Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

What have you done for your T7 today?

Noel McCutcheon

On 7/3/2022 at 3:41 PM, Ray Ride4life said:

Just posted a blog about the works this weekend including lots of pictures.

2 additional pictures just for here, this is how i ran my hose for the Osco oiler to the front sprocket.
IMG_20220702_123226.jpg.51f91df60ec4912cd3ab6febe180ab09.jpg

IMG_20220702_181115.jpg.84d29eb913718fa2aaed5cf4bf5491c3.jpg

Thanks! I also have the OSCO oiler just missing the clip you are using. Got to see if I can fab something similar.  

head light protector $55

Screen protector $25

Womet.tech levers, A lot!

T-06-.jpg

T7 screen pro.jpg

T-03.jpg

Edited by winddown
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
16 hours ago, S.Ga.Rider said:

Got the t7 a mate.

20220705_132453.jpg

That is a sexy mate for the T7

• Premium Member
On 6/17/2022 at 10:41 PM, NeilW said:

Thanks for the closeup and the install video. I always wondered exactly how it worked. But I have a sincere question, if the chain is sealed why lubricate it if the rollers are not getting the lube? What am I missing?

a) oring chains are not fully sealed, use throws and the rain washes lube out. So,

b) oiler’s lube does sweep / get drawn in via spin and capillary attraction.

Oilers really do extend chain life for sure….

Hope that this helps.

54 minutes ago, X Plane said:

a) oring chains are not fully sealed, use throws and the rain washes lube out. So,

Hope that this helps.

Thanks for the explanation.

• Like 1

Fitted the Pro Shot to the new helmet so i can use the GoPro again on the trip.
Took a extension cable with a 90dg 3,5mm jack and soldered that to the Cardo mic so i can plug that into the media mod without another mic.
843222087_WhatsAppImage2022-06-23at8_52_11PM.jpeg.0129560453ecc347b197c7f19f7abf01.jpeg

625567748_WhatsAppImage2022-06-23at9_14_57PM.jpeg.293ad567060ab917b9e290aaeb0feb92.jpeg

IMG_20220706_192443.jpg.86aeaacccf8c34541bae737696997aae.jpg

IMG_20220706_192424.jpg.6b4af87355df9a06aa4eef7321ef445b.jpg

• Like 4

On 7/2/2022 at 10:56 PM, Ray Ride4life said:

That's sad but true, mostly enduro riders who think they're in a race.
I slow down when i see people and extra with animals but people getting more and more selfish and it's not only the gearheads.
Slowing down helps a lot but there are still lots of people who think their hobby's are more valuable then ours because theirs is a quit one.

That’s a British trait also. 

8 hours ago, X Plane said:

Hope that this helps.

I have always believed we lubed modern O/X ring chains to reduce wear on the sprockets and the outside of the rollers, the inside of the plates where they rub on the sprocket.  In other words all the mechanical points of contact.  When you consider the power being transferred through those components it makes sense.  Running them without a coating of lube would be a bit like running a gearbox without oil, metal on metal. 

• Like 2

On 7/6/2022 at 6:35 PM, winddown said:

I have always believed we lubed modern O/X ring chains to reduce wear on the sprockets and the outside of the rollers, the inside of the plates where they rub on the sprocket.  In other words all the mechanical points of contact.  When you consider the power being transferred through those components it makes sense.  Running them without a coating of lube would be a bit like running a gearbox without oil, metal on metal. 

Exactly true.  Also, lubing the outside of the chain helps keep the o/x/whatever rings soft and supple; I've found with an I'll maintained chain you'll wear those orings out faster.  

I'm not gonna weigh in on whether outside lube gets sucked into xrings or if they seal their factory grease in as honestly I have no firm answer, but for sure they will eventually wear as they're sandwiched between moving metal plates.  The day will come where they no longer seal as well, and a lubricated and clean chain will keep them doing their ultimate job - keeping the inside rollers sealed or at least lubricated - longer.

I don't think oilers are for everyone and every situation, but they're *really* great for some of us.  Particularly if you ride daily, and often in bad conditions.  

I really like @Black Dog Moto's feed to the front sprocket, and I'm seriously considering adapting my current setups to go that way instead.  I don't think it'll work quite as well as pictured above though.  You need to apply to the sprocket, not drip onto the chain, to get capillary action pulling the oil into a nice thin film across the whole chain.  Dripping directly onto the chain will still work, but I'd suspect it'll make a lot more splash. 

• Like 2

Fit up the dominator headers to the big girl. Bolted straight up with zero issues whatsoever.

Sounds nice and raspy now. The 02 sensor is the same size as stock, (12mm) so a new bung will need to be welded in for the FTECU autotune kit if I decide to go that way.

I still haven’t received an answer from them regarding availability for the 2022 Euro 5 Aussie version.

35A1DAE7-F282-42E1-BA61-53A480E8A082.jpeg

247B94A1-D306-4558-8CC6-CE4CD793A6CD.jpeg

• Like 1

On 7/6/2022 at 7:48 PM, Ray Ride4life said:

Fitted the Pro Shot to the new helmet so i can use the GoPro again on the trip.
Took a extension cable with a 90dg 3,5mm jack and soldered that to the Cardo mic so i can plug that into the media mod without another mic.
843222087_WhatsAppImage2022-06-23at8_52_11PM.jpeg.0129560453ecc347b197c7f19f7abf01.jpeg

625567748_WhatsAppImage2022-06-23at9_14_57PM.jpeg.293ad567060ab917b9e290aaeb0feb92.jpeg

IMG_20220706_192443.jpg.86aeaacccf8c34541bae737696997aae.jpg

IMG_20220706_192424.jpg.6b4af87355df9a06aa4eef7321ef445b.jpg

Hi @Ray Ride4life,

there is a quite nice option for your GoPro to mount on the helmet from Dango design France, see link below, it is light and just clasps on to your helmet (or other places you want to put the camera).

banner_v2_en.jpg

COMPATIBLE WITH MOST ACTION CAMS GoPro DJI Osmo Insta 360 ONE R Garmin VIRB …and many more. your helmet, your style READY FOR ACTION IN A SECOND, DOES GLUE TO THE HELMET WHY THE GRIPPER? easy...

2 hours ago, ludo_the_genius said:

Hi @Ray Ride4life,

there is a quite nice option for your GoPro to mount on the helmet from Dango design France, see link below, it is light and just clasps on to your helmet (or other places you want to put the camera).

banner_v2_en.jpg

COMPATIBLE WITH MOST ACTION CAMS GoPro DJI Osmo Insta 360 ONE R Garmin VIRB …and many more. your helmet, your style READY FOR ACTION IN A SECOND, DOES GLUE TO THE HELMET WHY THE GRIPPER? easy...

Thanks but that doesn't work with my Nolan unless i remove the wind deflector.

• Like 1

Replacement flasher relay fitted in preparation for a set of inset front led’s

possibly looking for something LED for the rear 

image.jpg

• Like 1

So after 6 months of it sitting in the shed I finally got off my arse and installed the SWMotech centre stand. Only the one missing bolt from the kit, thankfully there's an engineer supplies centre 200m from the house. The lhs mounting plate was a curse to get bolted into place but it got there in the end.

20220711_170000.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, electric_monk said:

So after 6 months of it sitting in the shed I finally got off my arse and installed the SWMotech centre stand. Only the one missing bolt from the kit, thankfully there's an engineer supplies centre 200m from the house. The lhs mounting plate was a curse to get bolted into place but it got there in the end.

20220711_170000.jpg

I love my SW Motech Center stand, use it all the time. Surprised it was missing a bolt. 

1 minute ago, NeilW said:

I love my SW Motech Center stand, use it all the time. Surprised it was missing a bolt. 

My mate ordered 2 of them for both our bikes and both were missing one of the M10 x 70 bolts.

I've been attempting to mount adventure spec saddlebag racks to my outback mototrek rack. I've been having to cut the spacers smaller to make it work but it's doable if you have a way to cut the metal. 

I haven't sorted out a compressor yet so in the meanwhile I've stuffed a bunch of these CO2 cylinders in my saddle bags along with a a simple adapter from my pushbike stores.  There not for flats, I'm not set up for those, they are just to put extra in if I go for a long ride on the blacktop after riding dirt.

1564683583_CO2OPTION.jpg.b03e6bd099b02d62877c6a198264070b.jpg

23 hours ago, Lewie said:

Replacement flasher relay fitted in preparation for a set of inset front led’s

possibly looking for something LED for the rear 

image.jpg

Needless to say these didn’t work with the front of the bike -back to the drawing board

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, electric_monk said:

My mate ordered 2 of them for both our bikes and both were missing one of the M10 x 70 bolts.

I reached out to my contact at SW Motech and asked about missing bolts. He told me that each shipment is weighed to the gram, so a bolt of any size would be noticed to be missing.  He told me that the customers that have reported back have eventually found the missing part/bolt hiding in the bubble wrap. But he did admit that is "could" happen. He also said for me to express that he was sorry this happened. just sharing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NeilW said:

I reached out to my contact at SW Motech and asked about missing bolts. He told me that each shipment is weighed to the gram, so a bolt of any size would be noticed to be missing.  He told me that the customers that have reported back have eventually found the missing part/bolt hiding in the bubble wrap. But he did admit that is "could" happen. He also said for me to express that he was sorry this happened. just sharing.

Thanks for that Neil, much appreciated.....they definitely were missing though....

• Like 1

Camouflaged my blue AS racks I bought used.

20220713_163556.jpg

• Like 8
2021 Yamaha Tenere 700
2019 Husqvarna TE 250i
2018 Husqy/Oberon/JD FE 450

18 hours ago, Lewie said:

Needless to say these didn’t work with the front of the bike -back to the drawing board

I think the relay is an added complication, with most leds all you need do is put a Big ceramic resistor in parallel across the two wires leading to each indicator.  They are 100W ones I believe, at least that's what I installed on mine and all good.  Not sure of the voltage rating, the boys in the shop just pulled them off the wall.  I was surprised that most of that little stuff in the shop was the same price as online.

They work -(I replaced the relay) they just don’t fit 😂 

in my mind I thought the indicator bulge on the rad cowl had a recess that I’d hoped their light would drop into- it didn’t and sat ontop of the bulge - the threaded part wasn’t long enough to reach the inside either 

Edited by Lewie
  • Like 1