Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

High Exhaust, is it ok? anyone try one yet? Ever hear of Huzar exhausts?

Tazmool

On 5/17/2021 at 1:51 PM, Baramon said:

So is it possible to use it with cyclops light without melting them and if what’s optimal length for the muffler 40 or 50?

I ordered the standard 50cm muffler kit. I have a Camel Adventures tail tidy with Cyclops signals. The muffler exited too close to the right signal, causing the signal to raise slightly.

I tried to find a Yoshimura high mount universal turn signal bracket, as that would have been an excellent solution. But I could only find the mid mount kit. (Except from Yoshimura directly, but the shipping costs to my location is double the kit costs.)

So I got a piece of 1” aluminum angle, and cut it to fit. Drilled holes to match license plate holder and side holes for the signals. It worked ok, but wished I’d had made it longer going up, to mount the signals higher. Also I would’ve like to mount the reflectors there as well.

For now I put the reflectors in the Camel Adventure hole where the original location of the Cyclops signals were. Probably won’t pass my next safety inspection though.6EFF56DA-B23B-4D3A-A788-FB3C5466143B.thumb.jpeg.822edcf4ea889a0ceba266087f0c7a91.jpeg532E8D36-C008-4488-9979-930046ADA7A8.thumb.jpeg.0a418f93b6444920bea9bc75aae9b413.jpeg

• Like 1

Finally got my HP Corse high exhaust delivered to me after 2 months of waiting. Very happy with the result.

Installing was very easy, no need to drill holes or make modifications.

Just unscrew the two right side screws of the number plate holder and install a small bracket that comes with the can.

Sound wise also very nice, a bit more boom in the low rev ranges but certainly not too loud.

One thing to note though: Stock indicator with stock tail tidy will melt the indicator. Temporarly slapped some heat reflective tape on it while I wait for my new tail tidy kit 🙂

20211001_133955925_iOS.jpg

20211001_133939109_iOS.jpg

20211001_133931044_iOS.jpg

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just about ready to choose the Huzar with a 400 mm can. 

But first maybe some feedback from the tenere700.net wealth of expereience.

So to guys like @Leojb  @brianq103  @Bighopper  @Stener  @JayD @LoganC135  @Alec  @DNJohnson  what is your take on the short muffler now you've had it a while?

Holds up?   Not too loud?  No problem installing a spark arrester?

Db killers . . . what did you do there?

You'd recommend this setup ?  Any ifs or buts?

Oh and. Has anyone replaced the packing in one of these mufflers yet? Any issues?

:

• Like 1

Hey guys, I just picked up my new T7 last week but while I was waiting for it to come in I watched just about every video and read every review possible regarding aftermarket parts and modifications. A company called Mobbed Up Designs had made a new mid-pipe and reworked the existing exhaust can bracket to accept several different cans, their end result was a solid fix in my opinion, I just emailed Dennis (the owner of MUD) and he replied that they had made about 40 of the systems and were done fabrication of these. He did say that if the demand was there and he had time this winter that he would possibly make more, I am hoping they do because I really liked their design. 
Nick

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nickthedick said:

Hey guys, I just picked up my new T7 last week but while I was waiting for it to come in I watched just about every video and read every review possible regarding aftermarket parts and modifications. A company called Mobbed Up Designs had made a new mid-pipe and reworked the existing exhaust can bracket to accept several different cans, their end result was a solid fix in my opinion, I just emailed Dennis (the owner of MUD) and he replied that they had made about 40 of the systems and were done fabrication of these. He did say that if the demand was there and he had time this winter that he would possibly make more, I am hoping they do because I really liked their design. 
Nick

The problem with their approach is you have to use the Leo Vince header and cut part of the frame like the Camel ADV approach.  I just bought a $10k bike.  I'm not hacking parts of the frame off just so I can fit a different exhaust.

Now lets get to the price.  $389 for LV Header, $200 for M.U.D. midpipe ( still need a can), or $400 for a can and midpipe.  Their website is difficult to sort out exact cost since it's all still showing Sold Out and the drop down menus are a little vague.

Either way you're into this for $500 or $700.  Or you can get the Huzar for $250 shipped to your door, you don't void your warranty because your frame is intact and the products are actually in stock.  ( Ok ordering is still a bit of an "Exercise in diplomacy") but pricing is straight forward.

J

• Like 5

On 10/12/2021 at 12:56 AM, one wheel drive said:

So to guys like @Leojb  @brianq103  @Bighopper  @Stener  @JayD @LoganC135  @Alec  @DNJohnson  what is your take on the short muffler now you've had it a while?

Oh and. Has anyone replaced the packing in one of these mufflers yet? Any issues?

:

I bought the short midpipe and short muffler and installed it with the rear db killer and a homemade spark arrestor (see my earlier posts if interested).  Pretty happy with the system, but its a bit too loud for my taste.  I also find the burbling/backfiring during low speed deceleration really annoying.  I keep meaning to try installing the 2nd db killer, but havent gotten around to it yet.   Overall i still think its a great system for the price.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Leojb said:

I bought the short midpipe and short muffler and installed it with the rear db killer and a homemade spark arrestor (see my earlier posts if interested).  Pretty happy with the system, but its a bit too loud for my taste.  I also find the burbling/backfiring during low speed deceleration really annoying.  I keep meaning to try installing the 2nd db killer, but havent gotten around to it yet.   Overall i still think its a great system for the price.

If you are getting a lot of backfiring, check for exhaust leaks at the connections. A leak in the connections can let air into the pipe during deaccelration and create a backfire or pop. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Liquidape said:

If you are getting a lot of backfiring, check for exhaust leaks at the connections. A leak in the connections can let air into the pipe during deaccelration and create a backfire or pop. 

Thanks for the suggestion.  I'll definitely look into that

Similar to A Series of Unfortunate Events, my build was rather hap hazard instead of a well executed planned operation. I bought an unused Camel Adventure Tail tidy kit and ordered Cyclops signals. I then added Adventure Spec  side  and rear racks. It all went together well.

Then I added a Huzar exhaust with 50cm muffler. The pipe and muffler fit well.  But the turn signals were doomed. I wanted to buy a universal signal relocate bracket,  but it was mostly out of stock. To compound the situation, I needed to maintain the side reflectors, I have to retain a safety sticker plate below the license plate, and I am unwilling to give up my dual helmet locks attached to the license plate.

I started out with 1” aluminum angle stock, but it wasn’t wide enough to push the side reflectors out past the license plate. The second set I made with  1.5” aluminum angle stock. I cut/ground/sanded it to a desired shape. Which took forever as I’m not a skilled machinist, just a farm boy with big ideas. But at least it turned out looking better that two pieces of angle stock bolted on. Hopefully this will help someone with the after market exhausts conflict with the turn signals.

or….. Welcome to my Untidy Tail Tidy Build 

711E1B7C-06F3-46BF-B532-08358E314C83.thumb.jpeg.f99b0a388ce5883ece138eb10238c209.jpeg4BBBA406-D159-4E3D-8304-C8BFB4999A33.thumb.jpeg.94e5e7ca30a04ea4176ef3ae552ed3c6.jpeg

21449172-3A81-48A1-A845-D7A7978419E4.thumb.jpeg.9f6002251fea5e1bfd6ccc29414e9c92.jpeg04F78350-8FE9-4280-AA5C-F4821E6F0D4E.thumb.jpeg.b4094985d13c93fd16dc27dee0623fba.jpeg

Edited by Bmp4510
Pictures
  • Like 4

On 10/13/2021 at 5:17 AM, Nickthedick said:

Nick

Their design looks interesting, but the site is confusing where it says you need to use a decat header.  But then they show a pic which looks like it has their pipe connected to a stock cat.

153824812_T7mobbeduppipe.thumb.jpeg.6204f72f9437dee4748d74f8294282ee.jpeg

The bend there at the mid pipe to cat connection looks tighter than the Huzar . . . which is one of my beefs with the Huzar. I'd prefer some longer radius turns for clean flow.

:

• Like 1

@Bmp4510 that’s the least of your worries. Hawaii? We’re all coming to yours for Christmas. 🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺. Inaugural t700 annual rally. 🤘😎hope you got space. 

• Haha 1

Your welcome to come over. House is too small to accommodate guests, but bring a tent. I got 10 acres to camp on. Oh and rain gear. We go 6” Monday, 4” Tuesday, 2”Wednesday……..

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bmp4510 said:

Your welcome to come over. House is too small to accommodate guests, but bring a tent. I got 10 acres to camp on. Oh and rain gear. We go 6” Monday, 4” Tuesday, 2”Wednesday……..

Maybe you should come to Wales instead. ☃️ Sound like you’ve got our weather

I ordered a 50cm Huzar system on 10/2/21.  It shipped from Warsaw on 10/7/21 and just arrived in New York Customs yesterday 10/14/21.   I'm hoping to get it here on the west coast sometime next week -- assuming it doesn't spend a week in customs.   How long have others taken to get through US customs?

This is the last farkel, except a tail rack, to install.    Just finishing up with Koso Apolo heated grips, Barkbusters and a hardwired GARMIN Montana cradle.

I order mine on 9/3/21 and received it on 9/21/21. But it did have to travel to Hawaii so I’d assume it would get to the mainland quicker.

BMP4510

Less than 3 weeks from ordering to delivery I think is very good.   I'm doubting that mine will arrive within that time frame.  But looking forward to tucking the muffler inside of the hanger.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2021 at 12:56 AM, one wheel drive said:

:

I received mine today (400mm), dry fit it, and fired it up.20211015_160400.thumb.jpg.7265410a0240704de7a78bb2546fc0e1.jpg

I'm mounting it under my Heed rear crash bars.  This does put it *directly* in line with the stock indicators, but I've got a tail tidy on the way so... Eh.  

Sound: sounds excellent, great lower raspy growl.  I have the inner baffle in, but tried both in and out and couldn't discern any real difference in the sound.   

As to volume, very much comparable to the stock pipe.  Definitely quieter than the stock pipe with the spark arrestor removed!

Putting it in and removing the stock exhaust was trivially easy, though because I'm mounting to the Heed bars, I didn't have to cut plastics.  Old exhaust slipped off, new pipe and can slip on, one bracket and bolt attach to the original hanger and hold the pipe.  

Absolutely fantastic for a mere $200.  Really great.

Edited by Wintersdark
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, NWrider said:

BMP4510

Less than 3 weeks from ordering to delivery I think is very good.   I'm doubting that mine will arrive within that time frame.  But looking forward to tucking the muffler inside of the hanger.

Mine, to Canada, was ordered Oct 1, shipped Oct 4, and received Oct 15th.  That's pretty damn good in my books.

That's amazing.   Must have breezed right through customs.  At least it's being sent via USPS and not FEDEX -- who over promises shipping times and under delivers.  

• Like 1

On 10/16/2021 at 3:35 AM, Wintersdark said:

I received mine today (400mm), dry fit it, and fired it up.20211015_160400.thumb.jpg.7265410a0240704de7a78bb2546fc0e1.jpg

I'm mounting it under my Heed rear crash bars.  This does put it *directly* in line with the stock indicators, but I've got a tail tidy on the way so... Eh.  

Sound: sounds excellent, great lower raspy growl.  I have the inner baffle in, but tried both in and out and couldn't discern any real difference in the sound.   

As to volume, very much comparable to the stock pipe.  Definitely quieter than the stock pipe with the spark arrestor removed!

Putting it in and removing the stock exhaust was trivially easy, though because I'm mounting to the Heed bars, I didn't have to cut plastics.  Old exhaust slipped off, new pipe and can slip on, one bracket and bolt attach to the original hanger and hold the pipe.  

Absolutely fantastic for a mere $200.  Really great.

@Wintersdark is that the standard Huzar pipe for the 400 mm can, or the shorter one intended for the 500 mm can?

Near as I can see, everyone has ordered the short pipe . . . or there are no pics of a longer pipe, even on the Huzar website.

Can anyone show a pic of the 400 with its longer pipe?

:

3 hours ago, one wheel drive said:

@Wintersdark is that the standard Huzar pipe for the 400 mm can, or the shorter one intended for the 500 mm can?

Near as I can see, everyone has ordered the short pipe . . . or there are no pics of a longer pipe, even on the Huzar website.

Can anyone show a pic of the 400 with its longer pipe?

:

There is no longer pipe.  Maybe there was, but there isn't now: When you order, you choose which muffler and you get this pipe.  There's no mention of a longer pipe at all.

• Thanks 1

On 4/29/2021 at 5:08 PM, sracer said:

Here's a shot of the Huzar to which I've added the Fisch spark arrestor making it USFS legal. I've got the longer can on this and Amazon LED signals....after 500+ miles, no melting - click to see the larger  image

Happen to remember which size Fisch you ordered? Still using and liking it?

Thanks

12 hours ago, Adrenolin said:

Happen to remember which size Fisch you ordered? Still using and liking it?

Thanks

no complaints 40mm 

fis_21_spa_arr-2022410005.jpg

*Measure BEFORE ordering. *Universal muffler fitment (as long as tail pipe is round) *Perfect for Dirt Bikes, ATVs, Enduro and other round tailpipes. *Will fit any circular exhaust with a tail pipe inside diameter from...

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Spike4379 said:

Can I ask why people are going this route instead of the Camel ADV way?

• price
  • shipping cost (depending on location)
  • no need to cut the frame, just a hole in the plastics

Destinationworld.be - Journeys... not just travels | Discoveroverland.eu - Inspiring overland travel meetings