Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Tenere 700 Luggage options

Rich TT

• Moderators

@Husafreak Glad I didn't steer you wrong as I couldn't use any handholds along the sides of the seat,  but probably can on the rear rack.  Looking forward to seeing your bags and the finished product!

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

Does anyone confirm compatibility between Perun Moto top luggage rack and Yamaha's mono seat rack?

Are they compatible?

I have asked Nikola from Perun Moto but he is not sure.

perun moto top luggage rack.PNG

DSCF3381.JPG.1713a7996648a57a346160c284d5c5e5.JPG

Edited by disco2000

On 12/6/2022 at 3:47 AM, Husafreak said:

@AZJW

Thanks for the links. I got my Rally Raid racks today, pretty sweet. I see what you mean about using the rear rack to lift the bike. It's too  close to the frame to hold it like a grab bar but there's enough stout metal to get a hold of now that it will help if/when I have to lift the bike. I used your Amazon links to get the hardware too, I like that the hardware will look good and work with the RR stuff as designed. Super!

I have an old strap from a backpack placed between the altrider luggage plate and AS siderack. Strong enough to pull my bike on the centerstand or move it around. And it weights only 3.12 grams ...

IMG_20221207_114526917_HDR.jpg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, disco2000 said:

Does anyone confirm compatibility between Perun Moto top luggage rack and Yamaha's mono seat rack?

Are they compatible?

I have asked Nikola from Perun Moto but he is not sure.

perun moto top luggage rack.PNG

DSCF3381.JPG.1713a7996648a57a346160c284d5c5e5.JPG

looking at the pics I’d say no but that’s just from the pictures

1 minute ago, Husafreak said:

@BikeBrotherWhat is the plastic tube you have on the left side? I’ve seen them in other pics. Storage I guess, pretty nifty.

They call them tooltubes. I put my msr fuelbottle in there for my msr stove. Others put tools in. I just fixed it with tyraps.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Mine is a mortar launcher for tailgaters! 😉

20210530_102831.jpg.17570fec878b3d7f2cec99261c79579c.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

3 hours ago, Husafreak said:

@BikeBrotherWhat is the plastic tube you have on the left side? I’ve seen them in other pics. Storage I guess, pretty nifty.

Here's where I've bought many of my tool tubes over the years for $10 each, but some motorcycle parts suppliers gladly charge you triple that price for the exact same item:

https://www.agrisupply.com/manual-canister-lrg-new-style/p/109316/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=free&utm_campaign=freeshop&eid=gl020116&sid=google&gclid=CjwKCAiAs8acBhA1EiwAgRFdw8pwTyEuHGaJQ_n5pYJxzSCJ2hvICdQXV-V486PHW8jyHXlghEhtiBoCLQIQAvD_BwE

Edited by jdub53
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Third time's the charm?  Or strike 3 and I'm out?  (weight and placement is an issue!)

I've recently finalized my 3rd attempt at my "week long camping" set-up.  This is not what I use for my day trip set up at all.

I'm learning here.  And maybe a little picky.  With that said, my 1.0 version I was using 15L Tusk soft bags  (with negligible carrying capacity accessory bags attached wich was actually version 1.5), my main dry bag on the pass seat, SW Motech (very heavy steel) rear rack carrying a 1.75 water Rotopax, and a SW 18L dry bag.  After use what I discovered I didn't like about this was, simply put, not enough storage.  That and it had too much weight up high and cantilevered beyond the rear axle of the bike.

Version 2.0 I added capacity by changing the 15L soft bags to 25L SW Motech hard-ish  (ABS) cases (ignoring the weight issue at this point) partly inspired by my riding partner in how quickly he could get in and out of his all-hard cases. After use, I still had the issue of too much weight up high and cantilevered behind the rear axle of the bike.  On one of our more technical off road camp trips this proved to be VERY noticable and really getting to be a handful.

Version 3.0- Long story shorter, I decided I don't care how quickly I can get into my side cases and I'd rather drop my weight lower and not risk breaking open a hard side case off road in a drop.  Funny thing, while I was mounting this 3.0 version I was watching a youtube video of a bunch of "experts" on a week and a half long trip and ALL with hard cases.  Before the video was done and before I was done, one of them had dropped their bike and broken the latches on said hard case and they could not keep the case closed anymore... It felt like affirmation of what I was doing right then and there in my garage.  In this version I picked up a set of Tusk Pilot panniers (35L), I already have SW Motech Pro side racks (from version 2.0).  This allowed me to mount the 1.75 tank much lower and forward on the SW Pro carrier, (ditching the heavy rear rack) put both Pilot panniers on the side racks keeping much of my weight lower and nothing hanging past the rear seat of the bike.  I have not tried this out in the real world yet, but I did a full pack mock-up in the garage and had to move the bike around a bunch and I could tell the difference just by doing that.  2.0 version the bike wanted to pretty much fall over while just getting it off the side stand. 3.0 the bike seemed much more steady while moving about in my garage. 

Please ignore the drawn arrows and circles, that was done for someone else's benefit.

Version 1

597510040_2022-12-1122_04.46-1.jpg.ba6115005b110f0e5d0c2c0e5e977c47.jpg

Version 2

1122304616_2022-12-1122_02.54-1.jpg.094455829ce096e37c205e5dfa9a8ea7.jpg

Version 3

934096452_2022-12-1120_40_24.jpg.98d74288bec48d20879394277bfba8cb.jpg

2022-12-11 20.42.00.jpg

(I realize I'm taking too much shet, but this is my shet and the shet I want to take)

Edited by DT675
  • Like 1

@DT675 I have the monster, soft, low riding 90L round the world Giant Loop panniers. You can even carry other people’s crap in them and probably never fill them up. 
I found that using individual, specific purpose bags inside these giant panniers helps with locating stuff. Like all bike cleaning supplies in one sub - bag. All underwear, tooth brushing and washing in another sub bag. Pack by category. I did a review of them early on. On most trips I actually use the oem hare case in the right side and the Giant Loop on the left. 

https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2021/10/22/giant-loop-round-the-world-panniers-review-tenere-700-project-bike/2721872E-EA56-451C-93F4-554432DD4A2D.jpeg.e640358ed46992a22c4c2dd68e55c47e.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
On 12/24/2019 at 8:33 PM, Mad said:

I went the hard way and designed and have cnc milled 2 bars out of aluminum 

I tested the fitting with a lot of 3D printed prototypes , I couldn’t be happier ,the all set is less than a kg ..

I’m waiting for a set of nice screws And for the top case ( the screws and the plate are just for testing ) 

sorry for the messy garage, to many project all at once 

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png
spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

What a beautiful design!  Makes me wish I'd done something different with my life.....

I love the extended bolts - I presume you did that so that you could use those spaces for hooking a strap?  

So well done!!   I'd buy this over everything else!

On 10/15/2023 at 3:30 AM, Jayzonk said:

What a beautiful design!  Makes me wish I'd done something different with my life.....

I love the extended bolts - I presume you did that so that you could use those spaces for hooking a strap?  

So well done!!   I'd buy this over everything else!

Thanks! I started 3d printing and cad designing just because I love motorcycles and working on them , it's never too late 😉

If you want I still have the files , I believe that shipped is somewhere around 600$ but I really don't know, nowadays I'm working on 595 Abarth's pieces as I'm currently racing with it 😂

Edited by Mad

Looking for recommendations for a rackless system preferably Kriega or Mosko Moto that will still work with a rear rack installed and a Rotopax sitting on top of the rack. Thanks. 

@Jayjay if you decide on a Kriega system, I have a T700 OS-Base that I am not using and would be willing to part with. 

27 minutes ago, Hollybrook said:

@Jayjay if you decide on a Kriega system, I have a T700 OS-Base that I am not using and would be willing to part with. 

OK nice and I will keep it in mind . 

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Jayjay said:

Looking for recommendations for a rackless system preferably Kriega or Mosko Moto that will still work with a rear rack installed and a Rotopax sitting on top of the rack. Thanks. 

I use the Mosko R80 with RallyRaid side and tail rack, no issues. As far as putting a Rotopax on the rack, I did that with a different rack on my Beta dual sport with the Mosko R40 successfully.  It did put the COG up high enough to become an issue with handling, i.e. light front end, but probably won't be as noticeable on the T7, depending of course how heavily loaded down you are.

20230622_132012.jpg.3ad503c8b1215fa6d58d42eed5ff8548.jpg

20230707_061852.jpg.0902eb0213569ecf87fcd21b6d1a1417.jpg

20231016_174559.jpg.2c929a10fcfdb5f499bef90d61310dcb.jpg

20190718_214914.jpg.c44ce1ade0bbb69e0f19f150f1d4d9ee.jpg

• Like 2

Has anyone tried the Nelson Rigg Hurricane Dual Sport system? It's very similar to the Enduristan Blizzard Large from the looks of it. I'm consider that, or the Enduristan, or just sticking with my Giant Loop Coyote. My thinking is with the other two systems I can get more room with a duffle top bag if needed. I've paired down my gear though, nicer Revit gear so no more frogg toggs for water proofing, and I bought a smaller Big Agnes Copper Spur tent to save space.

• Moderators
57 minutes ago, RiderEh said:

Has anyone tried the Nelson Rigg Hurricane Dual Sport system? It's very similar to the Enduristan Blizzard Large from the looks of it. I'm consider that, or the Enduristan, or just sticking with my Giant Loop Coyote. My thinking is with the other two systems I can get more room with a duffle top bag if needed. I've paired down my gear though, nicer Revit gear so no more frogg toggs for water proofing, and I bought a smaller Big Agnes Copper Spur tent to save space.

Check the previous page 29, 5th post from the top for pics of the Hurricanes.

On 1/9/2023 at 3:52 PM, Bergtinn said:

Anyone using side racks or top rack from Panonian ?

https://panonian.com/store/category/yamaha-tenere-700/

I have their small luggage plate on my bike and simple clean solution. Only downside is loose access to the lifting points.

I am looking at their rear luggage bars that follow side panels

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, Jayjay said:

I use my Cheap SW MotoTec MT-09 saddle bags with Adventure Spec rack

IMG_7008.jpeg.7f3bae0f19fd7f4765bbdd21604fc200.jpeg

IMG_6965.jpeg.06c7fc4c4214da9622a5256189d18666.jpeg