Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

What have you done for your T7 today?

Noel McCutcheon

1 hour ago, Stephen H said:

Hi Bill

I don’t think my welding skills are anywhere near as good as yours. I’m sure someone will eventually make a higher pipe commercially for us less skilled than you to buy.  
You say the van was from China so was it an eBay purchase. 

Cheers Steve 

Hi Steve I got the can from Aliexpress i think it was 410 mm long they have sold out now but there are a lot of sellers to choose 

from if you search, It can take a long time to come but cheap and good value for money. I`v used the same type of can  about

6 bikes now. Good luck Bill

21-04-20 083.JPG

3 hours ago, Stephen H said:

Hi Bill

I don’t think my welding skills are anywhere near as good as yours. I’m sure someone will eventually make a higher pipe commercially for us less skilled than you to buy.  

Cheers Steve 

Hi Steve i`v just checked the length of the can and it is 470 mm O/A Bill

Hi Bill

It might be nice just to have one of those at that price just for when I have a day out in the dirt and if I have an off the Akro wont get damaged.

Cheers Steve

12 hours ago, Stephen H said:

Hi Bill

Cheers Steve 

Huzar exhausts makes them!

tlumik-owalny-50-cm-ze-stali-nierdzewnej

50 cm ze stali nierdzewnej polerowany

Louis thanks for that

Cheers Steve 

• Like 1

On 4/30/2020 at 1:21 PM, MKR Racing said:

I am thinking about full Akra aswell. 

where did you buy the muffler. Yamaha or aftermarket?

i have buy the exhaust from my yamaha dealer.

they also have adjust my ecu a bit richer like stock.

i a few videos i have the feeling, that the "aftermarket" (without the tenere 700 sticker) akrapovic slip on makes more sound, that the yamaha akrapovic.

s-l1600.jpg

4fd2b3a7-cc46-4883-bb08-53674a5ae0cb.png

maybe its only the sticker, but in videos i hear definitely a difference, between the exhausts.

Dont think there is a difference. But is the ecu password secured, or can they just adjust it

my dealer is a yamaha dealer, so i think he can change it.

he do it aswell with his t700 ( full akrapovic with header ) 🙂

he want that i go for a test ride with his t700, because of the header and the rally seat.

Done a small video with my phone and sound check... 👆👆🔊💯🤩📸🏍️💨

• Like 3

On 5/2/2020 at 11:49 AM, bill said:

Hi Steve I got the can from Aliexpress i think it was 410 mm long they have sold out now but there are a lot of sellers to choose 

from if you search, It can take a long time to come but cheap and good value for money. I`v used the same type of can  about

6 bikes now. Good luck Bill

21-04-20 083.JPG

swm superd ual....traded mine in for my tenere. great little bike. i did about 18,000 mls on it in 2 1/2 yrs. had a new engine fitted at 10,000 due to oil pump falure. if i could have put the o7 engine in it ,i  wouldnt have changed.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, John said:

A lot! 😜

IMG_8088.jpg

Very nice mods @John you nailed it! Is it fairly straight ahead to source the rim stickers? They tie in the wheels so nicely. Secondly, what is the protection you have along the rear fender plastics? Cheers, keep us up to date with your outings.

• Like 1

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

20 hours ago, bth2 said:

swm superd ual....traded mine in for my tenere. great little bike. i did about 18,000 mls on it in 2 1/2 yrs. had a new engine fitted at 10,000 due to oil pump falure. if i could have put the o7 engine in it ,i  wouldnt have changed.

Hi bth2 I traded it in for a Tenere 660 2015 in 2017 while i waited for the T7 to  come out. I`v had 2 xtz 660 tenere the first in 2010.

The swm super dual came after a swm SM 650 both SWM bikes were problematic with minor faults witch i could not handle

But now i fancy a SWM RS 500 R when the lockdown is over, mainly for green laneing and fun Bill

Edited by bill

On 5/5/2020 at 10:12 PM, John said:

A lot! 😜

IMG_8088.jpg

Very, very nice! Beautiful indeed! May I ask you what brand it is for bash plate? And also from which supplier you bought your sticker kit?

On 5/5/2020 at 9:12 PM, John said:

A lot! 😜

IMG_8088.jpg

Hello, do you think the Heed rear Crash Bars could be a soft luggage holder? And for curiosite why do you choose the sw motech water Pump cover instead the GB Racing?

And with the acerbis x-factory you can use the oem handlebar weights

Thanks

Edited by Lupan

17 hours ago, Lupan said:

Hello, do you think the Heed rear Crash Bars could be a soft luggage holder? And for curiosite why do you choose the sw motech water Pump cover instead the GB Racing?

And with the acerbis x-factory you can use the oem handlebar weights

Thanks

Hello Lupan, The rear crashbars work well withe the Enduristan 6 ltr softbags. You only need to protect the paint at places where the straps are. I did not know GB Racing made them.. 😉 And yes, you still can use the original handle bar weights, only on the richt side you have to adapt the attachment to the handle bar.

Greetings from Holland!

John

Edited by John
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Jonas said:

Very, very nice! Beautiful indeed! May I ask you what brand it is for bash plate? And also from which supplier you bought your sticker kit?

The bash plate i ordered here: 

ACD racing:

https://www.acdracing.com/products/skid-plate-yamaha-tenere-700-2019?variant=29104156868672

The stickers (speedblocks) here:

kedo-tank-stickers-yamaha-speedblock-bla

With this decal set, you transfer your Yamaha tank to the "Works" look with the "Speedblock" style striping.

Greetings, John

• Like 1

On 5/5/2020 at 11:41 PM, tenerecanada said:

Very nice mods @John you nailed it! Is it fairly straight ahead to source the rim stickers? They tie in the wheels so nicely. Secondly, what is the protection you have along the rear fender plastics? Cheers, keep us up to date with your outings.

The rimstickers i bought at Aliexpress, the rear protectectionbars here: 

Headshiphttps://heedshop.eu/en_US/p/Rear-crash-bars-for-Yamaha-TENERE-700/511

Greetings, John

• Thanks 1

Fitted sport screen from power bronze... Couldn't take a decent picture of it but love the looks... Test ride tomorrow and proper pictures to follow... 🤩💯🏍️💨

IMG_20200514_163024.jpg

• Like 4

been looking at this too...be keen to hear your experiences plus please include your height and if poss picture of you on bike for perspective...:-)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ride & Shine said:

been looking at this too...be keen to hear your experiences plus please include your height and if poss picture of you on bike for perspective...:-)

I will try my best with pictures and feed 👍📸😅

14 hours ago, Ride & Shine said:

Unfortunately no time to take pictures with me on the bike.. I will try next week... 

First 45 miles complete and I can definitely confirm it is a major improvement over stock...90 percent of the buffeting is gone if not more... Feels amazing, my exhaust is louder as well.. Must be the screen 🤣

Joking a side.. Worth every penny, for me it works brilliant and I think once I put the rally seat is gonna be 100 percent. I couldn't feel more pressure on the chest but definitely nicer and cleaner air around the helmet 🤩🔥

Would highly recommend for tall riders that are having issues with the stock one.. I'm 6.4 tall.. This has made my week my day and my month finally no more buffeting 👍💯👌

IMG_20200515_142240-01.jpeg

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Aleksandar13 said:

Fitted sport screen from power bronze... Couldn't take a decent picture of it but love the looks... Test ride tomorrow and proper pictures to follow... 🤩💯🏍️💨

Did you suffer from wind turbulence with the original windscreen?

I'm 192cm height, have the original screen and feel lots of turbulence from 60Km/h and up.

I don't like the bigger screens, maybe a short one would solve it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, yobinad said:

Did you suffer from wind turbulence with the original windscreen?

I'm 192cm height, have the original screen and feel lots of turbulence from 60Km/h and up.

I don't like the bigger screens, maybe a short one would solve it.

Hi, 

Yes the same as you... 196cm tall..

Turbulence from stock screen  was horrible and tiring... with this one its gone... Very happy and it looks nice as well... I will tint the sides as well and then it will look proper 👍😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1