Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

What have you done for your T7 today?

Noel McCutcheon

7 hours ago, NeilW said:

Wouldn’t that be called “reverse” sparkling?

Good point Neil! 😂

18 hours ago, Tenerider said:

Farkling day!

Old:

20231210_160016.jpg.58c5f623c7f7016ab50abb0216abe9bc.jpg

New:

20231213_202837.jpg.293830ea44d5daf46d7ea1ac75b4ac26.jpg

20231213_202853.jpg.ac47435d9ce5f98ac9d1be5f8d735537.jpg

Good luck on going crash bar-less!  

• Thanks 1

Installed the Hammerleds front and rear. (no idea why the 2nd pic is upside down)

IMG_7537.JPG

IMG_7536.JPG

Edited by Robrobsen
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, DT675 said:

Good luck on going crash bar-less!  

Thanks - I might well reinstall them quickly after ruining my radiator, side panels, tank, rectifier and horn 😅

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 11/27/2023 at 9:46 AM, Just Footerin said:

I have been continuing to make stuff in stainless steel. I made a side stand pivot bolt and put a grease nipple and cross hole in it so as to keep it greased without disassembly.

image.jpeg.54590c8b76b20f8291e2d98e2ae3469c.jpeg

Also I've made about 30 of these little shoulder screws for around the bike. OK they don't have a torx head but I gave them a nice dome. They're everywhere !!

1701077769150.jpg.9406d3515c801aa8ae7d27766d241a29.jpg

1701077769140.jpg.6cf332c7afc891fd88159430ac8b9a90.jpg

yesterday I pulled the engine out so as to work at those rusted in exhaust studs, I'll spend the week soaking them with release oil 🙂

1701077769145.jpg.37cdfdbd2d9799f9dffc6a9884927368.jpg

Bit extreme but class too. Nice to see frame it shows engine really is a stress member in the chaotic design.

16 hours ago, Noel McCutcheon said:

Bit extreme but class too. Nice to see frame it shows engine really is a stress member in the chaotic design.

Well if you only knew the hours, and the lengths went to on making stuff you'd say I was mad. But when machining's a hobby as much as a job it doesn't seem like that. Your name is very familiar to me, I wonder have our paths crossed before ?  Ralph Gault - Larne. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Just Footerin said:

Well if you only knew the hours, and the lengths went to on making stuff you'd say I was mad. But when machining's a hobby as much as a job it doesn't seem like that. Your name is very familiar to me, I wonder have our paths crossed before ?  Ralph Gault - Larne. 

Sure Is nice useful hobby at any rate 

• Like 1

I installed some LED aux lights and wanted to be able to have yellow in the day and or have white at night.  So i 3D printed some covers that slide over with a piece of yellow plexiglass inside. image.jpeg.a6c0d95995c40ceddd59fee462222ec1.jpeg

20231217_211956.jpg

20231217_212007.jpg

• Like 3

Today I realized that I need a center stand. I think this will be the first purchase or first DIY 🙂

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Static said:

Today I realized that I need a center stand. I think this will be the first purchase or first DIY 🙂

I had one and decided I don't need it 😁

For me, it's a simple trail stand (DIY possible) and a cheap scissor jack for my garage: https://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B0866524QX?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

This one has sufficient height compared to others, even for my raised suspension travel. In comparison to a center stand, you can also lift the front wheel easily and work on the forks, too.

• Like 2

Thank you. I thought about it... But you can’t take it on the road. Or rather, you will take it, but then the center stand is better.

1 hour ago, Static said:

Thank you. I thought about it... But you can’t take it on the road. Or rather, you will take it, but then the center stand is better.

Yeah if you tour the cs is well worth it. The weight is so low its not a big effect especially  if you're already carrying luggage. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Static said:

@static  I have a center stand and love it. Many do. Just a word of caution. Not every center stand is compatible with other accessories you might want later. Think about what you will want later or "next". I have limited horizonal space in my garage so having my bike vertical all the time makes a big difference for me.

• Like 1

• Moderators

After 41 months of faithful service, the oem lead acid battery failed a load test and was replaced with a Anti-Gravity  ATZ-10 Restart Lithium-Ion. Oem CCA was 190, the new one is 360 and 3.65 lbs. weight savings. Air filter serviced and as usual only the UNI Pre- filter needed cleaning. 

20231218_155429.jpg.e2895c710bcabfd64155fa06da1e5c83.jpg

• Like 7

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

• Premium Member
On 12/17/2023 at 12:08 PM, Just Footerin said:

@Just Footerin I used to do Enduros 1998 to 2003 and few Supermotos, knew some Larne guys. Worked in AVX Larne 1988 to 1991 so knew more Larne guys. Brother worked in Belfast in the bike trade for years. 

9 hours ago, NeilW said:

@static  I have a center stand and love it. Many do. Just a word of caution. Not every center stand is compatible with other accessories you might want later. Think about what you will want later or "next". I have limited horizonal space in my garage so having my bike vertical all the time makes a big difference for me.

Who is the manufacturer of the center stand?

6 minutes ago, Static said:

Who is the manufacturer of the center stand?

Sw Motech. 

• Like 2

After three years of riding red & white , i decided to change it to  black & white 😃 

t7_nl.JPG

20231211_122346.jpg

meanwhile the Barkbusters are black too 😉

Edited by Tom_R
  • Like 8

The motech one has a very short kick lever, and was easy to install, especially the springs.  One thing though, I had the rear shock upgraded before that and after installation of the stand I wondered if they could have gotten it in with the stand in place?  Just something to think about.

Edited by winddown

15 minutes ago, winddown said:

The motech one had a very kick, and was easy to install, especially the springs.  One thing though, I had the rear shock upgraded before that and after installation of the stand I wondered if they could have gotten it in with the stand in place?  Just something to think about.

At least no problem with my Hepo&Becker stand! I don't think others would cause problems.

• Like 2