Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

What have you done for your T7 today?

Noel McCutcheon

2 hours ago, SKunn said:

Speaking of handguards, installed mine yesterday and acerbis looks good with new model.

20220218_180031.jpg

The hand guards look like a real match.  I just love the looks of the bike.  Is that a 2022 model?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Fraz's T7 said:

All the things. 150kms on it, the new suspension is amazing! Can't believe I did 10,000kms on the last one without it. What a difference it made🤙

Rally Raid open cartridge kit and rear spring, ktek rear valving. 

Camel high exhaust and fender, abh, rear rack and tail tidy. 

Cyclops LEDs 

Heated grips with real hand guards, a USB charging port, a rotopax and a little vinyl. This summer is going to be a good one!

IMG_20220216_175710.jpg

Can I see a photo of your cyclops lights and how did you wire them in? thx

7 minutes ago, DuncMan said:

Got bored with the crap weather so I accidentally ordered new decals, a tail tidy and an ali chain guard. 😜 Install early next week! 

Yes, that accidental ordering is a universal issue.......

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, NeilW said:

Can I see a photo of your cyclops lights and how did you wire them in? thx

Ya for sure, I can post this pics this evening. Pretty straight forward on the front. Wires tuck straight up from the tail tidy then just follow the stock routing. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, DuncMan said:

My excuse was it was blowing outside at worse 125mph winds! Broke the UK record ever recorded! Riding was out of the question despite it being reasonably sunny for the most part. Being miffed with my incarceration I comfort shopped. Retail therapy! Was all the wind's fault!! 

That's crazy wind! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Landshark said:

The hand guards look like a real match.  I just love the looks of the bike.  Is that a 2022 model?

2022 yes, never even started the bike. So odometer = 0km and spend-o-meter = shitloads and still counting.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Ray Ride4life said:

Conical bearings should be adjusted by feel, not torque.

The T7 manual states to torque to 75nm, back off  180deg, retorque to 7nm, perfect feel, no guessing, I'd say the the guy in France who assembled my bike was probably better at feeling himself.

I checked the steering by feel a few times looking for the strange knock in the front, it was as smooth as, small cost to fix $54 for bearings, a job that's easy for me perhaps not so for most others, then your looking at hundreds of dollars for someone else to fix.

Edited by Stevoh
  • Haha 2

On 1/2/2022 at 7:18 PM, Wintersdark said:

The good ones: 

Replace your bulky stock Yamaha front signals with low profile superbright LED Flushmounts from TST Industries.

The ones I have: https://www.amazon.ca/Indicator-Blinker-Universal-Motorcycle-2006-2009/dp/B07DN894V6/ref=sr_1_5?crid=3VLQEDCSCEAF4&keywords=flush%2Bmount%2Bsignals&qid=1641172427&sprefix=heated%2Bjacket%2Bliner%2Caps%2C108&sr=8-5&th=1

The amazon ones are bright - no problems there - but to make them work I had to cut down the flange around the nut (bit white plastic disk) and use the OEM plastic inserts on the inside of the nut.  They clamped on front and back really well that way.  You need the clear ones, not smoke - the smoke ones end up kind of dim.  

I also got a random amazon flasher to correct the flash rate, but it turned out the signals came with optional inline load resistors which I could have used instead.

If you're getting the TST ones, you can get them with the correct signal harnesses and a flasher relay as well.  I'd have done this, if not for the insane cost once you add shipping to Canada and the exchange rate.  TST's prices themselves are very reasonable.

Do you have a link to the flasher relay for those signals, I ended up getting those signals but didn't realize I need a different connection lol

14 hours ago, Stevoh said:

manual states

Manual also states 43Nm for the oil drain bolt which should be somewhere between 20 and 25Nm.
Problem with conical bearings is that they're hard to get seated and often need readjustment.
In most cases torque values are important to prevent damage caused by limitations of soft materials and/or the effect from expansion due to engine heat.
Some torque values are just there for the average mechanic, and for the record... nothing wrong with an average mechanic if that mechanic is a hobby mechanic like most of us right here.
Big problem is that a lot of dealers have even less than average mechanics nowadays.

• Like 2

Installed a camel adv tail tidy. I think yamaha used enough fasteners in the fender to assemble the space shuttle....

• Haha 4

ABS OFF mod completed: 

Edited by BADDANDY
2021 Yamaha Tenere 700
2019 Husqvarna TE 250i
2018 Husqy/Oberon/JD FE 450

5 hours ago, S.Ga.Rider said:

Installed a camel adv tail tidy. I think yamaha used enough fasteners in the fender to assemble the space shuttle....

I agree. I took off all the plastic all around and there were a lot of screws and stupid plastic fasteners. 

• Like 1

On 1/2/2022 at 8:18 PM, Wintersdark said:

The good ones: 

Replace your bulky stock Yamaha front signals with low profile superbright LED Flushmounts from TST Industries.

The ones I have: https://www.amazon.ca/Indicator-Blinker-Universal-Motorcycle-2006-2009/dp/B07DN894V6/ref=sr_1_5?crid=3VLQEDCSCEAF4&keywords=flush%2Bmount%2Bsignals&qid=1641172427&sprefix=heated%2Bjacket%2Bliner%2Caps%2C108&sr=8-5&th=1

The amazon ones are bright - no problems there - but to make them work I had to cut down the flange around the nut (bit white plastic disk) and use the OEM plastic inserts on the inside of the nut.  They clamped on front and back really well that way.  You need the clear ones, not smoke - the smoke ones end up kind of dim.  

I also got a random amazon flasher to correct the flash rate, but it turned out the signals came with optional inline load resistors which I could have used instead.

If you're getting the TST ones, you can get them with the correct signal harnesses and a flasher relay as well.  I'd have done this, if not for the insane cost once you add shipping to Canada and the exchange rate.  TST's prices themselves are very reasonable.

Does the Tenere have the DRL option? There’s a harness available from TST for it. 

Instagram @black_dog_moto

YouTube @ Black Dog Moto

3 hours ago, SKunn said:

Headlight got clear protective film.

What is clear protective film? Will it protect against breaking the headlight enclosure or keep from scratching. I got the Touratech cover. It is in my review- the fourth photo down from the top.  https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2021/12/15/touratech-guards-review-adv-motorcycle-armor-for-adventure

Edited by NeilW

2 hours ago, NeilW said:

What is clear protective film? Will it protect against breaking the headlight enclosure or keep from scratching. I got the Touratech cover. It is in my review- the fourth photo down from the top.  https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2021/12/15/touratech-guards-review-adv-motorcycle-armor-for-adventure

Protects it from scratching, particularly against small rocks and grit from the guy in front of you/kicked up from nearby cars.  If you actually hit something, it's not going to make any difference at all.  It's just a moderately thick clear vinyl film. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NeilW said:

Thinking of getting grill type and added some protection against scratches. Cant hurt for sure.

16 minutes ago, S.Ga.Rider said:

Huzar 40cm exhaust fitted and new progrip rally grips.

I promise I am not being sarcastic, I just want to learn why people are replacing their exhaust. Why did you install the Huzar exhaust? Mine is protected under the OEM panniers rack.

Thanks

30 minutes ago, NeilW said:

I promise I am not being sarcastic, I just want to learn why people are replacing their exhaust. Why did you install the Huzar exhaust? Mine is protected under the OEM panniers rack.

Thanks

I always swap them because I like to have a little more noise than what the stock exhaust provides. And you usually save a little weight. I weighed the stock exhaust and huzar and it saved 5.5lbs. That and my lithium battery has cut 12lbs.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, S.Ga.Rider said:

I always swap them because I like to have a little more noise than what the stock exhaust provides. And you usually save a little weight. I weighed the stock exhaust and huzar and it saved 5.5lbs. That and my lithium battery has cut 12lbs.

Thanks for the reply, I have added a lot of weight - SW Motech Center stand, Touratech Ralley skid plate, Touratech windshield adjuster, MSC Moto Steering Damper, Giant Loop Possibles pouch with 10# of tools in it, etc etc. I guess I am jealous of the skinny model on the catwalk while I eat a donut. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NeilW said:

Thanks for the reply, I have added a lot of weight - SW Motech Center stand, Touratech Ralley skid plate, Touratech windshield adjuster, MSC Moto Steering Damper, Giant Loop Possibles pouch with 10# of tools in it, etc etc. I guess I am jealous of the skinny model on the catwalk while I eat a donut. 

Horses for courses. If it helps you, it’s worth the weight. Even if it just helps your eyes. 
you know she wants that donut. 🍩

• Like 2

The Evotech radiator guards I ordered way back finally arrived, and I picked up some Grip Puppies to try out when I picked them up. The radiator guard and the Grip Puppies on the LHS were a perfect fit off the bat, although I had to trim the ones on the RHS a bit, so I guess the stock grips are actually slightly asymmetric or mine is just weird. Now I just need to get used to the added girth of my new grips.

IMG_20220223_172030.thumb.jpg.238a49f834c2f75c0b6d9d32bd1b3eb4.jpgIMG_20220223_172622.thumb.jpg.8e39b01b2b9289259b50f4af7fb92fbe.jpgIMG_20220223_173053.thumb.jpg.21c8f761b8fefc8fe02fdc6322aca0eb.jpg

• Like 1