Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Canadian Shipment Confirmed!

GPSAT

On 6/13/2020 at 9:17 AM, SF11 said:

Well I didn't get to collect my bike yesterday! When I called them around 4pm, was told my sales guy was off for the weekend, and my bike is in line with 27 other PDI's!

I wish we could get them in the crate and predeliver it ourselves. Probably do a better job. And you’d have your bike already. 

I will be calling tomorrow to see where mine is. If they say July or August I may give up on waiting. Season is too short as it is. 

Edited by Saskten

16 minutes ago, Saskten said:

If they say July or August I may give up on waiting. Season is too short as it is. 

Ktm 790 Adventure R. 

If my 700 isn't here by the first of July I'm buying the 790. I've ridden it now 3 times and all I can is say wow. Such a great bike, SOOO much power and Im a huge fan of WP suspension. 

Figure the Tenere was a good pick for sure. Solid engine and a bit cheaper. That said, it's a cheaper bike for a reason. Nothing wrong with that, I'm planning on getting one. But like you said, life is short, the season is flying by and I have a couple rides I want to check off this summer and Yamaha will lose my money, like many others with their cage fight pre-order debacle if the bike isn't here soon. 

I think both bikes will do that they're intended to do. 

I had a pleasant surprise this morning, bike was ready for me to pick it up! I've spent the day starting to break her in, and yes it is lovely!

A little info to help those still waiting, I pre-ordered Nov 29, and mine is a bit over 600th off the line.

Edited by SF11
  • Like 3

• Moderators
5 hours ago, SF11 said:

I had a pleasant surprise this morning, bike was ready for me to pick it up! I've spent the day starting to break her in, and yes it is lovely!

A little info to help those still waiting, I pre-ordered Nov 29, and mine is a bit over 600th off the line.

That's great news, congrats on the pickup. Where in Canada are you located?

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

3 hours ago, tenerecanada said:

That's great news, congrats on the pickup. Where in Canada are you located?

Thanks! I'm about 5 hours north of Edmonton in Grande Prairie, Alberta

No second shipment to sask dealers yet. Now they’re saying mid July. 

Im surprised how many  dates are being thrown out there. Seems nobody really knows. I’ve never seen so much confusion before. 

guessing there is now a case for "early summer" as that will be mid-late summer Yamaha

do you think they have improved some things. normally, the first batch-they find some things. in a way. I would prefer all the updates they have learned since the first Euro bikes...as some have been in for 10k km service

my dealer also says maybe mid July-er, or... sounded like they are tired of listening to the same old horse sheet

fuch, wanna ride!

7 minutes ago, H20ham said:

guessing there is now a case for "early summer" as that will be mid-late summer Yamaha

do you think they have improved some things. normally, the first batch-they find some things. in a way. I would prefer all the updates they have learned since the first Euro bikes...as some have been in for 10k km service

my dealer also says maybe mid July-er, or... sounded like they are tired of listening to the same old horse sheet

fuch, wanna ride!

Hey @H20ham,  I've noticed you've been waiting quite some time, and ahem, so have I.

There is a large shipment coming mid July from what I've been reading.

Also, Yamaha factories started back up on Monday.

You and I have about a month.  🔑

Edited by ADVUSA
  • Like 2

Cheers

guess what bothers me, is the dealer saying May, then June, now July

I use bikes for my business, i have others. So not a huge deal

would have been better if they said nothing, or I dont know. 

• Like 1

Getting excited. Dealer told me this today: (I'm in BC)

Yamaha just billed us for your earlier deposit which means they will be
invoicing us and shipping shortly. Based on how they did the first wave,
which should see it by the end of the month.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, H20ham said:

Cheers

guess what bothers me, is the dealer saying May, then June, now July

I use bikes for my business, i have others. So not a huge deal

would have been better if they said nothing, or I dont know. 

I hear ya Sir.  Do you have a bike rental business? I'm curious, how do you use bikes for business?  Tour guiding?

Cheers   😀

Towing, my service vehicle is a motor bike. Back country stuff too, snowmobile in the winter...

I use a 1986TLR250R (the rare monoshock) as trails connect a lot of little communities around here.

Wanting more highway use. Have a 2018 Versys thats just okay (it was free like many of my bikes). And a CRF450 that is also good, but not as tight trail technical as the TLR.

Not expecting the T7 to replace the TLR, but I am selling it and a 2014 ninja once (if) the T7 arrives

I run a quiver of Lotus for the long distance service calls, or if its going to rain.

i know, too many vehicles.

I would love to see if before the end of the month, summer is busy with tourists. And fall is ideal for touring back country/ high country camping etc

Has anyone gotten their T7 off the second shipment.  I ordered mine at the end of November and my dealer still does not have a date☹

• Thanks 1

I think Yamaha customer service was getting annoyed by me:   

YMCA_Customer_Relations
Wed, Jun 24, 4:22 PM (2 days ago):

Hello,

The next shipment I think is expected around mid-summer. When it gets closer your dealer will know, as I was telling in my previous email.

Regards,

Diane

Edited by Yuba

I see they’ve released a new Tenere 700 rally model. They say it will be available in dealerships in July. We will still be waiting for early delivery bikes but you can walk in and get a rally off the showroom floor . How’s that work?

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, Saskten said:

I see they’ve released a new Tenere 700 rally model. They say it will be available in dealerships in July. We will still be waiting for early delivery bikes but you can walk in and get a rally off the showroom floor . How’s that work?

Is the Rally Edition only released in Europe first, like the stock bike was, and not in Canada to a year later?

I was hoping for some news of shadbags showing up. Here we go ago again. Could it be this month  

Shad bag is here.  Wonder if the bike will follow...

shadbag.png

Well i was driving past the dealer today and what do i see sitting in the lineup. 

Mine came in Friday but i didnt get a call. No shad pack either. 

20200706_185551.jpg

My dealer in Aurora, Ontario told me to expect the bike by July 15th (originally June 15th) ....no call today.  The dealer was complaining that the bikes are late and customers are hounding him, he still has no confirmed dates.  Yamaha said we promised Summer of 2020 for preorders so we are not late.  Their advertising last year proclaimed early summer for all early deposits...hope we see the second shipments soon.

What do you know, just got an email:

GOOD NEWS !!! 

Your NEW bike has finally been confirmed to be available at our warehouse for pick up as of tomorrow. We are currently booking 7 to 9 days out for delivery due to how busy our shop currently is. That being said I am fast tracking you as much as I can as you have waited patiently for your bike and I want to get you riding ASAP. 

Should get the bike next week.  So excited!🥳

• Like 1

funny, broke down and called the dealer. 3ed time ever about delivery.

this week, pu next

wholly fach