Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Drop your random ride pics

Ray Ride4life

1 minute ago, Moki said:

I can only imagine, I'd like to do it but I want to go with a strong experienced rider. Good job!

Once you get there, there's an option to take another route (Ophir pass) which is a little easier and will get you to the Bridal Veil falls.  I've heard the views on Ophir pass are also spectacular.

• Like 1

With great horsepower, comes great responsibility .... loss of traction!

• Moderators
On 8/22/2022 at 10:25 AM, yambam said:

Raw photos from my wee trip in the hills at the weekend. 

DSC_0042.jpg

DSC_0045.jpg

DSC_0046.jpg

Desktop background material right there, awesome scenery and composition! 

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

Press the button and she says "Moo Moo, I love you"

image.png.7000941dece50449896106d351933503.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

15 hours ago, Hibobb said:

Press the button and she says "Moo Moo, I love you"

image.png.7000941dece50449896106d351933503.png

How do you like and how is riding with the hard cases?  I have a set and have yet to use them   😕

For my style of riding, they are great. Jacket, pants, groceries, tools, beer... all easy to get to fast and the weight is low. Have not ridden in a long hard rain yet but I think they would leak a bit, but that is what trash bags are for... 

Obviously offroad they would suck but they come off in half a minute. 

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

Hwy 1 between Davenport and San Gregorio on the Cali coast. Been home all week recovering from my second bout of COVID this year, yesterday was the first day I’m allowed to go out with a mask on (CDC guidelines) I chose a helmet instead! Where else can you look out over the ocean, temperatures in 60’s, and 100 miles later arrive back at home in 109 degrees?

Once you leave the traffic in San Jose those roads are wonderful to ride, we call them ghost roads and they twist like a ride at Disneyland.

Bonus, I’m over 1000 miles now on my T7.

B3930A35-D0BA-43DA-80AB-46A8050C81A2.jpeg

Edited by Husafreak
  • Like 3

For last two weeks I have been collecting wood for the upcoming winter. My T7 is really good horse to take me wherever I want. Today's sunset.

1663352088910.jpg

• Like 1

On 9/17/2022 at 4:38 AM, slawmir said:

For last two weeks I have been collecting wood for the upcoming winter. My T7 is really good horse to take me wherever I want. Today's sunset.

1663352088910.jpg

That's a very practical looking pipe?  It clears the OEM indicators nicely.   I had to remove mine, a real pain in the arse fitting the little aftermarket ones too.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, winddown said:

That's a very practical looking pipe?  It clears the OEM indicators nicely.   I had to remove mine, a real pain in the arse fitting the little aftermarket ones too.

You're right, the pipe is practical. Every time I wanna go for a ride I have to move my T7 through the narrow gate out of my backyard. The gate is only  90cm wide. With the OEM exhaust on it would be impossible without scratching the pipe or the other parts of the bike. 

Short window of opportunity to ride up in these alpine altitudes. Just over 2200m asl near the bridge & Yalakom rivers, BC interior. A less than ideal day for views. Bald rear tyre & a full load didn’t make it any easier, but it was still one of many highlights of that weekend’s camping. 

792FD335-4486-4BD5-83BF-A837B6022668.jpeg

9EDE4D1D-A360-43A3-989F-259DE97EABBA.jpeg

• Like 6

A late afternoon's ride with way too much traffic for fun riding. Anyway, at least the weather was fine.20220922_170757.jpg.d2f9c656e94b806f339898f1dfde96a3.jpg

• Like 1

It starting to get dark, this was around 20:00 on my way home from work.
The light reaches further but the camera doesn't catch that because i'm too lazy to change the settings and it was raining.
IMG_20220926_200505.jpg.c41231b57dd3539e4f133d7dba0d9eeb.jpg

• Like 2

So today she is 18 months old and has 32 k km and she hasn't missed a beat. Original chain and sprockets and the the rear K60 has 20k km and the front K60 has 17k km.

She still looks great as ever.

20221001_122924.jpg

• Like 5

From a three day, 800 mile trip into West Virginia last week. Always wonderful riding both on- and off-road there with great scenery, and I was amazed how much fresh pavement had been laid this year. 

20220926_102756.jpg.cc206add3c0903585e92b4c614975324.jpg20220926_112108.jpg.c966698de8b8ec2b90377e7d5cdc457e.jpg

• Like 8

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Had a tough day on the Tenere last week.

I was going to ride my KLX, but because I hadn't ridden it in a couple months, the main jet was clogged, so I had to hurriedly move my gear to my Tenere. Got a flat about an hour into the ride, but I didn't have a tube, I'd left it on the KLX. Had to send one of my buddies into town to buy one.

Then, I was feeling cocky and rode into the East Fork Of the Little River here in Alabama without looking. I'd ridden here before on my R100GS and hadn't had an issue. This time the bottom was covered in algae and as slick as ice.

Went down and hydro locked my bike. After some screwing around, I sent my riding buddy of to Little River Adventure Company to see if anyone could help.

The owner, Giorgio, and his cousin came down with a pick up truck and hauled my bike and my dumb ass out of there.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2