Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Tenere 700 Luggage options

Rich TT

A short vid on the new 21 Brothers Pocket bags I mentioned a while ago. Ā 

Gives you a better idea what they are like, rather than just looking at pics.

Ā 

Ā 

6 hours ago, Peter M DK said:

Looks good.Ā 

Ā 

What is the price?Ā 

Only know that he asked 310 for both. He always replied in an hour, so feel free to message him for more info.

Nice solution. Iā€™d want to add straps across the top, joining bags, and helping with weight and security (of movement not theft) not just relying on the Velcro , like most other have. Looks nice quality too. And being able to adjust the angle to suit exhaust clearance would be good. Probably a way with straps.Ā 

On 2/9/2022 at 12:42 PM, YukonPete said:

I've got a pair of those coming in the mail from Twisted Throttle. When I did my research I came up with 4-4.5 lbs for both, but maybe that is wrong. I am going to pair them with the either the Camel-Adv minimalist rear rack or the SW-Motech rear rack. I'd like to go with the Camel-Adv rear rack, but when cruising around town I like to have my old big KLR 650 soft top case tied onto the rack, so the Camel-Adv rack might be too small. For side luggage I have two Kriega OS 18s and on top a Kriega US-30 Drypack. So heaps and heaps of room. For tours I generally also put a very small duffel on my rear rack for carrying my tent (1 lbs) and ground pad, and for stuffing a jacket and rain gear into. Right now I have the oem rear rack on my bike, which is really nice, but it is HEAVY (13 lbs!!).

When my R&G side racks arrive, which should be in a few days, I'll post the weight.

I got my R&G side racks and they are nice! Total weight of both racks and mounting hardware is 3.8 lbs. I got the black anodized and finish is very nice. Looks to be super quality. Now waiting on my Alt-Rider rear rack and should be good to go.

• Like 2

On 3/13/2021 at 11:11 AM, Quolet said:

Here is ā€œmyā€ solution... 30lt each, rackless. EnduristanĀ 
I just removed the rear rack too

B4F1B4AD-0718-4D82-8D76-77749B54C3D2.jpeg

Do you have more pictures of this setup? What model is it?

On 3/13/2021 at 6:11 PM, Quolet said:

Here is ā€œmyā€ solution... 30lt each, rackless. EnduristanĀ 
I just removed the rear rack too

B4F1B4AD-0718-4D82-8D76-77749B54C3D2.jpeg

Is it possible to add a tailbag too?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally happy thanks to @didierand all that posted pics and advice. My OS18s are now securely mounted sideways on the andystrapz soft bag frames. After a few different methods and additional kit, I decided on looping directly to the frame, then used the minicam straps for the extra support and lift to keep it all solid and away from the exhaust. Tried it out on the road today. šŸ‘.Ā 
only took me 12 months.Ā 

F11F22E9-D36C-4B4F-8A00-9D8FC7FF96B5.jpeg

• Like 3

Hereā€™s my OS12ā€™s on R&G side frames and an AS alloy rack. Very secure and neat and lightweight setup. Probably should have got the OS18ā€™s but they wouldā€™ve overhung the lower part of the frames too much.Ā 

Question Dougie, what size kreiga straps are you using over the saddle please ?

D0E78175-81CA-421B-A55B-D62E83906ABD.jpeg

F11FB953-9FDD-492D-95C9-F56D324AAF07.jpeg

Edited by Alf Meister
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Alf Meister said:

Hereā€™s my OS12ā€™s on R&G side frames and an AS alloy rack. Very secure and neat and lightweight setup. Probably should have got the OS18ā€™s but they wouldā€™ve overhung the lower part of the frames too much.Ā 

Question Dougie, what size kreiga straps are you using over the saddle please ?

D0E78175-81CA-421B-A55B-D62E83906ABD.jpeg

F11FB953-9FDD-492D-95C9-F56D324AAF07.jpeg

Iā€™m using the OS minicam straps. They are for attaching jackets and roll mats etc to the bags but fit perfectly. I tried the ā€˜OS strapsā€™ for fitting to the larger OS32?s Ā but they were a nightmare. With this set up, you attach the bags by loops onto the frames, loosely fit the minicam straps to the same mount point, tighten the bags then the strap and it lifts them away from the exhaust and really secures them tightly.Ā 
https://kriega.com/adventure/os-mini-cam-straps

Ā 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Dougie said:

Finally happy thanks to @didierand all that posted pics and advice. My OS18s are now securely mounted sideways on the andystrapz soft bag frames. After a few different methods and additional kit, I decided on looping directly to the frame, then used the minicam straps for the extra support and lift to keep it all solid and away from the exhaust. Tried it out on the road today. šŸ‘.Ā 
only took me 12 months.Ā 

F11F22E9-D36C-4B4F-8A00-9D8FC7FF96B5.jpeg

Ā 

Ā 

Dougie do you have any other photos showing the bike with the OS18ā€™s from the side and the rear please. I like yours and Alfmeisters setup, I have the R & G Ā side supports and the ASpec rear rack, just trying to decide which size OS bags to get (either OS12 or OS18). Cheers.Ā 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FredBasset said:

Ā 

Ā 

Dougie do you have any other photos showing the bike with the OS18ā€™s from the side and the rear please. I like yours and Alfmeisters setup, I have the R & G Ā side supports and the ASpec rear rack, just trying to decide which size OS bags to get (either OS12 or OS18). Cheers.Ā 

Will do @FredBasset, but it wonā€™t be until the weekend. šŸ‘

• Like 4

So I'm getting stuff ready to start going on shorter camping trips in spring and longer roadtrips in summer.

The luggage system and set up I was thinking of so far is the following;

Ā 

The Outback Motortek X-Frame rear panier rack:

Tenere-700-6.thumb.jpg.1f19b1788115bb6c40ec2fc0c4d2a2fa.jpg

Ā 

In combination with soft waterproof 2x30L luggage of Red Mamut:

DSC07941.thumb.jpg.3ed83112919c94e767282e0541aadd35.jpg

Ā 

The two bags connect with 2 broad velcro bands over the saddle, then there's 4 attachment spanners on the bags itself I would attach to the outback pannier rack. Is there something I'm overseeing, or any other reason why you would advice against this set up? I'm not a fan of hard luggage, I want to be more versatile in how I arrange everything and plan to do offroad trails more frequently. Chose yellow because my bike has the blue rally livery and it would suit the blue and already yellow decals.

Edited by Boyca
  • Like 2

On 2/10/2022 at 4:16 PM, SKunn said:

OVLK ride for life from facebook makes those and cheaper than others.

img_2_1643908302126.jpg

img_1_1643908274209.jpg

isn't this a direct copy of the Adventure Spec ones?

39 minutes ago, ScorpionT16 said:

isn't this a direct copy of the Adventure Spec ones?

Only similarity is that they are both sheet aluminium. With OVLK's new footpeg mount you can eliminate footpegs, anyway it's under both bolts. OVLK siderack's rear design is different and also front bend and...well whole design and shape. And AS doesnt even have this kind of top rack. Where did you get this idea?šŸ™„šŸ¤”šŸ˜

Edited by SKunn
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Boyca said:

So I'm getting stuff ready to start going on shorter camping trips in spring and longer roadtrips in summer.

The luggage system and set up I was thinking of so far is the following;

Ā 

The Outback Motortek X-Frame rear panier rack:

Tenere-700-6.thumb.jpg.1f19b1788115bb6c40ec2fc0c4d2a2fa.jpg

Ā 

In combination with soft waterproof 2x30L luggage of Red Mamut:

DSC07941.thumb.jpg.3ed83112919c94e767282e0541aadd35.jpg

Ā 

The two bags connect with 2 broad velcro bands over the saddle, then there's 4 attachment spanners on the bags itself I would attach to the outback pannier rack. Is there something I'm overseeing, or any other reason why you would advice against this set up? I'm not a fan of hard luggage, I want to be more versatile in how I arrange everything and plan to do offroad trails more frequently. Chose yellow because my bike has the blue rally livery and it would suit the blue and already yellow decals.

Should be fine. Iā€™d probably add some cam straps/extra straps over the top just for added support and adjustment to iron out any movement. Looks nice kit. šŸ‘

23 minutes ago, Dougie said:

Should be fine. Iā€™d probably add some cam straps/extra straps over the top just for added support and adjustment to iron out any movement. Looks nice kit. šŸ‘

Ā 

There's going to be a rollbag on top of the straps usually for longer trips but I'll look into getting additional straps!

Yeah I'm super stoked, found this Polish company and they make really durable and very modular, practical luggage.

Here's their website and the red mamut product line if you're interested to check out their other options.

It's also very affordable. Polish companies are pushing out a lot of quality motorcycle products. Even my Heed crashbars are Polish.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, SKunn said:

Only similarity is that they are both sheet aluminium. With OVLK's new footpeg mount you can eliminate footpegs, anyway it's under both bolts. OVLK siderack's rear design is different and also front bend and...well whole design and shape. And AS doesnt even have this kind of top rack. Where did you get this idea?šŸ™„šŸ¤”šŸ˜

With the AS ones you can remove the footpegs also, I have them lol - The rack maybe different, though the side luggage pieces, other than the inner shape cut-outs are the same. As are the R&G ones, like exact copy...

Ā 

AS

spacer.png

Ā 

R&G

Ā 

spacer.png

Ā 

seems like lots are ripping AS design offĀ šŸ˜µ

3 minutes ago, ScorpionT16 said:

With the AS ones you can remove the footpegs also, I have them lol - The rack maybe different, though the side luggage pieces, other than the inner shape cut-outs are the same. As are the R&G ones, like exact copy...

Ā 

AS

spacer.png

Ā 

R&G

Ā 

spacer.png

Ā 

seems like lots are ripping AS design offĀ šŸ˜µ

All 3 are totally different, i have no idea how cant you see it.Ā  If i would try to explain any further my brain would explode, so lets agree they are all the same.(they arent šŸ¤£šŸ™„šŸ˜‚šŸ˜†)

Anyone have an opinion on this Nelson Rigg bag? I'm not needing anything fancy, just a place to store a few things. I have the Camel ADV minimalist rack.

Ā 

nel_20_tra_end_dua_spo_end_tai_bag-19852

*LIFETIME WARRANTY *Industry leading UltraMaxĀ® fabric with maximum UV protection. *Heavy duty webbing and buckles for easy and secure mounting. *Smaller size is perfect for most dual sport and enduro...

Ā 

Instagram @black_dog_moto

YouTube @ Black Dog Moto

1 hour ago, Black Dog Moto said:

Anyone have an opinion on this Nelson Rigg bag? I'm not needing anything fancy, just a place to store a few things. I have the Camel ADV minimalist rack.

Ā 

nel_20_tra_end_dua_spo_end_tai_bag-19852

*LIFETIME WARRANTY *Industry leading UltraMaxĀ® fabric with maximum UV protection. *Heavy duty webbing and buckles for easy and secure mounting. *Smaller size is perfect for most dual sport and enduro...

Ā 

I had a version of that bag, almost 5yrs old and worked great. It does fit perfectly on the T7 rear seat. I had used velcro on the strap loops and just attached them on the rack tabs on the stock T7. Super easy to take on and off.Ā 

Ā 

The ability to extend it for storage is helpful. The main zipper started acting up on mine, however people said Neslon Rigg exchanged their units with a no hassle warranty. Mine worked enough to use it here and there, I gave it away to aĀ  friend.Ā 

Ā 

The lack of waterproofing without an external bag was very annoying, even when I put it on, the wind always took it off. If I had a choice again, I'd get the Enduristan version. Waterproof, and I believe they even have one that can double as a tank bag

Ā 

spacer.png

Edited by ScorpionT16
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, ScorpionT16 said:

I had a version of that bag, almost 5yrs old and worked great. It does fit perfectly on the T7 rear seat. I had used velcro on the strap loops and just attached them on the rack tabs on the stock T7. Super easy to take on and off.Ā 

Ā 

The ability to extend it for storage is helpful. The main zipper started acting up on mine, however people said Neslon Rigg exchanged their units with a no hassle warranty. Mine worked enough to use it here and there, I gave it away to aĀ  friend.Ā 

Ā 

The lack of waterproofing without an external bag was very annoying, even when I put it on, the wind always took it off. If I had a choice again, I'd get the Enduristan version. Waterproof, and I believe they even have one that can double as a tank bag

Ā 

spacer.png

Ā 

I recently bought this and is probably the best piece of luggage I've ever had. This rear seat bag is 8L, so still small enough not to overpower, but big enough too if that makes sense.

Ā 

I already had the tankbag, which is tiny at 3.5L and just replying to pick up on the point of these bags doubling up. The tank bags have fixed straps and is quite a package, whereas the rear bags are much simpler.

Ā 

The reason I opted for the tank bag was it fits 'well back' and with the Acerbis tank, didn't want to cover the fuel cap (and it's a faff anyway), which it does well.

Ā 

Enduristan is genuinely fantastic fully waterproof kit and built like a tank.

Ā 

Ā 

enduristan_luggage_tank-bag_sandstorm-4x_luta-009.jpeg

I'm currently travelling with the setup in the pic: SW-Motech rack and Pro frames plus 37+45L Trax Adv panniers (around 110cm wide in case you're wondering). Love the look, sturdy and plenty of space to the point thatĀ it seems overkill for my needs, considering I'm used to travel light and alone. I even stashed a second helmet in the 45L pannier and managed to tragically overpack anyway! If you're interested in the Trax Adv panniers in Italy (no rack) drop me pm.Ā 

Ā 

(photo: Argentario promontory in Tuscany, Italy)

Ā 

Ā 

IMG_20220222_131549_2.jpg

Edited by reimaru
  • Like 1