Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

What have you done for your T7 today?

Noel McCutcheon

I put on my Camel ADV one finger clutch kit and took a ride. I'd say the pull isn't drastically different, but the friction zone is much improved. Modulation is easier to control.

20220312_141047.thumb.jpg.2ff15fd5912e405778b535eeae78e5ad.jpg

20220312_141011.thumb.jpg.71dcbc44421d6afda2e4f21433d4e49d.jpg

• Like 4

Bundled up and went for a cold ride to test the black widow exhaust. 

15D1B06B-9CB4-4EB4-B45C-FFB9E22A7A97.jpeg

• Like 8

Instagram @black_dog_moto

YouTube @ Black Dog Moto

I finally picked her up today!

20220314_161622.thumb.jpg.9921fa92604c62ca176de958ad12cf1c.jpg

As I said elsewhere, I don't have license yet. Since you need to attend driving school in Germany,  I convinced my bike teacher to start today's lesson at my local dealer.

Apart from low speed maneuvers (need to get used to her a bit), I immediately felt comfortable and really enjoyed the ride. Seating position fits very well for me (FAR better than on the SV650 I had to ride until today).

Power delivery is perfect for a beginner like me, the wind screen has reasonable size/height for me. Everything is even better than expected.

Will need to make some minor adjustments to levers etc, but nothing critical.

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Tenerider said:

As I said elsewhere, I don't have license yet. Since you need to attend driving school in Germany,  I convinced my bike teacher to start today's lesson at my local dealer.

Apart from low speed maneuvers (need to get used to her a bit), I immediately felt comfortable and really enjoyed the ride. Seating position fits very well for me (FAR better than on the SV650 I had to ride until today).

Power delivery is perfect for a beginner like me, the wind screen has reasonable size/height for me. Everything is even better than expected.

If all you do is make some minor adjustments to the levers I will be impressed by your restraint. This whole forum is about adding and changing bits and pieces. Good luck with that 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, NeilW said:

If all you do is make some minor adjustments to the levers I will be impressed by your restraint. This whole forum is about adding and changing bits and pieces. Good luck with that 🙂

Yeah. I was talking about this week's work only 😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tenerider said:

Beautiful bike. 😍 

It's honestly my favorite color scheme.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tenerider said:

Fantastic. Nice one bud. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AdamXTZ said:

New colour for rear part and K-Tech springs

Did you take the tail plastic off and have it painted Adam?

TORQUE QUESTION

Can anyone confirm the torques on the upper engine bolts when installing SW crash bars.  Is it 75 N.m for the large 12mm bolts at the front and 55N.m for the smaller 10mm bolts at the rear?  The pictures in the manual are a bit ambiguous.

Edited by winddown

47 minutes ago, winddown said:

TORQUE QUESTION

Can anyone confirm the torques on the upper engine bolts when installing SW crash bars.  Is it 75 N.m for the large 12mm bolts at the front and 55N.m for the smaller 10mm bolts at the rear?  The pictures in the manual are a bit ambiguous.

The Yamaha install guide calls for 55ft/lb for the top. 

• Like 2

Instagram @black_dog_moto

YouTube @ Black Dog Moto

8 minutes ago, danruss said:

Installed the Camel ADV side stand spring.  Super fast install and so much stronger.

Camel Adv makes great products. Too bad some people buy the Chinese knock off to save a few $. They deserve our collective support. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, danruss said:

Installed the Camel ADV side stand spring.  Super fast install and so much stronger.

That's what I call a great vid. Other videos wouldn’t have even finished unboxing when you are already done.

• Like 4

On 3/13/2022 at 12:50 PM, Kingsize said:

I put on my Camel ADV one finger clutch kit and took a ride. I'd say the pull isn't drastically different, but the friction zone is much improved. Modulation is easier to control.

20220312_141047.thumb.jpg.2ff15fd5912e405778b535eeae78e5ad.jpg

20220312_141011.thumb.jpg.71dcbc44421d6afda2e4f21433d4e49d.jpg

Agreed. Easy install. Using middle hole. I cut the end off my stock clutch lever for two finger operation 

• Like 1

Purchased the ST2 smart turn system on sale at Louis.
Don't want to clutter it with too much gadgets but often when i turn of the main road on to some dirt i forget the turn signal.
20% off and i had a €7,50 deposit ticket for returning a broken battery.

• Like 3

Just have fixed my rear blinkers (LED aftermarket, installed by dealer). One had a loose connection (at first I assumed it must be a Lucas branded item).

But it turned out that both cables were on the short side, so that the bullet connectors (don't know what they're called) didn't lock properly. Had to disassemble the tail tidy stuff to gain access to the loose connection. Hope it will last. Definitely will be talking to the dealer about this.

Furthermore, I adjusted my gear/foot brake levers.

Skipped installation of @Camel ADV anti-bobble kit and side stand spring.

By the way, is it just me who didn't get any stickers with my order? 😢

Might be because I ordered at their German distri.

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor
24 minutes ago, Tenerider said:

Just have fixed my rear blinkers (LED aftermarket, installed by dealer). One had a loose connection (at first I assumed it must be a Lucas branded item).

But it turned out that both cables were on the short side, so that the bullet connectors (don't know what they're called) didn't lock properly. Had to disassemble the tail tidy stuff to gain access to the loose connection. Hope it will last. Definitely will be talking to the dealer about this.

Furthermore, I adjusted my gear/foot brake levers.

Skipped installation of @Camel ADV anti-bobble kit and side stand spring.

By the way, is it just me who didn't get any stickers with my order? 😢

Might be because I ordered at their German distri.

Bigger items have stickers in the box. Smaller items like 1 Finger Clutch, side stand spring, Anti Bobble Heads etc (basically anything bagged rather than boxed) don't get stickers because they simply don't travel well in bags. By the time they get where they are going, the stickers are mangled. If we make the packaging bigger/bulkier to protect the stickers, the already pricy shipping charges get even higher. It's a balancing act.

• Like 6

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

8 minutes ago, Camel ADV said:

Bigger items have stickers in the box. Smaller items like 1 Finger Clutch, side stand spring, Anti Bobble Heads etc (basically anything bagged rather than boxed) don't get stickers because they simply don't travel well in bags. By the time they get where they are going, the stickers are mangled. If we make the packaging bigger/bulkier to protect the stickers, the already pricy shipping charges get even higher. It's a balancing act.

Seems like I need to order a skid soon 😁

Edited by Tenerider
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Tenerider said:

Seems like I need to order a skid soon 😁

Or you could PM your mailing address to me and I'll send you a few.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Landshark said:

Or you could PM your mailing address to me and I'll send you a few.  

Man, you're great! Actually I think it would not make too much sense, unless you let me know if you'd accept  me paying the postage to Germany... 🙂

• Like 2

Just now, Tenerider said:

Man, you're great! Actually I think it would not make too much sense, unless you let me know if you'd accept  me paying the postage to Germany... 🙂

Can't be to much.  Give me an address and I'll stick them in an envelope with some cardboard around them and see what happens.  I'll send them by mail so you get them by Christmas.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Pretty much done. I just have it sitting in the sun letting the decals cure now. Once that is complete, it's on to the @Camel ADV high fender kit and Heed guards.

20220316_160848.thumb.jpg.1bfbc25d51a4a09e19b53cd0f47b1a4e.jpg

20220316_130407.thumb.jpg.35afc812662feb1bd0999dad0a2ae6d7.jpg

Edited by Kingsize
  • Like 5

Introduced the T7 to some snow at higher elevations while riding pieces of the MABDR in Central PA's  Bald Eagle SF. Great day to be out riding, temps in the 60s.

20220316_115601.thumb.jpg.46cbef9287b632ed2a46e1c8dfdc22c6.jpg

• Like 5