Noel McCutcheon

• Premium Member
On 6/10/2023 at 6:08 PM, Lewie said:

And home -

6 countries, 6 days and 1200 miles - fabulous 

luckily I live less than a mile from ‘the tunnel’

8D66B02B-A9EA-464C-854F-0380BD69BC44.jpeg

Class…

6 isles, 6 days, 10 Ferries and 1200 miles -  brilliant.  
Luckily I like Ferry’s

Fixed a rear flat at 850 miles on the bike. Tire was flat in the garage so it picked up the rusty nail close to home sunday when I last rode the bike. Was not flat when I parked it that sunday. Pain in the butt to put a new tube in it even with a Nomar tire changer. My last T7 also had a rear flat 5 miles from home on a Sunday few years back.  I think it is the junk stock Scorpion tires that grip road debris and nothing else.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
17 hours ago, AirborneSilva said:

Installed new exhaust today, HP Corse Titanium. 

20230612_111937.jpg

Let’s hear it.

On 6/11/2023 at 11:32 AM, Lewie said:

I can virtually see the terminal from my bedroom window 😂

Such a great way to get to France.. !

1 hour ago, Spelldrummer said:

Such a great way to get to France.. !

Oh crikey I can’t be getting on a ferry 🤮

Today's task...

PXL_20230616_015235976.jpg.43782480c5638ede1da39b9bf9242712.jpg

I kicked the greasing the bearings can down the road. Linkage bolt:

PXL_20230616_025006530.jpg.f2c1fe87ae2a070d48ce4e79f1b264cb.jpg

• Like 6

advgoats.com

2 hours ago, random1781 said:

Today's task...

I kicked the greasing the bearings can down the road. Linkage bolt:

PXL_20230616_025006530.jpg.f2c1fe87ae2a070d48ce4e79f1b264cb.jpg

Welcome to  the Tractive/Rally Raid/Touratech Club 😏

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Today's task...

Please do let us know what differences it makes 👍.

Thinking similar. What about the front…

8 hours ago, Noel McCutcheon said:

Please do let us know what differences it makes 👍.

Thinking similar. What about the front…

It'll be a week or so until I'm out on dirt. This is the +25 model, so right now the rear is too tall. Sorting out the front is today's ordeal, I'll let you know how that goes when I wrap up!  I threw on a set of Soupys adjustable links to give me more options, but I'm waiting until I have the forks situated to start tweaking and dialing in.

9 hours ago, Tenerider said:

Welcome to  the Tractive/Rally Raid/Touratech Club 😏

I've been waiting for this day since I got the bike, almost a year ago. It took me that long to psych myself up to click the "order" button!

• Like 3

advgoats.com

It'll be a week or so until I'm out on dirt. This is the +25 model, so right now the rear is too tall. Sorting out the front is today's ordeal, I'll let you know how that goes when I wrap up!  I threw on a set of Soupys adjustable links to give me more options, but I'm waiting until I have the forks situated to start tweaking and dialing in.

I've been waiting for this day since I got the bike, almost a year ago. It took me that long to psych myself up to click the "order" button!

quality rear shock makes a noticeable different immediately - even grabbing a handfull of front brake on the asphalt I notice the front end doesn't dive as much or as quickly. 

• Like 2

On 6/13/2023 at 8:45 AM, roy826 said:

Fixed a rear flat at 850 miles on the bike. Tire was flat in the garage so it picked up the rusty nail close to home sunday when I last rode the bike. Was not flat when I parked it that sunday. Pain in the butt to put a new tube in it even with a Nomar tire changer. My last T7 also had a rear flat 5 miles from home on a Sunday few years back.  I think it is the junk stock Scorpion tires that grip road debris and nothing else.

Damn sounds like you got a lot of nails in your neighborhood--you try HD tubes? Worked well for me so far (no flats) 

9 hours ago, NeilW said:

quality rear shock makes a noticeable different immediately - even grabbing a handfull of front brake on the asphalt I notice the front end doesn't dive as much or as quickly. 

According to independent reporting, the Tractive is so plush that you can literally use it as a pillow.

PXL_20230617_032805505.NIGHT.jpg.6b381465b49847f5695bc7ca08ff9573.jpg

Edited by random1781
  • Like 2
  • Haha 7

advgoats.com

13 hours ago, random1781 said:

Was similar for me, I thought "too expensive and I'm not good enough as a rider to make benefit of it". While the latter still is true to some degree, I definitely don't regret it. Was lucky and got a stock clearance discount at the end of last year.

Will you mount the closed cartridge as well or will you go for the RR open cartridge?

New anakee wilds today to replace stock Pirelli’s. Will take a bit of getting used to on the road.

IMG_4217.jpeg

• Like 2

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, Rossy NI said:

New anakee wilds today to replace stock Pirelli’s. Will take a bit of getting used to on the road.

IMG_4217.jpeg

At tad less knee down then, but better on our few and far between NI green lanes ☺️. @Rossy NI Where’d you get them from Hursts? Enjoy AB Festival. 

1 hour ago, Noel McCutcheon said:

At tad less knee down then, but better on our few and far between NI green lanes ☺️. @Rossy NI Where’d you get them from Hursts? Enjoy AB Festival. 

A1 tyres in Dromore. Really looking forward to ABR!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rossy NI said:

IMG_4217.jpeg

Same here since a few months - they are actually GREAT in the twisties, definitely not far from the STRs after the break-in (say 120 mi or so). Braking is worse though.

• Like 1

On 6/16/2023 at 2:36 PM, DT700 said:

Damn sounds like you got a lot of nails in your neighborhood--you try HD tubes? Worked well for me so far (no flats) 

Not really since I do not live in a neighborhood but on a county road. Lot of junk hauled up and down that road daily so that is likely the problem.

50 minutes ago, Lewie said:

And complete - from a Jack to a King

IMG_4756.jpeg

IMG_4757.jpeg

That looks great, much better

I have one for mine, going to get the suspension 'done' first before I fit it

Finally finished up a few days worth of work on the bike. Forks and triples swapped out, Acerbis tank installed and remolded, and headlight assembly replaced with an XL80 and my tower. Also replaced the Adventure Spec crash bars with Hepco and Becker.

PXL_20230620_170821665.jpg.25a260ba08ffbe6e320a6d3c3e3602c4.jpg

PXL_20230620_170901392.jpg.5f96298bf88d3e3972ffa63aa1896fc9.jpg

Edited by random1781
  • Like 6

advgoats.com