Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

What have you done for your T7 today?

Noel McCutcheon

The OEM rear seat rack thingy came so swapped out the rear seat.

Basically, it sits a little higher, so more room underneath for storage, plus has a couple of lashing points on each side.

My Kriega base fits fine with it, (thought it may be too tight), so it will be a permanent feature, together with the Enduristan rear bag, which will get quickly swapped out when touring.

That's it - no more to add - at all  - well, there's been quite a lot 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Picked up my newly sprung shock and reinstalled it. Ordered the 90nm rally raid from rocky mnt atv. I dropped the  shock off at a shop so they could deal with getting the old spring off and new one on ha ha. I didn't have an interest in attempting it myself

20220303_180246.jpg

• Like 3

Oooh is that Yamaha's Rally seat?  I've been trying to find one with no luck whatsoever, seems to be out of stock everywhere.  Be so nice to not have the transition from rider/pillion on the seat to allow more comfortable movement around, and to get a little more height to un-cramp the knees.

Edit: I'm so jealous! A tw200 as well?  Do want.

Edited by Wintersdark
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Wintersdark said:

Oooh is that Yamaha's Rally seat?  I've been trying to find one with no luck whatsoever, seems to be out of stock everywhere.  Be so nice to not have the transition from rider/pillion on the seat to allow more comfortable movement around, and to get a little more height to un-cramp the knees.

Edit: I'm so jealous! A tw200 as well?  Do want.

Yes. It is a Yamaha Rally seat. I got lucky and saw a guy posted one for sale in Cali and snagged it quickly. 

And yes. A TW200. Love riding it with my kids in the trails around here. They have always been such good reliable bikes. 

I just put my double take mirrors on the Tenere this morning as well. Heading out for a ride. 

20220303_160158.thumb.jpg.57f74f2a482ac1ac46800312c8f35dea.jpg

• Like 2

Mad respect.

The only reason I haven't done this - the only reason! - is because I'm very anal about such things and would probably go completely insane trying to get it *just right*.  This looks pretty damn good, though, can't wait to see the finished product!

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, DuncMan said:

Just started getting the T700 stickered up. Not the easiest job, especially if you're a tad anal. Fingers crossed!

https://overlandrider.com/the-yamaha-tenere-700-begins-to-get-stickered/

PANEL.thumb.jpg.6b5eb24af33bfe01b9df6c5ee44160d0.jpg

Lemme guess, this was an AHA moment?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

My sargent seat arrived today. Got it put on but have to put the matching cover on the rear. That will be my sunday project.

Ordered the orange Rottweiler mirrors at Rally Motor and put a RAM boll on one of the steering clamps for the RAM Quick grip phone holder.
When the suspension and the mirrors are in and installed i think Sporherre (the name of my T7) is complete and then it's just riding and normal maintenance... until i do find something else....
Still waiting on the new handle bar but that's just a colour swap because i would get a new one under warranty so i asked if it could be the black one from the rally.

• Like 2

On 3/2/2022 at 8:43 PM, SKunn said:

There is some gap between lever and bars. What if you use center hole and cut off the extra?

Interesting mod. Thanks for sharing that. I am going to swap out the OEM bars with SW Motech crash bars so I can have the full range of the 1 finger.

I'm doing up my first order from a mob in Oz called Motorrad Garage.  I'm going to order the SW mototech lower crash bars and Center Stand as well as a set of Bark Busters.   I can't decide on the color though, I have the 2022 White variant, I can go white, or I can go these red ones.  What do you think?

Apologies for the crappy cut-n-paste

2022-Yamaha-Tenere-700-BARK.jpg.8fc479a0180fea859af4cee19b9e1fba.jpg

• Like 1

One consideration I didn't mention was visibility, it's why I went with the White bike in the first place.  I don't give a sh*t what anyone else thinks my bike looks like, as long as they see it, that's all that matters when I'm navigating a shade speckled country road.  To hell with it, I'm getting the RED ones.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, winddown said:

One consideration I didn't mention was visibility, it's why I went with the White bike in the first place.  I don't give a sh*t what anyone else thinks my bike looks like, as long as they see it, that's all that matters when I'm navigating a shade speckled country road.  To hell with it, I'm getting the RED ones.

Not sure your thought process of a couple of red plastic bits will stop you getting sideswiped, but as you say, who gives a sh1t?

Edited by Burnsey

21 minutes ago, Burnsey said:

Not sure your thought process of a couple of red plastic will stop you getting sideswiped, but as you say, who gives a sh1t?

It's for the kangaroos, they hate red, especially shades close to the Eremophila Calorhabdos.  We all have red bits on our bikes here in Oz.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Burnsey said:

Not sure your thought process of a couple of red plastic bits will stop you getting sideswiped, but as you say, who gives a sh1t?

We are invisible to cars and idiots on motorcycles going in the opposite direction off road. Especially in blind corners. Do yourself a favor and have your least favorite friend lead on the trail. ….

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, winddown said:

I'm doing up my first order from a mob in Oz called Motorrad Garage.  I'm going to order the SW mototech lower crash bars and Center Stand as well as a set of Bark Busters.   I can't decide on the color though, I have the 2022 White variant, I can go white, or I can go these red ones.  What do you think?

Apologies for the crappy cut-n-paste

2022-Yamaha-Tenere-700-BARK.jpg.8fc479a0180fea859af4cee19b9e1fba.jpg

I like the red!  …looks like it belongs in the dirt!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

When you use the bike right they will be brown soon enough.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Got my sargent seat and rear matching seat cover installed. It turned out well and they had a presidents day sale that saved me $60 over the normal prices. I would have taken a pic but my bike is covered in pollen. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, winddown said:

Damn right mate. That's why I chose red Acerbis, too.

Just got myself a rally seat as well, found a decent offer here in Germany.

@Kingsize You're lucky, I didn't get any stickers with my Camel ADV order 😢 Ordered some stuff from Bikes Peak (local distributor).

Edited by Tenerider
  • Like 3

New shoes day!  Now posted in the correct thread! 

20220307_132144.thumb.jpg.966f10f02306a3a40fca86e5cdaf5e7f.jpg

So stoked for these.  Absolutely love new tires.  Just have to decide if I'm gonna mount the rear in 50/50 direction or full offroad direction.

• Like 8

14 hours ago, Wintersdark said:

So stoked for these.  Absolutely love new tires.  Just have to decide if I'm gonna mount the rear in 50/50 direction or full offroad direction.

They look trick alright.  What's the side effect for highway use if you mount them full offroad, Noisier?  Less traction?

17 hours ago, Wintersdark said:

New shoes day!  Now posted in the correct thread! 

20220307_132144.thumb.jpg.966f10f02306a3a40fca86e5cdaf5e7f.jpg

I can't see from the pics, what's the type and size of those? Thanks!