Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Tenere 700 Luggage options

Rich TT

On 4/2/2022 at 5:18 AM, CimarronEric said:

I want one of these. This looks like the perfect minimalist option for a Mosko Reckless.

This one is already to find in Germany for 190€. Look at ebay-kleinanzeigen.de and search for: Tenere 700 Atelie.

Yamaha Tenere 700 Gepäckträger Arnold minimal Atelie7 ***ab Lager verfügbar*** in Ludwigsau

Edited by ekko

8 hours ago, ekko said:

This one is already to find in Germany for 190€. Look at ebay-kleinanzeigen.de and search for: Tenere 700 Atelie.

Yamaha Tenere 700 Gepäckträger Arnold minimal Atelie7 ***ab Lager verfügbar*** in Ludwigsau

I believe this product is the Arnold Minimal rack, made in Italy. 

e2698f_74311d6e25d74780af6fe48b3e30c77b~

tènèrè 700 accessori made in Italy

Edited by Peppe

On 2/28/2022 at 12:16 AM, Alf Meister said:

Here’s my OS12’s on R&G side frames and an AS alloy rack. Very secure and neat and lightweight setup. Probably should have got the OS18’s but they would’ve overhung the lower part of the frames too much. 

Question Dougie, what size kreiga straps are you using over the saddle please ?

D0E78175-81CA-421B-A55B-D62E83906ABD.jpeg

F11FB953-9FDD-492D-95C9-F56D324AAF07.jpeg

Do you have any picture of the anchor points used to mount the OS bags? Are you using the holes that are in the top part of the rack? 

I noticed the OVLK one doesn't have them. 

Mounted the Kriega OS base with 12L packs. Fit great. I have the Heed rear crash bars and there was no issue at all. These bags look like they are made for the bike which is great.

I haven't field tested at all yet or even played with adjustments but i'll report back if anything comes up.

All and all so far so good.

Also worth noting I ordered these through chromeburner.com and not Kriega direct. I saved $150 (CAD) through Chromeburner since they have a 10% off sale and if you read the description for the product there's a promocode for their 10 year anniversary. Since I'm in Canda and the conversion to British Pounds was not great. Got them in about a week. I did have to pay duty via FedEx but I imagine I would have had to ordering from Kriega as well and on a higher dollar value.

IMG_0451.thumb.jpg.30c3b3811df0cdd4c1c975469a0a0b75.jpg

IMG_0445.jpg

IMG_0450.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, I didn't find the information, so I'll take my chance 😉 

Does anyone succeed to mount side rack like the Adventure-Spec Yamaha Tenere 700 Side Luggage Rack or the Kriega OS Base WITH the OEM rear rack? Indeed, I used my T7 everyday for working with a GIVI Monokey (ALU) and I want to keep the read rack and just have the possibility to put only soft luggages for traveling. 

Thanks for your help ! 😉 

• 2 weeks later...

Rally Raid racks with 21 Brothers 30L sawky bags. Had these bags for a while, will try to my them work for my camping gear. They're a bit faffy with all the straps. But secure when they're mounted. 

I could mount them vertically, but will need a heat shield for the exhaust.

IMG_20220428_200134.jpg

For day trips, I got this old 70 liter Jofama bag. It's way bigger than I need. But an easy bag to chuck some rain gear, flap jacks and coffe in.

IMG_20220508_202207.jpg

I just installed the Yamaha OEM rack as i had a GIVI 58L box for my previous bike, have to say i really didn't like the way the bike felt with the added weight, but i guess it's a matter of getting used to it (and the box wasn't even fully loaded).

anyone else also noted this affect?

i wonder should i add couple of clicks to the the preload on the rear to compensate 

2 hours ago, Eran_mo said:

I just installed the Yamaha OEM rack as i had a GIVI 58L box for my previous bike, have to say i really didn't like the way the bike felt with the added weight, but i guess it's a matter of getting used to it (and the box wasn't even fully loaded).

anyone else also noted this affect?

i wonder should i add couple of clicks to the the preload on the rear to compensate 

Yep, I'd be adding some preload!!!

On 4/4/2022 at 6:14 PM, Peppe said:

Do you have any picture of the anchor points used to mount the OS bags? Are you using the holes that are in the top part of the rack? 

I noticed the OVLK one doesn't have them. 

I dont have them anymore but have a look at this thread, it shows the slots.  

• 3 months later...
  • Moderators
On 1/9/2022 at 8:37 AM, TenereTragic700 said:

Tusk Pilot Pannier Bags

I have Adventure Spec racks and have been using OS18 bags - very happy with that.

I need more capacity and am considering Tusk Pilot Pannier Bags, with the tusk heat shield on the muffler - though I think the bag will clear without it.

Anyone have experience using the Tusk Pilot with the T7 and particulaly with the Adventure Spec Luggage support rack?

Did you ever get a response to your question?   My son  has a new T7 and wants the same setup, but with a Camel-ADV Rally exhaust in the mix.

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

I ended up getting a set of the tusk pilot bags and then returned them.  Too many straps for the setup I was using.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

Anyone running their T7 with the Adventure Spec side racks along with their Magadan MK3 bags and a Camel-ADV Rally exhaust?

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

Anyone using the Hippo Hips bags?

I have been studying the different systems and manufacturers, so many choices. Right off I don't want panniers or hard luggage or a top box. But as I narrow it down I am shying away from systems like Mosko Moto and Giant Loop where access to stuff deep in the bags becomes an issue. And I don't want complicated systems with lots of straps. So Hippo Hips or saddlebag systems are next in the rackless category. but they still may require something to hold them off the bike and to strap them to. And now I'm back to thinking maybe a minimal rack with soft panniers is the way to go! Jeez. Note that this is for overnight trips and camping, 80L + including a duffel. Then for day trips I do like something like a Reckless 10L with a Camel ADV rack. Just enough for tools and something warm or waterproof. Not really asking just saying but advice is always nice. I really doubt I'll get to do much long distance stuff so I hate to load the bike with big frames and stuff, but I want to be ready to roll when the chance comes.

I am running the RideADV solo racks and the ADVWorx 20L panniers.

Very slim profile, easy to install and work like a charm.  13 days from Victoria to the Yukon and back and never one problem.  

Both out of Australia.  Keeps the weight forward where it should be.  

MicrosoftTeams-image (24).png

• Like 3

Hey!!

Does anybody know whats the weight of the Yamaha OEM pannier racks?

I'm guessing it's near 6kg, but a more precise data would be welcome, because i'm weighting a new Tenere World Raid full of fuel that have those pannier racks installed, and it's a demo bike, so i can't get the bike "undressed" before i weight her

Edited by Quercus Petraea

On 8/31/2022 at 7:41 PM, roygilbo said:

I am running the RideADV solo racks and the ADVWorx 20L panniers.

Very slim profile, easy to install and work like a charm.  13 days from Victoria to the Yukon and back and never one problem.  

Both out of Australia.  Keeps the weight forward where it should be.  

MicrosoftTeams-image (24).png

the rack it self is narrow. but with the bags its not. 

i own the same bags and also the kriega 32l ones.   same packing with. and yes this can be to wide as i have experienced.

i hoped the adworx bag would be a little narrower. but  i have to be honest that i like the adworx 20l bags better.

cant compair with kriega 20 l ones as i dont own them. but these seem to be just a tad bit narnarrow

IMG_20220704_184651.jpg.2fe20c6e06be9ace4ba5d272531843f4.jpg

ae90b29355d0f28722ab7034a49a8a51.0.jpg.fde6aa37fcc218c5969d99abae9e1dbb.jpg

IMG_20220727_150551.jpg

Edited by CoreCass
photos

14 hours ago, Quercus Petraea said:

Hey!!

Does anybody know whats the weight of the Yamaha OEM pannier racks?

I'm guessing it's near 6kg, but a more precise data would be welcome, because i'm weighting a new Tenere World Raid full of fuel that have those pannier racks installed, and it's a demo bike, so i can't get the bike "undressed" before i weight her

If you are worried about weight, the world raid and Yamaha racks are probably not for you. Especially if you put the Yamaha huge metal boxes on the racks. 

1 hour ago, Michael B said:

If you are worried about weight, the world raid and Yamaha racks are probably not for you. Especially if you put the Yamaha huge metal boxes on the racks. 

Yes, i've been thinking a lot about all that you said, but yes, I'm interested in the World Raid and its real weight full of fuel. Not interested in pannier racks nor hard cases.

That's why i'm asking if there's somebody who can tell me what's the weight of the OEM pannier racks (because i'm weighting a demo bike with them mounted, and i need to substract that weight from the number i get)

Edited by Quercus Petraea
  • Like 1

On 9/4/2022 at 10:38 AM, CoreCass said:

the rack it self is narrow. but with the bags its not. 

i own the same bags and also the kriega 32l ones.   same packing with. and yes this can be to wide as i have experienced.

i hoped the adworx bag would be a little narrower. but  i have to be honest that i like the adworx 20l bags better.

cant compair with kriega 20 l ones as i dont own them. but these seem to be just a tad bit narnarrow

IMG_20220704_184651.jpg.2fe20c6e06be9ace4ba5d272531843f4.jpg

ae90b29355d0f28722ab7034a49a8a51.0.jpg.fde6aa37fcc218c5969d99abae9e1dbb.jpg

IMG_20220727_150551.jpg

Of course adding panniers will increase the width.  The solo racks are the narrowest and most forward designed racks out there and with any 20L panniers should yield close to the most narrow profile, unless you are going rackless.  They work well for me with the ADVWorx panniers.  Speaking of which, I had some stitching come loose on one of my panniers and they warranteed it and dispatched a new one in short order.  Max and Steve at AdventureMoto.com.au are top notch.  

On 9/5/2022 at 9:51 PM, roygilbo said:

Of course adding panniers will increase the width.  The solo racks are the narrowest and most forward designed racks out there and with any 20L panniers should yield close to the most narrow profile, unless you are going rackless.  They work well for me with the ADVWorx panniers.  Speaking of which, I had some stitching come loose on one of my panniers and they warranteed it and dispatched a new one in short order.  Max and Steve at AdventureMoto.com.au are top notch.  

Nope. 20l is not more narrow profile.  Compair my kriega 32l to a adworkIMG_20220907_184035333.jpg.063fae891b715a4a87c562770a6fc37d.jpgIMG_20220907_184052219.jpg.d6ad64f7d461183f2ad66c3063eb6ed9.jpgIMG_20220907_184025949_HDR.jpg.839e3b3cba186a4224ee4406d5a69476.jpg 20l bag

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CoreCass said:

Nope. 20l is not more narrow profile.  Compair my kriega 32l to a adworkIMG_20220907_184035333.jpg.063fae891b715a4a87c562770a6fc37d.jpgIMG_20220907_184052219.jpg.d6ad64f7d461183f2ad66c3063eb6ed9.jpgIMG_20220907_184025949_HDR.jpg.839e3b3cba186a4224ee4406d5a69476.jpg 20l bag

Well, I don’t pack like that LOL.  

Picked up a pair of crash bar bags today, they seem pretty well made for the price, £40 the pair.

They don’t stick out any more than my knee’s.

3481AF87-19B1-418D-AB24-5F4660D5743D.jpeg

• Like 1

Hate to tell you but they are not.

Had them on my Crosstourer and could throw them away after te fist crash.

Made some out of the Mosko Moto aux pox and they don't even show a mark after several crashes.