention of number of units being shipped, but should be next week.  Since I live in Montana which is almost the end of the food chain I'd guess later June into July.  Those living closer to civilization ( whatever that means these days ) maybe sooner. Dealer, not Rep said he heard around 800 units.  My dealer is having a hard time filling demand for existing  bikes much less than the unicorn.

3 minutes ago, JDCooper said:

Consider that you’re the CEO of YamahaUSA, and you’ve just hosted an embarrassing clusterfuck of a product introduction.  What better way to weasel out of the situation than to give EVERYBODY a confirmation number;whether you have the bikes or not. The furor is quieted, the dealers get to keep the money given them, and you’ve generated hundreds of sales.  Customers will be pissed, but SO WHAT?  You’ve got their money.

But you've got three months to deliver. The program said that deliveries start in June and go thru August...so settle down Beavis.

And yell fire once we hit September.

3feeb6c6dd76ff82639356c5a0bdfddf.jpg

• Like 2

Yeah, if you look there are close to 1k claim numbers.  So how many in a shipment? Easily into August for some of us.

I really don’t understand this.. if the bikes are actually in the US and US warehouses then what’s the holdup and delay getting them to the dealers? I mean it’s not assembly since they are crated in Japan, shipped over, trucked to warehouses, then to the dealer for final assembly and released to buyer. 

Edit.. btw.. I've been so chill about this bike over the years. Had the attitude from the start of "when it gets here it gets here". Still, seems kinda messed up just holding them for no reason...

Edited by Adrenolin

It`s sole purpose is to torture the buyers...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just embarrassing for Yamaha to be the laughingstock of the motorcycle industry. They can’t find their butt with both hands, this is been one calamity after another. They introduce this motorcycle God knows when sprinkled it all over the world  in the meantime every other manufacture has been eating their lunch introducing models introducing new models introducing updated new models of adventure motorcycle while these guys still can’t find the starting line. Not to mention how they are abusing their customer, I guess it says a lot about us.

3 hours ago, Adrenolin said:

I really don’t understand this.. if the bikes are actually in the US and US warehouses then what’s the holdup and delay getting them to the dealers? I mean it’s not assembly since they are crated in Japan, shipped over, trucked to warehouses, then to the dealer for final assembly and released to buyer. 

Edit.. btw.. I've been so chill about this bike over the years. Had the attitude from the start of "when it gets here it gets here". Still, seems kinda messed up just holding them for no reason...

There are only so many bikes built. Way more pre orders than actual bikes built and in the USA.    

9 hours ago, slakdawg said:

But you've got three months to deliver. The program said that deliveries start in June and go thru August...so settle down Beavis.

And yell fire once we hit September.

3feeb6c6dd76ff82639356c5a0bdfddf.jpg

I agree completely. The PDP bikes were all supposed to be here by early August. Seems like everyone stopped reading after they got to June in reading the PDP announcement. Yamaha had no control over CV 19 and its affects across the world for both Yamaha and its suppliers.

The hand writing was on the wall for this to happen when Canada only got a portion of their PDP bikes to deliver.  My guess is the first batch of Canadian and US bikes were all built at the same time before the factory closed.

If Yamaha USA follows suit with Canada I would expect them spread out what bikes are here across the country and not necessarily just distribute them in a few areas. I have heard in the past that single line dealers get priority, but I have no idea if this is fact or Urban Legend.

• Like 1

Tenere 700 / Africa Twin / Goldwing / Super Tenere / WR250R / GS1000S / GT750 / H2 750

I can hope that things are different here in Ohio. Our dealer had to contact the regional manager due to Yamaha’s website crashing on the 22nd. The regional listing at that time showed that not all of the bikes were claimed so we were still able to claim ours in the first batch. Haven’t got a shipping confirm yet so fingers are crossed!

some Japanese reported today that their dealer contacted and told their T7 will be delivered in mid June

(it has been "TBA" since early April)

interestingly, all of the lucky bastards were who ordered black one

USA Press ride pic . . . no black models . . . 

B1205335-930E-4D9D-B5AA-80E247198BAC.jpeg

2021 White T7, 2019 MT-7, 2021 CRF300 Rally, ‘14 V-Strom 1000 Adventure

2 hours ago, Mike S said:

I can hope that things are different here in Ohio. Our dealer had to contact the regional manager due to Yamaha’s website crashing on the 22nd. The regional listing at that time showed that not all of the bikes were claimed so we were still able to claim ours in the first batch. Haven’t got a shipping confirm yet so fingers are crossed!

I ordered mine via the link that Yamaha sent me on the 22nd.  i rode over to my selling Yamaha dealer and he called his Yamaha rep.  The Yamaha rep spoke to me directly and took my personal information, email, color choice, and authorization number.  He told me that my reservation was confirmed.........I never received a confirmation number, but will go with what the Yamaha rep told me.  He said he could only confirm a delivery date between June and August for my order.  I am glad to own two other fine motorcycles and when the T7 comes in is when it will come in. My bike will hopefully look like this:

2000000001.jpg

Edited by whisperquiet
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Matt Collins said:

Your source was just referring to Idaho 🙂

This

50 minutes ago, Tom McDonough said:

USA Press ride pic . . . no black models . . . 

B1205335-930E-4D9D-B5AA-80E247198BAC.jpeg

Where did you get that pic?

11 minutes ago, Matt Collins said:

Where did you get that pic?

ADVMotoMag on Facebook.    Think it's in GA.  Press event.  Not sure how many were involved but they have to get the hype up for a bike that's already sold out.   /s

• Like 1

I wish they would hurry up and stop using our bikes for us! haha

They want press? Give me my bike this week and I'll post anything you want big blue!

• Like 1