Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

What have you done for your T7 today?

Noel McCutcheon

I just got thru replacing the LCD film with 'ColorClusterz' replacement film.

Bike is in the garage in the COLD North but it still looks good, sunlight will tell.

Pic #1 is the removal of the LCD film on the left of display with replacement film on right

Pic#2 Is the display on the bike (not fully assembled have other things to do)

The directions from ColorClusterz is easy to follow. Only trouble I had was getting the removal started of the existing film from the display...also  made a goof with a cleaning pad that had Alcohol on it when I cleaned the back of the display panel...quick action with water & some Novel #2 polishing compound solved the frosting of the plastic!

20220128_125234.jpg

20220128_132607.jpg

• Like 2

So, mounting my soft bags now that I've got the rear rack and heed bars installed, pretty happy with how they fit - not too shaby for $120 drybags.  However, in the process I discovered I've lost a fairing screw - for the front left side fairing, one of the great torx head screws.  

Edit: nevermind, remembered partzilla was a thing, ordered some replacement screws, washers, and a couple other oddball bits the Tracer needed, plus a few extras as spares.

Screwloose.thumb.jpg.fded0148131147ca3ce536940eca1657.jpg

20220128_170717.jpg

20220128_170728.jpg

Edited by Wintersdark
No longer needed to ask how to get replacements
  • Like 4

Got my luggage sorted out... mostly. I made my own g hook straps since most of kriegas straps were sold out. I'm thinking I'll end up reducing my toolkit to something that will fit under the seat for everyday use. I'm not crazy about my tools being free for everyone to enjoy

20220127_162512.jpg

20220127_165339.jpg

Edited by frivoloushobby
  • Like 3

Picked it up a little over a week ago and got things installed! 

tusk tail tidy

x-arc duo rear blinkers

proton 500 front blinkers

seat customs low comfort

barkbusters Storm

ebay headlight guard

atlas throttle lock

camel adv anti bobble head

quadlock Wireless charging mount

givi crash bars

camel adv 1 finger clutch kit

camel adv foot pegs

camel adv bash guard

camel adv high exhaust kit

black widow muffler

swapped the red fender for black

pulled the decals

waiting till the first service to install

tusk air filter

mob up designs prefilter

2wdw tune

D1D7BBDD-9DFC-4324-9292-6E3ECE3D13AC.jpeg

My “friend” turned us down the intermediate track when he thought it was the easier one. So today I dented my right pannier, got the bike muddy and am sore as heck from picking it up too many times 

8EBBD3C0-E6C1-47CF-B64C-1FF5F88A6BA5.jpeg

FB7C3843-5CD0-4D83-9547-49C0C756DB98.jpeg

• Like 1

Combined the Camel high fender brake lines with the low fender & found them compatible. Had to amputate the side reflectors to get the line routing to work with this. The stock lines are just ridiculously complicated by comparison.

Despite preference for the low fender, I’ve never liked the brake line dependency on it. These plastic are far too brittle to be trusted with that. As evidenced by the patch repairs I’ve made to their lower mounts that crumbed inside the first 1000km.

Added a stubby home made high fender of the same material just to keep spray off the steer tube bearings & new banjo fittings.

Beefed up the fork guards Camel style in the process. 
  Now have the option to swap between high or low fenders, but most likely just stay low

A1548038-3CFF-4167-8859-0A800B5F010A.jpeg

E9CC9340-3E91-4D9C-92BD-741BF1D48A49.jpeg

• Like 3

On 1/28/2022 at 7:07 PM, kainic said:

Salty

So salty!  But despite how people get worked up about a teenie bit of salt causing their bike to just fall to pieces, a rinse off yesterday and it's fine.  Even my spokes (which apparently corrode?) look just fine after 1500kms of riding in salty brine, snow, and ice over the last two months. 

• Like 2

My luggage rack was painted so time to put it to work.
IMG_20220202_123624.thumb.jpg.668456989ad322c5f4c47299d98b56ea.jpg

IMG_20220202_123633.thumb.jpg.50ad514260d2a190257431c380ff54d6.jpg

IMG_20220202_123642.thumb.jpg.6644c47bb0075bf7da4d9671c697ca4f.jpg

IMG_20220202_124246.thumb.jpg.9764f1dc5a2f499fe67af097eb569284.jpg

Already changed the place of the straps to the side guides.
The guides where planned for the Reckless 80 which has 3 straps and this was the idea for the R40 but i figured that is probably would be best to move it to safe the paint.
Paint should go matte but sometimes it takes a few days but before that it might be brown already.

• Like 3

Seeing some dope upgrades. especially like the LCD flipkit. I was thinking about trying that out myself the other day. Good to see it works!

Today my new decal kit from uniracing FINALLY finished its curing time of 48 hours so now I get to spam you guys with some photos.

I stopped at the bike shop today, and as I was walking back to my bike I heard some guys walk past and stop, I was just far away enough to hear, "Is that a rally bike? Its pure sex look at that!"

Never in my life, have i seriously loved a bike so wholeheartedly as this beauty.

GOPR1178 - Copy.JPG

GOPR1177 - Copy.JPG

GOPR1182 - Copy.JPG

• Like 6

FE32E127-6452-4FF3-A699-0A4324516C1A.thumb.jpeg.7c0f39e1a71a0d5481cb994fa25f4a7b.jpegInstalled the Touratech Pro windscreen adjustment bracket. Gets about 2” up easily and reduced turbulence. Here is my review   Comments are always welcome. 
https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2022/02/04/touratech-pro-windscreen-adjustment-bracket-review-project-tenere/

Edited by NeilW

9 hours ago, NeilW said:

FE32E127-6452-4FF3-A699-0A4324516C1A.thumb.jpeg.7c0f39e1a71a0d5481cb994fa25f4a7b.jpegInstalled the Touratech Pro windscreen adjustment bracket. Gets about 2” up easily and reduced turbulence. Here is my review   Comments are always welcome. 
https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2022/02/04/touratech-pro-windscreen-adjustment-bracket-review-project-tenere/

At $160, that seems pretty damn spendy compared to a simple bracket for $23 from ebay.  Think it's really got $137 of value over that?

Seems to be a nicer "one handed" (or even two handed; still beats getting off the bike) operation, mind you.  But... Damn, touratech stuff always looks ridiculously expensive.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wintersdark said:

At $160, that seems pretty damn spendy compared to a simple bracket for $23 from ebay.  Think it's really got $137 of value over that?

Seems to be a nicer "one handed" (or even two handed; still beats getting off the bike) operation, mind you.  But... Damn, touratech stuff always looks ridiculously expensive.  

I have a lot of Touratech on my T7. All high quality and built to last. I am sure that my Touratech Ralleyform skid plate saved my engine  this weekend as I bounced onto a boulder and totally changed direction 90 degrees, pivoting on the skid plate. I looked at it and it had a "scratch". All our accessory spends are a trade off, but please don't buy a Chinese Knock off. That is taking money away from the company that invented it. Like the anti bobble head that Camel Adv invented- so many people on this forum are proud to buy the forgery taking money away from the inventor and small business owner that invented it and many other accessories for Adventure bikes. I just saw on this forum a Chinese waterpump cover that looks identical to the Touratech I have. That is profit to Tourtech that has now gone to a Chinese forger. I'll get off my soap box now.

• Like 3

Agreed. Don’t complain the butchers in the high street has closed if you shop at Asda/Tesco/ all the others. 
but. 
As long as the “names” value it correctly ( and don’t take the piss out of us) and not just as touratech have done and double the price of luggage they don’t build (ortlieb for example) by adding their name to it. It’s a bit like “craft” beer ( home brew) brewers  charging a fortune ( over well founded old brewers who know what they’re doing) because some sucker will buy it. You could sell dog Shet to a bmw rider if it had touratech written on it. 
( I’m not saying their kit is crap. A bit like Levi’s and snap on, it’s the same quality as others but their marketing boys are brilliant).  I’m brand (and dealer) loyal until they take the piss. It has to work both ways. 

Installed the Acerbis tank.

Thanks to some tips on here and YouTube, but essentially it is an easy DIY.

Really pleased with the fit, look and capacity, having ridden 60 miles home and still showing full -unless the float isn't working - we shall see.

Decided to go for the locking cap, as I expected the vent pipe would foul with a tank bag, but the tank bag is too cumbersome with the new tank, so sold it and will do without. The purple vent pipe is a bit ugly to be fair, but the locking cap does sit high.

You really can't notice the larger tank size at all. Very pleased.

Just some lazy snaps from the install...

Main.jpeg

Rear.jpeg

Spare.jpeg

Edited by Burnsey
  • Like 7

This is not a problem with Giant Loop Tank bag. 

IMG_20220129_204803.jpg

IMG_20220129_132925.jpg

Edited by gnortz
  • Like 3

53 minutes ago, gnortz said:

This is not a problem with Giant Loop Tank bag. 

IMG_20220129_204803.jpg

IMG_20220129_132925.jpg

Looking at those, but the do you go Diablo or Fandango - 4L versus 8L?

The reason I sold the Mosko is the height and although the GL bags have the clever tank cap cut out, they're naturally high, so not sure it sorts the problem, for me.

Also, tough to get stock in UK.

11 hours ago, Burnsey said:

Installed the Acerbis tank.

Thanks to some tips on here and YouTube, but essentially it is an easy DIY.

Really pleased with the fit, look and capacity, having ridden 60 miles home and still showing full -unless the float isn't working - we shall see.

Decided to go for the locking cap, as I expected the vent pipe would foul with a tank bag, but the tank bag is too cumbersome with the new tank, so sold it and will do without. The purple vent pipe is a bit ugly to be fair, but the locking cap does sit high.

You really can't notice the larger tank size at all. Very pleased.

Just some lazy snaps from the install...

Main.jpeg

Rear.jpeg

Spare.jpeg

tank bag is too cumbersome with the new tank: Tank looks great but you could have kept the tank bag and used it as a tail bag. That is what I am doing. Works great in the back.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NeilW said:

tank bag is too cumbersome with the new tank: Tank looks great but you could have kept the tank bag and used it as a tail bag. That is what I am doing. Works great in the back.

I actually had a spare set of frame clips so it sat on the back seat, which is where I relocated when doing trails, but it's no back seat bag and I have other bags (I  know, I know) for the back seat.

I am a tank bag fan and the Mosko (fantastic bag) doesn't work for me now, so I'll think of another solution. That solution is likely to be no tank bag.

• Like 2