Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Tenere 700 Luggage options

Rich TT

@NeilW I used hose clamps with high temperature silicone tubing and  like the supermoto guys do on their mufflers. Approximately 400 miles no problems. The bags are the expandable 36 liter one. Love them so far. Great product.

Edited by Dirtbandit
Added info
  • Like 1

On 9/16/2022 at 10:38 PM, disco2000 said:

- Tail tidy Off-The-Road
- Perun Moto top luggage rack

- Outback Motortek pannier racks for high exhaust (HP Corse sp1)
- Mosko Moto backcountry 35lt + 25lt

IMG_0693.JPEG

IMG_0695.JPEG

IMG_0697.JPEG

IMG_0698.JPEG

IMG_0685.JPEG

IMG_0686.JPEG

IMG_0687.JPEG

IMG_0690.JPEG

That’s the setup I‘d like to have installed as well. 
Does the Perun Moto luggage rack works with the OM High exhaust Pannier rack without problems, or did you have to use some spacers?

5 hours ago, venok said:

That’s the setup I‘d like to have installed as well. 
Does the Perun Moto luggage rack works with the OM High exhaust Pannier rack without problems, or did you have to use some spacers?

To be honest I sold this setup. I just uploaded the photos to be documented in case someone is interested.

All great quality items, but my problem was the width. I am more used to soft luggage without pannier frame.

But to answer your question, I had to use 1 M8 washer on each contact point. So, 4 x M8 washers in total.

The reason and description is well described and documented by Perun Moto here:

Perun moto Yamaha Tenere 700 Top luggage rack fits with Outback Motortek pannier rack. Just four M8 large washers are needed for a perfect fit.

What is your favorite support for soft luggage? I got the Tusk bags but need a whale tail type product to do three things, hold the bags away from the frame slightly, provide a mount for a Rotopack, give me something to grab onto when I have to pick it up.

I am familiar with the Adventure Spec and Rally Raid products.

53 minutes ago, Husafreak said:

What is your favorite support for soft luggage? I got the Tusk bags but need a whale tail type product to do three things, hold the bags away from the frame slightly, provide a mount for a Rotopack, give me something to grab onto when I have to pick it up.

I am familiar with the Adventure Spec and Rally Raid products.

I have the OEM luggage racks- they have taken a beating and haven't bent at all. 

• Like 1

Hey Riders,

I am after a tail bag.

Main features I  am looking for are

• Easy tying - No extra straps.
  • Easy access to essential things during the day (without taking the bag off or need to untie, etc.)
  • Water proof
  • Durable - Don't want to be disappointed after a few months and a lot of $$$

I want to fill it with

• Tools
  • 2XTubes
  • 2XWater bottles
  • Coffee stove + pot + coffee + cake
  • Spares - break lever, clutch lever, etc.
  • First aid kit

Quick access should be to water bottles and coffee machine, small tools like multi tool or air pressure gauge, etc. So tubes and other flat tyre stuff can be accessed after bag was untied from the bike (no rush with a puncture)

I checked online and got to these 2 finals. Happy to hear what you have to say about these options or other options you might know of.

• US-40rackpack-main.jpg

The latest addition to the Kriega universal-fit US-Drypack range, the US-40 is a double-entry, flexible storage version with all the same highly durable features plus much more
  • Backcountry40LDuffle2.0_Front_WebRes_240

This moto-duffle does it all: it's a duffle, a backpack, and a quick-stash spot during the day. It's a way to keep your wet jacket separate from your dry sleeping bag. It serves as a clean food prep surface next to the campfire and a...

Cheers!

• Like 1

I'd go for the Mosko, i love their stuff and have a lot for multiple bikes and setups.
Crashtested all and not a mark on it.

• Like 1

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Shneor said:

Hey Riders,

I am after a tail bag.

Main features I  am looking for are

• Easy tying - No extra straps.
  • Easy access to essential things during the day (without taking the bag off or need to untie, etc.)
  • Water proof
  • Durable - Don't want to be disappointed after a few months and a lot of $$$

I want to fill it with

• Tools
  • 2XTubes
  • 2XWater bottles
  • Coffee stove + pot + coffee + cake
  • Spares - break lever, clutch lever, etc.
  • First aid kit

Quick access should be to water bottles and coffee machine, small tools like multi tool or air pressure gauge, etc. So tubes and other flat tyre stuff can be accessed after bag was untied from the bike (no rush with a puncture)

I checked online and got to these 2 finals. Happy to hear what you have to say about these options or other options you might know of.

• US-40rackpack-main.jpg

The latest addition to the Kriega universal-fit US-Drypack range, the US-40 is a double-entry, flexible storage version with all the same highly durable features plus much more
  • Backcountry40LDuffle2.0_Front_WebRes_240

This moto-duffle does it all: it's a duffle, a backpack, and a quick-stash spot during the day. It's a way to keep your wet jacket separate from your dry sleeping bag. It serves as a clean food prep surface next to the campfire and a...

Cheers!

You can't go wrong with either. I use them both, but my Mosko stuff is only 4 years old vs my Kreiga US-10 that is 8 years old. The Kreiga has had a hard life spending all it's time strapped to the rear fender of my dirtbike and has been on some gnarly trails spending almost all it's miles in the dirt & rocks.  Stout stuff, as I said either will last you years, but my vote at this time would be for the Kreiga. 20220913_094036.jpg.abc8e8c484f7874b8ff9f418df2e44ac.jpg

• Like 2

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

• Moderators

What are you guys using for a hard side top case that actually will close with an XL size ADV helmet inside?   Most ads show a full face street helmet without the visor ( peak) that the ADV style helmets have. Thanks for any feedback. 

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

I have the Kriega US-40 and it is very well made.  One nice thing about it is that you can make it more compact and reconfigure as a 28L bag.  It is also set up for opening at both ends which makes it easier to find something inside and the drybag is Velcro attached inside the outside shell.

The Mosko has more pockets, which might be important to you.  I get around this with the Kriega by using lightweight stuff bags to organize my stuff.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ray Ride4life said:

I'd go for the Mosko, i love their stuff and have a lot for multiple bikes and setups.
Crashtested all and not a mark on it.

We can always depend on @Ray Ride4lifeto go the extra mile for product reviews 🙂

• Haha 1

On 10/5/2022 at 5:49 PM, BikeBrother said:

You take coffee and cake? Where do you ride? I come along with you...😄

Won't leave home without it.

But I must say the truth, sometimes it is just cookies 😅

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Question on 3M vinyl wrap to protect plastics and graphics.

I read all of the first 18 pages, and scanned most of the remaining.  Don’t see much on this topic, so starting anew:  I have GL Coyote and Tillamook, which I ran on my XR650R,  and am happy with them.  I just got back from a four/day trip around the Smokey Mountain 500 (US southeast). I buggered up the beautiful red and white rear plastics pretty good.  I plan to have them repaired, and I will either have them covered with 3M vinyl wrap, or bite the bullet and get AdventureSpec top rack and side racks.

Please tell me your experience with 3M wrap or equivalent.  BTW, I’ve only hat the T7 a month.

35 minutes ago, Don Bryant said:

I read all of the first 18 pages, and scanned most of the remaining.  Don’t see much on this topic, so starting anew:  I have GL Coyote and Tillamook, which I ran on my XR650R,  and am happy with them.  I just got back from a four/day trip around the Smokey Mountain 500 (US southeast). I buggered up the beautiful red and white rear plastics pretty good.  I plan to have them repaired, and I will either have them covered with 3M vinyl wrap, or bite the bullet and get AdventureSpec top rack and side racks.

Please tell me your experience with 3M wrap or equivalent.  BTW, I’ve only hat the T7 a month.

Honest question, do you expect to never drop your T7 again?

On 3/6/2022 at 10:44 PM, winddown said:

Ordered and paid for, thanks.

I do not know if these are the same brand, but they look identical to those issued by a US military command for shooting.  I use them with an MX helmet.  They do a great job blocking wind and road noise, but allow me to hear my Cardo, engines, and horns.

5 minutes ago, NeilW said:

Honest question, do you expect to never drop your T7 again?

No, I do not expect to never drop it.  I ride hard (in relation to my age and ability), and will definitely drop it.  I hope to be riding more dirt than asphalt.  I would think that the luggage would protect the plastics in a lower speed drop on the trails.

On 3/5/2022 at 8:57 AM, Dougie said:

He’s the photos @FredBasset  os 18s. Ideally I’d normally like a 30 lite bag each side but they’ll be fine with the rest of the roll bags etc. It doesn’t touch the exhaust, I’ve not packed these bags properly, just padded them out for trial. 5411FEC5-BD81-4E00-8DE4-9C42C87186C6.thumb.jpeg.ab721627abc30ed42799438bc47786a6.jpeg

76F854D9-2BF2-48FA-9934-D3CB4EF1C452.jpeg

5FE45429-4F1A-4D4D-B706-E23BB15322E5.jpeg

BB528357-54E1-46D4-AFB1-140D183310B2.jpeg

Is that the Yamaha Rally seat?

1 minute ago, Don Bryant said:

No, I do not expect to never drop it.  I ride hard (in relation to my age and ability), and will definitely drop it.  I hope to be riding more dirt than asphalt.  I would think that the luggage would protect the plastics in a lower speed drop on the trails.

I have the OEM pannier racks and the SW motech crash bars. I ride with and without my Giant Loop panniers ( soft) and my OEM aluminum paniers ( hard) . I have dropped my bike- tip over 11x, and one crash at 25 mph- on gravel and haven't yet put a scratch on the plastics. Certainly scratched myself, but not the bike. All that metal protection really keeps the bike looking like I never drop it. I use the softbag on the left side so I can get my leg over it on the trail and the hard bag on the right to have a locked storage.7A69DC9B-2D6A-4854-9E97-34CAAF3657CE.jpeg.034bdb2534acd5ed029f8c296c2882fb.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Don Bryant said:

Is that the Yamaha Rally seat?

Yup. The original +40 one. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Don Bryant said:

I covered my entire tail section with clear vinyl.

I used a Giant loop Mojave for a year and never had an issue with it rubbing through causing damage to the stock paint.

This year I have the Givi Canyon soft luggage base with 10 or 20 litre bags on all the time and still have not worn through the original layer I applied.

Most likely this winter I will add another layer on top for more protection.

It takes a bit to get it installed, but I would suggest a couple of layers if you use the thin stuff.  

Factory Effex sells really thick clear sheets for MX bikes.  They give much better protection, but can be harder to install.

5 hours ago, williestreet said:

I covered my entire tail section with clear vinyl.

I used a Giant loop Mojave for a year and never had an issue with it rubbing through causing damage to the stock paint.

This year I have the Givi Canyon soft luggage base with 10 or 20 litre bags on all the time and still have not worn through the original layer I applied.

Most likely this winter I will add another layer on top for more protection.

It takes a bit to get it installed, but I would suggest a couple of layers if you use the thin stuff.  

Factory Effex sells really thick clear sheets for MX bikes.  They give much better protection, but can be harder to install.

Thanks so much.  I have a good body guy who is going to fix my paint.  His shop also does vinyl wraps.  I’ll get them to do it.

• 4 weeks later...

Will Mosko Moto Reckless 80 fit with the OEM rear carrier and top case? If so, anyone got a picture of the setup?

20220831_103654.jpg

I finally ordered the AdventureSpec rack and side panels after much research. To go with Tusk soft bag setup and Camel ADV rally pipe. That was a few months ago and now I'm getting a refund, bummer. They still have stock in all the primary colors they do but black is sold out and won't be made again until next year. Since 2022 T7's here in the states all had black frames and rear ends I guess they got caught out with stock no one wants. Back to the search but that really was a perfect setup for holding soft bags close to but no against the bike IMHO.

Hey all, World Raid owner hre got it last week and been in a luggage option nightmare!

I have 2 x Kriega OS 18 bags without base. id like to mount them on a side rack only (without top/rear rack) to retain pillion space, and to stick a drybag across seat over the kriegas when touring. really love the idea of the T7 specific base, but impractical for my needs.

I am looking at AS side rack (they still cant confirm fitment on WR) and R&G side racks.

Can anybody please tell me whether the OS 18s will fit on above side racks only (without top/rear rack)  and any problems with standard exhaust? RR racks are just too expensive vs the other 2. 

Any info/ pictures appreciated!