Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Do you still plan on getting a Tenere 700?

Cruizin

Are you getting a Tenere 700?  

376 members have voted

1. 1. Are you getting a Tenere 700

• Yes, when Yamaha decides to actually let me I will get one
    • No, they lost my business on this bike
    • Not sure yet, waiting for other's reviews
    • I just came to vote for beer and titties

March delivery in VA (Romney Cycles) now pushed out to an unspecified date.  I believe the sales person as have purchased from them before and they are straight up.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...

You'd think Yamaha would revisit their marketing malfunction and court the people who signed up the first time. Then again, maybe they don't have enough apologies in the entire company to cover it.

I've gotten too old to wait. T7 is off the list.

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought one yesterday from the Yamaha dealer in Shawnee, Oklahoma (I had bought an FJR from them about 5 years ago, so not a regular customer). They seem to have a steady supply coming in and a lot of customers buying?

The OKC dealer said best they could do was late May or Early June when I enquired two weeks ago. When I went to the Shawnee dealer the next day, they said they had one coming from the warehouse in Texas and I could have it.  They had it ready one week later, but had to wait a couple days for the centerstand I ordered with it to come in.

Not sure how I got one so quick, but very happy I did. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I called my local motorcycle shop here in The Netherlands and asked if they could get me a Tenere 700. I ordered the bike end of febuary. End of may it was in mijn garage...

Guess I got lucky. At the right time in the right place.

• Like 1

My patience has been rewarded!  After almost 5 months to the day, my T7 was delivered!  After my first short, hour long ride of gravel, rough country pavement, and a 10 mile stretch of 4 lane US highway, I am a very happy old man.  The wait was worth it--I'm happy to state!

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Just put a deposit down for one here in Southwest Florida. Late May delivery. 

• Like 1

I called a local dealer (last Wednesday) right after the one they had was sold. The owner told me there was another in the pipeline and it was expected in May.  A $500 deposit would hold it. I couldn't make it there by the weekend so the next day they were open was today. I went in and it was too late.  They took a deposit on it Friday...

The next order cycle is June 7.  He said once they order, they are advised on what is available and when they are expected. Different colors come at different times.  Last time he requested 15 and got 2. The regional manager told him there were only 22 for the entire region.   I put a deposit down for the 06/07 order and will get the first one.  - Don't know when.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’m currently deployed in Iraq and I knew supply was scarce and demand was high and the likelihood of finding one when I get home was low.  I put out 24 emails to dealers in 3 states and only one dealer responded.  A sold unit deal fell through and was available.  He made a very fair deal, no haggle, and I wired the money.  Now I have a bike I won’t see for at least another month, but at least I have one.

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...

Picked mine up today! Ordered Feb 9, so about a 3-1/2 month wait. Already can tell this bike is amazing, feels much lighter than I thought, well-balanced etc. Super happy camper.

awesome straight shooting dealership,  no games and fair price.

For those still waiting patiently, it’s worth the wait, don’t compromise on another bike!

• Like 3

I've wanted a T7 since I first saw the concept bike on the interwebs!  Stopped my my local dealer two weeks ago, the same dealer I had purchased my KLR650 from, and told my salesman that I was ready to pull the trigger on a Tenere 700.  He said they had a couple coming in June and that one wasn't spoken for yet.  I put a deposit on it and now I impatiently wait for it to show up while I do reviews online for what accessories I want.

-Coop-

• Like 4

On 4/27/2021 at 7:36 PM, Shenzi105 said:

Just put a deposit down for one here in Southwest Florida. Late May delivery. 

Did it arrive late may as promised?

15 hours ago, Dan M said:

Did it arrive late may as promised?

Nope, nothing yet. I called last Sunday to check in, still nothing and no better idea. Promised to call as soon as they have news. 

• Like 1

On 6/7/2021 at 6:17 AM, Shenzi105 said:

Nope, nothing yet. I called last Sunday to check in, still nothing and no better idea. Promised to call as soon as they have news. 

Thanks for the info.

I checked the status of my order today.  June order cycle - expected August or September.  We will see.

Mine is coming in August.

So happy to have all this time to browse the accessory catalogs.  I mean, you need these accessories. You tell yourself, these are the last crashbars I will ever need in my life. Buy the crashbars, then for a couple years you're satisfied that no matter what goes wrong, at least you've got your crashbar issue handled. Then the right tail-tidy. Then the perfect bashplate.  The footpegs, the rear luggage rack.  Then you’re trapped on your lovely ride and the things you used to own, now they own you. 

(If Tyler Durden had ridden he would have been happier)

Edited by cyberpvnk
Clarification
  • Sad 2

Looks like I might get lucky this week. 

I am definitely going to change tires (more off-roads, then on-), new pegs, tail light. Will see how I feel about the handlebars. 

just made my monthly call to see when my bike would be coming in. The order was placed in Feb with a March receiving date. That went to April, June and now was just told November !!!!!  WOW kind of a joke don't you think?

• Sad 3

40 minutes ago, kainic said:

The order was placed in Feb

Same here, placed order in February.... Not much we can do but wait. Yamaha and the dealers would love to be pumping bikes out and selling them but some penny pinching manager in the "Just in Time" supply chain couldn't look beyond what they told him in his college classes.

• Like 1

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

I guess so. Perhaps its time to look for another bike?  Who knows whether they will even make the Nov date.

• 2 weeks later...

Got mine 7/1/2021... dude from Carolina Powersports called me outta the blue, said the guy who put down a deposit balked and I was next on the list... WHAMMO! Matte Black 2021 taken home and ridden 110 mile shakedown! WOW whatta bike! Now... gotta get that suspension tuned for my 240 lb frame. PS: My handlebars were slightly crooked... took them 2 times in the service bay to get it right... didn't notice it until I rode it AT THE DEALER so make sure yours are installed correctly. Great folks there in Charleston!  -GO GAMECOCKS! [Looking for other SC T7 riders]

Edited by Gamecock
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Gamecock said:

Got mine 7/1/2021... dude from Carolina Powersports called me outta the blue, said the guy who put down a deposit balked and I was next on the list... WHAMMO! Matte Black 2021 taken home and ridden 110 mile shakedown! WOW whatta bike! Now... gotta get that suspension tuned for my 240 lb frame. PS: My handlebars were slightly crooked... took them 2 times in the service bay to get it right... didn't notice it until I rode it AT THE DEALER so make sure yours are installed correctly. Great folks there in Charleston!  -GO GAMECOCKS! [Looking for other SC T7 riders]

Way to go!

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Just spoke to my dealer.  He placed my order on 6/30, which was the cut off for 2021 orders (according to him).  Latest update, they cancelled his order for 2021's and told him to reorder 2022's-  but they are not available in the system yet.  Supposedly later this month. 

I wanted to share my T7 purchase story, as I learned through trial and error what did and didn't work. Like many of you, I added my name to a T7 order list with deposit at my local Yamaha dealer back in August of 2020. My bike was slated to be delivered in October. By October the order slid to November. By November it slid to January. By mid January, the order slid to March "due to factory insufficiencies ". By early March, still no bike and the factory told my delivery might be June. At that point the dealer agreed to give me back my deposit and cancel the order.  I really feel for the dealerships, as the factory treats them pretty poorly. 

At that time I looked on the Yamaha dealer inventory website and found that two bikes were slated to arrive in March at a small town dealership about 150 miles away. I called that dealership, found the bikes had arrived that morning and were just floor inventory. I purchased my bike over the phone that morning. I even got good deal!  I was stunned, as you would think orders with deposits would be serviced first.  That apparently is not how it works in the Yamaha factory to dealer world. It is all about dealer quotas and other strange metrics a buyer like me was unaware of.

The lesson I learned was that it is not worth your time to be added to a dealer waitlist. Simply look at the Yamaha factory dealer inventory page and see where bikes are being slated for delivery. Call those dealerships and you will likely find an unclaimed bike.

By the way, this bike is worth the wait. I absolutely love how well it rides on dirt, in the twisties, and even at highway speeds.          

• Like 3

On 8/19/2021 at 7:13 PM, Butter said:

The lesson I learned was that it is not worth your time to be added to a dealer waitlist. Simply look at the Yamaha factory dealer inventory page and see where bikes are being slated for delivery. Call those dealerships and you will likely find an unclaimed bike.

That seems like a good a method as any, except that until the selling dealer Warrantee Registers that T7 to its new owner, the bike still shows on Yamahas site.  I called 10 dealers j8st before, that came up as having one in inventory, and they were all sold, or had deposits on them from the beginning of the year.

Looks like I’ll just be waiting for a ‘22.  😉

For our Sins, 

Hoo Yaa..