Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

What have you done for your T7 today?

Noel McCutcheon

today i fitted a usb charger/voltmeter and led spots. by far the pain in the ass is removing the bodywork ,tank and headlight assembly. having done it a couple of times now i;m getting used to it. i havnt had any screws left over yet. i bought the correct aux connector which made fitting neater and works off the ign on.great for the voltmeter. the led spots i ran diect from the battery. just a note when fitting the aux 12v usb or what ever you chose to fit ...the hole needs enlarging,not by much and you dont need to completely remove the headlight assembly . pulling forward a touch gives enough room to get the locking ring on. i couldnt remove the head light completely due to the heed crash bars.

DSC_0604.JPG

DSC_0609.JPG

DSC_0613.JPG

• Like 2

I’ve installed the same USB /voltmeter Mine has a on off switch and I’ve hooked it up directly to the battery with a fuse. It’s a good idea as you can see what the voltage of the battery is and if it’s being charged while the motors running.

I have a cig lighter on the way which I will install near the side cover near the battery so I can charge my iPad in the rear top bag while I’m riding.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2020 at 12:14 AM, Lupan said:

My last mod, but bot instaled.

190 € "used" it can keep an Honert DS and a Arai RX7 RR.

Is it oversized to the bike?

IMG_20200123_231025.jpg

IMG_20200123_230730.jpg

IMG_20200123_230702.jpg

Do you have a picture with this case on the Tenere?

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, Bad Pritt said:

No. Though I have slim 33l  / (also can be pannier) box on mine.

32F93F6E-8904-430E-9CBB-E85A9F60A670.jpeg

7ECE9598-3F0A-4CD7-B343-05699A4A34A5.jpeg

Fast, cheap and easy way to make a side stand extender. You need about  15-20 cm of 5/4 inch PVC-U pipe for drinking water, heater and about 15 minutes. At the end I painted the extender the same color as the side stand.

WP_20200515_11_24_45_Pro.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Fitted the Touratech upper crash bars,  I like the way follow the lines of the bike.  Also have the adjustable screen from Powerbronze to try out...I lent them my bike to develop some products.  The screen seems to be well made and a big plus point is that you can reach forward with one hand and raise the screen to its full height.  It will be interesting to see how much it helps on a long wet ride! On its lowest setting it's just right for me for normal riding and looks good aesthetically. 

Screenshot_20200515-195911_Gallery.jpg

20200511_130504.jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Great Escape said:

Fitted the Touratech upper crash bars,  I like the way follow the lines of the bike.  Also have the adjustable screen from Powerbronze to try out...I lent them my bike to develop some products.  The screen seems to be well made and a big plus point is that you can reach forward with one hand and raise the screen to its full height.  It will be interesting to see how much it helps on a long wet ride! On its lowest setting it's just right for me for normal riding and looks good aesthetically. 

Screenshot_20200515-195911_Gallery.jpg

20200511_130504.jpg

Thanks for lending @RichardPB your bike to develop parts . That's gonna help all of us greatly over the years!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bad Pritt said:

It's not that pretty, but i belive it work well.

I ride a lot on city, i use the bike to go to work and sometimes even to go at the Supermarket like today and it very usefull, and i can put two Helmets inside...

IMG_20200411_103434.jpg

IMG_20200411_131523.jpg

IMG_20200214_192554.jpg

Edited by Lupan
  • Like 3

On 5/16/2020 at 12:16 AM, Aleksandar13 said:

Unfortunately no time to take pictures with me on the bike.. I will try next week... 

First 45 miles complete and I can definitely confirm it is a major improvement over stock...90 percent of the buffeting is gone if not more... Feels amazing, my exhaust is louder as well.. Must be the screen 🤣

Joking a side.. Worth every penny, for me it works brilliant and I think once I put the rally seat is gonna be 100 percent. I couldn't feel more pressure on the chest but definitely nicer and cleaner air around the helmet 🤩🔥

Would highly recommend for tall riders that are having issues with the stock one.. I'm 6.4 tall.. This has made my week my day and my month finally no more buffeting 👍💯👌

IMG_20200515_142240-01.jpeg

Ordered!! Thanks for the feedback....;-)

• Like 3

Modified OTR Rack to follow the lines of the bike and to allow fitment of Giant Loop GB and Comfort Seat with matching pillion and stitching in yellow to fit with colours of the bike.

IMG_20200502_134148.jpg

IMG_20200516_123507.jpg

• Like 6

Just another Tenere Tragic

3 hours ago, Sitdownman said:

Modified OTR Rack to follow the lines of the bike and to allow fitment of Giant Loop GB and Comfort Seat with matching pillion and stitching in yellow to fit with colours of the bike.

IMG_20200502_134148.jpg

IMG_20200516_123507.jpg

Good work...that seat looks all day long comfortable! Cheers Steve 

• Like 1

Now that looks a comfortable seat 🙂

Nice work with the matching yellow stitching.

• Like 2

Sometimes I wear hard knee protectors, so today  I've made  side protection from scratches. Much cheaper than ready to use products. Made of one sheet grip decal.

IMG_20200523_184437.jpg

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, slawmir said:

Sometimes I wear hard knee protectors, so today  I've made  side protection from scratches. Much cheaper than ready to use products. Made of one sheet grip decal.

IMG_20200523_184437.jpg

Wow looks nice . Could you please share the link for product you used 👍

Aleks 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, slawmir said:

https://www.motocombo.pl/p/290/21227/blackbird-okleina-antyposlizgowa-naklejki-47x33cm-2-arkusze-naklejki-uniwersalne-okleiny-cross-atv-nadwozie-czesci-motocyklowe.html

Unfortunately they are out of stock now. The kit consist of two sheets  47x33cm each, it's made in Italy by Blackbird Racing.

Thanks for the link! When posting retail links, please mention what country the store/part is in, to avoid confusion as we are a world wide forum.

• Like 1

For the Aussies here, I've used this stuff for bike protection before and it's great, easy to get and really cheap as well - 

Find Croc Grip 500mm x 150mm Clear Soft Textured XL Step at Bunnings Warehouse. Visit your local store for the widest range of building & hardware products.

They also sell the black abrasive grip tape but I find it too abrasive and grippy, it is also harder to clean than this clear stuff.

Edited by Whitey66
  • Like 2

Seat Cover is a cheap Chinese xxxl removed the strap on the rear seat pretty tight fit but it works bought from eBay for $14. Carbon wrap will go on the tank black part with the tank on the bike but the side covers removed and one of the side covers. I made some mistakes doing the tank and have to order some more from eBay. It’s a bit hard going around some corners but doable 

1C031319-B78B-4E04-B3F4-D671D59E6BEE.jpeg

9BAA6344-4FD8-45B7-8342-146182B37FCD.jpeg

2513B90C-E0F7-49BD-8AF0-419089207928.jpeg

Edited by Southcoastbiker
  • Like 3

On 5/17/2020 at 8:25 PM, Sitdownman said:

IMG_20200502_134148.jpg

IMG_20200516_123507.jpg

Where did you order the seat from?

could you post a link? Looks very comfortable.

PzDKM7J.jpgHigFm0u.jpg
Outback Motortek skid plate and crashbars. R&G case protectors and the Yamaha rear rack.

The only bitch I have about the OM crashbars is the silver hardware provided with the black bars.

Could they not have sent black hardware?

Edited by DWEL700
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, DWEL700 said:

Where did you order the seat from?

could you post a link? Looks very comfortable.

Might be a little too far for you as the seat was reupholstered by Matt at Sunshine Coast Motorcycle Seats at Buderim in Queensland https://www.facebook.com/mattyscustomseats/

I sent my seat to him and he did the work and sent it back. He did say that he is hoping to offer an exchange service sometime soon

• Like 1

Just another Tenere Tragic

1 hour ago, Sitdownman said:

Might be a little too far for you as the seat was reupholstered by Matt at Sunshine Coast Motorcycle Seats at Buderim in Queensland https://www.facebook.com/mattyscustomseats/

I sent my seat to him and he did the work and sent it back. He did say that he is hoping to offer an exchange service sometime soon

Yes, I guess I will wait for the seat manufacturers over here to get on it. The stock seat isn't to bad but I am sure one like yours is far better.

Made a gps bracket quick realese seat pins sw motech locking tank ring with yamaha city tank bag

20200525_194523.jpg

20200525_193931.jpg

20200525_193910.jpg

• Like 3