Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

What have you done for your T7 today?

Noel McCutcheon

9 minutes ago, T7EST said:

Thats a good question, it was offered under Teneres 700 parts in one known webshop and i got it for bonus but i guess i will not use it then  and return 

Hey, maybe it works I don't know. Stock battery has 190CCA. Manufacturer's web site says it is compatible with Tracer 700 and Mt07 which is practically same setup as T7.  I would love to make that spare space my toolbox space 🙂

On 2/4/2024 at 6:57 AM, Tenerider said:

After dropping her onto a big boulder, I decided to show the scars with pride:

20240204_155021.jpg.b833d5cfdac53b5f1017c7003864b6fe.jpg

Call me crazy, but I like it somehow. Now that the tank is dented and scratched, I might have my buddies, kids, riding companions sign it.

RTech fairings held up very well by the way - scratched, but not broken!

That looks great! 

• Thanks 1

As an ever-evolving version of herself, Big Blu has had small additions made to her over the last week

1) Custom half tail tidy that is a modified version of the AliExpress tail tidy

IMG_6188.JPG.c8948d0279ea23364f7a70a6d16d6f6b.JPG

2) Indicator relocation because I did not like the way it looked on the custom tail tidy

2F553238-E41D-49FC-ACA2-5D3E33D872C4.jpg.75f62542a65ebc66643de52b888b0b97.jpg

3) Replaced the motard style front fender with a YZ250 fender which should hopefully eliminate mud splatter onto the headlight, windscreen and on the helmet visor

IMG_6186.JPG.3ada00c0f508f759ee14172bc66bc95f.JPG

4) New front tyre - the Shinko E804

• Like 1

Meet BigBlu - 2022 Tenere 700 | Yamaha OEM chain guide | Yamaha OEM crash guard | Givi Rear luggage rack | Givi BN42 top box | Black Widow 300mm Hexagonal exhaust | Acerbis High Fender | Windscreen risers | ProTaper Evo low handlebar | Oxford Integrated heated grips | Upshift Retro Speedblock Blue graphic kit | QuadLock wireless charger | BarkBuster Storm Handguards | Mitas E07+ rear tyre | Shinko E804 front tyre | MotoMount Radar screamer & LED visual alert | Custom half tail tidy kit |

I took off the OEM centerstand from my bike. 
It was really useful for mostly lubing the chain and when loading the bike but I think I can do without it and it's 2,9KG gone from the bike. It was mounted by the previous owner.

For now I left on the mounting hardware if I want to put it back again but I might remove it as well. It's probably another 1KG.  😬

Should have done this much earlier but since it was always on there I never really considered it. 😆

20240210_104056.jpg

Edited by OK185
  • Like 2

Put a Mitas E07 Dakar on the rear.

Bloody tough fit up - 150.70-18

See how it feels later in the week.

Will do suspension linkages whilst rear wheel out.

edit. Done!

They had plenty of grease in the needle bearings but there was a little corrosion on the bolts.

A quick buff and a coat of nickel antiseize.

Edited by Rider 101
  • Like 2

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

15 hours ago, Rider 101 said:

edit. Done!

They had plenty of grease in the needle bearings but there was a little corrosion on the bolts.

Your post reminded me that I was doing to do this as well (again) - so I did it 😁

Plus, I've replaced the lower shock bolt for the longer Racetorx bolt and installed an Ateka linkage protection:20240212_153316.jpg.53d1d3c54cd33bf0e7bcc591f4026811.jpg

20240212_153617.jpg.6836e693741c98c9c41c3aa1a95c3e00.jpg

20240212_153627.jpg.64504743cc8ad6bc78dceea1056a6446.jpg

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Rider 101 said:

edit. Done!

Them tyres have ridiculously stiff side walls, but for a reason.

I was contemplating doing my own tyre swaps, but without the right tools it definitely is a nightmare.

Meet BigBlu - 2022 Tenere 700 | Yamaha OEM chain guide | Yamaha OEM crash guard | Givi Rear luggage rack | Givi BN42 top box | Black Widow 300mm Hexagonal exhaust | Acerbis High Fender | Windscreen risers | ProTaper Evo low handlebar | Oxford Integrated heated grips | Upshift Retro Speedblock Blue graphic kit | QuadLock wireless charger | BarkBuster Storm Handguards | Mitas E07+ rear tyre | Shinko E804 front tyre | MotoMount Radar screamer & LED visual alert | Custom half tail tidy kit |

19 minutes ago, motonap said:

I was contemplating doing my own tyre swaps, but without the right tools it definitely is a nightmare.

They aren't too bad with a few extras.

I have the Michelin pattern tyre levers. The ones with a recurve and about 15" long.

I use ultra heavy tubes which compounds the situation.

Fitting the first side on the rim is easy.

Fitting the second side not so because of the stiff side wall.

I found using 2 or 3 sliding Irwin clamps to compress the side wall into the rim well did the trick.

Something like this.

And I have some DRC tyre cream which helps.

A bit of sweat and the job was done in about 30 minutes.

• Like 2

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

Got a new tire (Dunlop Raid) and it’s time for a new rear and front sprocket and a new D.I.D. Chain at 19500 miles.

The previous Dunlop Trailmax Mission rear lasted 9000 miles.

IMG_9891.jpeg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MAWERRO said:

Got a new tire (Dunlop Raid) and it’s time for a new rear and front sprocket and a new D.I.D. Chain at 19500 miles.

IMG_9891.jpeg

Let us know how you get on with the Raid - I have one on the back too, just haven't done much with it. I got 18500 on my OEM chain& Sprocket set. I' m about to mount a Karoo4 on the front, for a short Baja trip in March.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, thepointchris said:

Let us know how you get on with the Raid - I have one on the back too, just haven't done much with it. I got 18500 on my OEM chain& Sprocket set. I' m about to mount a Karoo4 on the front, for a short Baja trip in March.

Sure will! I have the raid for the front on hand but still running the Dunlop Trailmax mission there and I really like it. Did Baja last year Feb & March. Glad to share some tips. 

38 minutes ago, thepointchris said:

Looking forward to both of your experience @thepointchris and @MAWERRO! About to replace my Anakee Wilds in a couple of months.

Could you perhaps measure the Raid's profile depth on both front and rear?

Edited by Tenerider

10 minutes ago, Tenerider said:

Looking forward to both of your experience @thepointchris and @MAWERRO! About to replace my Anakee Wilds in a couple of months.

Could you perhaps measure the Raid's profile depth on both front and rear?

11/32 front & 12/32 rear

• Thanks 1

On 2/12/2024 at 1:31 PM, motonap said:

@motonap the Rabacona tire changer is a game changer. I absolutely could not budge front or rear Heidenau K60 Scouts by hand. I literally mounted the rear in 3 minutes. Took longer to set up the assembly than to mount the tire.  Wish I could carry it on my T7, I tried 🙂  That is why I went Outex tubeless because there is no way I could fix a tube flat on Heidenau K60's on the trail.

IMG_7877 (2).jpg

• Like 5

Today it's raining cats and dogs. So I started to build a new tail from ABS (the surface is bonded ASA for uv-resistance) by welding and glueing the parts. The plan was to warm up that 4 mm ABS and then bend it to the necessary angles.

Breite=width

Tiefe=depth

Abstand=distance

Gesamtlänge=overall length

Rückstrahler=reflector

Optionaler Spritzschutz=optional splash guard

Mae.jpg.d1ae12bd6359e6faab7dd0519627b951.jpg

First trial in the summer... This ugly thing is not what I really wanted.

Versuch-1.jpg.63acee98abce8568b86b2f8520c34469.jpg

So I cut it into pieces, bought a plastic welding tool and special glue. And then it feels like zen buddhism...

The first steps are done but there's a lot more to come.

Welded

Geschweit.jpg.53d4c14dc94d81b5dcb8ddd4298c662d.jpg

Glued (special stuff called 'Poly Bond')

Geklebt.jpg.a008759d42efc51e5056628b6d0e1312.jpg

This is the part that is mounted to the underside of the tail and holds the taillight.

On 2/14/2024 at 11:46 PM, NeilW said:

@motonap the Rabacona tire changer is a game changer. I absolutely could not budge front or rear Heidenau K60 Scouts by hand. I literally mounted the rear in 3 minutes. Took longer to set up the assembly than to mount the tire.  Wish I could carry it on my T7, I tried 🙂  That is why I went Outex tubeless because there is no way I could fix a tube flat on Heidenau K60's on the trail.

IMG_7877 (2).jpg

From Rabaconda's own website info, I'd have to buy one of their street bike tire changers and also one of their dual sport tire changers to be covered between my three bikes (R1200RT, T7, DRZ400). I have a hard time wrapping my head around that concept and the double expense though. 

Anyone have real world experience to confirm if just one of their models can be used on all of these bikes' wheels?

• Like 1

• Moderators
41 minutes ago, jdub53 said:

From Rabaconda's own website info, I'd have to buy one of their street bike tire changers and also one of their dual sport tire changers to be covered between my three bikes (R1200RT, T7, DRZ400). I have a hard time wrapping my head around that concept and the double expense though. 

Anyone have real world experience to confirm if just one of their models can be used on all of these bikes' wheels?

I had the same question almost a year ago.  Per the manufacturers advice for changing ADV tubed tires, I purchased their street bike tire changer.  Neat design, but for tubed tires, I had a 50% success rate in not tearing valve stems off.  After multiple consultations with them, they were gracious enough to exchange it for the ADV tire changer. While I miss the ratchet mechanism, the manual ADV model is working fine and I also change dirt bike tires with it. I see they've " renamed" my ADV tire changer, now calling it their Dirt & Dual Sport Full Kit.  Great machine, but like anything,  takes practice to be proficient.

For your tubeless wide rim wheels unfortunately yes, you'd most likely need the Street model, but I haven't any of those to deal with so I don't have first hand experience on those. 

Another thread with more details. 

https://www.tenere700.net/topic/6041-needed-to-be-able-to-change-my-tires/?do=findComment&comment=75759

• Thanks 2

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

New (to me) pipe today for my T7. 🤩

This exhaust is nothing new, but I love how it looks and has a nice deep sound that isn't loud at all. 

image.png.1c684c1c6595cf068dea00d1679d353d.png

Edited by OK185
  • Like 2

I'm still working on the new tail. It takes more time than estimated. Every piece is crafted just with hand tools. There are some minor things to be done but an end is clearly visible...

New_tail-1.jpg

New_tail-2.jpg

New_tail-3.jpg

New_tail-4.jpg

New_tail-5.jpg

New_tail-6.jpg

New_tail-7.jpg

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Ede-DE said:

I'm still working on the new tail. It takes more time than estimated. Every piece is crafted just with hand tools. There are some minor things to be done but an end is clearly visible...

New_tail-1.jpg

New_tail-2.jpg

New_tail-3.jpg

New_tail-4.jpg

New_tail-5.jpg

New_tail-6.jpg

New_tail-7.jpg

that is, pretty, damn..impressive 

• Thanks 1

On 2/14/2024 at 6:45 PM, MAWERRO said:

IMG_9891.jpeg

That tire is high on my interst list.  They look pretty gnarly in that pic. Are they?  Any

chance of some more pics of different angles? 

30 minutes ago, DT675 said:

That tire is high on my interst list.  They look pretty gnarly in that pic. Are they?  Any

chance of some more pics of different angles? 

Here you go. Happy with that tire. I ride a lot on forest roads.

Dunlop Raid.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Looks great! Thanks! 

How are they for noise on the highway? 

Edited by DT675

2 hours ago, MAWERRO said:

Here you go. Happy with that tire. I ride a lot on forest roads.

Dunlop Raid.jpeg

Great look! The block distance is similar to my Anakee Wilds, which they might replace.

I've heard the Raids are excellent on wet tarmac, just like the STRs.

Have you ridden then on slightly muddy/wet forest roads yet?

2 hours ago, DT675 said:

Looks great! Thanks! 

How are they for noise on the highway? 

I can hear them, unlike the Dunlop Trailmax Mission I had before which were pretty quiet.

• Like 1