What have you done for your T7 today?

Noel McCutcheon

2 hours ago, Kiwi said:

I like those barkbusters .

Where did you get them?

Hi Kiwi, I got them at Revzilla.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DT675 said:

Yes it is for a Milwaukee heated "sweatshirt" using the 12v batteries.  I'm betting the jacket uses them too.  I'll have a search on that usb charger.  Thats what I was looking for but havn't found one yet.

https://www.amazon.com/JYJZPB-Replacement-Compatible-48-59-1201-48-11-2420/dp/B0BMPSBPRC

Is the knockoff version.   The official (canadian home depot website): https://www.homedepot.ca/product/milwaukee-tool-m12-12-volt-lithium-ion-charger-and-portable-power-source/1001094844

These will charge off USB.

Edit: Well, I probably should have read farther down the thread before doing searches and such!  

So, a problem you can have with these and what I *suspect* is the root cause of a lot of the negative reviews is that if you overly discharge the battery (the heated gear will not shut off when the batteries voltage drops) like a lot of power tool batteries they'll read as faulty and not charge.  If this happens to you, simply applying 12V directly to the battery (positive to positive, negative to negative) for a few minutes will get it up strong enough to be able to charge again.  I've had to do this a few times with my wife's batteries, as she'll tend to wear it in the winter then put it all away over the spring/summer/fall, only to have the already dead batteries have self-discharged below that point over the unused time so they won't charge again.

Another potential problem here is you need to have a USB supply capable to providing the 2.1A it wants to draw.  Any good USB charger these days will do it, but if you're using old or really cheap ones it may not work at all.  And a suitable USB cable, but the provided cable is quite high quality.

Edited by Wintersdark
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Wintersdark said:

https://www.amazon.com/JYJZPB-Replacement-Compatible-48-59-1201-48-11-2420/dp/B0BMPSBPRC

Is the knockoff version.   The official (canadian home depot website): https://www.homedepot.ca/product/milwaukee-tool-m12-12-volt-lithium-ion-charger-and-portable-power-source/1001094844

Edit: Well, I probably should have read farther down the thread before doing searches and such!  

So, a problem you can have with these and what I *suspect* is the root cause of a lot of the negative reviews is that if you overly discharge the battery (the heated gear will not shut off when the batteries voltage drops) like a lot of power tool batteries they'll read as faulty and not charge.  If this happens to you, simply applying 12V directly to the battery (positive to positive, negative to negative) for a few minutes will get it up strong enough to be able to charge again.  I've had to do this a few times with my wife's batteries, as she'll tend to wear it in the winter then put it all away over the spring/summer/fall, only to have the already dead batteries have self-discharged below that point over the unused time so they won't charge again.

Another potential problem here is you need to have a USB supply capable to providing the 2.1A it wants to draw.  Any good USB charger these days will do it, but if you're using old or really cheap ones it may not work at all.  And a suitable USB cable, but the provided cable is quite high quality.

Good info, thanks. I’ve had the heated sweatshirt for a year without any issues. I’ll have to take a look at the battery- I thought there were 3 pins? 

I was gonna come here and also mention that they do draw 2.1 amps, and the T7 DC aux socket is on a 2 amp fuse until @Hibobb had to come and ruin my day lol. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Wintersdark said:

Regarding the battery reanimation process: Don't do this on LiIon or especially LiPo batteries. These are really delicate, can be destroyed easily and the only thing you might notice is a slight increase in volume (looks like inflated a bit).

Keep using them and risk a LiPo fire. Neither funny on your heated gear during a ride, nor at your house.

On 3/18/2023 at 3:37 PM, ngam said:

Today, with the help of a great friend, we installed the Outback Motortek crash bars, (the blue is awesome), Oxford Premium Adventure heated grips, and Barkbuster handguards 🤘🏍

343D81DE-9CF8-4927-A524-448FFFBB537A.jpeg

171864B5-E7B0-48DE-8309-AE317B3BEA6F.jpeg

2DC18BA2-6C8F-44B7-9CED-D68147E50F5B.jpeg

5E918F2A-720C-41D5-A97F-4954F8F7EE6A.jpeg

809D13F9-8A90-4EEB-8373-0C40837ED933.jpeg

CA22C9D1-1093-46C5-B180-A91577B2DBF3.jpeg

Looks great!  Love the blue look.  Bars are also really helpful when picking the bike up.  So they tell me.

20220821_081319.jpg.6cf3845e057c82ea28b44353481fa0ce.jpg

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, SCARd4Life said:

Looks great!  Love the blue look.  Bars are also really helpful when picking the bike up.  So they tell me.

20220821_081319.jpg.6cf3845e057c82ea28b44353481fa0ce.jpg

Thanks, yes I love the  blue.  I will remember that 😂

Nothing....

Only looked at the bike, stored underneath a raincover....

No spring and nice temperatures here in Holland... 🙄 Only piss-pouring rain....

1 hour ago, RobBonting said:

Nothing....

Bummer. But if you take a peek under the cover you will see an awesome bike that is all yours 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Out with the old

(EDIT)  The new one was crap, at least for me and I tried lots of angles and heights.

SCREEN-OLD.jpg.88f4f5f5895cec47143b41918c1c157f.jpg

In with the new

SCREEN-NEW-01.jpg.1179a551b55d2eaf56d20da77d47855a.jpg

Edited by winddown
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, winddown said:

Out with the old

SCREEN-OLD.jpg.88f4f5f5895cec47143b41918c1c157f.jpg

In with the new

SCREEN-NEW-01.jpg.1179a551b55d2eaf56d20da77d47855a.jpg

@winddownWhy did you change and is one better than the other? I have the top one.

1 hour ago, NeilW said:

@winddownWhy did you change and is one better than the other? I have the top one.

Because I could lol, and it was only $25.  The old screen worked fine, but looks gross I think.  if I have to switch back I will, perhaps the big center mount will be too obstructive to the vision but I don't know yet.  I'll be going out on a ride soon and will let you know.

• Like 1

New helmet day!  Scorpion AT960 (AXD2 in Europe iirc?), got it all set up with the Sena and set out for a ride.  Perfect fit as per the size chart, though curiously I expected a lot more space in the front of the helmet than there is - with the beaky front shape I'd assumed it would offer more room than normal, but nope.  Breathes better than the gmax, though, and the drop down sunvisor is better. A lot quieter as well.

My first adventure helmet, and I'm totally sold.  Peak blocking the evening sun was delightful, and more airflow was really nice.  Not enough at a stop to keep the visor closed, but better than a street helmet.

Washed the salt off the T7 again, and had a good opportunity to test the custom top box's waterproofing - close range powerwash spray all around, not a drop inside from the seal or the SAE port. 

• Like 3

Has anybody here installed one of those speed bleeder kits like the one AltRider offers on their T7? If so, how effective are they?

For context, I just came back from a 6-week long trip, and when I rode my bike today I noticed that I had zero rear brakes. Bleeding them seemed to have helped a bit, but its still not as stiff as I remember so there's probably a tiny bit of air left in the lines. I do think it's a bit weird how air got in there when it was practically untouched, but I'll let it slide for now since I'm more interested in minimizing the pain during the brake bleeding process solo.

10 hours ago, Wintersdark said:

New helmet day!  Scorpion AT960 (AXD2 in Europe iirc?), got it all set up with the Sena and set out for a ride.  Perfect fit as per the size chart, though curiously I expected a lot more space in the front of the helmet than there is - with the beaky front shape I'd assumed it would offer more room than normal, but nope.  Breathes better than the gmax, though, and the drop down sunvisor is better. A lot quieter as well.

My first adventure helmet, and I'm totally sold.  Peak blocking the evening sun was delightful, and more airflow was really nice.  Not enough at a stop to keep the visor closed, but better than a street helmet.

Washed the salt off the T7 again, and had a good opportunity to test the custom top box's waterproofing - close range powerwash spray all around, not a drop inside from the seal or the SAE port. 

Got the ADX-1, very similar but no J homologation (not locked when flipped up). I also like it a lot, good field of view, ventilation is ok, and I can really wear it all day long.

Only downpoint is the visor crack when opened to the first "notch". I prefer it to be smaller, so you could ride around town with it always open on the first notch.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DonaNobisPacem said:

Has anybody here installed one of those speed bleeder kits like the one AltRider offers on their T7? If so, how effective are they?

For context, I just came back from a 6-week long trip, and when I rode my bike today I noticed that I had zero rear brakes. Bleeding them seemed to have helped a bit, but its still not as stiff as I remember so there's probably a tiny bit of air left in the lines. I do think it's a bit weird how air got in there when it was practically untouched, but I'll let it slide for now since I'm more interested in minimizing the pain during the brake bleeding process solo.

Me too!  Lost my rear brake 5x in a year and a half. Go to Camel Adv and watch the videos on THE FIX for the T7 They have the solution. 

Edited by NeilW
  • Like 2

Farkle time!

20230322_141839.jpg.8bf5788c0ee9393bdb59b8831fc344bc.jpg

Boano.com does a great job - super fast delivery (2 days from Italy to Germany) at very fair costs. Fast responding people, too. Highly recommended.

But what's inside?

20230322_172546.jpg.6c1b525a18f364b255febdb86aaf6821.jpg

Look at those beautifully bevelled edges - these definitely won't marr the straps...

20230322_172449.jpg.ed8c3e176e3d7db2fe1d7f7daada1746.jpg

Yes, it's an Arnold Minimal rack from Atelie 7. Couldn't resist because it ticks all boxes for me: Slim, doesn't extend over the brake light, seat can still be removed, strap holes fit my Mosko Moto Reckless 40 luggage. And it really looks great. I think the bike looks even better with it:

20230322_172437.jpg

I hesitated for quite a long time, since it's not cheap compared to other aluminum racks, but now that I've had a look at the details I think the price is adequate.

Edited by Tenerider
  • Like 8

21 hours ago, RobBonting said:

Nothing....

They do quite well in the mud.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DonaNobisPacem said:

I just came back from a 6-week long trip, and when I rode my bike today I noticed that I had zero rear brakes.

What are the pads like?  I wonder if it's some sort of "save the rotor" technology?  I know, sounds crazy, but having air suddenly get into the system sounds crazy too.  I have never experienced that on any bike, ever.

6 minutes ago, winddown said:

What are the pads like?  I wonder if it's some sort of "save the rotor" technology?  I know, sounds crazy, but having air suddenly get into the system sounds crazy too.  I have never experienced that on any bike, ever.

There is no save the rotor technology besides our eyeballs. I had about 1/16” left in the rear and went for a 150 mile ride. Returned home to see exactly zero pads left in the rear. And it was on that ride that I also lost rear brake but it came back after cooling off. The Fix from Camel stops the pedal from hanging up. 

• Like 1

Besides the travel from the pedal it's also a known problem with some bikes that they get stuck on the pivot. In that case you ride the brake without riding the brake but it can cause fading.
I still had some issues after installing "the fix" but now i have the rear ABS delete with just a short direct braided line from the rear master to the caliper i'm very happy with it.
It was mentioned somewhere that the bend from a high mount exhaust might be too close to the MC but there is a big distance of hard line going to the ABS pump and back with a large distance running just over the engine.
I also run DOT4 racing fluid.

10 hours ago, Tenerider said:

Got the ADX-1, very similar but no J homologation (not locked when flipped up). I also like it a lot, good field of view, ventilation is ok, and I can really wear it all day long.

Only downpoint is the visor crack when opened to the first "notch". I prefer it to be smaller, so you could ride around town with it always open on the first notch.

Yeah.  AFAIK the differences are pretty minor, though I've never run the AT950/ADX-1.  Sadly, the new version also has a weirdly large first notch detent, particularly given the shape of the visor which while great for optical correctness when closed, leaves the shaped lower edge of the visor up too far into your field of view for that to be an all-day riding position.  

The big deal for the new version for me was the ECE 22.06 cert, whereas the prior one lacked even ECE 22.05 (though by all accounts it's a well made and very safe helmet).  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NeilW said:

I had about 1/16” left in the rear and went for a 150 mile ride. Returned home to see exactly zero pads left in the rear. And it was on that ride that I also lost rear brake

Sounds like you made my point.  Is anyone having this issue with good pads, 1/2 to full pads like?

1 minute ago, winddown said:

Sounds like you made my point.  Is anyone having this issue with good pads, 1/2 to full pads like?

I did- my rear pads were gone by about 4700 miles or less ( from new) - and remember I am a front brake user who stands and rarely uses the rear except in slow and tight situations ( which I try to avoid 🙂

On 3/22/2023 at 8:35 AM, NeilW said:

No the new screen was crap, it only worked when you laid down near the tank lol.  At all speeds I got buffeting, not as bad as when I stood up but still annoying.    Also I didn't like the way it broke up the view directly in front.  I came home and switched back, now I'll take another ride just to make sure the old one is in the correct position.  The old double arm mount one was VERY effective at cancelling the wind.

• Like 1