Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

What have you done for your T7 today?

Noel McCutcheon

• Members
On 3/4/2023 at 3:54 AM, pvflyer said:

Tnx

No mirrors 4 me, you just need to b faster than the guy next to you.  Press it in case of a head on collision  ;{)-

Unfortunately mirrors are a legal requirement in my state.  Cops around here hate bikes and look for reasons to pull you over.  They got a buddy of mine for running a stop sign because he has great balance and didn't put his feet down.  

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, RobR said:

Unfortunately mirrors are a legal requirement in my state.  Cops around here hate bikes and look for reasons to pull you over.  They got a buddy of mine for running a stop sign because he has great balance and didn't put his feet down.  

@RobRI can do the stop and go on some bikes but learned from a cop friend to always drop a left foot. Stop, drop and go. So that any LEO watching sees clearly you "stopped".

• Like 2

Baby's got new shoes! MOTOZ RALLZ mounted and went out looking for hero dirt and mud to see how they work. Needless to say they're nothing like the tires that came on the bike.

20230309_171715.jpg

20230309_163039.jpg

20230309_155257.jpg

• Like 6

Bought a book!

20230310_074329.jpg.6dc696e46ae2ea5eefb3900532a351a8.jpg

She's off for new tires (don't have any tools for that yet), weather still shetty, so I'll make the best out of it.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, e010584 said:

Baby's got new shoes! MOTOZ RALLZ mounted and went out looking for hero dirt and mud to see how they work. Needless to say they're nothing like the tires that came on the bike.

20230309_155257.jpg

Rallz are outrageously great tires.  LOUD on pavement, but really great.  Personally I recommend the Rallz rear and Dual Venture front - they perform similarly, but the Dual Venture gets vastly better mileage. But for sure, they're outstanding.  

• Like 2

Picked up a great ‘Long way down’ Belstaff jacket from ebay

I gave it a wash and re-proof with nikwax and think it turned out great

F1E8A3A3-640A-42F1-8C6E-CCD5D96503D1.jpeg

Edited by Lewie
  • Like 6

45 minutes ago, Lewie said:

Picked up a great ‘Long way down’ Belstaff jacket from ebay

Lewie,

Picked up a 2-pc " BMW 3-Phasen" suit yesterday for the wife.

St. Vincent De Paul (Resale shop here in the states) $90

It has elbow & shoulder armor

Looks new, Fits pretty good. She is pleased.

image.png.9d7288eb215baa69c6652aa324b9d7be.png

• Like 6

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

I think this 3 layer jacket sold for around £700 new - bought for 10% of that 

I thought it had a pocket in the bottom of the back but it turns out it’s a detachable Belstaff bag

not sure it’s going to make me look like Ewan but you never know 

9 minutes ago, Lewie said:

bought for 10% of that

Yes, finding something that you want "used" is thrilling!

I saw the picture of you on the Suzuki, and yes, I thought you were Ewan....

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

Fitted the Fasst Flex bars and guards - very impressed with the quality and customer service! 
still deciding on white or black paddles 

D1939EC8-490F-4CD8-854D-DED1E1B8EE76.jpeg

00FB91A9-D710-437E-ABF2-0098B70656EE.jpeg

Edited by RMMark
  • Like 1

Anakee Wild and UHD tubes fitted.

20230311_141148.jpg.7081a9af46cae03b5d4b57a279caf2ff.jpg

I won't tell what my dealer charged for mounting (he couldn't acquire the tires, so I ordered them online and had him install it). But I could have bought at least a decent truing/balancing stand for the money, eventually even some tire irons.

Did a short break-in ride, the feeling is very different from the STRs. I expected them to be louder (which they aren't really). Far more noticeable is the different cornering (quite unsmooth at the beginning, but already better after 50km) and the vibrations. And I found them to be quite harsh compared to the STRs running the same pressure (the UHD tubes might play a role there).

One thing is now clear to me: How road-biased the STRs actually are. In comparison to the Michelins, they corner super-smooth, track very well and are very plush. There is a reason Yamaha fitted them, although I know how limited they are offroad.

That being said, I'm REALLY looking forward to riding the Michelins offroad soon!!!

Edited by Tenerider
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Tenerider said:

I won't tell what my dealer charged for mounting

I understand they don't like you to buy tyres elsewhere and charge you a bit more for fitting but when they can't deliver they should be real and charge a reasonable amount.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ray Ride4life said:

I understand they don't like you to buy tyres elsewhere and charge you a bit more for fitting but when they can't deliver they should be real and charge a reasonable amount.

Agree my friend. I also understand that they would prefer that I buy the tires from them. But they told me it's no problem to buy them by myself and they do the fitting. I bought my bike from them. So it's not that I'm just a cheapskate who buys online and then asks the local store to help him out.

My old Nelson Rigg tail bag was getting long in the tooth, and the T7 sees a lot more ugly weather and sloppy conditions so waterproofing has been an issue.  Decided to give the classic custom hard case a try.

Grabbed a cheap waterproof box off Amazon, carefully sized to sit fully within my rear crash bars and be low enough to not get in the way.

I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.  Bolted it down to my rear rack using a sheet of metal to spread the load and prevent ripping screws out of the bottom of things go sideways.  

I wanted it to be easily removable but just didn't get there: couldn't find a good way to go without having poky jabby things inside that would endanger the electronics most likely to find themselves within.  I'll probably revisit this in the future, but for now the current setup works.

Mounted juuuuuuust far enough back to still be able to remove the seat. 

I've got a SAE port and usb charger on the way so it'll have a harness to connect to the bike's pigtail and charge gadgetry while I'm on the road.

Best of all, now I've got somewhere to slap stickers!

20230311_121207.jpg.5fa8091184d3dc569f14bdaf0498e17a.jpg20230311_121213.jpg.0a6a60f16d8f3efa3495c3ef842a0c3b.jpg20230311_121157.jpg.0b74b2aee1ea4daec9dc829efdff3a91.jpg

• Like 1

Installed the AltRider Side Stand Enlarger

00F301D2-2C05-44C5-B9B0-98E15E52FC17.jpeg

Edited by ngam
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Tenerider said:

Anakee Wild and UHD tubes fitted.

20230311_141148.jpg.7081a9af46cae03b5d4b57a279caf2ff.jpg

I won't tell what my dealer charged for mounting (he couldn't acquire the tires, so I ordered them online and had him install it). But I could have bought at least a decent truing/balancing stand for the money, eventually even some tire irons.

Did a short break-in ride, the feeling is very different from the STRs. I expected them to be louder (which they aren't really). Far more noticeable is the different cornering (quite unsmooth at the beginning, but already better after 50km) and the vibrations. And I found them to be quite harsh compared to the STRs running the same pressure (the UHD tubes might play a role there).

One thing is now clear to me: How road-biased the STRs actually are. In comparison to the Michelins, they corner super-smooth, track very well and are very plush. There is a reason Yamaha fitted them, although I know how limited they are offroad.

That being said, I'm REALLY looking forward to riding the Michelins offroad soon!!!

They’ll settle down a bit with a few more km. On road they won’t match the STR’s for outright grip and confidence but aren’t that far behind. They spin out a bit easier when on the gas. Off road they’re a huge improvement, true 50/50 tyre.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Alan M said:

They’ll settle down a bit with a few more km. On road they won’t match the STR’s for outright grip and confidence but aren’t that far behind. They spin out a bit easier when on the gas. Off road they’re a huge improvement, true 50/50 tyre.

Thanks mate! I am generally a slow and easy rider, definitely not aggressive. Looking forward to regain some plushness with a few more miles on them.

Regarding the STRs, there are by no means a 60/40 as advertised. Even my riding style quickly revealed their weaknesses offroad. You really need to be very careful with them on loose gravel over hardpack and on anything which remotely smells like mud.

Surprisingly, they worked quite well on a dry local MX track (loam/hardpack, not sandy).

• Like 1

3F0306D7-67ED-4909-A2F0-36197F6DDFCE.jpeg.b073d4b1119b94ea3614c28306781b4a.jpeg

A bit shaky, but doable for normal good roads.

Edited by gerbuuu
  • Like 1

TAIL TIDY/LED TURN LIGHTS &  LEVERS 

PARTS:

TST:

industries : FLY01S-XX1 TST LED Front Flushmount Turn Signals for Select Yamaha Motorcycles CVY01

TST: 

Yamaha Signal Plug Converters  3-to-3 HAR-1007

TST:

Turn Signal Running Mate - RLYG2 TST 2 Pin LED Flasher Relay Gen 2

CYCLE GEAR:

Rizoma Corsa Turn Signal AMBER/RED, BLUE

SPECTRUM MOTO:

Tenere 700 LED Turn Signal Adapter Plates /  Tenere 700 Rear Fender Eliminator Kit (Tidy Tail)

No hyper-flashing , Dash lights or running day light issues. 

thumbnail_20230309_102025.jpeg

thumbnail_20230305_145029.jpeg

thumbnail_20230309_141829.jpeg

thumbnail_20230310_110927.jpeg

thumbnail_20230309_181249.jpeg

thumbnail_20230310_130315.jpeg

thumbnail_20230311_113118.jpeg

thumbnail_20230311_104421.jpeg

thumbnail_20230311_104347.jpeg

thumbnail_20230310_113452.jpeg

thumbnail_20230310_112031.jpeg

thumbnail_20230309_162821.jpeg

thumbnail_20230305_144952.jpeg

Edited by pvflyer
picture
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, pvflyer said:

TAIL TIDY/LED TURN LIGHTS &  LEVERS 

PARTS:

TST:

industries : FLY01S-XX1 TST LED Front Flushmount Turn Signals for Select Yamaha Motorcycles CVY01

TST: 

Yamaha Signal Plug Converters  3-to-3 HAR-1007

TST:

Turn Signal Running Mate - RLYG2 TST 2 Pin LED Flasher Relay Gen 2

CYCLE GEAR:

Rizoma Corsa Turn Signal AMBER/RED, BLUE

SPECTRUM MOTO:

Tenere 700 LED Turn Signal Adapter Plates /  Tenere 700 Rear Fender Eliminator Kit (Tidy Tail)

No hyper-flashing , Dash lights or running day light issues. 

That looks like a fun couple of hours of tweaking the motorcycle! 🙂

Always fun when you do it yourself and lots more pride once its done 🙂 

• Like 1

Meet BigBlu - 2022 Tenere 700 | Yamaha OEM chain guide | Yamaha OEM crash guard | Givi Rear luggage rack | Givi BN42 top box | Black Widow 300mm Hexagonal exhaust | Acerbis High Fender | Windscreen risers | ProTaper Evo low handlebar | Oxford Integrated heated grips | Upshift Retro Speedblock Blue graphic kit | QuadLock wireless charger | BarkBuster Storm Handguards | Mitas E07+ rear tyre | Shinko E804 front tyre | MotoMount Radar screamer & LED visual alert | Custom half tail tidy kit |

On 3/6/2023 at 11:21 AM, winddown said:

Are you removing the front brakes too?  Everybody has those as well I see.  That bike would look so much cooler with the front cleaned up of all that unnecessary bulk.

I thought this was pretty funny and not a slam in any way! 😁

• Like 3

On 3/12/2023 at 9:54 PM, pvflyer said:

thumbnail_20230310_113452.jpeg

thumbnail_20230310_112031.jpeg

This is absolutely worth it IMHO.  Love the flush mount signals, and while it's a bit of a PITA to snip down those weird plastic nuts, it's great to have them in and flush with the bike, protected by crashbars and not all bouncing around like the stock pumpkins.

13 minutes ago, Wintersdark said:

This is absolutely worth it IMHO.  Love the flush mount signals, and while it's a bit of a PITA to snip down those weird plastic nuts, it's great to have them in and flush with the bike, protected by crashbars and not all bouncing around like the stock pumpkins.

Indeed.  This was one of my first changes as well.  They are unobtrusive and yet very bright.  My flash somewhat slowly so wonder if this Gen2 flasher relay was made to fix this problem.