Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

High Exhaust, is it ok? anyone try one yet? Ever hear of Huzar exhausts?

Tazmool

18 minutes ago, Goldentaco said:

Got the Huzar High pipe in the other day and mounted up this evening. 

633CFAF0-1229-45B5-B71A-AB0D44469FC9.jpeg.f549a1031f4ac25a911964b4dfbec1d2.jpeg

I've tried finding it online and can't seem to find a website to order or any information. Could you post a link of how you purchased it and what it cost? That thing looks sharp. So much cleaner and less prone to damage. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, johnnygolucky said:

I've tried finding it online and can't seem to find a website to order or any information. Could you post a link of how you purchased it and what it cost? That thing looks sharp. So much cleaner and less prone to damage. 

Huzar's site isn't set up to ship and sell to NA necessarily.

Here's the link to the pipe I ordered:

tlumik-owalny-50-cm-ze-stali-nierdzewnej

Tłumik owalny 50 cm, w całości wykonany ze stali nierdzewnej malowany proszkowo na czarno. Aby możliwe było zamontowanie wydechu górą, konieczne jest wycięcie otworu w elemencie plastikowym o wymiarach 30x20 mm, dzięki temu można uzyskać mocowanie dla obejmy tłumika. Proszę zapoznać się ze zdjęciami, wszystko jest dokładnie pokazane.

Or

On the website Huzarexhaust.eu hover over the tab "Offerta"  or if Google translates it for you, "Offer" and scroll down to "Tenere 700 Top Muffler".  

I selected " Oval silencer, 50 cm, made of stainless steel, powder coated in black. Yamaha Tenere 700 - top mounting"

To order email the following:

biuro@huzarexhaust.eu

I never got the guy ( or gal's) name in the emails but they were helpful.  Initially they didn't want to sell to NA because it was difficult to manage returns due to damage.  I assured them I understood that and was prepared to accept that and repair if needed.  The product was packaged well and the box wasn't beat up.  Just be certain to look at one end for the muffler strap.  It's not in the main box with the rest of the parts.  They put the parts in the main box and then create an outer box on one end to put the strap in.  I initially thought they forgot to send it and I'm glad I didn't throw the box away before finishing the install.

They'll send you a paypal request.

In my case the 50cm black powder coated including shipping was $236.00

The Polish tracking site worked well but once it arrived in the USA there were no more updates.  It appeared to be in New York in Customs for over a week.  In reality it was probably in customs for a day or two, then in transit.

It shipped Aug 18 and I received it Aug 31.

J

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Goldentaco said:

Huzar's site isn't set up to ship and sell to NA necessarily.

J

Thanks Taco for all the detailed info. I really appreciate it. That's a screaming deal on a pipe. I'll look into it for sure.

My only concern is the location of the end pipe. It looks like it's going to eat the twilight for dinner. The problem is I put a tail tidy on and by LED blinkers to be exactly where the pipe is. If the pipe was a bit shorter, it'd work, just hard to tell from he photos. 

Thanks again! Cheers

Edited by johnnygolucky

7 minutes ago, johnnygolucky said:

Thanks Taco for all the detailed info. I really appreciate it. That's a screaming deal on a pipe. I'll look into it for sure.

My only concern is the location of the end pipe. It looks like it's going to eat the twilight for dinner. The problem is I put a tail tidy on and by LED blinkers to be exactly where the pipe is. If the pipe was a bit shorter, it'd work, just hard to tell from he photos. 

Thanks again! Cheers

Take a straitedge and set it on the OEM luggage spools on the thin part.  Measure down from the straightedge at a right angle to the signals you nave now and I can duplicate it on my end to see where the interference is.  Make a note of where you line up the straightedge on the spools and at what point you measure down to your sigs.

J

• 4 weeks later...

I confirm the sound is sweet from the Huzar. It is out of the way in the drop test too, but it was a bit close to my boot, burnt my heel. I made a heat-shield from an old street sign and all good now. Sounds awesome.. Braapp !

20200809_123440.jpg

20200809_123455.jpg

• Like 3

On 9/1/2020 at 9:49 PM, johnnygolucky said:

My only concern is the location of the end pipe. 

If the pipe was a bit shorter, it'd work, just hard to tell from he photos. 

Huzar sells a 400mm muffler. but it comes with a link pipe 100mm longer than the pipe that comes with the 500 mm muffler.. I was told by the guy at Huzar he can ship the short link pipe and the 400MM muffler together on request, and the exit will be a bit lower , should clear the tail tidy signals.. If you look at my side view photo and imagine taking 10 CM off the 500mm muffler, where will the exit be ? It might work well with a tail tidy, and sound wicked too !! They are quiet with both baffles in.. ick.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DoYouLikeItHere said:

Huzar sells a 400mm muffler. but it comes with a link pipe 100mm longer than the pipe that comes with the 500 mm muffler.. I was told by the guy at Huzar he can ship the short link pipe and the 400MM muffler together on request, and the exit will be a bit lower , should clear the tail tidy signals.. If you look at my side view photo and imagine taking 10 CM off the 500mm muffler, where will the exit be ? It might work well with a tail tidy, and sound wicked too !! They are quiet with both baffles in.. ick.

Let us know how it goes if you do get it!

5 minutes ago, Flyinbrianbmx said:

how'd you do it and what is it?

simple and with a budget under 100 euros

edit 3.jpg

10.PNG

• Like 1

On 8/24/2020 at 6:28 PM, MGG said:

Wow ... I am impressed, this is pretty much what I was looking for ... just need a good welder 🙂

• Questions:
  1. If you were to evaluate the work effort... what would you say? ... 4h welding job, 1 day ... 1 week?
  2. Should there be a heat shield between the exhaust and the brake cylinder?
  3. Is that the Delkevic 18in or 14in ? ... how is the sound ?
  4. Did you try a full compression on rear spring ? ... to figure out how close the brakes are to the exhaust ? .. I would hate to crunch the 2 together on an "unexpected" jump. 
  5. Do you think  a "dual" exhaust is possible or needed? ... this would allow to use slimmer cans but I am not sure what to expect from a sound level and heat generation, I would love to have lower temperature exhaust can(s).
  6. Do you have some more close up pictures ? ... can you share ? ... I love your work.

I am on the short side and I was wondering how much clearance is available when standing up feet on ground, boot/leg close to bike. I expect a heat shield might be required for me cause I would hate to burn my leg.

Like you I'm also curious to hear about clearance issues with the swing arm and rear brake. @Engineer did get to test this yet? Also curious what pannier racks you are running that are such a nice tight fit. 

The Huzar pipe and can looks more basic and doesn't look to be as tight into the bike. Seems it leave some space on table. the can is also very long. 

On 8/24/2020 at 11:28 PM, MGG said:

Wow ... I am impressed, this is pretty much what I was looking for ... just need a good welder 🙂

• Questions:
  1. If you were to evaluate the work effort... what would you say? ... 4h welding job, 1 day ... 1 week?
  2. Should there be a heat shield between the exhaust and the brake cylinder?
  3. Is that the Delkevic 18in or 14in ? ... how is the sound ?
  4. Did you try a full compression on rear spring ? ... to figure out how close the brakes are to the exhaust ? .. I would hate to crunch the 2 together on an "unexpected" jump. 
  5. Do you think  a "dual" exhaust is possible or needed? ... this would allow to use slimmer cans but I am not sure what to expect from a sound level and heat generation, I would love to have lower temperature exhaust can(s).
  6. Do you have some more close up pictures ? ... can you share ? ... I love your work.

I am on the short side and I was wondering how much clearance is available when standing up feet on ground, boot/leg close to bike. I expect a heat shield might be required for me cause I would hate to burn my leg.

I'll try to answer the questions raised by @MGG and @Mikedefieslife.

1.Can't possibly evaluate the work effort as I had never done anything like that before, and I am not an experienced welder. It took me a lot of time during lockdown here to juggle the various sections of tube to get what I wanted.

2.If you look closely at the photos, I have made and fitted a small alloy heatshield around the rear brake cylinder.

3.The Delkevic is 18" (450mm). I run it with the db killer in place as I don't like disturbing the peace, and the sound level is similar to the original.

4. I have tried a full compression of the rear spring and the brake caliper is just about touching. But then I'm nearly 71 now , and don't do much in the way of serious jumps with a fully loaded bike.

5. I don't see the point of a dual exhaust, and the current setup didn't harm the plastics during a dyno run. So it's probably ok.

6. I will take some close up pictures and post them tomorrow. Although they will expose some of my dodgy welding.

I haven't burnt my leg yet.

The pannier frames are S W Motech Trax frames, bought second hand. I cut all the support arms off the main frames and made my own attachments to fit as close as possible to the bike.

I have used S W Motech Trax panniers on several bikes by doing this. It means that I can keep the same panniers.

I also have the facility to attach sheet plastic plates to the racks to support AS Spec Magadan soft luggage instead of the hard panniers.

• Like 2

Inspired by this topic I also ordered the Huzar exhaust kit and mounted it today.

I do like the nice slim fit and shape.  Now I am really ready to do offroad trips and can drop the bike on the right side without damaging the exhaust 😂.

What I do not understand is why they supply zinc plated bolts & nuts instead of ss.  So I mounted other bolts.  Also the rear bracket plate which fit the genuine exhaust mount is too thin and bends.  I made a thicker one.

However, I do like the kit and in my opinion good value for money.

20201010_191144.jpg

20201010_191304.jpg

20201010_191357.jpg

20201010_191226.jpg

• Like 1

Does anyone have any pictures or description of what plastic needs to be cut for the piece that the muffler bolts to?

Thanks

Tenere 700 / Africa Twin / Goldwing / Super Tenere / WR250R / GS1000S / GT750 / H2 750

51 minutes ago, Simmons1 said:

Does anyone have any pictures or description of what plastic needs to be cut for the piece that the muffler bolts to?

Thanks

The website of Huzar is showing some pictures but it's easy to determine during the installation of the muffler.  I drilled 4 holes  in the corners.  It's a soft thermoplast and cutted with a sharp knife a square hole.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dipstick said:

The website of Huzar is showing some pictures but it's easy to determine during the installation of the muffler.  I drilled 4 holes  in the corners.  It's a soft thermoplast and cutted with a sharp knife a square hole.

Thank you!

Tenere 700 / Africa Twin / Goldwing / Super Tenere / WR250R / GS1000S / GT750 / H2 750

Anyone with the Huzar thought about just fitting the link pipe and a Ebay muffler?  I like the bend of the link pipe but the long exhaust can will interfere with my tail tidy.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, flyloki said:

Anyone with the Huzar thought about just fitting the link pipe and a Ebay muffler?  I like the bend of the link pipe but the long exhaust can will interfere with my tail tidy.  

I'd for sure also like to know. I just need the damn pipe.

They will not sell just a pipe. I asked.

He did say they make 2 pipes - a long pipe,  or a (100mm) shorter pipe.

The reason is - he sells two lengths of muffler - 400 or 500 mm.

Shorter pipe is for the 500mm muffler.

Long Pipe is for the 400mm muffler.

That puts the exit hole at exactly the same spot using either muffler.

BUT !!

If you ask nicely and buy the short pipe and short muffler, it exits 100mm sooner, probably will clear tail tidy.

This he will sell, I asked 😉

• 2 weeks later...

Just sent Huzar an email requesting the short pipe and short muffler in an attempt to clear the CamelADV tail tidy and LED turn signal.

I might consider fabricating a mount for the signals if the muffler outlet is close.  Could bolt a piece of flat stock to the top of the the tail tidy bracket just under the tail light.  Bend up the ends and put the signals above the exhaust outlet.  Might even be enough room for 3/4" square stock.

Riding season is almost done here in Vermont so it's time to shop!

DSCN4674.thumb.JPG.a51bb511dc51a7eb07a5742912cad0a7.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

I just want a kit to move my stock exhaust up high and tight.  Is there such a thing yet?

1 hour ago, Craig Sturman said:

I just want a kit to move my stock exhaust up high and tight.  Is there such a thing yet?

If you kept the stock can, you could theoretically rotate it more horizontal so it clears the swingarm better.  You'd need a custom link pipe and you'd likely loose the use of the pillion foot pegs and mount and it would still be heavy.

If you sourced a round or Oval Aftermarket exhaust silencer between 30 and 50cm long, you could have a local shop weld up the link pipe and you could use a similar mount point like Huzar does with a piece of bar stock aluminum secured to the rear OEM tiedown point.

If you get a smaller silencer like the Endy Brutale You could again have a custom link pipe made up to rotate it more horizontal to get it up and above the swingarm and still use the OEM mount and retain the pillion pegs...maybe. 

Endy Exhausts

s-l1600.jpg

There are options, but none that are cookie cutter since all exhausts have various differences.

But after all that work and paying someone else to fab up the parts and hopefully it al fits it may not be worth it especially as the Huzar kit is Really, Really good for the price.  I don't miss the OEM unit one bit.

J