Noel McCutcheon

1 minute ago, Rider 101 said:

Only one hole in mine as it is for the OEM crash bar

Interesting.   Rhx

2 minutes ago, Rider 101 said:

Only one hole in mine as it is for the OEM crash bar

interesting. Thx

13 hours ago, NeilW said:

Which slot did you put the one finger clutch lever on?  I am middle. I liked the longer friction zone - but not too long like slot one. 

I installed mine in the middle hole.

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, PondHawk said:

@Rider 101 Curious to know if your inferring that you use a OEM stock arm or that you trimmed down a Camel ADV arm for cleareance?  Inquiring minds want to know! 🤓

Camel-adv.com offers two arms, see the second and third pics for the one hole arm for use with the oem crash bars.

https://camel-adv.com/collections/yamaha-700-tenere-t7-parts-and-accessories/products/yamaha-700-tenere-t7-1-finger-clutch-kit?variant=40401032577084

• Like 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

I ordered a 320mm R1 disk for the front to go with the @Stoltec Moto Single rotor kit, an EBC Vee-Rotor (i also have blue wheels and the blue adapter)
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/vNAAAOSwJBdf2qNu/s-l500.jpg

Also a set EBC sintered pads for the front and a set semi sintered for the rear and an new OEM rear rotor.
The kit is still on it's way (now in New Jersey) but in abut two weeks i hope to have everything in and time to install it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hi PondHawk,

as AZJW pointed out Camel make a version for OEM crashbars.

I will be trying out tomorrow ( Thursday ) Australia time.

Temperature reached 38°C yesterday - not nice for riding - and tomorrow will be 23°; much better

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

11 hours ago, AZJW said:

Camel-adv.com offers two arms, see the second and third pics for the one hole arm for use with the oem crash bars.

https://camel-adv.com/collections/yamaha-700-tenere-t7-parts-and-accessories/products/yamaha-700-tenere-t7-1-finger-clutch-kit?variant=40401032577084

Oh!  They have one that fits the OEM crashbars now?  Man, the Camel guys are on the ball.  Just waiting for a break pedal fix for lowered pegs and I'm gonna have to throw a big cart together.  

• Like 2

@Camel ADV really do listen to customer's demands. Wrote an email to them yesterday morning (EU time) and got a reply yesterday evening - thanks again Cory! Again, you set the mark for great customer service.

• Like 1

On 6/13/2022 at 1:57 PM, ImpatientSteve said:

Installed the top rack and side racks from T7 parts instagram, not the best quality but good enough to make something pretty of it yourself.  

Some negatives I found is bad paint quality, lots of burs from cutting (sharp enough to cut a strap) and some design flaws where it could of been a lot stronger and lighter. 

I ended up modifying the top rack mounting to aluminium brackets instead of the heavy steel bracket that normally went on top of the fender. 
Also did some modifying of the side racks to get them closer to the bike and protect the fender better instead of them sticking out so far from the side of the bike, for this I hade to cut of some of the mounting tabs and move it up a bit to get a neat fit. 

Played around with the lengths of the spacers and shorten them on the lathe.

I have been thinking about ordering these racks until i saw this post just now. Have you been using them since this post, @ImpatientSteve? How are they holding up? I have been e-mailing with him and he says they are making better quality ones now.

Edited by Bergtinn

34 minutes ago, Tenerider said:

Tractive Suspension Extreme Pro rear shock installed:

20230104_150734.jpg.80e6eebe7c650ee3bc21bd9090ad564a.jpg

My big rear shock test was uphill washboard. With the stock shock I would decelerate and with the Touratech extreme I can accelerate. Braking seems to generate less front end dive. Wondering if you experience the same. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NeilW said:

My big rear shock test was uphill washboard. With the stock shock I would decelerate and with the Touratech extreme I can accelerate. Braking seems to generate less front end dive. Wondering if you experience the same. 

Yet have to make a first test ride, and the front cartridges aren't installed yet.

But I bought these because I was able to ride @Ray Ride4life's bike in direct comparison to mine. Ray has Touratech Extreme installed as well. This was a night-and-day experience. The upgraded bike was just so much better planted, made riding rough terrain so much easier. It tracks better. Road comfort is better. I haven't focused on brake dive but Ray also said it's much less.

I am curious how the +25mm travel will handle. I read something about it would affect the T7's handling but actually this doesn't make much sense to me (see here https://www.teknikmotorsport.com/Yamaha-T7-XTZ690-Tenere-700/)

I went with an 85N/mm spring which requires much less preload than my stock shock. As you can see from the pic, the preload ring is less than 1 cm from the top. This should make the spring super responsive also on small bumps.

• Like 2

Well not today, but has been about 2 weeks since I did all the little bits to my T7.

1) Starting with throwing in some red into the whole picture to make this T7 a little different from the rest of the blue ones out there

IMG_3597-min.jpg.7ce8d514315755e6edc9a40245eee5c6.jpg

2) Then came the anti bobble head install, which was quite the fun one to install since it led to other bits being installed on the same day

IMG_3630-min.JPG.091e3d0dd1acc5b9644bd3f223f9d582.JPG

3) Since I was pulling off bits to install the anti bobble head, I went ahead, pulled off the side panels and the headlight to wire up a USB charger & hardwire in the radar detector RJ11 power

IMG_3629-min.JPG.bb740b0722767dfe87408ab4f6bae705.JPG

4) Lowering the bike with the install of the the Kouba lowering links and dropping the front by 25mm as well

IMG_3637-min.JPG.e6f30074c1968c10b99ba8a3cbc66644.JPG

5) Tank grip pads & Acerbis X-Frame protectors

IMG_3635-min.JPG.905a9fd5fec3798a9e4d74e936005f5c.JPG

Edited by motonap
Wrong photo uploaded
  • Like 3

Meet BigBlu - 2022 Tenere 700 | Yamaha OEM chain guide | Yamaha OEM crash guard | Givi Rear luggage rack | Givi BN42 top box | Black Widow 300mm Hexagonal exhaust | Acerbis High Fender | Windscreen risers | ProTaper Evo low handlebar | Oxford Integrated heated grips | Upshift Retro Speedblock Blue graphic kit | QuadLock wireless charger | BarkBuster Storm Handguards | Mitas E07+ rear tyre | Shinko E804 front tyre | MotoMount Radar screamer & LED visual alert | Custom half tail tidy kit |

What? no sheepskin seat cover to make you fell all warm and sexy! :raabia

But seriously do you Kiwis get to use radar detectors?

• Haha 1

I rode mine today. Not quite the 600km planned. I only managed 585!

Mix of rough bitumen ( not many smooth roads left on the east coast ), gravel and forest roads. 

Temperatures ranged from 24° to 12° and included heavy drizzly fog.

The Camel brake fix is great especially in the very loose chitter coming down from Barrington Tops.

Even with ABS still on the back wheel could be momentarily locked to allow a bit of rear steering in the very loose surface.

The one finger clutch is an improvement but I need to fine tune it a little.

My RH rear indicator is melted. I need to make a bigger heat deflector for the ( Camel ) high exhaust.

All up a great day and no issues.

I will post up some pics in the Aussie thread later.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, motonap said:

Well not today, but has been about 2 weeks since I did all the little bits to my T7.

1) Starting with throwing in some red into the whole picture to make this T7 a little different from the rest of the blue ones out there

IMG_3597-min.jpg.7ce8d514315755e6edc9a40245eee5c6.jpg

2) Then came the anti bobble head install, which was quite the fun one to install since it led to other bits being installed on the same day

IMG_3630-min.JPG.091e3d0dd1acc5b9644bd3f223f9d582.JPG

3) Since I was pulling off bits to install the anti bobble head, I went ahead, pulled off the side panels and the headlight to wire up a USB charger & hardwire in the radar detector RJ11 power

IMG_3629-min.JPG.bb740b0722767dfe87408ab4f6bae705.JPG

4) Lowering the bike with the install of the the Kouba lowering links and dropping the front by 25mm as well

IMG_3637-min.JPG.e6f30074c1968c10b99ba8a3cbc66644.JPG

5) Tank grip pads & Acerbis X-Frame protectors

IMG_3635-min.JPG.905a9fd5fec3798a9e4d74e936005f5c.JPG

@motonapwhqt is that accessory holder on the cross bar above the speedo?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, NeilW said:

Seems to be a Quadlock mount with extension arm.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, NeilW said:

3 hours ago, Tenerider said:

Seems to be a Quadlock mount with extension arm.

51 minutes ago, Lewie said:

@NeilW

yes looks like a quadlock with vibrating dampener but tilted upwards 

It is the quadlock mount with extension arm, it is used to mount the radar detector.

IMG_3642-min.jpg.9b56fffe96fcd78b5ee0a417a8016d41.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Meet BigBlu - 2022 Tenere 700 | Yamaha OEM chain guide | Yamaha OEM crash guard | Givi Rear luggage rack | Givi BN42 top box | Black Widow 300mm Hexagonal exhaust | Acerbis High Fender | Windscreen risers | ProTaper Evo low handlebar | Oxford Integrated heated grips | Upshift Retro Speedblock Blue graphic kit | QuadLock wireless charger | BarkBuster Storm Handguards | Mitas E07+ rear tyre | Shinko E804 front tyre | MotoMount Radar screamer & LED visual alert | Custom half tail tidy kit |

1 hour ago, DuncMan said:

If you drop the forks 25mm you'll hit the tank at full lock. 18mm is the max you can drop them, as I recall, without having full lock issues.

Looks like a full inch, but I could be wrong. Was lowered at the workshop, will measure tomorrow and confirm.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rider 101 said:

What? no sheepskin seat cover to make you fell all warm and sexy! :raabia

But seriously do you Kiwis get to use radar detectors?

Hehehe!! Not that much of a wuss to need the sheepskin!!!

Yes, we are the lucky few who get to use radar detectors 😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Out with the old, in with the new.

From a Tractionator GPS with 3697 abusive miles to a Tractionator Adventure. I like the Adv much more offroad. So much more grip! It is a bit noisier on the pavement, but not bad at all.

20221230_171429.jpg

20221230_172310.jpg

• Like 5

"What the hell's a 'farkle'? Oh... I... have all the farkles." 😑🤦🏻‍♂️