Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Tenere 700 Exhaust options and pictures.

ChristosGR

Will get some pictures in the next couple of days of the mount, if I can figure it out, I might even try to do a video. 

Edited by jeff936
  • Like 5

On 5/16/2020 at 7:39 PM, ScorpionT16 said:

May depend where you live, in NA, for some of these euro brands we get dinged with taxes and duties, plus conversion fees. 

Personally I'd wager the Wings exhaust is the best looking, and best value for it's quality. I do agree with @cabbythat a lot of the others just look cheap and make the T7 look even worse. If it's sound one wants, removing the DB on the stock pipe is the way I would go. for weight and quality, the wings. 

IMG_0158.jpg

• Like 1

Ok, so I installed my Wings exhaust.  It took total 15 minutes to remove the stock and install the Wings.  The craftsmanship and materials are superb. Real Carbon fiber and Titanium construction for $419 USD plus shipping. 

One of if not the very best Exhaust can/midpipe kits i have ever gotten. Sound is amazing and DB killer is easily removed. 

CA8161DE-EB5D-4DCA-9536-620F6627C1AE.thu

E15F6D26-FBCB-40A5-AE6A-4829BEF6C33F.thu

4FD47082-9900-43BE-8A1F-5DD6450BF232.thu

4623DCA8-9AEF-4924-B69E-D67724B27F1B.thu

I forgot to install the heat shield, oops. 

• Like 1

Video for those that asked to see what I did for my high exhaust mod.

Any questions fire away. 

• Like 7

• 1 month later...

Hi all!

Still waiting for my bike, should arrive late june. Does someone here have only slipon with original eu5 headers? Im wondering what a difference it would make in sound. 

Atm i can't flash/retune my bike. These eu5 bikes must run pretty lean from factory so full system without remap would be harmful for the bike?

Cheers.

I went with the Lv One Black edition SS full system. Although I'm (always) very happy with the Leo Vince, I obviously had/have concerns about the location. Short of hacking off the ex hanger from the sub frame, I chose one of the best exhausts I know - albeit still in a vulnerable location.

Interesting setup Jeff936 has come up with down under. Will probably wait until this bike has more seasoning on it before I start going down that road. 😜

20210320_201240.jpg

Edited by JohnnieBoy
  • Like 5

On 3/8/2021 at 3:52 AM, jeff936 said:

Video for those that asked to see what I did for my high exhaust mod.

Any questions fire away. 

That's pretty ingenious at that last bit. Never thought to order an old header from an mt07!

• Like 1

Hi Loneranger 700

MT07 will fit, the only thing I had problems with was my AXP  bash plate. 

Not sure how they go with others 

The T7 headers follow the engine a little closer, were as the MT07 come out straight down

and then run beside the sump.

Still doable with a little modification.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ichnusa said:

Wings without logo and Yamaha T7 heat shield:

wings_haltegriffe_t7_eejwb.jpg

Is that with eu5 headers? If so, can you do sound video of it please.

1 minute ago, Losz said:

Is that with eu5 headers? If so, can you do sound video of it please.

Euro 4. Sound is close to OEM.

color sample. Exan X-Rally and black Tenere

I needed a diamond file to install it, but my favorite design. Classical end shape and laser engraving.

xrally (4).jpg

xrally (2).jpg

xrally (3).jpg

xrally (1).jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

@yyyy What did you have to file to make the Exan fit?   How is the sound character?  The audio sample Exan posted on YouTube doesn’t sound great to me, too high-pitched.  I’m hoping for a deeper sound.   But the recording environment and equipment can make a big difference I think.  

I agree it’s a great-looking exhaust so I’m curious.  

Hi Toei

I had to file a hard bracket hole for about an hour.

And YouTube is accurate. It's high-pitched. In fact, I felt showroom's Akrapovic more beautiful.
The advantages are shape, weight (-2.4kg) and cost.

• Like 1

Behold everyone!

20210129_152713-scaled.jpg

I just came across this new Italian vendor from a thread on a Tenere group on Facebook. 

Forewarning, I have no idea about this company or their capabilities of shipping internationally, or even if it's possible to do this with passenger pegs, but it's a new exhaust design and they are apparently selling it, so I figured you guys can check it out. 

https://www.ffbyfresco.com/prodotto/tenere-700

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just posted a Wings Exhaust in the parts for sale section if anyone’s looking.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2021 at 9:10 AM, Zbob said:

Just posted a Wings Exhaust in the parts for sale section if anyone’s looking.

dint see it  in the classifieds. still available?

54 minutes ago, jontoptek said:

dint see it  in the classifieds. still available?

Nope, it sold quick.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/10/2020 at 3:58 AM, DORTx2 said:

IMG_20200807_1622340.jpg

Hi, sorry for bringing this post from the dead, but would  it be possible to provide a photo from the rear of the bike that clearly shows how much clearance there is between the exhaust and the swingarm? Also did you manage to drop it from that side, any issues with clearance of the exhaust? Does it come with a removable baffle? I also like the old school look a lot...

On 6/15/2021 at 6:28 AM, Stefos said:

Hi, sorry for bringing this post from the dead, but would  it be possible to provide a photo from the rear of the bike that clearly shows how much clearance there is between the exhaust and the swingarm? Also did you manage to drop it from that side, any issues with clearance of the exhaust? Does it come with a removable baffle? I also like the old school look a lot...

Hey, yeah. I can get some pics for you later today. I have dropped it but I dont think the exhaust was affected at all because it has the same amount of clearence. It did not come with a baffle. It sounds awesome though.

• Like 1