Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Camel ADV T7 High Mount Exhaust

Camel ADV

7 hours ago, Daniel M said:

So I am looking to get one of the two high exhaust systems that camel ADV sells. I am about to do a long trip (Sweden to Nepal) and I wanna get this right.

I am having a Reckless 80 as a luggage setup and I just was told the T7 High Exhaust Kit - Rally Bend will fit without interfering or burning my luggage.

As I understand it the T7 High Exhaust - Enduro Bend also will do the job perfectly but you will have to cut of the passenger foot-pegs to fit the system- is this correct? Any way to restore it to original afterwards?

Whats the different between the two systems (Enduro vs Rally bend)? Any pros or cons?

So the only reason for me to change to an high exhaust kit is to avoid breaking the OEM system while putting the bike to the ground. I DO NOT wanna have a very loud muffler. Are the Scorpion or the camel muffler very loud?

greatfull for answers

know nothing about exhausts. but the passenger footpads can be removed easily without any cutting. Restore to original should be easy

• Like 2

• Supporting Vendor
On 4/9/2022 at 4:32 PM, Daniel M said:

So I am looking to get one of the two high exhaust systems that camel ADV sells. I am about to do a long trip (Sweden to Nepal) and I wanna get this right.

I am having a Reckless 80 as a luggage setup and I just was told the T7 High Exhaust Kit - Rally Bend will fit without interfering or burning my luggage.

As I understand it the T7 High Exhaust - Enduro Bend also will do the job perfectly but you will have to cut of the passenger foot-pegs to fit the system- is this correct? Any way to restore it to original afterwards?

Whats the different between the two systems (Enduro vs Rally bend)? Any pros or cons?

So the only reason for me to change to an high exhaust kit is to avoid breaking the OEM system while putting the bike to the ground. I DO NOT wanna have a very loud muffler. Are the Scorpion or the camel muffler very loud?

greatfull for answers

The passenger footpegs are bolt on so no cutting required.

Differences between the two systems: The Rally bend is compatible with the passenger pegs and most hard pannier racks, the Enduro system is not compatible with either. We designed the Enduro kit because some people prefer a flatter exhaust angle. People seem to love or hate our Rally bend. We wanted to give the people who don't like the angle an option for something more conventional.

Neither muffler is loud with their optional (included) db killer inserts installed. The Scorpion is a deeper, more mellow tone than the standard muffler. FYI, I hate loud exhausts.  

• Like 1

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

• 4 weeks later...

Surprise, surprise. I ordered a rally high exhaust a number of months ago and never got around to installing it.  Everything was wrapped and packaged up nice. 

Today, I opened everything up and what do you know, the enduro bend was in the box. I usually, open everything up upon receipt but not this time, lesson learned.

The lobster pipe was tough to get over the graphite ring but with a little muscle it went on.  

Oh well, I think it looks good regardless. 

image.jpeg.b6567af03486f7a00bef42c479f9a088.jpeg

Edited by kainic
  • Like 2

On 3/15/2022 at 5:14 PM, Camel ADV said:

Not a stupid question at all. We don't have install instructions for it, just a couple of photos on the product page.

Screen Shot 2022-03-15 at 3.12.21 PM.png

Ugh, stupid me. Just not my day.  Any difference if you point it the other way into the link pipe?  I am too lazy to unbolt if I don't have to.

• Supporting Vendor
20 minutes ago, kainic said:

Ugh, stupid me. Just not my day.  Any difference if you point it the other way into the link pipe?  I am too lazy to unbolt if I don't have to.

Nope, no difference either way.

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor
1 hour ago, kainic said:

Surprise, surprise. I ordered a rally high exhaust a number of months ago and never got around to installing it.  Everything was wrapped and packaged up nice. 

Today, I opened everything up and what do you know, the enduro bend was in the box. I usually, open everything up upon receipt but not this time, lesson learned.

The lobster pipe was tough to get over the graphite ring but with a little muscle it went on.  

Oh well, I think it looks good regardless. 

image.jpeg.b6567af03486f7a00bef42c479f9a088.jpeg

If you prefer a Rally Bend, we can swap it out. I don't know your real name or email address so I can't check your order. If you PM me that info, I'll have a look.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Camel ADV said:

If you prefer a Rally Bend, we can swap it out. I don't know your real name or email address so I can't check your order. If you PM me that info, I'll have a look.

As typical, outstanding response from you and Camel ADV!!

It seems to fit perfect with the most excellent RideADV racks and the look is growing on me 🙂. Its a keeper!

Edited by kainic
  • Like 4

On 5/9/2022 at 4:21 PM, kainic said:

As typical, outstanding response from you and Camel ADV!!

It seems to fit perfect with the most excellent RideADV racks and the look is growing on me 🙂. Its a keeper!

Agreed on the RideADV racks.  I have the high exhaust and it looks sweet.  

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor
12 hours ago, jontoptek said:

No other mods needed if fitting wings to the rally kit?

The Wings ID is 50mm and our pipe OD is 50.8mm. The Wings inlet has 3 slots so it will expand a bit to allow the slightly larger OD pipe in. It slides right in for some people and others have to fight with it a bit more to make it work.

We have Wings hanger/band clamp brackets here that are a direct fit for our set-up. They are made by Wings in Slovenia and save you having to cut down your existing bracket and redrill the hole. They are $55. They aren't listed on the site so you'll have to email or message me here to get one.

12 hours ago, Camel ADV said:

The Wings ID is 50mm and our pipe OD is 50.8mm. The Wings inlet has 3 slots so it will expand a bit to allow the slightly larger OD pipe in. It slides right in for some people and others have to fight with it a bit more to make it work.

We have Wings hanger/band clamp brackets here that are a direct fit for our set-up. They are made by Wings in Slovenia and save you having to cut down your existing bracket and redrill the hole. They are $55. They aren't listed on the site so you'll have to email or message me here to get one.

Copy thankyou

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone using version 1 with scorpion and T7 rally tail tidy with standard indicators? Wonder if it will melt them, or if this heat shield being close to the ehaust will make some unpleasant noise?

• 4 weeks later...

I have the enduro bend mid-pipe with the CamelADV muffler. With the dB killer installed,  I think it's quieter than the stock exhaust.

With the dB killer removed, it sounds fantastic! I have to be careful when leaving the neighborhood early in the morning, but it's not so loud that it's obnoxious. 

One thing I like about this configuration is that the diameter of the mid-pipe is larger than other high exhaust options, many of which look too restrictive to me. 

With the CamelADV tail tidy, the turn signals are not at all in the path of the hot exhaust gasses. 

@CamelADV hit a home run with this product in my opinion! 

Edited by Hollybrook
  • Like 3

On 1/27/2022 at 1:57 AM, Sigi said:

IMG_20220127_075351.jpg

IMG_20220127_075358.jpg

This was exactly what I was looking to find. Thanks

• Supporting Vendor
On 6/24/2022 at 3:17 PM, Hollybrook said:

I have the enduro bend mid-pipe with the CamelADV muffler. With the dB killer installed,  I think it's quieter than the stock exhaust.

With the dB killer removed, it sounds fantastic! I have to be careful when leaving the neighborhood early in the morning, but it's not so loud that it's obnoxious. 

One thing I like about this configuration is that the diameter of the mid-pipe is larger than other high exhaust options, many of which look too restrictive to me. 

With the CamelADV tail tidy, the turn signals are not at all in the path of the hot exhaust gasses. 

@CamelADV hit a home run with this product in my opinion! 

I'm glad to hear you're happy with it!

Has anyone run the Camel rally bend mid-pipe with the OEM stock muffler?  I assume this can be done? 

Edited by Seventh Son

• Moderators

@Seventh Son Fairly certain that the OEM muffler is not compatible with the Rally bend kit, but Cory @Camel ADV is good to respond to this thread, so he can confirm.  I'm really pleased with the kit with the included muffler, looks, sound and the great way it complements the lines of the bike.

• Like 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

6 hours ago, Seventh Son said:

Has anyone run the Camel rally bend mid-pipe with the OEM stock muffler?  I assume this can be done? 

All things are possible with a welder. Without one, not so much. 

• Supporting Vendor
7 hours ago, Seventh Son said:

The OEM muffler has a welded-on, small diameter link pipe. It isn't compatible with any high exhaust kit that I'm aware of.

Similar situation with the Yamaha provided Akrapovic muffler, the welded-on link pipe makes it unusable (without the customer having to TIG weld titanium).

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Camel ADV said:

The OEM muffler has a welded-on, small diameter link pipe. It isn't compatible with any high exhaust kit that I'm aware of.

Similar situation with the Yamaha provided Akrapovic muffler, the welded-on link pipe makes it unusable (without the customer having to TIG weld titanium).

I've heard videos of the Camel exhaust but haven't heard one in person.  How much louder is it than the OEM muffler?  I don't typically like loud exhausts.  I would like to get my muffler - whether I stay OEM or get an aftermarket one - out of the way of the swingarm.

Another thing I need to consider is whether the Camel high exhaust will be an issue with my aftermarket turn signal.  I did a DIY tail tidy and added aftermarket turn signals.  Not sure if mine is in the line of fire of a high exhaust. 

20220704_201326.jpg

Edited by Seventh Son

11 minutes ago, Seventh Son said:

I've heard videos of the Camel exhaust but haven't heard one in person.  How much louder is it than the OEM muffler?  I don't typically like loud exhausts.  I would like to get my muffler - whether I stay OEM or get an aftermarket one - out of the way of the swingarm.

Another thing I need to consider is whether the Camel high exhaust will be an issue with my aftermarket turn signal.  I did a DIY tail tidy and added aftermarket turn signals.  Not sure if mine is in the line of fire of a high exhaust. 

With the dB killer installed, I found it quieter than stock. It was so quiet that I had trouble hearing the exhaust over wind noise. 

Enduro bend with CamelADV tail tidy:

20220704_230017.jpg

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

@Seventh Son I'm in the same boat as you in not liking loud exhausts.  I don’t believe you'll be disappointed in the Camel offering as to me it's about the same sound as oem.  Having said that, below are some numbers regarding my install, keeping in mind, the dB readings were done with an Android phone app, so accuracy is subjective as is judging volumes.  The numbers suggest it is louder than oem, but I really can't tell that much of a difference.   

As far as your LED turn signal, you might stop my video at :05 to see if you can judge the height of the exhaust outlet as it relates to your tail tidy setup.  If you need some specific measurements,  let me know what reference points on my bike you want me to check and I'll get those for you.

Oem idle 65.5 dB, 5k 73.4 dB
Camel idle 69.0 dB, 5K 91.5
weight savings over oem = 4 lbs. 10 oz

https://youtu.be/0MjQqBnTOVA

• Thanks 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

3 hours ago, AZJW said:

@Seventh Son I'm in the same boat as you in not liking loud exhausts.  I don’t believe you'll be disappointed in the Camel offering as to me it's about the same sound as oem.  Having said that, below are some numbers regarding my install, keeping in mind, the dB readings were done with an Android phone app, so accuracy is subjective as is judging volumes.  The numbers suggest it is louder than oem, but I really can't tell that much of a difference.   

As far as your LED turn signal, you might stop my video at :05 to see if you can judge the height of the exhaust outlet as it relates to your tail tidy setup.  If you need some specific measurements,  let me know what reference points on my bike you want me to check and I'll get those for you.

Oem idle 65.5 dB, 5k 73.4 dB
Camel idle 69.0 dB, 5K 91.5
weight savings over oem = 4 lbs. 10 oz

https://youtu.be/0MjQqBnTOVA

Thank you John, this is very helpful.

When I have time later this week, I will take some measurements and post some pics of exactly where my turn signal is located. 

Edited by Seventh Son

Having been responsible for making product sound measurements in an anechoic chamber, even small differences in where the meter is located can lead to significant changes in results. 

I think that AZJW's measurements are quite helpful and probably more accurate than my perceptions.  Sound energy doubles every 3dB, but our perception of sound doubles every 10dB.  I question if the 90+ dB measurement is correct because that would indicate the CamelADV muffler with dB killer installed sounded 4X as loud as the stock muffler at 5,000 RPM.  That has not been my experience.   

I removed the dB killer on my exhaust because I do not find the level objectionable, but any louder and I would be making a change. 

• Like 2

To my ears the Camel rally pipe @ muffler are only mildly louder than stock but far from obnoxious with the DB killer left in. But it does sound far better. Cat swap for headers would no doubt increase noise too. That & the minimal high rev  power gains didn’t make Cat removal worth doing for me.

Not a fan of loud exhaust & the Camel options definitely aren’t.

• Like 2