Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Lets see your new Tenere 700's, world!

Cruizin

Finally got my T7RE, done a few mods, handguards, tail tidy, heated grips and Nav mount. Absolutely loving it, and it feels so light as well. The Rally Edition seat isnt the most comfortable, will probably have to look at a gell insert. Overal, very pleased with it. 😁👍

2C49929E-3F42-49A7-87AB-6D2CFDC53AC6.jpeg

• Like 6

Here's mine. Just had the first service done.

So far I have fitted crash bars and a centre stand (both SW Motech), Tank pads and my old trusty Kriega US-10.

20200811_090325_resized.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ChrisB said:

The seat is a killer 😢

Rally seat is better 😄 .. bike looks amazing with that colour scheme 🙂 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Have you ever owned a KTM   🤪

Yes several 

this seat is worse than my smcr 😢

5 minutes ago, ChrisB said:

Yes several 

this seat is worse than my smcr 😢

It'll get better, it's far superior to any KTM i've had excepting my 950 with the gel seat.  Maybe it's the shape of your arse , I have plenty of padding  😆

Edited by boboneleg
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, ChrisB said:

The seat is a killer 😢

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks the seat is uncomfortable. Both the standard & rally. I'm fitting a gel insert next.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Taken at about 5,000' MSL off of Balch Park Rd above Springville. CA about 3 hours ago. Temps were in the low 70's F, really nice compared to the nearly 100 * in the valley. 

The other two "street" bike riders with me were complaining about the rough road conditions.  Me? I hardly noticed. 😉

20200811_104852.jpg

• Like 3

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

3 hours ago, Adventure6965 said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks the seat is uncomfortable. Both the standard & rally. I'm fitting a gel insert next.

Let us know who you get your Gel seat from and how you get on. 

I’ll most likely do the same, the seat is pretty uncomfortable after a few hours. Love the bike though, feels so nimble and light. 

Took the T7 to the mountains today. This bike is awesome off road. Did some drone photos today also.

20200811_115819.jpg

• Like 2

Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward,for there you have been, and there you will long to return!

6 hours ago, FredBasset said:

Let us know who you get your Gel seat from and how you get on. 

I’ll most likely do the same, the seat is pretty uncomfortable after a few hours. Love the bike though, feels so nimble and light. 

I love the bike apart from the seat. The engine is great. I can just bumble along or speed things up & it's super smooth. I love how the engine pops on engine breaking downhill. I've ordered a 2cm gel pad from Amazon & also some 2mm foam backed material from Ebay to cover both the gel pad & existing foam.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TennesseeTenere said:

Picked it up the first week of July, 3400 on the clock already. ( approx 40%off pavement) Seems I got“lost” on the TAT in Mississippi this weekend and ended up in the Smokies. 😎.  1100 m in two days. Bike never let me down and I can without question say it is far more capable than I am at 52 No regrets on the wait or choice, this is the right bike for me. Complete TAT and Continental Divide trail next summer. 😎🏻🏍

632C36ED-7306-4A5B-8E81-F6573E82C096.jpeg

Which tires did you put on, and how long after you got your T7 did you wait to install them?  Any feedback on the tires?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Seventh Son said:

Which tires did you put on, and how long after you got your T7 did you wait to install them?  Any feedback on the tires?

At 1000 miles on the clock I went with Kenda Big Blocks on both the front and back . As far as feedback on the tires there are plenty of reviews out there for this tire. My two cents worth:  I needed something more aggressive than the stock tires for getting off pavement. The tires were 193$ delivered from Rocky Mountain ATV so that part was easy. I knew the mileage limitations going in with these tires and from reviews expected to see between 2000 and 2500 miles of use out of them. (At 2400 miles they probably have another 500 in them). On pavement I find that 33psi works best for me. Off pavement, 22 psi.  The tires have done very well for me on pavement, gravel, wet red clay roads( I would rather ride on ice) , mud, and sand.  The mileage is a limiting factor so I probably will not be using these  on my 8000 plus mile trip planned for next year. Having said that, I have another set on the way from RcyMt atv.  I have been very happy with the tires. Hope this helps.  

See you on the trail. 😎🏍A591CA3A-BE19-4BEE-A0F6-D0C50E8D8F9F.thumb.png.4d446ae6fcd868e862215c4bde7e1f52.png

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TennesseeTenere said:

At 1000 miles on the clock I went with Kenda Big Blocks on both the front and back . As far as feedback on the tires there are plenty of reviews out there for this tire. My two cents worth:  I needed something more aggressive than the stock tires for getting off pavement. The tires were 193$ delivered from Rocky Mountain ATV so that part was easy. I knew the mileage limitations going in with these tires and from reviews expected to see between 2000 and 2500 miles of use out of them. (At 2400 miles they probably have another 500 in them). On pavement I find that 33psi works best for me. Off pavement, 22 psi.  The tires have done very well for me on pavement, gravel, wet red clay roads( I would rather ride on ice) , mud, and sand.  The mileage is a limiting factor so I probably will not be using these  on my 8000 plus mile trip planned for next year. Having said that, I have another set on the way from RcyMt atv.  I have been very happy with the tires. Hope this helps.  

See you on the trail. 😎🏍A591CA3A-BE19-4BEE-A0F6-D0C50E8D8F9F.thumb.png.4d446ae6fcd868e862215c4bde7e1f52.png

Great feedback, thanks.  I'm in a similar situation.  Will probably ditch the stock Pirellis after 1,000 miles or so and go with something a little more off-road oriented.  Am currently considering the Michelin Anakee Wilds as well as the Bridgestone Battlax AX-41, both of which get great performance reviews, but longevity seems to be lacking with the Bridgestone.  I wouldn't choose either of those for a 5,000+ mile extended adventure ride.  I'll also check out the Kenda Big Block. 

New Titanium Arrow! 

20200821_172740.jpg

• Like 2

Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward,for there you have been, and there you will long to return!

On 7/12/2020 at 12:04 AM, helipilotxtz700 said:

My new Baby!

20200702_114543.jpg

I recently installed the BD S1 spot lights.  Wow, super bright! I'll need to adjust these at night likely down!  🤩

• Like 3

Lavina Lookout Trail, near Kaslo BC. Burly bunch of switchbacks getting there, well worth it though.

Resized_20200822_144324.thumb.jpeg.9daca0a699144f3a42049b841d20d098.jpegIMG_0760.JPG.ffd61c407819f2c80aa57037365811f3.JPGIMG_0753.JPG.40613ef9fff7cc437d570be16ae0828a.JPGIMG_0762.JPG.fad402a6b3a55301549032f4a3f73489.JPGIMG_0752.JPG.95ac5fcc713f3f1358a3b4e5edf9437a.JPG590226511_Screenshot2020-07-17at9_25_09PM.thumb.png.19b24e6300f8c95b401fe9e2c710c516.png

Edited by sshat
  • Like 8