Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

What have you done for your T7 today?

Noel McCutcheon

You must have beat the Shet out of that GPS! Those last 10K+. I changed to the Rallz, great tire after the GPS which walked around on gravel due to the center strip. The Rallz was good on pavement which was not expected. Just put on a Tracionator ADV which is quieter and worked well on last weekend's 100+ miles of 90% gravel and offroad/dirt with a little single track.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

@PNGL Wow, the GPS is legendary for getting lots of miles out of them. You must be one of those delinquent kids I see out on the trail....

• Haha 3

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

First ride of the year, just a very short loop checking the new Tractive rear shock on the local potholes.

Man this is a great shock. Onroad comfort is immensely improved. Ok, a lot of it is probably due to having the correct spring rate. I didn't push her, but I usually could hardly feel the potholes at all through my butt.

The shock reacts super super smooth, which is not surprising since I only have about 5mm preload. It almost feels like a leaky tire because it's so supple (but I did check tire pressure before).

It's so comfortable that you might think it's too soft for serious offroading - but that's definitely not the case 😁

The added right height (didn't take measures, probably 15-20 mm or so) did not feel weird on stops (and is not noticeable while riding). Actually, once I got accustomed to it, it felt even a little bit safer. Now my butt is still in good contact with the seat while dropping one foot to the ground, maybe that's why.

• Like 1

Time for a TET test but we will wait for a bit better weather, it's a bit more comfortable when camping.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ray Ride4life said:

Time for a TET test but we will wait for a bit better weather, it's a bit more comfortable when camping.

Yes, and I want my front cartridges to be installed first. Don't have the tools, so I will have them installed by off-the-road.de probably in February 🙂

What tools are you missing?
As far as i know you don't need special tools for removing the stock cardridge and my suspension came with all the tools i needed.

• Thanks 1

I need to check. I thought I needed an impact driver and some special removal tool for the OEM open cartridge. And I have no experience with the fork seals and so on.

7 hours ago, motonap said:

Looks like a full inch, but I could be wrong. Was lowered at the workshop, will measure tomorrow and confirm.

Yamaha factory did mine at exactly 20mm

C301AC14-6FA0-4915-AD1D-768000DA8200.jpeg

3 minutes ago, NeilW said:

You mean your dealer 🙂

• Moderators
29 minutes ago, NeilW said:

Word has it, Yamaha only hires T7 techs that have thumbs measuring exactly 20mm.  Roll 🙄 

• Haha 5

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

4 minutes ago, Lewie said:

Post Christmas arrival- hoping for a Black Forest trip this year

770D24A2-2B56-407A-BA63-9C13E1F57F62.jpeg

If you do it, give us notice!  There might be a chance of meeting or even riding along...

• Like 1

Probably a definite but when I’m not sure

the channel tunnel is literally in my back garden - 2 of us going my mate has a Harley 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lewie said:

Probably a definite but when I’m not sure

the channel tunnel is literally in my back garden - 2 of us going my mate has a Harley 

Your mate does know the Black Forest has corners?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Completed the HEED bunker bar install. Only hiccup in the entire process was ONE bolt at the mid-frame mount location Allen stripped the head out but I was able to back it out with out further issue after some time and penetrating oil. The only rational in my mind was that someone at the factory tightened it down way to much because the rest came out with out major issue.

I was able to use a torque wrench to tighten everything down to spec with removable loctite. Very pleased with the Heed bars! 

48B3E4DC-25A5-4E4E-9ECD-C5EC6D2AA2A4.jpeg

61547815-BF62-4C0C-A1B8-86A53C9F2A3C.jpeg

61D9CCE4-8630-47C7-B8E5-F02F3972B9F4.jpeg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MRT7 said:

Completed the HEED bunker bar install. Only hiccup in the entire process was ONE bolt at the mid-frame mount location Allen stripped the head out but I was able to back it out with out further issue after some time and penetrating oil. The only rational in my mind was that someone at the factory tightened it down way to much because the rest came out with out major issue.

I was able to use a torque wrench to tighten everything down to spec with removable loctite. Very pleased with the Heed bars! 

48B3E4DC-25A5-4E4E-9ECD-C5EC6D2AA2A4.jpeg

@MRT7is that the SW Motech tank bag mount on your tail ?

3 minutes ago, NeilW said:

No, I have ROK straps at the anchor points. @NeilW

Edited by MRT7
  • Like 1

Finally mounted my Acerbis chain guard (had it in my basement for weeks):

20230107_094556.jpg.8a689718085548affc6505e9c978e851.jpg

• Like 8

I shot the baffle out the back of my Camel ADV exhaust somewhere in Rhode Island last week and it was L O U D. Absolutely awesome coming out of corners but after an hour on the highway I was losing my freaking mind from the drone. Yesterday I put in the quietest looking universal baffle daddy bezos would sell me and it still not as quiet as I'd like. Anyone using a different aftermarket can that isn't obnoxious? Cory recommends a couple of Black Widow pieces on his website that look fine, anyone have them? I like to be quiet in the woods but honestly I just want the absolute least amount of drone on the highway as possible. Especially since I'm doing a road trip to the Tail of the Dragon next spring from Mass, a casual 16hr highway ride with no stops. It would also be cool to not bother the locals when I'm doing the NEBDR in the summer. The closer to stock noise levels, the better.

Obviously, can't put the OEM one back on because it went in the bin years ago and the hanger is cut, not to mention I'd already bent it several times and have the swingarm scars to prove it. 

Edited by advsquid

Today I installed a HP Corse exhaust and the tail-tidy they sell as an extra option with the damper. 

The tail-tidy was the most work to put on. I wanted to reuse the standard license plate light and not a cheap led that was provided. With an couple of extra holes it all fitted perfectly.

The only minor thing I didn't like was that the tail tidy was a bit heavier than I would have wanted, but is is an solid construction. 

The exhaust is just plain simple beautiful ❤️ (if I may judge myself 😉

I'll probably remove the original exhaust hanger later, it looks ugly now. 

PXL_20230107_205534634_exported_1673135016148.jpg

PXL_20230107_205515942~2.jpg

Edited by Mr. Kwak
Typo error
  • Like 3

Installed AXP skid plate, and adjusted bars and controls for more stability standing.  Then, went for a ride in the Pine Barrens, and completed my initial break-in.  Ready for the 600 mile service.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Mr. Kwak said:

Today I installed a HP Corse exhaust and the tail-tidy they sell as an extra option with the damper. 

The tail-tidy was the most work to put on. I wanted to reuse the standard license plate light and not a cheap led that was provided. With an couple of extra holes it all fitted perfectly.

The only minor thing I didn't like was that the tail tidy was a bit heavier than I would have wanted, but is is an solid construction. 

The exhaust is just plain simple beautiful ❤️ (if I may judge myself 😉

I'll probably remove the original exhaust hanger later, it looks ugly now. 

PXL_20230107_205534634_exported_1673135016148.jpg

PXL_20230107_205515942~2.jpg

That's a nice rear rack! It's not a Perun Moto, right?