Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

What have you done for your T7 today?

Noel McCutcheon

2 minutes ago, Tenerider said:

Love the AT, very good looking bike - great colour choice! Congratulations!

thank you! Loving it so far, electronic suspension and the ipad in the dash is awesome. I actually can't believe I'm going to admit this but I love that dct tranny, it's fantastic! If there was an option at the cycle shop to get the manual at the time I would have purchased that but I'm glad they didn't as I would have never tried this transmission out.

• Like 3

Picked up a (medium size) 'handle bar' version (the PLASTIC ball mount alternative was $57 bucks!) of the Ridermount Sunshade to protect the Zumo XT from the elements as the ZUMO was pricy and I don't trust rain with electronics. With the handlebar version, you can remove the plastic mount from the case and use the Rallyraid billet mount (holes line up (may need longer screws)), I also added (2) pieces of modded cutting board used as spacers to push the zumo mount/powermount out closer to the clear plastic. Appears to work well typing on the plastic.

case.png

Edited by ADVUSA
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ADVUSA said:

Picked up a (medium size) 'handle bar' version (the PLASTIC ball mount alternative was $57 bucks!) of the Ridermount Sunshade to protect the Zumo XT from the elements as the ZUMO was pricy and I don't trust rain with electronics. With the handlebar version, you can remove the plastic mount from the case and use the Rallyraid billet mount (holes line up (may need longer screws)), I also added (2) pieces of modded cutting board used as spacers to push the zumo mount/powermount out closer to the clear plastic. Appears to work well typing on the plastic.

case.png

Hmm. Never hurts to have suspenders in case your belt breaks but the Zumo xt is waterproof. Not just water resistant. IPX7: Can be submerged up to 1 meter in water for 30 minutes. I know I am a test group of just one but my zumo xt has been in hours of serious downpour. So your investment will be  very safe with a cover. 

5 minutes ago, NeilW said:

Hmm. Never hurts to have suspenders in case your belt breaks but the Zumo xt is waterproof. Not just water resistant. IPX7: Can be submerged up to 1 meter in water for 30 minutes. I know I am a test group of just one but my zumo xt has been in hours of serious downpour. So your investment will be  very safe with a cover. 

My perspective would be different if the ZUMO XT price was $130.oo  😊

Just now, ADVUSA said:

My perspective would be different if the ZUMO XT price was $130.oo  😊

I hear you. I put a baggie over my iPhone 12 when it rains but I leave my zumo xt in the open. I have a Montana 700i also and I leave it exposed to the elements also. 

33 minutes ago, NeilW said:

I hear you. I put a baggie over my iPhone 12 when it rains but I leave my zumo xt in the open. I have a Montana 700i also and I leave it exposed to the elements also. 

The world has a direct line to your wallet,  you need to put several interrupts on that!  🤠

15 hours ago, skoalBANDIT said:

Hi All,

Thought you might like to see my farkle list (for now) all ordered and waiting for the postie 😀

OH! I'm waiting for the bike too .... 😛

Far too much research - OCD doesn't help 🤪

1. Pipe - Hpcorse 

2. Decals - Decalmoto

3. Tail tidy - Twalcom

4. Indicators - ebay

5. Rad guard - ebay

6. Water pump cover - Aliexpress

7. Engine covers - Aliexpress

8. Dash - Twalcom

9. Rear pillion seat rack - Aliexpress

10. Finger clutch - Aliexpress

11. Fork leg protectors - CamelADV

12. Rear rack - CamelADV

13. Engine bars - Adventure Spec

14. Bash plate - Adventure Spec

15. Rear racks - Adventure Spec

16. Hand guard bars - Hepco and Becker

17. Indicator adaptors - Aliexpress

18. Headlight protector - Aliexpress

19. Frame protectors - Aliexpress

20. ABS guard - Aliexpress

21. Screen adjuster - Aliexpress

22. Throttle guards - Aliexpress

23. Chain guide - Aliexpress

24. RAM wireless phone mount - J.A

25. Chain guard - Aliexpress

26. Rear brake masrer cylinder guard - Aliexpress

Phew!

For any critical stuff you should get better manufacturers, Aliexpress is junk most of the time. 

If you want crash bars or racks you should get steel, at least they don't bend as much after a fall, the aluminium ones are not that solid especially with vibrations. You might save weight, but it's negligible in the long run.

You should get more from CamelADV since I found their quality to be top notch and you might save on shipping ... 1 finger clutch, anti-bubble-head, tail tidy, High fender kit, etc. 

I am not sure you need to change the dash mounting tower. I have the Zumo XT in landscape and it's better than portrait especially when the street name is long. My friend uses the XT in portrait mode and I think that Garmin really aims at landscape for menus, and use. I have it setup above the dash and integration is superb. I am using Moto Pumps bracket.

Have fun with all these "improvements" ... I know I did and still do my fair share of overthinking.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ADVUSA said:

The world has a direct line to your wallet,  you need to put several interrupts on that!  🤠

I have this thing called a “wife fuse”- it seems to sense  the line and interrupt……..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Fair points MGG and all noted.

As l said, far too much time researching especially on this great forum and at some point we all bite the bullet and make a call. 

My reasoning for including the list was to hopefully add to the general interest and help out if l could.

Aliexpress has offered some good quality items and at the price is a safe gamble, and yes suitability for purpose.

The tower option came from seeing one in the flesh, very nice. I had intended on bobble-heads but the tower provided this and an option for a phone mount.

I also saw the CamelADV bash plate, very impressive but l'd already ordered the AS. 

Aluminium/steel crash bars, 50/50 opinions. I've used steel previously, they flexed and damaged a panel. Some say they should flex, some say they shouldn't? 

I'll put together a build project when l eventually start and hopefully return the favour to all those that take their time to provide their valuable information and experiences on this go-to forum....

Cheers and safe riding !

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ray Ride4life said:

I don't care about scratches, if i did i could not ride the bike like i do and miss out a lot of fun.

Oh I completely agree on this bike. But a shiny clean street bike is a whole other story. 

Finally, I installed @Camel ADV Heavy Duty Side Stand Return Spring.

As others said before: What a difference it makes! The OEM spring is a joke (a bad one).

Edited by Tenerider
  • Like 2

• Supporting Vendor
3 hours ago, Tenerider said:

Finally, I installed @Camel ADV Heavy Duty Side Stand Return Spring.

As others said before: What a difference it makes! The OEM spring is a joke (a bad one).

I'm glad you're happy with it!

• Like 3

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

4 minutes ago, Black Dog Moto said:

Raptor titanium foot pegs

thumbnail_67261309489__3CF0FEC2-BADC-44EC-92FA-843C79D0DE91.jpg

They are aggressive looking. I just looked up the price. What is it about them that motivated you to choose these replacement pegs over other potential ways to spend your money on your Tenere 700?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Black Dog Moto said:

Dumb dumb is back! Just installed a set of raptor titanium foot pegs. 

Here’s how:

1. be cool like me and make titanium seat brackets 

2. find some schmuck selling used raptor pegs who has a bike that needs titanium seat brackets

3. commence commerce 

4. install awesome foot pegs on your bike

5. arm yourself because busty naked women will now throw themselves at you with lust

Nearly 1/2 pound savings. 

Subscribe to my subpar youtoob thingy for crappy videos of me crashing and other horrible things. 

2 minutes ago, NeilW said:

They are aggressive looking. I just looked up the price. What is it about them that motivated you to choose these replacement pegs over other potential ways to spend your money on your Tenere 700?

See above.

• Like 2

Instagram @black_dog_moto

YouTube @ Black Dog Moto

1 hour ago, Black Dog Moto said:

See above.

Got it. I add more weight to my bike just by eating a Burrito, and a liter of gas, and a monster skid plate, and  a center stand, and and and about 29 other components. I guess I look at "weight" like it helps with static sag 🙂

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NeilW said:

Got it. I add more weight to my bike just by eating a Burrito, and a liter of gas, and a monster skid plate, and  a center stand, and and and about 29 other components. I guess I look at "weight" like it helps with static sag 🙂

Think of it like a hot, overweight woman. You can have a lot of fun riding it as-is, but imagine how much more fun it would be if she could drop some weight!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Instagram @black_dog_moto

YouTube @ Black Dog Moto

I'll pass...

Looking for a Trials bike now!!

image.jpeg.952610a02a606ebf54d0c80f4e57d8a2.jpeg

• Haha 1

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

18 minutes ago, NeilW said:

I'm not a burrito guy, give me a real Italian pizza or Pasta (al ragu or carbonara) but i try to compensate for the items i put on for protection.
Some items i change for improvement and can be lighter within reason (not hundreds of Euro's for just a few grams) i will do, like the exhaust.
I went for the MIVV Dakar that's still on it's way but i bought that for the high mount but if gives me a little more power and i loose 2,7kg.
I also changed the Motea crashbar for the Heavy Duty Enduro. Better looking, lower and less weight.

• Like 4

Saving weight where you can allows you to add protection where needed and eat more burritos without a net gain.

The argument that it’s pointless because you can just take a dump before going riding instead doesn’t work because you don’t have to choose one or the other. Doing both will yield the best results. Lighter bike = more fun no matter how you slice it regardless of the rider’s weight.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 4/19/2022 at 9:54 PM, Wintersdark said:

I've literally never been so comfortable on a motorcycle.  30 years of riding bikes with ergos designed for short people.  Good lord, it's amazing.

How nice to hear! 👍

• Like 1

On 4/19/2022 at 9:54 PM, Wintersdark said:

Finally - Revit Sand 4 gear, Forma Adventure boots.  Even riding through 2" deep puddles, I'm totally dry.  Awesome.

This too! 🙂

• Like 3

My new Woody's Off-road wheels and my Mosko Moto 80 saddlebags/tank bag came in!!😁

Just waiting for my rear sprocket and my ABS rings from the laser shop, and I can mount up the wheels.

Dunlop 606 on the front and a 908RR on the rear. Should more than keep up with my buddy's on their 690's!!

It's a good day!

PXL_20220429_025741689 Resize.jpg

• Like 5

I think I have Yamaha disease...

Not directly for the T7, but just bought and installed a Cardo Freecom 4x. Sounds good (albeit not great, compared to my Galaxy Buds2). But I won't drop it every time I take off my helmet (like those wireless buds) 😀

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tenerider said:

Not directly for the T7, but just bought and installed a Cardo Freecom 4x. Sounds good (albeit not great, compared to my Galaxy Buds2). But I won't drop it every time I take off my helmet (like those wireless buds) 😀

Good choice. I prefer sena for ease of use and compatibility with non “same brands”. I hope your riding friends all have Cardo’s. I have both. In fact I have both a cardo and a sena on the same helmet. I have been riding with one sena guy and one cardo guy. I am the monkey in the middle.   It will serve you well. 

• Like 2