Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

What have you done for your T7 today?

Noel McCutcheon

Off to France in a couple of Weeks, so just fitted this OEM Toolbox, now contains Disk Lock and tyre pump 👍

IMG_1097.jpeg

IMG_1096.jpeg

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Lewie said:

And home -

6 countries, 6 days and 1200 miles - fabulous 

luckily I live less than a mile from ‘the tunnel’

8D66B02B-A9EA-464C-854F-0380BD69BC44.jpeg

I am on Tunnel in 2 Weeks - you must live close, I am 30 Minutes from it !

3 hours ago, Spelldrummer said:

Off to France in a couple of Weeks, so just fitted this OEM Toolbox, now contains Disk Lock and tyre pump 👍

I had to do a double take on that, didn't realize the OEM toolbox mounted like that. How far does it stick out?

advgoats.com

8 hours ago, NeilW said:

@advsquid I have the Rabaconda street tire changer, made quick work of mounting my K60 scouts. I was most afraid of the rear and I can honestly say i timed the mounting of the rear ( on my tubeless conversion) at 3 minutes from bare rim to K60 Scout fully mounted.  If you have the bucks, the Rabaconda is the easiest way to mount and unmount ADV tires. 

A friend of mine has one and I had to ask his help to finish putting the rear Trailmax Mission on the wheel. I won't lie and say I have great technique but damn that tire. That said with all my other tires I've had no issues with my tire iron and Baja no pinch tool combo. And I don't even need the tire irons to do the front so it's working out. Really just doing anything I can to convince myself I don't need to spend the money on a Rabaconda 😁

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Endopotential said:

Soooo jealous of you guys in Europe!

I can just barely get to a couple neighboring states and back in that time.  And there's nowhere as much difference between our states, as compared from hopping from one country to another

True, BUT... you probably have more legal trails and gravel roads in your county than we have all over Europe.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, advsquid said:

A friend of mine has one and I had to ask his help to finish putting the rear Trailmax Mission on the wheel. I won't lie and say I have great technique but damn that tire. That said with all my other tires I've had no issues with my tire iron and Baja no pinch tool combo. And I don't even need the tire irons to do the front so it's working out. Really just doing anything I can to convince myself I don't need to spend the money on a Rabaconda 😁

It is a time and labor saver. I have the Baja no pinch also. Works great too. The Rabaconda is simply a time and labor saver. That, and the bead breaker when a bead is totally stuck. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, random1781 said:

I had to do a double take on that, didn't realize the OEM toolbox mounted like that. How far does it stick out?

Not far, tricky to describe, but pics are accurate, it is attractive in an 'industrial' way - and pretty f****** ugly in an aesthetic way ! Hahaha.. Useful tho' !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, advsquid said:

It took up a huge chunk of my saturday but I finally swapped off the K60 Rangers and put the Dunlop Trailmax Missions back on. Don't see myself needing knobbies on the big girl anytime soon, and it will be nice to lean the thing over in the turns again. DTMs will poke holes in your tire changing technique, freaking heck the rear was difficult. 

PXL_20230610_214633209.jpg.png

Did you find the k60 rangers weren't very grippy on the road then? 

(They're on my shortlist for next tyres)

4 minutes ago, sunndog said:

I know you asked about rangers but just sharing I have Scouts on now and did about 400 miles of rainy day twisties on asphalt and found them solid and trustworthy. 

5 minutes ago, NeilW said:

I know you asked about rangers but just sharing I have Scouts on now and did about 400 miles of rainy day twisties on asphalt and found them solid and trustworthy. 

Good to know cheers bud

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sunndog said:

Definitely grippy enough on the road, I just didn't like leaning way over on them. No problems I noticed on wet pavement either. It's more on me than on the tire although one time I went into a corner WAY too hot trying to follow my friend on a WR250R and I could feel both the front and rear getting a little floaty. Big pucker moment! I just learned that you probably shouldn't be trail braking super hard and leaned way over into a really sharp downhill corner on knobbies. I got to learn that lesson and I didn't even have to crash for it to sink it 😄 and they're good offroad of course. Got about 5000 miles out of the rear and the front could *probably* last through 2 rears. I'd have no problem recommending the Rangers to anyone doing some hard adventuring. 

I have been reducing the length of the Barkbuster mounts in preparation for the Motology GPS Mount to arrive.

Likely more to be done, but so far I’ve brought it 5mm closer to the bar and moved the mount 10mm closer to the bar end. There’s still a few more things I can do, but I’ll wait and see.

IMG_4209.jpeg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, advsquid said:

Definitely grippy enough on the road, I just didn't like leaning way over on them. No problems I noticed on wet pavement either. It's more on me than on the tire although one time I went into a corner WAY too hot trying to follow my friend on a WR250R and I could feel both the front and rear getting a little floaty. Big pucker moment! I just learned that you probably shouldn't be trail braking super hard and leaned way over into a really sharp downhill corner on knobbies. I got to learn that lesson and I didn't even have to crash for it to sink it 😄 and they're good offroad of course. Got about 5000 miles out of the rear and the front could *probably* last through 2 rears. I'd have no problem recommending the Rangers to anyone doing some hard adventuring. 

Cheers mate that gives me more confidence.

Sounds like grippy enough but don't push it like a road tyre...which is all you can ask of a knobby!

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Washed bike after return from a great 1200 mile+, 6 day & 10 Ferries Western Isles trip…. 

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, sunndog said:

Cheers mate that gives me more confidence.

Sounds like grippy enough but don't push it like a road tyre...which is all you can ask of a knobby!

Push the crap out of them, they are that good.

I’m just back from 1200 miles of burying throttle round corners on the outer Hebrides. 

IMG_0123.jpeg.fd8bcc725e5748f3b392d55699ae4be1.jpeg

About 4000 miles on this one my 3rd and it’s still legal. I love them.

The STRs are a great tyre on the road and hard dirt.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, X Plane said:

Washed bike after return from a great 1200 mile+, 6 day & 10 Ferries Western Isles trip…. 

Amazing trip man!

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, DanDoesStunts said:

The STRs are a great tyre on the road and hard dirt.

I treat them like road tyres on the road. Yep, agree totally with you!

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Tenerider said:

Amazing trip man!

Thanks!!!! It was amazing trip. Cheers, means a lot. Weather was perfect, so i went for it, it for me is what it is all about. Bike was amazing, I’ve a new bond with it, hence she just got washed, lol. Cheers man!

1 minute ago, X Plane said:

I treat them like road tyres on the road. Yep, agree totally with you!

+1

They don't look like it, but they really behave like a road tire imho.

I recently switched to Anakee Wilds - they perform great in corners, but don't track as good as the STRs and are definitely worse when braking. But they are SO much better in any offroad scenario.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, X Plane said:

Push the crap out of them, they are that good.

I’m just back from 1200 miles of burying throttle round corners on the outer Hebrides. 

IMG_0123.jpeg.fd8bcc725e5748f3b392d55699ae4be1.jpeg

About 4000 miles on this one my 3rd and it’s still legal. I love them.

I was asking about k60 rangers. Agreed the stock tyres are good road tyres. Sounds like a belting trip you've had too

• Like 1

Installed new exhaust today, HP Corse Titanium. 

20230612_111937.jpg

• Like 5

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, sunndog said:

I was asking about k60 rangers. Agreed the stock tyres are good road tyres. Sounds like a belting trip you've had too

Ah, ok, thanks. Yup, cheers.