Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

EDITED Update on preorder deliveries , and it's good.

Cruizin

Getting the shaft again by my dealer.  So pissed. Called them yesterday they couldn't find any info on delivery date. Called like 4 times today and each time was put on hold for longer then i could stay on the line. Gave my number for sales to calk me back never got a return call. Called again and sales is gone and no info yet. All this and i have a low claim number.  Shet for all i know my bike could be sitting in their shop.  Ive bought a bunch of bikes out of this dealership for the last 15 years they have been my only parts house and after this whole fiasco im done. Once i get my T7 they have lost my business forever.  😡😡😡

6 hours ago, pgeldz said:

Well there you have it.  My claim number is later, but my bike has already been shipped.  Different color though, so what I said above looks like it's coming to fruition.

It could also be possible that ship times for the same color to different locations could be different, depending on proximity to port of entry location, causing someone to get theirs earlier than someone with a lower claim number.

Pls tell me what claim # u have. mine is 736857

Okay then, checking in from Portland Oregon: Got the call. Mine is in the shop ready for pickup. Going to get it Saturday morning. And I do not know what my claim number was, or if it had any significance.

My life is now complete!!!

• Like 3

Claim number and time stamp doesn't mean a thing. I was one of the first to get through the pdp system and i think the 2nd on the fourm to get a call from Yamaha.  My claim number is low. And my dealer doesn't even have a ship date for my bike. 

52 minutes ago, Mr.motarded said:

Claim number and time stamp doesn't mean a thing. I was one of the first to get through the pdp system and i think the 2nd on the fourm to get a call from Yamaha.  My claim number is low. And my dealer doesn't even have a ship date for my bike. 

My dealer doesn't even have a claim number even though my reservation number arrived at 10:01am, the dealer had my reservation e-mail at 10:03am,  and my deposit was in the dealers hand at 10:41am.   Pathetic and pisses me off so much that I see yellow.  What can you do though.  Too late to jump to another dealer.  I'll get the bike and take my business elsewhere.  They claim it WAS ordered so at least I have that going for me.  When it will get here, nobody knows.

Edited by rhicks

This whole thing is messed up my dealer called me back in January saying i could reserve a bike with a deposit so i drove down that day and put down a deposit.  We all know how the early deposits went. Smh. I was moments away from buying a 790r cause of Yamaha's big failures.  The only reason i didn't was cause it was almost closing time so i was going to buy it the next day and that gave me enough time to research more on the ktm and i found out about all the problems people are having with them. 

17 minutes ago, Mr.motarded said:

This whole thing is messed up my dealer called me back in January saying i could reserve a bike with a deposit so i drove down that day and put down a deposit.  We all know how the early deposits went. Smh. I was moments away from buying a 790r cause of Yamaha's big failures.  The only reason i didn't was cause it was almost closing time so i was going to buy it the next day and that gave me enough time to research more on the ktm and i found out about all the problems people are having with them. 

Its going to be OK.

You will be this man when they call and say when do you want to pick up your bike?

happy man.jpg

32 minutes ago, Combo said:

Its going to be OK.

You will be this man when they call and say when do you want to pick up your bike?

happy man.jpg

I spilt hot coffee all over myself, burned my skin but was laughing my ass off and jumping around like a kid, like when i got my first dirt bike. 

• Like 1

Well, I finally touched base with my dealer.  The answer was disappointing, mid-July... but, it does fall in line with the general consensus that's starting to unfold.  Unless your dealer is high turnover or single line Yamaha dealer with a larger turnover, you're not getting the first wave.  It would appear the "claim" number order was B.S.   Too many reports of higher/late orders coming into the bigger shops and earlier/lower number orders being Mid-July.  However, had I gone to the larger dealer closer to me, I'd not have gotten the price I'm getting. My claim number was definitely not low, but certainly not high. 736438

Edited by scridercoach

2 minutes ago, scridercoach said:

Well, I finally touched base with my dealer.  The answer was disappointing, mid-July... but, it does fall in line with the general consensus that's starting to unfold.  Unless your dealer is high turnover or single line Yamaha dealer with a larger turnover, you're not getting the first wave.  It would appear the "claim" number order was B.S.   Too many reports of higher/late orders coming into the bigger shops and earlier/lower number orders being Mid-July.  However, had I gone to the larger dealer closer to me, I'd not have gotten the price I'm getting. My claim number was definitely not low, but certainly not high.

I'll add to my existing Wait then !  😂

15 minutes ago, scridercoach said:

It would appear the "claim" number order was B.S.   Too many reports of higher/late orders coming into the bigger shops and earlier/lower number orders being Mid-July.

I'm honestly not so sure.  It might still be going in sequential order, but could also depend on a few things:

1) what color you ordered

2) if you got one of the pre-configured option "packs" (adventure or rally)

3) how close your dealership to the port of entry

Based on those factors, it's really hard to say how the "sequential" part of this is determined...

5 minutes ago, pgeldz said:

I'm honestly not so sure.  It might still be going in sequential order, but could also depend on a few things:

1) what color you ordered

2) if you got one of the pre-configured option "packs" (adventure or rally)

3) how close your dealership to the port of entry

Based on those factors, it's really hard to say how the "sequential" part of this is determined...

At this point, what's true, who really knows.   But, given that dealers in Idaho got their bikes before true west coast dealers?  Takes the port of entry idea out of the mix.    Packs?  Mmm, maybe, but I didn't order one.  Color? again maybe, but haven't heard any real statements one way or the other on that.

All I can say is, based on statements made by folks on several sites.  Those who have received or are going to by next week are purchasing from "bigger" dealers.  Those who are waiting beyond; smaller.   And I'm the first to admit this is all anecdotal and just a theory.....  One thing is for certain the numerical order of claim numbers definitely isn't the order of receipt.

Grinds me, though.  One state over, the press corps is riding a bunch of T7's in my color choice.

Silver lining (I'm trying to stay "happy"), is I know my accesorries and bits/pieces will definitely arrive before the bike now.  And, I can take solace in knowing I'm getting a great deal financially with my dealer.  I might have gotten one sooner using the "big box" dealer that's much closer to me, but I'd be paying premium for sure.

I gues my bike was shipped to my dealer yesterday and is in transport right now. So ill probably get it next week. My dealer had their main salesman quit during the start of covid . So they cant do sales on sat or sunday. And they are closed monday. But its close to being in my garage. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, scridercoach said:

At this point, what's true, who really knows.   But, given that dealers in Idaho got their bikes before true west coast dealers?  Takes the port of entry idea out of the mix.    Packs?  Mmm, maybe, but I didn't order one.  Color? again maybe, but haven't heard any real statements one way or the other on that.

All I can say is, based on statements made by folks on several sites.  Those who have received or are going to by next week are purchasing from "bigger" dealers.  Those who are waiting beyond; smaller.   And I'm the first to admit this is all anecdotal and just a theory.....  One thing is for certain the numerical order of claim numbers definitely isn't the order of receipt.

Grinds me, though.  One state over, the press corps is riding a bunch of T7's in my color choice.

Silver lining (I'm trying to stay "happy"), is I know my accesorries and bits/pieces will definitely arrive before the bike now.  And, I can take solace in knowing I'm getting a great deal financially with my dealer.  I might have gotten one sooner using the "big box" dealer that's much closer to me, but I'd be paying premium for sure.

I hear ya, and all sounds reasonable (not what's actually going on, but your explanation).

I wish they would have done things differently also, but I do know from an inside source that if you have a claim number you have a bike, by the end of August.

Was just called and my shop has 1 blue, 1 black, 1 red. There is 1 person in front of me who ordered the black which I also wanted but put my deposit down after him. If he doesn't call ym dealer back within nth next 24 hours, it's mine. If I want the red which was my second choice, it's mine. 

If he does call back and I dont want the red, they will be getting 10 more bikes in 2 weeks and my black will be in it. 

Decisions.......black right now, red right now... black in 2-3 weeks. 

40 minutes ago, johnnygolucky said:

Was just called and my shop has 1 blue, 1 black, 1 red. There is 1 person in front of me who ordered the black which I also wanted but put my deposit down after him. If he doesn't call ym dealer back within nth next 24 hours, it's mine. If I want the red which was my second choice, it's mine. 

If he does call back and I dont want the red, they will be getting 10 more bikes in 2 weeks and my black will be in it. 

Decisions.......black right now, red right now... black in 2-3 weeks. 

10 more bikes, in two weeks?   That sounds like maybe they didn't play by the rules or did they have that many customers actually order?  Then again, given how this all played out, the rules probably didn't mean a thing.

Edited by scridercoach
  • Like 2

My buddy and I each have high Claim Numbers from a single line dealer in Oklahoma. My buddy talked to the dealer today, and was told the 5 bikes they have Claim numbers for are due mid to late July. 

Tenere 700 / Africa Twin / Goldwing / Super Tenere / WR250R / GS1000S / GT750 / H2 750

Adding a data point:

FDD601D1-7496-442E-A863-4FE695A40302.jpeg

I had a high claim number as I didn’t get my deposit in until Saturday later in the day.

Edited by BMRT7

10 minutes ago, Simmons1 said:

My buddy and I each have high Claim Numbers from a single line dealer in Oklahoma. My buddy talked to the dealer today, and was told the 5 bikes they have Claim numbers for are due mid to late July. 

I was told I didn't need a claim number after the PDP. 

Was told the claim was in 1.5 hours into PDP.

My dealer is small multi-line in CT.

Same timeframe. 

Edited by ADVUSA

Is it safe to say the bikes for mid to late July aren’t even built yet if the factory is closed till June 12?

Finally heard from my sales guy again earlier and we expect mine to arrive Tuesday or Wednesday. The wait is so hard now because it's so close!

Side note: He tried to brag how good his price was and I sent him photos others shared of about $500 less and he got quiet. lol

• Like 1

My white and red one came to a multiline dealer Portland area. I ordered a travel pack. Those parts are coming from separate location in the future. Don't know when. But I will bring the bike home in a few hours. I saw a shipping label on a crate saying it docked in Tacoma Washington. I imagine that is where Rob's came in. Arrived at his dealer same day as mine in PDX.

• Like 1

My dealer in central IL  got the first one in today, a red that was ordered with no package. My blue was a lower order number but was ordered with the rally pack and today shows a June 15 shipment date.

20200605_143648.jpg

I also got a call from my dealer today. He said they told him mid July. I am hoping that is worst case and it will be here late June. It is a shame that Honda wasn’t in a position to roll out a 850 Africa this summer. That would have put a end to all this mess. 

• Like 1