Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

What have you done for your T7 today?

Noel McCutcheon

8 minutes ago, Mr. Kwak said:

Thanks! 

I really like it. It is an superlight material  and it blends in with the bike perfectly.

It is made by Atelier and he calls it the "Arnold Minimal rack"

e2698f_74311d6e25d74780af6fe48b3e30c77b~

tènèrè 700 accessori made in Italy

Thank you! I agree, I can't stand it if the rack extends beyond the tail light. I currently use one from Kedo - works great but you can't remove the seat. This one ticks all the boxes.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tenerider said:

This one ticks all the boxes.

Except the price.
Working with metal on all levels i know what it takes to produce this and also that it is not a difficult design and with that knowledge i think it's overpriced like a lot of products.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ray Ride4life said:

Except the price.
Working with metal on all levels i know what it takes to produce this and also that it is not a difficult design and with that knowledge i think it's overpriced like a lot of products.

True. Double the price of my Kedo. The Kedo is easier to produce, but has a fair price imho.

4 minutes ago, Tenerider said:

The Kedo is easier to produce

If i have the correct rack in mind with the Kedo it's the same production and believe it or not about the same amount of material that has to be paid for.
Production: Place material (both the same), cut with plasma, laser or waterjet (most likely laser and both the same), put two bends in it with a press brake (both the same) and last step is paint it (both the same).
Only difference i don't know but what i see in thickness the Kedo is steel and the Attelier aluminium. The last is the only reason why the latter is allowed to be more expensive but only about 40% and not over a 100.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Ray Ride4life said:

If i have the correct rack in mind with the Kedo it's the same production and believe it or not about the same amount of material that has to be paid for.
Production: Place material (both the same), cut with plasma, laser or waterjet (most likely laser and both the same), put two bends in it with a press brake (both the same) and last step is paint it (both the same).
Only difference i don't know but what i see in thickness the Kedo is steel and the Attelier aluminium. The last is the only reason why the latter is allowed to be more expensive but only about 40% and not over a 100.

Very good point. I was thinking "there are more holes to be cut" but that's mostly irrelevant if it's done by water jet.

Kedo is aluminium, too:

only less bends because the Atelie7 has bent mounting tabs.

Anyway, for my needs it's the better design. But since I store my tools not under the seat when travelling, I only need to remove the seat for a blown fuse or cleaning the airbox. It's 4 screws only on the Kedo rack.

17 hours ago, advsquid said:

I shot the baffle out the back of my Camel ADV exhaust somewhere in Rhode Island last week and it was L O U D. Absolutely awesome coming out of corners but after an hour on the highway I was losing my freaking mind from the drone. Yesterday I put in the quietest looking universal baffle daddy bezos would sell me and it still not as quiet as I'd like. Anyone using a different aftermarket can that isn't obnoxious? Cory recommends a couple of Black Widow pieces on his website that look fine, anyone have them? I like to be quiet in the woods but honestly I just want the absolute least amount of drone on the highway as possible. Especially since I'm doing a road trip to the Tail of the Dragon next spring from Mass, a casual 16hr highway ride with no stops. It would also be cool to not bother the locals when I'm doing the NEBDR in the summer. The closer to stock noise levels, the better.

Obviously, can't put the OEM one back on because it went in the bin years ago and the hanger is cut, not to mention I'd already bent it several times and have the swingarm scars to prove it. 

Since you asked, one of the reasons I went with a Huzar exhaust on my T7 was because of the claims that it was no louder than stock when using both dB killers. I don't like loud exhausts, and with about 8k miles on my Huzar 40 cm muffler now I believe that claim to be true.

Shortly after I first installed the Huzar, using different throttle openings I made several passes by the farm where my wife was grooming her horse in a pasture a short distance away. She is also very attuned to excessive motorcycle exhaust noise, and when I asked her later if the new exhaust was too loud she said she hadn't even noticed exhaust noise when I made my passes. That said it all for me.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, jdub53 said:

Since you asked, one of the reasons I went with a Huzar exhaust on my T7 was because of the claims that it was no louder than stock when using both dB killers. I don't like loud exhausts, and with about 8k miles on my Huzar 40 cm muffler now I believe that claim to be true.

Shortly after I first installed the Huzar, using different throttle openings I made several passes by the farm where my wife was grooming her horse in a pasture a short distance away. She is also very attuned to excessive motorcycle exhaust noise, and when I asked her later if the new exhaust was too loud she said she hadn't even noticed exhaust noise when I made my passes. That said it all for me.

Did you asked the horse¿

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, advsquid said:

I shot the baffle out the back of my Camel ADV exhaust somewhere in Rhode Island last week and it was L O U D. Absolutely awesome coming out of corners but after an hour on the highway I was losing my freaking mind from the drone. Yesterday I put in the quietest looking universal baffle daddy bezos would sell me and it still not as quiet as I'd like. Anyone using a different aftermarket can that isn't obnoxious? Cory recommends a couple of Black Widow pieces on his website that look fine, anyone have them? I like to be quiet in the woods but honestly I just want the absolute least amount of drone on the highway as possible. Especially since I'm doing a road trip to the Tail of the Dragon next spring from Mass, a casual 16hr highway ride with no stops. It would also be cool to not bother the locals when I'm doing the NEBDR in the summer. The closer to stock noise levels, the better.

Obviously, can't put the OEM one back on because it went in the bin years ago and the hanger is cut, not to mention I'd already bent it several times and have the swingarm scars to prove it. 

How was the Camel exhaust before you shot the baffle out?  Thats the one I like the best out of all the high exhausts out there but I really dont like loud exhausts either.

The CamelADV exhaust with dB killer is comparable to stock. I ride without the dB killer most of the time and find the sound not too loud. I have asked non-riders their opinions and all have said it is fine.

That said, I do put in the dB killer when riding in areas where noise is an issue. A good example is areas where I expect to encounter horse riders. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DT675 said:

How was the Camel exhaust before you shot the baffle out?  Thats the one I like the best out of all the high exhausts out there but I really dont like loud exhausts either.

Pretty much as loud as I would be willing to go, although I felt like I didn't really have a choice given the prospect of continuing to bend the oem exhaust hanger back and forth. I felt it was slightly louder than stock but definitely acceptable. 

Edited by advsquid
  • Thanks 1

I installed the Altrider tail tidy, with the Cyclops multi function LED 3.0 light kit.

Also added the Altrider luggage rack system - combining the Altrider rear luggage rack and pillion rack.

FE38C39D-C2D3-4377-89BE-66F90B77D4F3.jpeg

A1621884-F139-44BC-9A7A-EBC9440211E7.jpeg

D9342897-091D-47CB-A831-E2D6CAB763DA.jpeg

9144E317-4C60-44B2-A929-BA49F19490DE.jpeg

2F11B5A2-4627-4088-A020-8DBF849AD3F3.jpeg

Edited by ngam
space out photos
  • Like 4

Took the warning stickers off and did the front seat grommet mode. Bike is not even a day old with 34 miles on it so just getting started on mods!

• Like 4

I finally took the time to finish the install on the Cyclops 3.0 LED turn signals.  These lights are BRIGHT!  I was worried they wouldn't be since I've never seen them in person.  I have them wired to the brake light, so they are running lights when on, brake lights when the brake is applied, and of course, turn signals.

I also installed the Tusk fender eliminator kit.

20230109_193331.jpg

20230109_191548.jpg

20230109_191537.jpg

20230109_191331.jpg

20230109_191455.jpg

20230109_191421.jpg

Edited by r1superstar
  • Like 6

I finally took the time to finish the install on the Oxford heated grips.  

20230109_191818.jpg

20230109_191751.jpg

Edited by r1superstar
  • Like 4

I finally took the time to finish the install on the Cycra HCM handguards.  I run the same ones on my dirt bike and I liked them so much I figured the T7 should have some too.

20230109_191633.jpg

20230109_191621.jpg

Edited by r1superstar
  • Like 4

I finally took the time to finish the install on the Garmin ZUMO XT 5.5".

20230109_194238.jpg

20230109_193509.jpg

20230109_192744.jpg

20230109_192112.jpg

Edited by r1superstar
  • Like 2

On 1/8/2023 at 12:13 PM, advsquid said:

Pretty much as loud as I would be willing to go, although I felt like I didn't really have a choice given the prospect of continuing to bend the oem exhaust hanger back and forth. I felt it was slightly louder than stock but definitely acceptable. 

Is this with or without the db killer inserted? 

47 minutes ago, r1superstar said:

I finally took the time to finish the install on the Cycra HCM handguards.  I run the same ones on my dirt bike and I liked them so much I figured the T7 should have some too.

20230109_191633.jpg

20230109_191621.jpg

Did you install them on the OEM bars and were you able to use the bar end weights? 

After much deliberation, I installed the cam...sorry...Acerbis tank 😂

20230110_130006.jpg

20230110_130016.jpg

20230110_130033.jpg

Edited by Tom_R
  • Like 5

9 hours ago, DT675 said:

Did you install them on the OEM bars and were you able to use the bar end weights? 

OEM bars, no weights.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DT675 said:

Is this with or without the db killer inserted? 

That was with the db killer inserted. Totally doable with it inserted. Although when inserting I'd be sure to use some loctite next time 😄

• Like 1

14 hours ago, r1superstar said:

I finally took the time to finish the install on the Oxford heated grips.  

20230109_191818.jpg

20230109_191751.jpg

How did the install on the Oxford heated grips go?  I’m about to put some on.  I realized I needed a 12 mm allen, I think, to remove to stock bar end weights.

I paid taxes and handling fee for the single rotor kit and asked the boss if i could give a laser file to have some ABS correction rings cut whet they have to order laser work.
I solve a lot of problems at work so off course that was not a problem.
Hopefully the rings and single rotor kit get in before the weekend so i can get to work.

• Like 2

Oxford heated grips and heed crashbars, I think the cable connection to the grips was kind of bulky but I hope they’ll do their job!

73CE4F7D-D148-4205-8BC2-341A6B6D51B0.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ray Ride4life said:

I paid taxes and handling fee for the single rotor kit and asked the boss if i could give a laser file to have some ABS correction rings cut whet they have to order laser work.
I solve a lot of problems at work so off course that was not a problem.
Hopefully the rings and single rotor kit get in before the weekend so i can get to work.

I just got an adapter for a 320mm rotor and the lines for a single caliper conversion but I'm holding off for a bit as I haven't decided for certain which MC and rotor I want to use. Once I've had time to sort that out I'll put it on the to-do list.  Though I must say, with the rear weight bias on the T700 I don't find the front weight to be bad.  But it is an easy 6-7 lbs to get rid of and makes removing the front wheel  and putting it back on in the field just that much easier.  

• Like 1