Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Camel ADV T7 High Mount Exhaust

Camel ADV

Hi guys,

have fitted the new exhaust today. The quality of the parts from Camel ADV and WINGS are top!

Sound and style is awsome!

IMG_20211113_141059.thumb.jpg.4a4aaad2ff26d474d3c73622d7417900.jpg

• Like 4

• Supporting Vendor
10 hours ago, Sigi said:

Hi guys,

have fitted the new exhaust today. The quality of the parts from Camel ADV and WINGS are top!

Sound and style is awsome!

IMG_20211113_141059.thumb.jpg.4a4aaad2ff26d474d3c73622d7417900.jpg

The Wings definitely does look good on there!

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

@Camel ADV I would love to know what the verdict is on the Camel ADV high mount exhaust with Rally Raid panniers. I would buy this kit but I love my Rally Raid panniers and don’t want to part with them. Thanks! 

On 2/15/2021 at 7:12 AM, Seventh Son said:

Thanks Mike, appreciate the feedback.  I'm not in a hurry to replace my OEM exhaust, but ideally I'd like to get either a Wings can or the @Camel ADV high exhaust and make it work with the RR soft luggage racks.

@Seventh Son Wondering if you ever purchased the Camel high exhaust and if so, have you tried fitting with the RR soft luggage racks? Thanks

• Supporting Vendor
2 hours ago, Mr1Wilderness said:

@Camel ADV I would love to know what the verdict is on the Camel ADV high mount exhaust with Rally Raid panniers. I would buy this kit but I love my Rally Raid panniers and don’t want to part with them. Thanks! 

Lots of people have asked about compatibility with the RR set-up but I haven't heard any feedback about them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr1Wilderness said:

@Seventh Son Wondering if you ever purchased the Camel high exhaust and if so, have you tried fitting with the RR soft luggage racks? Thanks

Hi there.  No, I have not.  Just hasn't been a priority for me, and like @Camel ADV, I don't know anyone who's been able to confirm whether a high exhaust would be able to tuck under the RR racks without the need for any modding, which I'd prefer to avoid.  I also love the RR racks, and they're staying on my T7.

Edited by Seventh Son
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Camel ADV said:

Lots of people have asked about compatibility with the RR set-up but I haven't heard any feedback about them. 

Well darn! The Rally Raid rack does a good job providing support for the hanger but I have still been able to bend it into the swing arm. I will post my findings here if I end up purchasing. Thanks guys

• Like 2

@Camel ADV I just ordered the T7 high exhaust and I will report back here with compatibility results with Rally Raid soft luggage racks. 

• Like 6

• Supporting Vendor
14 hours ago, Mr1Wilderness said:

@Camel ADV I just ordered the T7 high exhaust and I will report back here with compatibility results with Rally Raid soft luggage racks. 

Appreciated!

It looks like this guy has a RR rack and camel high mount exhaust. Check out the Nov 9th post:

Edited by transalper

On 11/14/2021 at 12:24 PM, Seventh Son said:

Hi there.  No, I have not.  Just hasn't been a priority for me, and like @Camel ADV, I don't know anyone who's been able to confirm whether a high exhaust would be able to tuck under the RR racks without the need for any modding, which I'd prefer to avoid.  I also love the RR racks, and they're staying on my T7.

As pointed out- look at my post.  And I’ve got another post somewhere showing the clearances between exhaust and rack close up- plus what I did to the exhaust outlet to keep it off of my turn signal.  

Yes, they fit.  Just fine.  You’ll need a heat shield (I use the giant loop hot springs)  Zero issues, and I’ve crashed it plenty 😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, kyle01 said:

As pointed out- look at my post.  And I’ve got another post somewhere showing the clearances between exhaust and rack close up- plus what I did to the exhaust outlet to keep it off of my turn signal.  

Yes, they fit.  Just fine.  You’ll need a heat shield (I use the giant loop hot springs)  Zero issues, and I’ve crashed it plenty 😂

I don't believe I ever saw your post.  This is excellent news and very encouraging.  Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

So I had the joy of receiving and installing my camel ADV high exhaust. I was uncertain if it would fit with the Rally Raid soft racks but it does. The rack presses against the exhaust moving it about 2mm. At first I wasn’t happy about it and was going to space the rack away from it but without longer hardware I decided to forgo and just take it for a ride.  I didn’t experience vibration and I don’t see it being an issue. I absolutely love the sound of this engine and running it withe the db killer installed. The fit and finish is top notch like everything I have installed from Camel. 7A6F1741-DDBB-4CEC-AC5C-355FB881B03D.thumb.jpeg.ffc4fac372d477bfb183788293c1f0f8.jpeg

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Mr1Wilderness said:

So I had the joy of receiving and installing my camel ADV high exhaust. I was uncertain if it would fit with the Rally Raid soft racks but it does. The rack presses against the exhaust moving it about 2mm. At first I wasn’t happy about it and was going to space the rack away from it but without longer hardware I decided to forgo and just take it for a ride.  I didn’t experience vibration and I don’t see it being an issue. I absolutely love the sound of this engine and running it withe the db killer installed. The fit and finish is top notch like everything I have installed from Camel. 7A6F1741-DDBB-4CEC-AC5C-355FB881B03D.thumb.jpeg.ffc4fac372d477bfb183788293c1f0f8.jpeg

Good report.  I think you should put a piece of foam between the rack and the muffler.  It will rub there for sure. 

The muffler and/or the rack aren’t so much stationary items.  I can easily add or subtract space by pushing on the pipe or yanking on the rack.  Pretty simple.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporting Vendor

We have partnered with Scorpion Red Power from the UK and are now able to order a premium muffler upgrade with our high exhaust kit!

The Scorpion offers a bunch of advantages over the base model muffler:

• Scorpion Redpower – 30 years of exhaust development
  • Hand made in the United Kingdom
  • Acoustically developed sound
  • No repacking required (!)
  • Dual tone exhaust note with removable db killer
  • Dyno tested for maximum riding enjoyment
  • No re-jetting or mapping
  • Lifetime guarantee (to the original purchaser)
  • Stainless steel construction

Normally, the Scorpion kit is $550USD and our kit without a muffler is $349. Purchasing on their own would be $899 but we're bundling the kit for $749.

I've been torture testing it for most of this season. The Scorpion looks good and sounds great!

IMG_0671.JPG

IMG_0903.JPG

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Camel ADV said:

We have partnered with Scorpion Red Power from the UK and are now able to order a premium muffler upgrade with our high exhaust kit!

The Scorpion offers a bunch of advantages over the base model muffler:

• Scorpion Redpower – 30 years of exhaust development
  • Hand made in the United Kingdom
  • Acoustically developed sound
  • No repacking required (!)
  • Dual tone exhaust note with removable db killer
  • Dyno tested for maximum riding enjoyment
  • No re-jetting or mapping
  • Lifetime guarantee (to the original purchaser)
  • Stainless steel construction

Normally, the Scorpion kit is $550USD and our kit without a muffler is $349. Purchasing on their own would be $899 but we're bundling the kit for $749.

I've been torture testing it for most of this season. The Scorpion looks good and sounds great!

IMG_0671.JPG

IMG_0903.JPG

What are the chances of UK members/owners being able to purchase from Scorpion in the UK and therefore negate import costs?

Or are you intending to sell via a retailer network such as Rugged Roads?

• Supporting Vendor
18 hours ago, Burnsey said:

What are the chances of UK members/owners being able to purchase from Scorpion in the UK and therefore negate import costs?

Or are you intending to sell via a retailer network such as Rugged Roads?

Rugged Roads would be the place to order from in the UK. They helped get us set-up with Scorpion so they will also have access to those mufflers.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporting Vendor

Some muffler updates:

The Scorpion option is up on the site.

Also, we now have a small number of direct bolt-on Wings muffler clamps available. These are custom-made direct from Wings in Slovenia. They are $55 each and save you from having to cut down and redrill the hanger clamp that came in your T7 Wings kit. These are not on the website yet. I am offering them to you guys first because we have a small number in stock. If you want one, please PM me with your email address and I'll send an invoice to you.

IMG_1755.JPG

IMG_1760.JPG

• Like 2

On 10/17/2021 at 11:39 AM, Heedcase said:

Just like to add my voice......fitted the kit plus Black Widow and thoroughly tested for a full day yesterday including one high speed off which would have bent the original pipe/bracket beyond recognition (as I know from experience). No ill effects on the Camel kit even with a direct hit. If you are pushing your limits off road, have average skills as I do (and so end up with the bike on the ground from time-to-time) then this kit solves the exhaust bending issue.

Fits perfectly, looks great and the unexpected bonus is that the sound with the Black Widow is just superb, particularly under load in 2nd and 3rd gears.

IMO this is one of the best upgrades you can do for the bike if you use it off road.

2021-10-17 15.32.55.jpg

2021-10-17 15.33.52.jpg

2021-10-16 13.39.34_3.jpg

High exhaust with black widow looks great. 

Does the black widow have a spark arrestor?