Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Tenere 700 Luggage options

Rich TT

4 minutes ago, MATPOC said:

I have the first gen cargo bag, been on 5 bikes and probably 50k miles on it, still in good shape! 

Was thinking about getting Tusk racks and using boxes I already have (Identical to Tusk) but seems racks are back ordered till May, wondering how that Cargobag is gonna work, does it require paint protection film? (rubs?)

I just got it today, from a mock up install, paint protection is needed in a least two spots(possibly more). Front straps will rub, on the lower portion of the rear cowling (near passenger foot pegs). Clear vinyl sheet 8"x 11" is included. Will post more pics in a day or two. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, brasscycleworks said:

I just got it today, from a mock up install, paint protection is needed in a least two spots(possibly more). Front straps will rub, on the lower portion of the rear cowling (near passenger foot pegs). Clear vinyl sheet 8"x 11" is included. Will post more pics in a day or two. 

Clear sheet has been used up 3 bikes ago 🙂

I got a tentbag for mine, very convenient, not waterproof, but perfect for certain things (much bigger then my tent so I store some other items in it )

2013-05-08 13.19.08.jpg

• Like 1

20210307_003518704_iOS.thumb.jpg.243279cee929500a64a688b6517028ee.jpg

It looks pretty bulky, and i wouldn't like to catch much else, this is the packing for a 2 month trip. But surprised how well it handles the mountain twisties loaded up like this, its a dream really.

The rideadv racks are designed to keep the gear close tot he bike and forward without being in the way...its perfect. We keep the top back close and use as a back rest.

I have to mount by standing on the peg, which can get a bit hairy on soft ground.

• Like 1

Has anyone put the Enduristan Blizzard XL bags on the T7? Pics?  The Large bags look big enuf, but they are only 12 Liters which is the same as the Wolfman E12 that I have & I want something bigger.

I have xlBlizzards on mine.

Sorry not the greatest pics but that’s all I have.

they work very well and about an inch above the exhaust.

34724931-6D44-4D7E-8EF3-9C3333164AA2.jpeg

377B49C5-E1DB-4EA7-9786-BEF71A2EE0AF.jpeg

CBD7E58F-2C69-49D2-B3A8-3F2CE61515D1.jpeg

Edited by DWEL700

7 hours ago, papab said:

Has anyone put the Enduristan Blizzard XL bags on the T7? Pics?  The Large bags look big enuf, but they are only 12 Liters which is the same as the Wolfman E12 that I have & I want something bigger.

Haven't made any pictures yet. But My Blizzard XL fit nicely on the T7. No rack, just some cheap clear vinyl sheet to protect the plastics from scratches. I use an additional 6L Lomo bag on the LHS bottom attachments. Will be putting one on the RHS as well as soon as I install a high exhaust.

Only mod I did was install 50mm buckles on the seat straps to make installation and removal a breeze in combination with my bumot top plate and passenger handles.

Destinationworld.be - Journeys... not just travels | Discoveroverland.eu - Inspiring overland travel meetings

13 hours ago, papab said:

Thx. Looks good.  Are you running a rack under those?

No just some 3M film on the plastics. No rubbing of the film yet and I have had them on some pretty bumpy  FSR's 🙂

They synch down nice and if you don't have a tail tidy they keep the lollipop turn signals from flopping around. 

Edited by DWEL700

On 2/26/2021 at 3:45 PM, Amani said:

Just mounted RR soft luggage racks to accommodate my R80 setup. I am pretty happy with it. No mods necessary with my Tusk top plate. Just a couple spacers that were included with the RR hardware pack. Stoked I have a top box now for in town and the Mosko setup ready for a month or two extended trip.

20210226_145558.jpg

20210226_145532.jpg

All that stuff and no skid plate?

On 3/9/2021 at 9:24 PM, mpatch said:

All that stuff and no skid plate?

😄 Not yet. Jury is still out.

Outback Mototrek Asymetric pannier x frames and rear rack combo fitted today. 55 cm.wide. Now just need some soft bags. Going for Kriega OS 32/24. 

20210311_162523.jpg

20210311_162517.jpg

• Like 1

Here is “my” solution... 30lt each, rackless. Enduristan 
I just removed the rear rack too

B4F1B4AD-0718-4D82-8D76-77749B54C3D2.jpeg

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Quolet said:

Here is “my” solution... 30lt each, rackless. Enduristan 
I just removed the rear rack too

B4F1B4AD-0718-4D82-8D76-77749B54C3D2.jpeg

does the bag touch the exhaust?

On 3/7/2021 at 7:22 PM, papab said:

I am also are using the Enduristan Blizard XL bags. I love them, they fit great. I had trouble with the cross straps slipping. Replaced them with metal quick release buckles. One side is sewn on, the other side is adjustable. Makes it easier to separate the bags too

3B7B77BE-37AA-4EE7-935C-E407ED147F6E.jpeg

Edited by Richarddd
Add photo
  • Like 3

In the market for a true rackless soft luggage system for the T7. Was looking at the Moskos, but they highly suggestet racks underneath.

Can the Enduristan Blizzards (L / XL) be ran, and a duffle across on top, without having any racks for tie down?

Many thanks!

11 hours ago, JayD said:

In the market for a true rackless soft luggage system for the T7. Was looking at the Moskos, but they highly suggestet racks underneath.

Can the Enduristan Blizzards (L / XL) be ran, and a duffle across on top, without having any racks for tie down?

Many thanks!

I’ve been running the MD size Blizzards for almost a year. When I need more space I throw a duffle across, no rack, no problems.

re: size - I’m glad I went with the medium, enough space for what I need 90% of the time.  

• Like 1

Ok here is my cheap and practical option.

I already have a  Givi rack and topbox so that is the starting point. A pair of £50 Lomo waterproof panniers secured with two ebay bought pacsafe  mesh bags with matching paddlocks to make life easier.

IMG20210321151316.thumb.jpg.1af0687f0b25f401d5c5940dcaa0f374.jpg

I made a little woodern bracket to lift the bags above the exhaust. along with that I added some firestone roofing felt to stop the wire from rubbing the bodywork.

IMG20210321151909.thumb.jpg.fbdc533ab987050a0431e59df1f6d095.jpg

This lifted the painers away from the exhaust and adding a home made heat shield using checker plate and healt defelctor tape, keeps the pannier clear from the exahust and at worst it wont touch on the hot exhasut. Once finalised it wil be held on with stainless steeel metal cale ties.

IMG20210321152749.thumb.jpg.a2bee70eb90b07795b0484d130058212.jpg

This avoids making the bike as wide as a 747 which is a horrid point to most of the painners which try to bridge the exhaust.

cheap and easy, which appears to be my middle name at the moment but, it seems to work.

• Like 4

Tusk Aluminum Large panniers, a collectors limited release designer color edition "Action Packer" top box coveted by adventure riders everywhere 😎, my Wolfman Enduro Tank Bag temporarily moved over from my KLX250. Pic taken yesterday at the Hogback Mountain tri-state scenic overlook on Rt 9, Marlboro, Vermont:

232777027_HogbackMountain.thumb.jpg.5127e6e2b32ed0f4ef2c0f7cfb018a09.jpg

Edited by dmottv
  • Like 2

Mine loaded up for a weekend camping trip to test out the reckless 80.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1515.thumb.jpg.a7eb0eded2685965a01c695bd1c4a691.jpg

• Like 1

On 1/16/2021 at 3:21 PM, duibhceK said:

I used the Lomo crash bar bags on my Yamaha OEM crash Bars. Way cheaper than Enduristan and they fit well.

Hey @duibhceK

Any pictures you could share as I want to do this too.

Ta, James