Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

What have you done for your T7 today?

Noel McCutcheon

Back together, turned out okay a 7-10 footer.

Missed riding the T7, I have two other bikes but the T7 is my go to. 

Had an oh shat moment when laying the 2k clear, adjusted my respirator and my glove tip covered the nozzle leading to splatter. Major bummer when paint requires clear an hour after the final coat. Other than the glove mistake and sanding/buffing clear effups it’ll have to due until the fall when I plan on a spark-plug change. 

Loving the black & blue scheme and I learned a bit. I’d rather do mechanical work, if the feeler gauge doesn’t fit adjust again, no harm no foul. Body work is like driving a golf ball, you only get one swing and then you’re penalized. 

D5B725AC-CE7A-4244-B978-ECFA68CE49CA.jpeg

17C9BAC6-B50C-4272-B133-911F2269D82F.jpeg

• Like 4

On 4/18/2023 at 10:56 PM, headwinded said:

Quite a few things this week in prep for earnest riding season.

1. Installed a GPS mount and wiring for a Garmin Zumo XT.   I used the Rally Raid bar mount, and was able to get it level after some fiddling.   Wiring was straighforward, and this Youtube video makes it very easy to follow along and complete.

2. Spectrum Moto tail tidy - dead simple install and design. I picked this one because it allows for all the stock lights and wiring to be used, no cutting / soldering etc.

3. LeoVince headers - absolutely flawless fit, zero issues.    You will need to grab the O2 extender wire, which is insanely pricey for what it is... oh well.

4. Camel enduro bend high pipe and Wings exhaust - While cutting the stock exhaust bracket is a bit of a "well, this is happening" moment, the build quality of the Camel clamp is great.   The Wings exhaust kinda sorta almost mates up to the Camel pipe, but not really.   Off to the auto shop tomorrow for an exhaust pipe spreader to resolve this.  The Wings exhaust just needs a bit of a tweak, and the 2 pipes should cooperate fine. 

Next is sending the ECU off, the bike's 600 mile oil change, installing the Camel gut guard, and off we go.

tailtidy3.jpg

I liked the tail tidy you have so much I bought one just like it for my new 23 yesterday. I didn't even do a tail tidy on my 21 I had two years ago.

Edited by roy826
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Yamablueridge said:

Back together, turned out okay a 7-10 footer.

Missed riding the T7, I have two other bikes but the T7 is my go to. 

Had an oh shat moment when laying the 2k clear, adjusted my respirator and my glove tip covered the nozzle leading to splatter. Major bummer when paint requires clear an hour after the final coat. Other than the glove mistake and sanding/buffing clear effups it’ll have to due until the fall when I plan on a spark-plug change. 

Loving the black & blue scheme and I learned a bit. I’d rather do mechanical work, if the feeler gauge doesn’t fit adjust again, no harm no foul. Body work is like driving a golf ball, you only get one swing and then you’re penalized. 

D5B725AC-CE7A-4244-B978-ECFA68CE49CA.jpeg

17C9BAC6-B50C-4272-B133-911F2269D82F.jpeg

That's how it should have looked from the factory! Nice job!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, r1superstar said:

Thanks for the tip on WRS.  Have you tried the wider deflectors?

Was thinking about some. Probably will give them a go when I get round to it. 

Swapped the shift lever for this adjustable one. It offered much more room for my 12 boots.
Only downside IMO is that the tip sticks too far out and could be a bit shorter.PXL_20230409_001903594.jpg.3d23bb3c0b3b8052f3d0beea693d7c38.jpgimage.jpeg.e5db1d5fa6647ad22b2cb7ec830a5a63.jpeg

• Like 2

On 4/21/2023 at 7:52 AM, SpencerChedid said:

Swapped the shift lever for this adjustable one. It offered much more room for my 12 boots.
Only downside IMO is that the tip sticks too far out and could be a bit shorter.PXL_20230409_001903594.jpg.3d23bb3c0b3b8052f3d0beea693d7c38.jpgimage.jpeg.e5db1d5fa6647ad22b2cb7ec830a5a63.jpeg

After watching a review of these on YouTube the other day I thought I'd order one. Pretty impressed that they do free shipping to Australia! I'll be trimming that outer 'section' of the peg off so it isn't as long. 

Edited by Wikky
  • Like 2

Today I stuck on some 'Crispy Design' Speedblock stickers - superb quality, thick and glossy

I fancied this look to break up the large portion of White space on my 2020 T7

IMG_0987.jpg

IMG_0990.jpg

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Lewie said:

I like them - how were they to apply?

I am not the best at this type of thing, but the stickers are super thick, and the whole job took 5 Minutes, very easy, look really great ( actually blend in with stock colours perfectly ) I am delighted, I did not apply the other Three stickers which came in the pack, which I think go on the black tank sides, and the rear centre of tank because that would have looked like 'too much sticker' !! Hahaha

• Like 1

I did think that - £33 kit?

I will keep my eyes peeled for you in the garden of England 

might order a set

Edited by Lewie

13 minutes ago, Lewie said:

I did think that - £33 kit?

I will keep my eyes peeled for you in the garden of England 

might order a set

Correct £33 ish

All good

22 hours ago, Wikky said:

After watching a review of these on YouTube the other day I thought I'd order one. Pretty impressed that they do free shipping from the States to Australia! I'll be trimming that outer 'section' of the peg off so it isn't as long. 

Maybe replace the peg itself with the stock peg?

6 hours ago, Spelldrummer said:

Today I stuck on some 'Crispy Design' Speedblock stickers - superb quality, thick and glossy

I fancied this look to break up the large portion of White space on my 2020 T7

Is there a pic of this sticker set on a T7?  I mean, the whole set?  I checked their site, but sadly they don't appear to have pictures of the whole set applied.

On 4/21/2023 at 7:52 AM, SpencerChedid said:

Link?

edit

Found it. Didn't show up on Tenere section but showed up on "gear" search.

Might have to part with a few dollars but I will be unemployed next week so budget will be tight for a while.

Edited by Rider 101

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

Oops. Slip of the mouse and Paypal purchase done   :evil

• Haha 3

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

1 hour ago, Rider 101 said:

Oops. Slip of the mouse and Paypal purchase done   :evil

My mouse shows the same fault from time to time. I think I'll have Logitech pay for my spontaneous and unintended purchases!

• Haha 2

Fitted the Huzar high exhaust yesterday. Had to trim the can by 100mm,  so it's 400mm long now. Also made a longer bracket with a slight bend to drop it lower and push it out a bit as to clear the indicator and number plate. Didn't install any of the dB killers and cat has been removed, it sounds awesome. My rear tire mileage wil definitely suffer from this 🤣

20230423_123936.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Sparx said:

Fitted the Huzar high exhaust yesterday. Had to trim the can by 100mm,  so it's 400mm long now. Also made a longer bracket with a slight bend to drop it lower and push it out a bit as to clear the indicator and number plate. Didn't install any of the dB killers and cat has been removed, it sounds awesome. My rear tire mileage wil definitely suffer from this 🤣

20230423_123936.jpg

Got any pics without the side rack?

Unfortunately not, was itching to take it for a ride, so didn't take a pic without the rack on. But I will change the oil and clean the airfilter next weekend, so I can remove it then and take a pic if you want.

3 minutes ago, Dougie said:

Got any pics without the side rack?

• Like 1

Nothin... except clean it up to get it ready for a post ride inspection following a 950 mile three day romp. 

20230423_123746.jpg.c4b5248a700899e2b96de01d951de2c8.jpg

20230423_125535.jpg.7f7bcb074cd8f2f267ecf8410d1389fd.jpg

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Windblown said:

Nothin... except clean it up to get it ready for a post ride inspection following a 950 mile three day romp. 

20230423_123746.jpg.c4b5248a700899e2b96de01d951de2c8.jpg

20230423_125535.jpg.7f7bcb074cd8f2f267ecf8410d1389fd.jpg

@Windblown what is the zip tie for on the right handguard? Do I need one too? 🙂

12 minutes ago, NeilW said:

@Windblown what is the zip tie for on the right handguard? Do I need one too? 🙂

Absolutely! I thought everyone ran one?  🙂

Actually, I put it on to pressurize the brake lever overnight and didn't bother to pull it off in case I wanted or needed to do it again. Hate wasting zipties. LOL.

Edited by Windblown
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Windblown said:

Ok. Gonna fix it ASAP!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Windblown said:

I know on a KTM it is used for the tow strap routing but never seen one on a T7 image.png.a42a75f43336018b2de5982ff005bea5.png

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Windblown said:

Actually, I put it on to pressurize the brake lever overnight and didn't bother to pull it off in case I wanted or needed to do it again. Hate wasting zipties. LOL.

Serious question, why " pressurize the brake lever overnight " ?