Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

High Exhaust, is it ok? anyone try one yet? Ever hear of Huzar exhausts?

Tazmool

With credit to @mpatch's post on page 9 of this thread, I fitted the heat shield this morning to the mid-pipe using two hose clamps, with a hole drilled in each, to capture nuts for the OEM hardware. Now the entire Huzar installation is completed.

20220102_090636.thumb.jpg.e312c8c6726821ad5b5943261543f767.jpg20220102_090648.thumb.jpg.8b2b6b2d7ba3dcc1c380682f48ee8c35.jpg20220102_090737.thumb.jpg.75b8ee143915eae8636f63a0a83105a3.jpg.

• Like 5

I got to take an 80 mile ride yesterday to check out my new Huzar installation. With the great fitting earplugs I always wear when riding, and just like with the stock exhaust I could hear/noticed nothing except when accelerating with the Huzar. Rolling on the throttle from 4k or 5k RPM I could hear a bit of a snarl from the Huzar (40 cm can with both dB killers installed) but once in steady state cruising - nothing. A slight bit of snarl on decel from higher RPMs also.

Twice I rode past the farm down the road where my wife was grooming her horse in the pasture about 200 feet away, and I accelerated past there once. She saw me both times, and when I asked her later she said she really didn't notice any noise either time and she is very attuned to motorcycle exhaust noise.

Mission accomplished!

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/26/2022 at 8:01 AM, Kalle said:

Any solution where I could use the current slip on? 2021 Rally Akra.

You could really use any muffler you want with the Huzar link pipe, as long as the pipe size is compatible.  I measured my link pipe above for someone else, if you go back a couple pages the measurements are there.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/2/2022 at 9:21 AM, jdub53 said:

With credit to @mpatch's post on page 9 of this thread, I fitted the heat shield this morning to the mid-pipe using two hose clamps, with a hole drilled in each, to capture nuts for the OEM hardware. Now the entire Huzar installation is completed.

20220102_090636.thumb.jpg.e312c8c6726821ad5b5943261543f767.jpg20220102_090648.thumb.jpg.8b2b6b2d7ba3dcc1c380682f48ee8c35.jpg20220102_090737.thumb.jpg.75b8ee143915eae8636f63a0a83105a3.jpg.

Quoting myself here, but I realized the other day during the first longer ride I've been able to take following the heel heat shield installation that it wasn't going to work for me. When sliding my feet back on the pegs for twisties, etc., the distance the shield stuck out from the Huzar mid-pipe was just too far for my comfort when my heel contacted it.

Bought some titanium-colored exhaust wrap at Advance Auto; it matches the pipe well and no more heel contact issues.

20220218_111347.thumb.jpg.83b7d9a6b55db12ac00188bc6cae5680.jpg

• Like 1

I always wonder if that wrap doesn't destroy the pipes.
They must hold dirt and water will evaporate when you ride but overnight it picks up rain or condensation.
Even stainless has it's limits.

I’ll let you know. I get 140”-160” of rain here. With the motor on, obviously it’s hot and moisture doesn’t collect. I park mine in a carport with open sides, so the rain doesn’t directly hit the bike, but often have 90%+ humidity. My wrap is made of some synthetic material with lava built in. So it never feels moist or damp. But when she does rust out I’ll post it.

5 hours ago, Ray Ride4life said:

I always wonder if that wrap doesn't destroy the pipes.
They must hold dirt and water will evaporate when you ride but overnight it picks up rain or condensation.
Even stainless has it's limits.

Wondering the same thing myself as I've never used it before, but it apparently is pretty popular in many different applications. I guess I'll find out, but it worked great here for my purpose.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, jdub53 said:

Quoting myself here, but I realized the other day during the first longer ride I've been able to take following the heel heat shield installation that it wasn't going to work for me. When sliding my feet back on the pegs for twisties, etc., the distance the shield stuck out from the Huzar mid-pipe was just too far for my comfort when my heel contacted it.

Bought some titanium-colored exhaust wrap at Advance Auto; it matches the pipe well and no more heel contact issues.

20220218_111347.thumb.jpg.83b7d9a6b55db12ac00188bc6cae5680.jpg

2 hours ago, jdub53 said:

Wondering the same thing myself as I've never used it before, but it apparently is pretty popular in many different applications. I guess I'll find out, but it worked great here for my purpose.

I've used it very many times over many bikes.  It's bad if you park a bike for a long time with it wrapped up where it can be moist (see: that old bike that sits in someone's yard) but even over spans of 5-10 years on a bike you're actually riding it's fine.  And this is the perspective of someone who's riding in literal brine in the winter.  It will tarnish the surface for sure, but frankly that's going to happen no matter what you do anyways. 

Way I look at it, the whole system is ~$250.  If you need to replace the link pipe in 7 years, probably for about $100, who cares.  People pay that for a tiny bracket to adjust the windshield. 

• Like 3

Thanks to all you guys i went for it and installed the short huzar. 
Very happy with it so far, and sounds better, but not louder.

As long as it's cold enough outside the original blinkers survive the heat 🙂
I'm thinking about replacing the heelpiece with wrap.

IMG_20220216_154306389_HDR-2.thumb.jpg.164f5d33af52fd3be0f030b0a7645d3a.jpg

Edited by nolman
  • Like 7

Got my 40cm pipe installed today. I made a longer bracket to lower the pipe 1/2" so it cleared my turn signals better with the camel adv tail tidy. With the decible killer removed, its pretty loud but made a weird noise with it in. I havent tried it with the round piece installed on the front side opening  yet.

20220222_134428.jpg

• Like 2

On 2/22/2022 at 1:37 PM, S.Ga.Rider said:

Got my 40cm pipe installed today. I made a longer bracket to lower the pipe 1/2" so it cleared my turn signals better with the camel adv tail tidy. With the decible killer removed, its pretty loud but made a weird noise with it in. I havent tried it with the round piece installed on the front side opening  yet.

20220222_134428.jpg

The round piece ("Second baffle" it's often referred to as in the thread above) removes that weird noise when you're coming off the throttle.  IMHO (and obviously personal opinions are going to vary) you want to either run with both baffles in, or neither: with just the end baffle that harsh noise off throttle is very annoying.  YMMV, but I'd recommend giving it a go with that one in.

9 minutes ago, Wintersdark said:

The round piece ("Second baffle" it's often referred to as in the thread above) removes that weird noise when you're coming off the throttle.  IMHO (and obviously personal opinions are going to vary) you want to either run with both baffles in, or neither: with just the end baffle that harsh noise off throttle is very annoying.  YMMV, but I'd recommend giving it a go with that one in.

I installed the 2nd baffle and its much quiter. Im going to leave it that way for now.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2021 at 6:44 AM, Svadilfare said:

Finally got my HP Corse high exhaust delivered to me after 2 months of waiting. Very happy with the result.

Installing was very easy, no need to drill holes or make modifications.

Just unscrew the two right side screws of the number plate holder and install a small bracket that comes with the can.

Sound wise also very nice, a bit more boom in the low rev ranges but certainly not too loud.

One thing to note though: Stock indicator with stock tail tidy will melt the indicator. Temporarly slapped some heat reflective tape on it while I wait for my new tail tidy kit 🙂

20211001_133931044_iOS.jpg

Found a deal on the HP Corse pipe I couldn't refuse. Its here now, not mounted up yet.

Couple questions for you @Svadilfare or anyone else has this pipe.

What tail tidy did you find that solves the problem with blinker position?

Also the paper that comes with, says warranty void if you remove the silencer. I wasn't planning on doing that. But looking thru the pipe, its wide open. No baffle, no silencer disk.

Just a thru pipe with a bend at the end. Does anyone else have a silencer on this pipe? What am I missing? Is it the tip configuration?

Anyone put a spark arrester on? What did you use?

:

41 minutes ago, one wheel drive said:

Found a deal on the HP Corse pipe I couldn't refuse. Its here now, not mounted up yet.

Also the paper that comes with, says warranty void if you remove the silencer. I wasn't planning on doing that. But looking thru the pipe, its wide open. No baffle, no silencer disk.

Just a thru pipe with a bend at the end. Does anyone else have a silencer on this pipe? What am I missing? Is it the tip configuration?

:

I have the HPcorse too. There was no silencer with it. Probably the insert in the outlet tip is. But i found it not too loud, it has a nice brooom.

I made an adjustment to the oem tail. Took it all off, bend the first plastic part with a heatgun to less bend, so the licenseplate is more vertical. Then i cut off a part where the indicaters are on and fitted it on the bended plastic part. Right indicator is 1 cm above hpcorse outlet, but this is not getting hot, so no melting.

IMG_20211123_103303622.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, one wheel drive said:

:

Installed this one in my Huzar 

fis_21_spa_arr-2022410001.jpg

*Measure BEFORE ordering. *Universal muffler fitment (as long as tail pipe is round) *Perfect for Dirt Bikes, ATVs, Enduro and other round tailpipes. *Will fit any circular exhaust with a tail pipe...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Kalle said:

That looks higher?

tarres.JPG

rally.JPG

Good catch, definitely looks like the mounting point on the subframe is shorter. I just took a look at my 2022 and it’s the same as the bottom picture you shared. Wonder has Pol got some custom work or perhaps testing this change for Yamaha 

Edited by Jason

Has anyone tried the sw-motech drybag 700 tail bag with the high mount exhaust? Wondering if it will contact the muffler. I'll be installing the camel adv minimalist rear rack to use as a mounting point.

https://fortnine.ca/en/sw-motech-drybag-700-tail-bag-bc-wpb-00-021-10000

@Cougar Bait... Your moniker cracked me up!

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

On 3/30/2022 at 1:10 PM, Jason said:

Good catch, definitely looks like the mounting point on the subframe is shorter. I just took a look at my 2022 and it’s the same as the bottom picture you shared. Wonder has Pol got some custom work or perhaps testing this change for Yamaha 

MIV-T700-H-SI-MIVV-Endschalldaempfer-DAK

High-mounted DAKAR Rallye Style silencer from MIVV for the Yamaha Tenere 700.   Great look, nice sound and a bit more power. Good reasons for…

Was on sale. I will do enduro and a pitty to destroy the akra.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 5/18/2021 at 7:05 PM, PFK13 said:

I posted this on FB Tenere page.  This was my solution after tipping my bike over in garage and bending the exhaust bracket.  The mid pipe and muffler is about 3lbs maybe 4lbs at best.   Still debating on the short muffler.  I am running a DB killer between the mid pipe and muffler and I also made a spark arrestor with some old spark arrestor screen I had from past bike.  Sounds great, no popping and save a lot of weight.  Oh no welding either

IMG_20210424_114404176.jpg

IMG_20210424_142018443.jpg

So is this homemade or???  I love the simple midpipe sweep, can I buy one?

• 2 months later...
On 5/1/2021 at 6:46 PM, sracer said:

Took the nut and bolt out of the can insert, then shoved the spark arrestor in it and marked the spark arrestor through the hole. Drilled the spark arrestor, put it back together. Figured it won't come out with a through bolt -better than the grub screws that come with the arrestor. Easy.

Sracer, 

Thank you for posting this. I have the Huzar and the Fisch Kit 40. I tried to fit it, then started over thinking it with the small set screws….imagining taking it to a fabricator, etc. I’m looking forward to employing your simple solution. Cheers!

On a separate but related note, am I in for melting in the near future? I have the Camel ADV blinkers, but I think they hang in the same neighborhood as the OEM blinkers.

69DD0DDB-A52A-43B8-8B70-7DDD5ACA6C73.jpeg

F0D1F4A1-24AF-4820-9809-ABFE52CECA01.jpeg

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Zebco Kid said:

Sracer, 

Thank you for posting this. I have the Huzar and the Fisch Kit 40. I tried to fit it, then started over thinking it with the small set screws….imagining taking it to a fabricator, etc. I’m looking forward to employing your simple solution. Cheers!

On a separate but related note, am I in for melting in the near future? I have the Camel ADV blinkers, but I think they hang in the same neighborhood as the OEM blinkers.

69DD0DDB-A52A-43B8-8B70-7DDD5ACA6C73.jpeg

F0D1F4A1-24AF-4820-9809-ABFE52CECA01.jpeg

I have the Tusk Tail Tidy and the exhaust was a little too close to the LEDs so I used piece off an old tail tidy and lowered them a n inch or so.