Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

High Exhaust, is it ok? anyone try one yet? Ever hear of Huzar exhausts?

Tazmool

Zoomed in that thing looks pretty trashed- looking at any black frame parts and the swing arm.  

On 11/16/2020 at 12:15 PM, Simmons1 said:

Happy with mine so far but not a lot of use yet.

IMG_20201106_161706330.jpg

IMG_20201106_161637707.jpg

I didn't really want a different exhaust but, I'm also not too thrilled with the potential damage that the stock exhaust will see with just a single light drop. Looking at your set up has me thinking about it. Yours looks great and functional! 

• Like 1

On 12/20/2020 at 7:27 PM, Alec said:

Hey Guys, sorry for the delay on posting some pictures of the shorter pipe and muffler set up. Just got it bolted on today after wrapping the pipe. Overall, for the price and peace of

mind knowing the exhaust is out of the way I would highly recommend this set up. As of right now I took it for a short ride and the rear turn signal didn’t appear to be suffering any issues from the exhaust heat. It is pretty much pointing right at it but I’m waiting for a  integrated tail light/fender eliminator kit to come out. Let me know if you have any questions! 

43F90356-6420-46BF-8B3C-805BDA95AD77.jpeg

90E57721-4680-4D71-AD77-A45A04395250.jpeg

Nice!  And thanks for posting.  I have the T7 Rally tail tidy and it looks like my turn signal would be right

in the way.  Do you think that the muffler hanger, the one that looks like it's hung off the rear luggage tie down bolt, could be replaced with something longer to let the muffler hang a little lower? 

@SociallyStunted You’re welcome and I think you could. The hanger could be adjusted but probably not a lot depending on how far you want to go with it. I have the rear DB killer in and it points the exhaust slightly up. So far my rear blinker has not shown any signs of melting. I will post a photo to show show how the exhaust exits from the db killer this weekend. 

Hi

Looks good and fantastic price, but is it e-marked for legal use in the EU ?

I emailed Huzzar this past week and they indicated they preferred to not sell the short pipe and short muffler combo as gas would build under the fender and could cause a fire. I'm not sure what that means but I am thinking I will still need both the short bits to clear the Camel tail tidy. I have the camel exhaust on order but I was looking and I am not convinced I can make my Rally Raid luggage racks fit along with that exhaust. And cutting the hanger is a one way trip.

Looks like no one has gotten a tail tidy with the Huzzar exhaust yet?

1 hour ago, MikeCMP said:

I emailed Huzzar this past week and they indicated they preferred to not sell the short pipe and short muffler combo as gas would build under the fender and could cause a fire. I'm not sure what that means but I am thinking I will still need both the short bits to clear the Camel tail tidy. I have the camel exhaust on order but I was looking and I am not convinced I can make my Rally Raid luggage racks fit along with that exhaust. And cutting the hanger is a one way trip.

Looks like no one has gotten a tail tidy with the Huzzar exhaust yet?

I have the Camel Tail Tidy with the Huzar short mid pipe with the 40cm muffler, they gave me the same story but sold it to me if I understood they would not be held liable for any melting or fires that might occur. This combination will exit right on the turn signal, I am currently working on a small modification that brings the exhaust down and out a little. It will now clear the turn signal, I will post picture later today or tomorrow of the modification I done. I really like the looks and sound of the system and the price is hard to beat.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, DNJohnson said:

I have the Camel Tail Tidy with the Huzar short mid pipe with the 40cm muffler, they gave me the same story but sold it to me if I understood they would not be held liable for any melting or fires that might occur. This combination will exit right on the turn signal, I am currently working on a small modification that brings the exhaust down and out a little. It will now clear the turn signal, I will post picture later today or tomorrow of the modification I done. I really like the looks and sound of the system and the price is hard to beat.

Cool.  Appreciate the info - I will prolly cancel my Camel exhaust and go with this then. I have the rally raid racks and I love how this tucks behind them.

Mike

What have people done for heat shields for your boots? does the pillion need heat shields or just the rider?

Mike

38 minutes ago, MikeCMP said:

What have people done for heat shields for your boots? does the pillion need heat shields or just the rider?

Mike

I wanna protect my boots, so last week I have made the heat shield for Huzar pipe using the smaller shield from the OEM exhaust. It is not the best looking, but for me it is fine.🙂 Maybe one day I will change the two shield brackets for nicer one.

1609271543483.jpg

Edited by slawmir
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, slawmir said:

I wanna protect my boots, so last week I have made the heat shield for Huzar pipe using the smaller shield from the OEM exhaust. It is not the best looking, but for me it is fine.🙂 Maybe one day I will change the two shield brackets for nicer one.

1609271543483.jpg

This is a great idea. I have tried a couple things that didn't work very good for a heal guard.  My bike now looks like yours. Thanks for the photo!!

• Like 1

Tenere 700 / Africa Twin / Goldwing / Super Tenere / WR250R / GS1000S / GT750 / H2 750

On 9/29/2020 at 6:07 PM, Adi Torpan said:

my option for a high exhaust

IMG_8048-crop.jpeg

This looks amazing, is there anyway I can contact you through social media to talk about this build? I'm thinking about doing the same in mine

On 11/11/2020 at 10:57 PM, Goldentaco said:

If you kept the stock can, you could theoretically rotate it more horizontal so it clears the swingarm better.  You'd need a custom link pipe and you'd likely loose the use of the pillion foot pegs and mount and it would still be heavy.

If you sourced a round or Oval Aftermarket exhaust silencer between 30 and 50cm long, you could have a local shop weld up the link pipe and you could use a similar mount point like Huzar does with a piece of bar stock aluminum secured to the rear OEM tiedown point.

If you get a smaller silencer like the Endy Brutale You could again have a custom link pipe made up to rotate it more horizontal to get it up and above the swingarm and still use the OEM mount and retain the pillion pegs...maybe. 

Endy Exhausts

s-l1600.jpg

There are options, but none that are cookie cutter since all exhausts have various differences.

But after all that work and paying someone else to fab up the parts and hopefully it al fits it may not be worth it especially as the Huzar kit is Really, Really good for the price.  I don't miss the OEM unit one bit.

J

Hey, I'm thinking about getting that endy exhaust as it appears to solve the problem. The pipe itself shouldnt hit the ground and neither should the exhaust as it looks much slimmer, do you have any more info about this system?

Cheers 🙂

1 hour ago, Tomás Longo said:

Hey, I'm thinking about getting that endy exhaust as it appears to solve the problem. The pipe itself shouldnt hit the ground and neither should the exhaust as it looks much slimmer, do you have any more info about this system?

Cheers 🙂

More info if you click the link. in that post.

J

1 minute ago, Goldentaco said:

More info if you click the link. in that post.

J

I did, but their website has no info regarding dimensions, performance or sound, that's why I asked 😕

23 hours ago, slawmir said:

1609271543483.jpg

20 hours ago, Simmons1 said:

This is a great idea. I have tried a couple things that didn't work very good for a heal guard.  My bike now looks like yours. Thanks for the photo!!

What clamps are you using there? 

Mike

1 hour ago, MikeCMP said:

Mike

I bought two   1  1/4 inch (40-45mm) clamps in my local plumber shop.

spacer.png

Okay, here is what everyone has been asking and waiting for...this is the Huzar 40cm muffler, the short mid pipe, and Camel Tail Tidy. As you can see it will end up directly on the turn signal, with a simple mod to the mid pipe you can bring the exhaust down and out a little which

provides much better turn signal clearance. If you are interested in making this mod contact me and I can send you more detailed pictures of what I did to make this system work as pictured.

Stock Full Side

1241617306_HuzarStockFullSide.thumb.jpg.c7fb50b1bbe13cc7c80cd1706fab9934.jpg

Stock Side Clearance

1128226048_HuzarStockSide.thumb.jpg.e4adf9d3a336309b46e9bc97aaf5ab9f.jpg

Stock Back Clearance

1483096769_HuzarStockBack.thumb.jpg.5859e35915d20f4ffdb29b9dd792c603.jpg

Modified Full Side

1447638882_HuzarModFullSide.thumb.jpg.11674aeb4b52f81a2e615fddce3127f6.jpg

Modified Side Clearance

1160873867_HuzarModSide.thumb.jpg.59f0bbf7a7071dc43b074b8a30236559.jpg

Modified Back Clearance

1703861722_HuzarModBack.thumb.jpg.736087f97e0f2c831e9f38f803f29e43.jpg

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Tomás Longo said:

I did, but their website has no info regarding dimensions, performance or sound, that's why I asked 😕

I heard a clip but am having trouble finding it. There was an EBay listing that may have had the clip. I liked it. Similar to the Huzar but a little higher pitch. I’ll see if I can find it. 

J

3 minutes ago, Goldentaco said:

I heard a clip but am having trouble finding it. There was an EBay listing that may have had the clip. I liked it. Similar to the Huzar but a little higher pitch. I’ll see if I can find it. 

J

Mate, you would be my hero if you find that clip! 🙏

If the sound is good I might buy it. Looks like it solves the problem without cutting the hanger. And if it doesn't I'll just design a different pipe and use it with it.

6 hours ago, MikeCMP said:

Mike

I am using hose clamps that have nuts welded to them.

Tenere 700 / Africa Twin / Goldwing / Super Tenere / WR250R / GS1000S / GT750 / H2 750

3 hours ago, JayD said:

Does the bike need to be tuned after installing the Huzar high exhaust?

No

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1