Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Camel ADV T7 High Mount Exhaust

Camel ADV

• Supporting Vendor
7 hours ago, Dougie said:

@Camel ADVDo you retain the original exhaust bracket or does it need cutting off? Couldn’t quite make it out on the phone. 👍  Cheers. Looks smart. 

The bracket and install process is exactly the same between the two kits.

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

1 hour ago, Camel ADV said:

An e-Mark Wings muffler that is compatible with our kit is available from Rally Moto NL. https://www.rally-motor.nl/epages/83531796.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/83531796/Products/WINGS700Tenere2 It's got a larger inlet and has the proper muffler hanger included.

Yeah, great.
I understand that getting the E aproval cost money but $499,  (€439,64) for a complete kit against against €449,95 ($565,54) for just the silencer is a bit disproportional.
You stated that the Enduro is the same price as the High mount that means that for me the kit will come at 449.95 plus 399,95 = 849,0 (in euro's) .
That's a bit steap.

• Haha 1

• Supporting Vendor
59 minutes ago, Ray Ride4life said:

Yeah, great.
I understand that getting the E aproval cost money but $499,  (€439,64) for a complete kit against against €449,95 ($565,54) for just the silencer is a bit disproportional.
You stated that the Enduro is the same price as the High mount that means that for me the kit will come at 449.95 plus 399,95 = 849,0 (in euro's) .
That's a bit steap.

Wings makes a great product and they expect to get paid for it. They charge what they charge! Wings gives their dealers a very slim margin to work with (we're not a dealer FYI).

Perhaps their are cheaper e-Mark mufflers that are compatible, we haven't come across one yet. There were several muffler manufacturers in the UK that had the  e-Mark certification but they have since lost it with Brexit. Apparently, it's a real b&tch for them to get certified post-Brexit.

Our kit with a muffler is $349USD. Obviously shipping overseas and 21% VAT  adds up. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Is the Endure bend kit going to be available on Rally-Motor store?

Is it going to work with Akra muffler from 2020 or is it possible to modify in such way that it would be..?

• Supporting Vendor
On 2/16/2022 at 12:45 PM, Wizna said:

Is the Endure bend kit going to be available on Rally-Motor store?

Is it going to work with Akra muffler from 2020 or is it possible to modify in such way that it would be..?

The Arkapovic muffler is not compatible with our high exhaust. Its link pipe is welded to the muffler and it tapers, bends and comes out of the muffler at an angle. There is simply too much going on with it to make an end-user installable high exhaust set-up with it unfortunately.

Dealers don't have the Enduro bend kit at this time. As we get production sorted out, we'll be able to get them supplied.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really interested on the high mount with the wings muffler but i cant find any pictures how it looks directly from the back. does it come out straight or is it twisted or pointing inwards? does anyone have some pictures?

IMG_5595.JPG.bf2b09bd6313ad3679a12004814

E-approved WINGS muffler with CAMEL ADV high mount system for Yamaha 700 Tenere

• Supporting Vendor
17 hours ago, Kowalski said:

I'm really interested on the high mount with the wings muffler but i cant find any pictures how it looks directly from the back. does it come out straight or is it twisted or pointing inwards? does anyone have some pictures?

IMG_5595.JPG.bf2b09bd6313ad3679a12004814

E-approved WINGS muffler with CAMEL ADV high mount system for Yamaha 700 Tenere

I don't have any Wings specific photos but the muffler orientation will be exactly the same as with the other mufflers. The back of the muffler is pushed in towards the centerline slightly more than the front. I'm not at the shop currently, this is the best photo I have at the moment. 

IMG_5480.thumb.JPG.2f37239b794acad09ce70d16fea56b51.JPG

• Like 1

On 2/11/2022 at 3:50 PM, Ray Ride4life said:

Yeah, great.
That's a bit steap.

Lucky for you it's your choice to buy something else that is cheaper elsewhere.  Obviously many others see the quality vs cost value proposition with Camel products and continue to purchase.   I have bought most of the T7 parts that @Camel ADV offers and everything has been as described and shipped quickly and efficiently. On top of the great customer service aspect, the quality of everything I have purchased is top notch.  His parts are not "cheap" but I don't feel as though I paid a dollar too much for anything I have ordered from Cory.

I don't know Cory and I'm not sponsored, but his stuff works and he charges a fair price for his products.  I hope he is charging enough to stay in business and can continue to provide excellent high quality parts to the T7 community (as well as the other brands he covers).

• Like 8

• Moderators

@Kowalski Hopefully this will help?  You can see the alignment with the swingarm looks pretty much parallel.   It's the standard muffler that comes with the kit, sounds and looks pretty good!

20220228_192123.jpg

• Like 2

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

10 hours ago, AZJW said:

@Kowalski Hopefully this will help?  You can see the alignment with the swingarm looks pretty much parallel.   It's the standard muffler that comes with the kit, sounds and looks pretty good!

My impression is that it points slightly inwards :

555e1703d47309ace935606c9f7fa556.jpg

Stupid question time: The spark arrester Camel ADV sells.  Do you put it in point up or down?

• Like 1

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, kainic said:

Stupid question time: The spark arrester Camel ADV sells.  Do you put it in point up or down?

Not a stupid question,  I had the same one. Mine went in the muffler,  with open end toward the link pipe,  then slide on the muffler, install springs, done!  

• Like 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

• Supporting Vendor
18 hours ago, kainic said:

Not a stupid question at all. We don't have install instructions for it, just a couple of photos on the product page.

Screen Shot 2022-03-15 at 3.12.21 PM.png

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

The muffler bracket with your kit keeps twisting on big drops or it really got solid ?

Thanks from France, nice job

• Supporting Vendor
On 3/25/2022 at 4:31 AM, Turbulaence said:

Hello,

The muffler bracket with your kit keeps twisting on big drops or it really got solid ?

Thanks from France, nice job

The current muffler is able to twist as it is retained with springs.  The new mufflers that will start shipping shortly use clamps instead of springs so they will be more solid. Which set-up is better, depends who you ask I suppose!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Camel ADV said:

The current muffler is able to twist as it is retained with springs.  The new mufflers that will start shipping shortly use clamps instead of springs so they will be more solid. Which set-up is better, depends who you ask I suppose!

Thank you, and about the frame fixing muffler, it keeps to bend with your kit ?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Turbulaence said:

Thank you, and about the frame fixing muffler, it keeps to bend with your kit ?

The Yamaha frame bracket is removed and replaced with the Camel bracket. No more bend. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BLZ2DWL said:

The Yamaha frame bracket is removed and replaced with the Camel bracket. No more bend. 

Yes, i know for the Camel bracket, i just wanted to know if it could still bend with him 🙂

• Supporting Vendor
2 hours ago, Turbulaence said:

Yes, i know for the Camel bracket, i just wanted to know if it could still bend with him 🙂

The length is 1/2 of the OEM length. I've crashed a bunch and no more bending.

• Like 2

Hello 🙂

When can we buy your new muffler wich use clamps in France, a website ?
Do you have some pics of this new muffler ?

Thanks a lot !

• Supporting Vendor
21 hours ago, Turbulaence said:

Hello 🙂

When can we buy your new muffler wich use clamps in France, a website ?
Do you have some pics of this new muffler ?

Thanks a lot !

The mufflers just showed up. We don't have them on the site yet. I'm traveling this week, should be able to photos done Wed/Thurs next week.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporting Vendor
3 minutes ago, Daniel M said:

Will the high exhaust kit work together with my Reckless 80 bag setup?

// Daniel

Yes is definitely does. The include heat shield from Mosko is a good idea as it will keep the bags from resting on the muffler.

Screen Shot 2022-04-09 at 1.28.08 PM.png

• Like 1

So I am looking to get one of the two high exhaust systems that camel ADV sells. I am about to do a long trip (Sweden to Nepal) and I wanna get this right.

I am having a Reckless 80 as a luggage setup and I just was told the T7 High Exhaust Kit - Rally Bend will fit without interfering or burning my luggage.

As I understand it the T7 High Exhaust - Enduro Bend also will do the job perfectly but you will have to cut of the passenger foot-pegs to fit the system- is this correct? Any way to restore it to original afterwards?

Whats the different between the two systems (Enduro vs Rally bend)? Any pros or cons?

So the only reason for me to change to an high exhaust kit is to avoid breaking the OEM system while putting the bike to the ground. I DO NOT wanna have a very loud muffler. Are the Scorpion or the camel muffler very loud?

greatfull for answers