Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

SuperMoto T7?

Rich TT

Super Aleks. Top job. I also thought about a quickshifter and one day I'm going to get it remapped with DNS snorkel delete/filter from Phil Seton tuning. He's a bit of a Yamaha reflash guru.

Rich

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rich TT said:

Super Aleks. Top job. I also thought about a quickshifter and one day I'm going to get it remapped with DNS snorkel delete/filter from Phil Seton tuning. He's a bit of a Yamaha reflash guru.

Rich

Tell me more about this guru... 🤣🤣🤣

I was thinking about the delete but without tuning the bike and an exhaust it might cause fueling issues 🤔

Edited by Aleksandar13

Just now, Aleksandar13 said:

Tell me more about this guru... 🤣🤣🤣

I was thinking about the delete but without tuning the bike and an exhaust it might cause fueling issues 🤔

He said that's a really bad idea as would run super weak. He knows what he's doing. 

See here on thread for MT-07.

In Colchester. I've had a good chat with him. He'll set the bike up on the rolling road and may spend all day getting it right.

My MT-07 has Akro exhaust with shortened baffle plus DNA air filter and top plate (Yamaha...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rich TT said:

He said that's a really bad idea as would run super weak. He knows what he's doing. 

See here on thread for MT-07.

In Colchester. I've had a good chat with him. He'll set the bike up on the rolling road and may spend all day getting it right.

My MT-07 has Akro exhaust with shortened baffle plus DNA air filter and top plate (Yamaha...

My ars is going to have to deal with the stock seat for a while I guess😅....Colchester is 20 min away from me... 

Filter from dna with plate?and £300 for the tune..🤔 @Rich TTyou are not making life easy.

2 minutes ago, Aleksandar13 said:

My ars is going to have to deal with the stock seat for a while I guess😅....Colchester is 20 min away from me... 

Filter from dna with plate?and £300 for the tune..🤔@Rich TTyou are not making life easy.

Sorry! Yep, not cheap but I can tell the engine gets breathless at 9k plus and I'm sure it would be a huge difference. I had my old Tuono V4R remapped and it turned an immense bike even more mental!

• Like 1

Man this bike is looking better and better every time I take it out for a spin... 🙂

IMG_20200411_111924.jpg

• Like 4

Good choice on the fork height!

If you dont have enough trail it tries to fall into the corners.

Sv with  gixxer 600 forks and trips was nasty.

Only way to ride it was turn in late  and ride the back out of every corner.

Not fun on a track bike.

Worse for the street

1 hour ago, gone2seed said:

Try 28  front and 30 back.

usually ran the conti attacks on the 701sm a bit lower.

I'll try that and see if its better than what I have at the moment... Thank you for the suggestion. 

recommended: Bridgestone S22 + Öhlins upgrade (front/rear) 

XT 700 X SuperMoto Great job!!!

• Like 1

On 4/13/2020 at 7:47 PM, Wildduck said:

recommended: Bridgestone S22 + Öhlins upgrade (front/rear) 

XT 700 X SuperMoto Great job!!!

Thank you for the suggestion but for now I'll get my rear spring changed to 90nm very soon and this will probably save me from buying a new shock. 

• Premium Member

Said this before: the brake pads are not full depth of the discs. So there should be some way to fit full height pads (may be check MT-07 pads not sure if you have to have different Callipers. Looks to be as if full sweep pads should be do able. 

• Like 1

Just now, X Plane said:

Said this before: the brake pads are not full depth of the discs. So there should be some way to fit full height pads (may be check MT-07 pads not sure if you have to have different Callipers. Looks to be as if full sweep pads should be do able. 

Calipers are different between the bikes so I am not sure if this will work , I will try some EBC HH pads they seem to have good reviews.

Aleks

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Aleksandar13 said:

Calipers are different between the bikes so I am not sure if this will work , I will try some EBC HH pads they seem to have good reviews.

Aleks

Yeah know brake calipers bolt on differently.

I still reckon with some research that there is a pad out there somewhere that could be modded or fits to sweep the entire full depth of discs. That would be a huge difference over all the 4 pads areas.

Good luck EBC HH should be bit better, try Brembo Fast Road or Track (SA / SC). 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, X Plane said:

Yeah know calibers bolt on differently. I reckon that there is a pad out there somewhere that could be modded or fits to sweep the entire full depth of discs. That be a huge difference over all the 4 pads areas. Good luck EBC HH should be bit better, try Brembo Fast Road or Track (SA / SC). 

Agreed. Brembo SA pads (red) are awesome, no question. I highly recommend them. Transformed the brakes on my "winter hack" Aprilia Pegaso Trail.

Rich

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, Rich TT said:

Agreed. Brembo SA pads (red) are awesome, no question. I highly recommend them. Transformed the brakes on my "winter hack" Aprilia Pegaso Trail.

Rich

Yep, Brembo SA sorted out my Yamaha MT-10 brakes.

• Like 2

Martin from Torque racing will set my bike up on the 1st and have a look at the front springs as well in case I need to change them as well. Rear is going in and it is 90nm spring.

Will have to see if I can find brembo pads 🙂 , you guys @Rich TT and @X Plane are not helping 🙂 ..another option to think about... I found a supplier in Italy but would like to buy from Uk .. any ideas?

Aleks

17 minutes ago, Aleksandar13 said:

Martin from Torque racing will set my bike up on the 1st and have a look at the front springs as well in case I need to change them as well. Rear is going in and it is 90nm spring.

Will have to see if I can find brembo pads 🙂 , you guys @Rich TT and @X Plane are not helping 🙂 ..another option to think about... I found a supplier in Italy but would like to buy from Uk .. any ideas?

Aleks

I think these are the part numbers according to this website. I "think" the calipers are pretty identical to the ones on the XT660 Tenere when I compared my mates to these.

07BB04SA

Find great deals on eBay for 07BB04SA. Shop with confidence.

They fit loads of bikes, unsurprisingly.

Cheers

Rich

Edited by Rich TT
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Rich TT said:

I do like that exhaust. Looks the business.

Thank you, I think it suits the bike style and it sounds amazing as well.. On the loud side... I wouldn't want to have it on motorways for long journeys 🙂

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 4/11/2020 at 5:35 PM, Aleksandar13 said:

Man this bike is looking better and better every time I take it out for a spin... 🙂

IMG_20200411_111924.jpg

@Alekstander13 it’s high time to replace that generic T7 profile pic to one with your SM mod 17” wheels!😁

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, X Plane said:

@Alekstander13 it’s high time to replace that generic T7 profile pic to one with your SM mod 17” wheels!😁

Managed to do it 😊

• Thanks 1

Bike looks great...I used to run my XR650R in supermoto form and it was excellent,  the T7 must be a blast. I know the sticky road tyres are perfect for supermoto...but if you want to do some green laning or fire roads you can get some tyres with fairly chunky tread for the 17'' rims!   Cheers,  Steve 

Screenshot_20200404-121916_Gallery.jpg

• Like 1