Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

High Exhaust, is it ok? anyone try one yet? Ever hear of Huzar exhausts?

Tazmool

Hallo zusammen,

eine Frage an die Camel-Anlagen-Besitzer!

In Deutschland werden nur Auspuffanlagen zugelassen, die eine EU-Homologation besitzen.

Die Camel-Anlage hat meine Wissen keine Zulassung für Deutschland.

Ich habe vor, ein Auspuff der Firma Wings zu kaufen.

Hierfür müsste ich aber die Original Yamaha Halterung absägen (wie bei der Camel-Auspuff-Anlage),

Um eine Halterung an den Rest der Rohrstummel befestigen zu können, muss ich wissen,

durchmesser die Rohre der Befestigung haben und zwar innen und aussen.

Wenn der Kamelbesitzer auch noch den Rest der Haltung besitzt, dann kann man diesen

Durchmesser innen und aussen gut messen.

Ich werde dann versuchen Gewinde in die kurzen Stummel einzukleben und sie mit einem seitlich

kleine Gewindeschraube zu sichern.

Danke für Eure Hilfe,

Grüße

Einzylinder

@Einzylinder see this post from @Camel ADV

They seem to have abandoned a high exhaust system with an E-stamped Wings exhaust, but are looking into other EU-legal options. Send them a message to find out how far they are along.

Destinationworld.be - Journeys... not just travels | Discoveroverland.eu - Inspiring overland travel meetings

59 minutes ago, Einzylinder said:

Hello everybody,

a question for the Camel system owner!

In Germany only exhaust systems that have an EU homologation are permitted.

As far as I know, the Camel system has no approval for Germany.

I plan to buy a Wings exhaust.

But for this I would have to saw off the original Yamaha bracket (as with the Camel exhaust system),

To be able to attach a bracket to the rest of the pipe stubs I need to know

the diameter of the fastening tubes inside and outside.

If the camel owner also has the rest of the keeping, then you can do it

Measure the diameter well inside and outside.

I will then try to glue threads into the short stubs and attach them to the side

secure small threaded screw.

Thank you for your help,

greetings

Single cylinder

Camel fitted a Wings exhaust but mentioned some minor mods.  Not sure what that was.

image.png.67b2d4f5f0778e51682ec2fcf3366672.png

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Goldentaco said:

Camel fitted a Wings exhaust but mentioned some minor mods.  Not sure what that was.

image.png.67b2d4f5f0778e51682ec2fcf3366672.png

Nice. Do you have a link for more info?

Edited by bikeever

• Supporting Vendor
3 hours ago, duibhceK said:

@Einzylinder see this post from @Camel ADV

They seem to have abandoned a high exhaust system with an E-stamped Wings exhaust, but are looking into other EU-legal options. Send them a message to find out how far they are along.

I just posted in our thread about this. https://www.tenere700.net/topic/1829-camel-adv-t7-high-mount-exhaust/?do=findComment&comment=33932

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

Hi 

My modify is moving forward .

My goal is to modify / cut the original exhaust bracket,at same time have a reversible sistem if in future I want to come with original one .

IMG_20210306_160242.thumb.jpg.c97405f89c0dbce238fc28a736c0d8f6.jpg

I weld and drilled this piece ( showed on previous post)

This in the new bracket where collar of muffler will be attachedIMG_20210306_160258.thumb.jpg.8499ee6705ee990fca616316ff9c975e.jpg

New hole in black plastic is needed , so I close the original one with an old piece of a inner tubeIMG_20210306_155725.thumb.jpg.bbbed780c48391b80f3bf98a39522bf5.jpg

• Like 1

First mounting test .

I change the plate holder ,

also with aftermarket ones ( lightech is mine ) I need to  replace the turning signal  

info : The middle pipe was cutted of 10 cm  

IMG_20210309_121049.thumb.jpg.28134c50b94683af9744d52ce447b8d4.jpgIMG_20210309_121134.thumb.jpg.62b320a4521b6f35c0b52cb20b3ade3d.jpg

I burn the muffler and collar because I hate crome Harley Davidson style🤣

• 2 weeks later...

First ride today after installing the Huzar. A couple of things happened:

After starting up, there was water splashing out of the pipe two places. Where the exhaust can sits on the pipe, and where the pipe connects to the headers. It was water, not fuel. I think its because my bike sat in my basement (heated), and I took it out to close to freezing, and when I fired it up the heat caused condensation. This is just my theory, not sure. The leaking stopped after a minute and didnt leak for the next five hours with several startups.

Also, when coming off the throttle, theres sometimes backfire popping from the exhaust. What can I do with this? Is it bad in any way?

EDIT: I dont have any gaskets on my exhaust, as Huzar said it wasnt needed.

Thanks

Edited by JayD

37 minutes ago, JayD said:

After starting up, there was water splashing out of the pipe two places. Where the exhaust can sits on the pipe, and where the pipe connects to the headers. It was water, not fuel. I think its because my bike sat in my basement (heated), and I took it out to close to freezing, and when I fired it up the heat caused condensation. This is just my theory, not sure. The leaking stopped after a minute and didnt leak for the next five hours with several startups.

Also, when coming off the throttle, theres sometimes backfire popping from the exhaust. What can I do with this? Is it bad in any way?

Thanks

Water is a normal byproduct of catalytic exhaust. Stock pipe has a small weep hole at its low point to help drain.  Any aftermarket options that don’t include the same leave that water no choice but to find it’s own way out. Drilled a small one in my Camel pipe & it also works.
   Not sure about the backfiring. Mine is a little more poppy since the ECU tune which eliminated harsh decel fuel cut & the camel pipe makes it a tad more audible, but have yet to hear any genuine backfires. 

11 minutes ago, Hammerhead said:

Water is a normal byproduct of catalytic exhaust. Stock pipe has a small weep hole at its low point to help drain.  Any aftermarket options that don’t include the same leave that water no choice but to find it’s own way out. Drilled a small one in my Camel pipe & it also works.
   Not sure about the backfiring. Mine is a little more poppy since the ECU tune which eliminated harsh decel fuel cut & the camel pipe makes it a tad more audible, but have yet to hear any genuine backfires. 

Second time in an hour you come to the rescue and help me, thanks a lot my good sir!

I didnt know about the water, thats interesting. I’m happy it wasnt fuel 😅

Well, its more like a pop, and not an atom bomb as my ‘00 Wide Glide used to have.

Again, thank you!

@JayD Nowuckas mate. It’s my understanding that’s what this place is for, learning from our collective experience. It’s been a great resource for me too.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JayD said:

Thanks

When I had both dB killers in it didn't pop.  With just the outer dB killer in it might pop occasionally.

I run both of them out and notice a pop sometimes.  It may happen less when I have my Fich Moto spark arrestor in.  On frwy or backroads I typically have earplugs in.  If in the dirt I usually take them out.  I feel like it was worse when I had Both Unifilter and the  Unifilter snorkel Prefilter in place.  I currently run the MWR filter with Twinair Plate or on dirt trips I put the Twinair Prefilter on.  Maybe those have some affect on the popping?

J

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Goldentaco said:

When I had both dB killers in it didn't pop.  With just the outer dB killer in it might pop occasionally.

I run both of them out and notice a pop sometimes.  It may happen less when I have my Fich Moto spark arrestor in.  On frwy or backroads I typically have earplugs in.  If in the dirt I usually take them out.  I feel like it was worse when I had Both Unifilter and the  Unifilter snorkel Prefilter in place.  I currently run the MWR filter with Twinair Plate or on dirt trips I put the Twinair Prefilter on.  Maybe those have some affect on the popping?

J

Thanks for the reply!

I didnt know it had two baffles, I run without the round disc, so one left in thrn. I usually want as quiet as possible, but in all honesty, that bark at 4,5-5k rpm and onwards is a thrilling one. I run stock filters for now.

1 minute ago, JayD said:

Thanks for the reply!

I didnt know it had two baffles, I run without the round disc, so one left in thrn. I usually want as quiet as possible, but in all honesty, that bark at 4,5-5k rpm and onwards is a thrilling one. I run stock filters for now.

Yup.  That bark is great and with the airbox open you get a noticeable low tone when you get on it...kinda Ducati Monster-ish.

J

• Like 2

Having read about the Huzar exhaust, decided to buy one. That required getting the email address from LoganC135 as their site does not include the US for ordering.  

http://biuro@huzarexhaust.eu

sent an email, prompt reply, in English. They sent a PayPay request for payment ($213 delivered!), sent payment. Within a day shipment was confirmed and a Polish Post tracker was provided. The box arrived in TX 21 days after ordering. I was happy with the product, quality good, fit just fine. 

Bike has a nice sound and it does have that little pop people referred to. I have one of the discs, not sure if the second one was in the pipe? In any case the bike sounds fine, not too loud, went on a 80 mile ride over the weekend and part of it was at 75 MPH. The wind is far noisier than the bike. 

I think the system looks great and if the bike is dropped it might scratch the can but it is unlikely there will be frame damage. And you can easily put the stock parts back on. the only mod that can be changed is the slot that is cut for the hanger. (The little aluminum plate that attaches to the bobbin. One item to figure out is the pipe exposure where by the peg where your boot can touch it. I can tell that I did that once as the boot left a black mark on the pipe. Going to figure out a simple guard for that. 

I really like the product and the price is awesome. Thanks LoganC135!

huzar 1.jpeg

Huzar 2.jpeg

• Like 2

Heat guard 

$3 at the hardware store and the oem shield 

Two hose clamps with holes drilled  in them for two t nuts 

16DDE3B1-7F10-4765-A8B1-CD269E89F9D3.jpeg

067C3692-B3AA-44AD-A505-EAA043634D91.jpeg

• Like 3

On 12/15/2020 at 11:04 PM, Alec said:

I just got my exhaust in this evening and am installing it tomorrow. Shipping took about five weeks. I should be able to post some photos in the next couple days. From just sizing it up, I’m happy I went with the smaller pipe and muffler. For the money, this is well worth it! Stay tuned for photos...

I’m having a hard time trying to order thru the Huzar website. Maybe because I’m in America? Where is your location? If American do you have any tips on how I can place the order.  I can’t read the website but I’m able to get muddle thru and this go bad when I try to pay.

5 minutes ago, Thrilla Moto said:

I’m having a hard time trying to order thru the Huzar website. Maybe because I’m in America? Where is your location? If American do you have any tips on how I can place the order.  I can’t read the website but I’m able to get muddle thru and this go bad when I try to pay.

Gotta email them. 
biuro@huzarexhaust.eu

Edited by mpatch
  • Like 3

On 9/29/2020 at 7:07 PM, Adi Torpan said:

my option for a high exhaust

IMG_8048-crop.jpeg

Hello Adi Torpan, good solution and very eco-friendly! I like that the original support does not have to be cut in case the original exhaust needs to be mounted in the future.
I see that you do not have the connecting springs between the silencer and the connection tube, it is only attached to the chassis support?
Thank you very much for the contribution!

Finished my high mount exhaust today and headed out for a test ride. Scorpio titanium muffler with retrofitted spark arrester baffle. Nice sound just a bit louder than stock. I used pieces of the original skid plate for heat shields. And incorporated the original rubber bushing in the hanger. It all came together nicely. 

FAB15DE3-6027-434D-9B7C-4A0A4C2427DC.jpeg

49F3D209-55EC-439E-9D42-86237C202910.jpeg

046467DD-3DBB-4331-B58A-468E12E5D2D8.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Ordered the Huzar exhaust last Thursday (25th), arrived in Belgium on Wednesday 31st. Quick service, very well packaged and nice looking bit of kit. 👍

Will be installing in the next couple of days.

Edited by duibhceK
25th was Thursday, not Sunday ;)
  • Like 2

Destinationworld.be - Journeys... not just travels | Discoveroverland.eu - Inspiring overland travel meetings