Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

High Exhaust, is it ok? anyone try one yet? Ever hear of Huzar exhausts?

Tazmool

9 minutes ago, MikeCMP said:

Thanks that is a good video - I have the Huzzar tucked in behind my RR racks, only think that might interfere on the OM racks is the mounting bars, but I have a feeling it will be fine. 

I was thinking of running actuall panniers instead of the rackless setup. I like the Reckless 80 but miss the easy take off of panniers, and some other reasons.

Mike

I missed this in the video at 4:12 but this could cause a clearance issue now that I think of it.  The rack mounts with a tab under the footpeg bracket.  They supply a small spacer the same thickness as the rack mount tab.  This moves the pillion pegs further away from the frame and could cause them to hit the Huzar mid pipe.

That tight clearance between the Huzar and the OEM pillion peg bracket is what caused me to have to remove my rear pegs to mount StegzPegs and my AS side racks.  The Stegz mount under the rear peg mount.

Since you have the Huzar, check your pillion peg clearance.  You could email OM and ask what thickness the tab and spacer is and mock up your own to see if there will be a clearance issue.

J

7 minutes ago, Goldentaco said:

I missed this in the video at 4:12 but this could cause a clearance issue now that I think of it.  The rack mounts with a tab under the footpeg bracket.  They supply a small spacer the same thickness as the rack mount tab.  This moves the pillion pegs further away from the frame and could cause them to hit the Huzar mid pipe.

That tight clearance between the Huzar and the OEM pillion peg bracket is what caused me to have to remove my rear pegs to mount StegzPegs and my AS side racks.  The Stegz mount under the rear peg mount.

Since you have the Huzar, check your pillion peg clearance.  You could email OM and ask what thickness the tab and spacer is and mock up your own to see if there will be a clearance issue.

J

interesting, I also run the steg pegz, the rally raid pillion mounts and still have the pillion pegs on - its a tight fit, I had to use low profile allen wrenches to tighten the bolts, and might have had to do some weirdness to get the bolts in originally, I can't remember 🙂 

With the camel tank i will say its a LOT of stuff to stack on the left side pilion, getting the order right was a PITA.

Mike

On 12/29/2020 at 10:29 AM, MikeCMP said:

Might have figured it out I guess - I found this

But making something up that would be similar would be pretty simple as well. 

I'm going with the 50cm pipe high and tight and this looks like the perfect solution to lowering my Tusk Tail Tidy blinkers. Thanks

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, are you guys that run the Huzar happy with the sound? I love the (lack off) sound on my OEM but like you I really dislike the position. 

Almost made the order several times already, but fear it's too noisy for my taste.

(please forgive me if if this is discussed somewhere else, i've been scrolling for ages)

• Like 1

Just now, Nighthawk said:

Hi, are you guys that run the Huzar happy with the sound? I love the (lack off) sound on my OEM but like you I really dislike the position. 

Almost made the order several times already, but fear it's too noisy for my taste.

(please forgive me if if this is discussed somewhere else, i've been scrolling for ages)

Sounds is pretty good, even with the DB killer in. As I was riding away from my buddies the one day, I head over the intercom "that bike sounds good" so it must sound good if my buddy thought so 🙂

#Science!!!

1 minute ago, MikeCMP said:

Sounds is pretty good, even with the DB killer in. As I was riding away from my buddies the one day, I head over the intercom "that bike sounds good" so it must sound good if my buddy thought so 🙂

#Science!!!

haha gotta be good #science

But would you say that it's noticeable louder than OEM?

1 minute ago, Nighthawk said:

haha gotta be good #science

But would you say that it's noticeable louder than OEM?

Probably a little louder but honestly, I can hardly tell most of the time, as I wear earplugs. If I am going slow enough or off road, I can hear it otherwise, wind noise and that covers it up. So if you want to to be super loud I don't think it will be, if you want it just to have a bit more bark, you will probably be happy. I could hardly tell the difference with the DB killer out, it was a little louder but still not extremely loud.

Having had a bike with a loud exhaust for a bit, I appreciate it being quiet, the loud droning of your own exhaust is exhausting (PUN!) after a while. 

Mike

5 minutes ago, MikeCMP said:

Probably a little louder but honestly, I can hardly tell most of the time, as I wear earplugs. If I am going slow enough or off road, I can hear it otherwise, wind noise and that covers it up. So if you want to to be super loud I don't think it will be, if you want it just to have a bit more bark, you will probably be happy. I could hardly tell the difference with the DB killer out, it was a little louder but still not extremely loud.

Having had a bike with a loud exhaust for a bit, I appreciate it being quiet, the loud droning of your own exhaust is exhausting (PUN!) after a while. 

Mike

alright, thanks a lot Mike. 

Guess I have to pour some more money on the bike

5 minutes ago, Nighthawk said:

alright, thanks a lot Mike. 

Guess I have to pour some more money on the bike

Bright side, the Huzzar exhaust is pretty reasonably priced. The only downside is it makes accessing the pillion peg blts on the exhaust side a bit of a pain due to the clearance.  Other than that I like it. 

doesn't seem loud at at all to me - can't say it is much louder than stock

With both DB killers installed it is very quiet.

Tenere 700 / Africa Twin / Goldwing / Super Tenere / WR250R / GS1000S / GT750 / H2 750

On 6/3/2021 at 9:31 PM, Mezekk said:

does anyone have ordered the new HP course set for high exhaust? 

HP Corse, scarichi speciali per moto made in Italy.

Yes, ordered two days ago, on the way to the States via FedEx right now.

0B254D23-441D-4384-885B-2E3D14C59FBF.jpeg

• Like 1

On 8/6/2021 at 2:22 PM, One Man Trail said:

Post a picture when you get it installed.  That looks like the best option so far. 

2 hours ago, Stujamur said:

Pipe done by Noel @ pipeworx yatala queensland Australia 

He cut hanger & made bracket 

708724AA-11AB-43E2-93D9-301219DD5FFE.jpeg

5F375D47-D2D1-42D2-A257-9ADF15A20ACB.jpeg

What did it end up costing you? 

6 minutes ago, Danot86 said:

What did it end up costing you? 

Well because he had not done one before there was more time involved so it cost me $650 aud ( but provided my own pipe ) 

now he has the template it will be a bit cheaper for others . 
also a camel set up delivered is about $800 and there was no stock , and I believe the black widow quality is pretty good . 
oh and no issue melting indicators

1 hour ago, Stujamur said:

Well because he had not done one before there was more time involved so it cost me $650 aud ( but provided my own pipe ) 

now he has the template it will be a bit cheaper for others . 
also a camel set up delivered is about $800 and there was no stock , and I believe the black widow quality is pretty good . 
oh and no issue melting indicators

Well if he ever considers selling the parts to the US, definitely let us know!

14 hours ago, loneranger700 said:

Well if he ever considers selling the parts to the US, definitely let us know!

You could email me them and ask

from what i gather post from oz to Usa is expensive which would not help 

13 minutes ago, Stujamur said:

You could email me them and ask

from what i gather post from oz to Usa is expensive which would not help 

Yeah you're probably right. Whatever it might be, man I doubt it's $800 like some other parts from Europe 🤔

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2021 at 11:35 PM, pscovolo@gmail. said:

Just arrived today and installed , fit perfect, very fast shipping , considering that comes from Poland. about 10 days seem very good quality. will see later. so far i amvery happy

IMG_8735.jpg

IMG_8724.jpg

how much did u pay?

On 8/6/2021 at 3:22 PM, One Man Trail said:

how much did u pay

• 5 weeks later...

On Sept 2nd I ordered the Huzar exhaust with the 50 cm muffler and corresponding head pipe.  It arrived in Hawaii on Sept 21 in great shape. The cost delivered was $246.91. As with everyone else, I emailed Huzar and they requested a payment via PayPal.

With this configuration the gases from the muffler exit well towards the back of the bike. The bike has a Camel Adventures tail tidy and Cyclops turn signals. With the CA tail tidy, the signals interfered with the muffler. I used a piece of 1/8” Aluminum angle stock, 1” wide that bolted to the license plate bolts to lower the signals. 

D8750D5F-4488-4F5A-B4BA-AAE33FC60E87.thumb.jpeg.ad86e88c3927fab6072eddbcf50c245a.jpeg97EADDF1-81D4-4E6A-8371-32293B8412AF.thumb.jpeg.da14a019e9768743893763fb68bd1d83.jpegI’ll probably replace my homemade brackets with the Yoshimura Universal Turn Signal Bracket Kit High mount when I can find them. Overall I’m very happy with the fit, finish and sound of the Huzar system. The bike sounds deeper and more aggressive, and I’m just running the factory installed db killer, with the extra one left out. There is some blurbing during deceleration.

• Like 1

On 5/2/2021 at 4:47 AM, Kruik013 said:

Also got the exhaust, sounds pretty good.

Made a custom bracket for the muffler because it didn't fit with the HEED crashbar. 

Also made a heatshield for the blinker while waiting to get the camel ADV tailtidy delivered. Don't want to get the indicator melted.

20210501_200611.jpg

Hey there!  I'm looking at the Huzar exhaust, and also have the Heed rear bars.  Can you share a couple pics up close at how you managed the mount?  

I have been trying to sort out the exhaust decision, but I am seeing conflicting info on the muffler and pipe lengths. I understand that the long can will come with the short pipe. But does anyone have pictures of the short muffler with the long pipe? I feel like we need a set of 3 pics: Long muffler/short pipe (standard on Huzar website), Short muffler/long pipe, Short muffler/short pipe. If you have one of those combos, can you post a pic and state what you have? Thanks! 

I posed the question to Huzar this morning and got an immediate response that they only have one pipe and it is the same regardless of which muffler you get. That makes sense, as why would anyone want a shorter muffler that comes with a longer pipe and ends up being the same length as their standard system?