Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Drop your random ride pics

Ray Ride4life

2 hours ago, NeilW said:

[...] not to ride alone off-road (especially if the road is 32 miles long and muddy)[...]

That's a contradiction in terms a lot of riders use today no matter what country they live in.

If I go offroad there are no roads.

2 hours ago, Ede-DE said:

That's a contradiction in terms a lot of riders use today no matter what country they live in.

Good to know you help us not to make these faults again.

Could you just try and not be that guy?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ede-DE said:

I see what you mean but for us if there is no road you are not going there because where there's no road it's the dense boreal forest...a road is simply a path connecting two points.  For me I see offroad has a unmaintained road where no typical road vehicle can go on it because it is too rough or muddy, so a offroad vehicle is required to accessed it and that somewhat fit the definition because it is not a normal road.  For me a road will have a ditch on each side but it could been unmaintained for the last 75 years, if its beat up and washed out and over grown it is going offroad but still a road because it was built as a road.  A trail dose not have ditch's it is a cleared path or travelled path never intended for road vehicle which is also offroad very confusing I know.   

image.png.2e33dbadad2bade9619733f744dad89c.png

image.png.9dd70c902a820fba46c8013ca00a0d46.png

image.png.bd7f75423865b8032b9e16569eed4397.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Moderators

Gentlemen,  out of respect for our late friend Ray that started this thread for Random Ride Pics,  please keep it on topic. If you wish to debate definitions,  start a new topic under the proper sub forum, Off Topic Discussions.  Thank you

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

The green milk crate is an anti theft device...

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

The weather was a little above freezing point, rainy and stormy. The best for a nice ride in my home area.😘

U995 is a relict from WWII and located as a monument on the beach in Laboe/Germany (54.41231° N, 10.22902° E)

U995.jpg

• Like 2

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, Ede-DE said:

The weather was a little above freezing point, rainy and stormy. The best for a nice ride in my home area.😘

U995 is a relict from WWII and located as a monument on the beach in Laboe/Germany (54.41231° N, 10.22902° E)

U995.jpg

Nice spin out just what U need lol

Making the best out of a few hours without rain:

20231227_150847.jpg.ed2ec81d0b35e3fb477df4a22012d8c6.jpg

What a great bike our T7 is! Although I'm not running the best onroad tires, the fun it delivers on tarmac again surprised me. Even more so since I've had my mapping optimized a bit.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Tenerider said:

….. more so since I've had my mapping optimized a bit.

@Tenerider Is a re-mapping a worth while?  Who, where, price cost?

11 minutes ago, Noel McCutcheon said:

@Tenerider Is a re-mapping a worth while?  Who, where, price cost?

Well, I'd say it's not necessary, but it's more fun. Fuel efficiency is a little bit worse in my case. I should say that I've added a different airbox inlet and filter as well, not sure what has the bigger effect, but there is definitely noticeable more mid-range torque. Plus, smoother transition from engine braking to acceleration, less jerky throttle (which I didn't find too jerky before).

ECU flash was done by Off-the-road.de, my local dealer:

Due to various homologation regulations, the Yamaha Tenere 700 is, unfortunately, delivered with some electronic power restrictions in various load…

A friend of mine has it installed for maybe half a year now, we both think it's nice to have, but both of us could live without it. It's not that the T7 felt underpowered to me before.

That being said, I'd do the ECU flash again.

P.S.: Mine is a Euro5 bike.

Edited by Tenerider
  • Like 2

Nice late December 50 degree F temps in PA, coupled with rain to produce a bit of surface mud, made for a great ride today on the MABDR's section 5. A lot more precipitation is needed to restore the lake levels decimated by this summer's drought in this area.

20231228_125502.jpg.697a834f2334c2ee6d0cc795d228fcbb.jpg

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, katana said:

609km in 11 hours, including breakfast and lunch.

IMG-20231229-WA0005.jpeg

IMG-20231229-WA0015.jpeg

Yeah man!

• Like 1

On 12/29/2023 at 3:39 AM, jdub53 said:

Nice late December 50 degree F temps in PA, coupled with rain to produce a bit of surface mud, made for a great ride today on the MABDR's section 5. A lot more precipitation is needed to restore the lake levels decimated by this summer's drought in this area.

20231228_125502.jpg.697a834f2334c2ee6d0cc795d228fcbb.jpg

Don't pray for water...

You might get heard.

Some areas in northern Germany are flooded in a way that people are forced to leave their homes for security reasons. And there's more rain to come. I'm lucky to live north of that area.

Northern_Germany_flooded.jpeg

Edited by Ede-DE
typos

• Premium Member
On 12/27/2023 at 4:33 PM, Tenerider said:

Well, I'd say it's not necessary, but it's more fun. Fuel efficiency is a little bit worse in my case. I should say that I've added a different airbox inlet and filter as well, not sure what has the bigger effect, but there is definitely noticeable more mid-range torque. Plus, smoother transition from engine braking to acceleration, less jerky throttle (which I didn't find too jerky before).

ECU flash was done by Off-the-road.de, my local dealer:

Due to various homologation regulations, the Yamaha Tenere 700 is, unfortunately, delivered with some electronic power restrictions in various load…

A friend of mine has it installed for maybe half a year now, we both think it's nice to have, but both of us could live without it. It's not that the T7 felt underpowered to me before.

That being said, I'd do the ECU flash again.

P.S.: Mine is a Euro5 bike.

@tenere rider Spot on answer, thanks 👍

• 2 weeks later...

A cool crisp morning. If it's going to be cold it might as well be pretty and white too.

snowy.jpg.e45f994d05771c95bd7fb6687734753b.jpg

• Like 8

Hello all!

Wanted to share my ride on Jan 11 before our cold (cold for me) weather kicked in. It was mid 40's (F) after some recent snow and then rain washing it away. This looks south across Cumberland Valley, Pennsylvania farmland. In the distance is the Mid Atlantic BDR coming off the mountain in the horizon. It heads north toward me and a bit west to the Tuscarora Mountains. I had plans to ride parts of it on the north side of the mountains but they were still snow covered  and I was not about to test the stock tires in snow! So it was 130 miles of asphalt riding with scouting for future dirt. Still a great ride!

(Sorry, not sure why the picture is sideways)tenere011124lessthan1.5mbimage0.jpeg.044c1539bbc02d3453960a9b9fe532e0.jpeg

• Like 6

But it's a little difficult with a desktop pc...

tenere011124lessthan1.5mbimage0.jpeg.044c1539bbc02d3453960a9b9fe532e0.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1