Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

What have you done for your T7 today?

Noel McCutcheon

4 minutes ago, Darrenheli said:

Titanium front wheel spacers . No rusty spacers and saved 103gms

IMG_20200426_102515_6.jpg

Could you share a link from where to get them for people who might be interested.

Rally raid make stainless ones which look amazing as well. 

Thank you, 

Aleks 

7 minutes ago, Aleksandar13 said:

Could you share a link from where to get them for people who might be interested.

Rally raid make stainless ones which look amazing as well. 

Thank you, 

Aleks 

Home made . I have access to machine tools at work

• Like 2

Just now, Darrenheli said:

Home made . I have access to machine tools at work

Nice. 

Rally Raid 85nm rear spring and diy spring tool.

14828908.jpg

17mm spacers to fork spring.

14828906.jpg

• Like 2

I run my bike in the other day.

I went out for a local ride the other day over what is called a mountain in my local area but really it is only a hill when you see some of the real mountains around the world. Anyway it was great to be out for a short while (I called it exercise). On one of the trails I stumbled onto a work zone and they had a chain across the road. It was just there to slow everyone down. On the journey up the mountain they unhooked the chain for us to go passed, that was fine. On the way back down the mountain my mate decided not to disturb the bloke releasing the chain and he ducked under it. So stupidly I followed suit. He was on a smaller bike and is shorter than me. The visor of my helmet snagged just a bit on the chain and this distracted me enough for me to lose concentration just enough. I ended up going slightly sideways instead of straight ahead, that was fine because the ground leading towards the raised vertical embankment looked solid so I gave it a bit of power to swing the back around only to find that the solid ground was a drain rut covered with a leaf blanket and the extra power propelled me into the embankment. I was stuck and had to be pulled out. A broken front mud guard a busted right blinker a few scratches and a hugely dinted ego. All is good new front LED blinkers I cut the front mud guard back about 60mm and now it doesn’t matter it is officially run in. Cheers all       

Edited by Allen Kelly
correction
  • Like 1

oups, it looks like the T700 is still quite resistant. The good thing, and that's my feeling when i test rode one, is that with this motorcycle, you do want to try some stuffs you definitely don't (regarding my skills) with a bigger adv bike. And that is the first step to fun and freedom ! 

• Like 1

On 4/26/2020 at 1:36 PM, Murska said:

Rally Raid 85nm rear spring and diy spring tool.

14828908.jpg

17mm spacers to fork spring.

14828906.jpg

am thinking of the extra front preload spacer.easy to make but how easy was it to fit the spacers. is it a case of removing the top cap,fit spacer,replace cap or is there more involved? cheers.

• Like 2

I was going to ask the  same question.  I have never had upside down forks apart yet. No problems making spacers. I'm fitting 95 shocker spring tomorrow. 

Edited by Louis

4 hours ago, bth2 said:

am thinking of the extra front preload spacer.easy to make but how easy was it to fit the spacers. is it a case of removing the top cap,fit spacer,replace cap or is there more involved? cheers.

Something like that. The spring has tension and is difficult to install with a spacer. You need to squeeze the spring that gets put into the spacer and cap back.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Murska said:

Something like that. The spring has tension and is difficult to install with a spacer. You need to squeeze the spring that gets put into the spacer and cap back.

Presumably it also helps to have the front wheel completely off the ground to maximise the fork travel too, and hence minimum pre-compression?

Cheers

Rich

• Like 1

The spring is more preload with the spacer and the cap is hard to screw onto the damper rod.

Hi all I have recently fitted these Pro taper adventure bars witch give about 50 mm rise. It makes for a much more 

comfortable riding position. Bill

21-04-20 139.JPG

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Louis said:

I was going to ask the  same question.  I have never had upside down forks apart yet. No problems making spacers. I'm fitting 95 shocker spring tomorrow. 

I was going to order 90 N/mm spring, but today I checked my weight and was surprised. I'm 97 kg although I don't look like that at all.🤣  Now, I am not sure, maybe I should take 95 spring. What's your weight without gear?

• Like 1

On 4/23/2020 at 3:23 PM, bill said:

Hi Stephen The can is a cheap one from China £30 and i made the connecting pipe in the shed, It sounds fantastic Bill

Good job bill...could you make me a link pipe!!!..I need a shorter more angled one...

On 3/29/2020 at 12:01 PM, tonyubsdell said:

today i have done to my t7 the following (well, not exactly today, but recently)

i am very much involved in the german health system so do not be cross if i do not answer very soon do eventual questions.

-rims excel 1,85“ and 2,5“ front and rear. used oem whel hubs, kept my original wheel set with single disc for road work. 

-sc projects decat full titan system, air filter and injection system not touched. no need to dial into this end as power delivery similar to orignal. exhaust note not louder than akra with db eater. 

-touratech extreme suspension made by tractive suspension 30 mm more travel around. no more bottoming out riding aggressively off road, but not done any major jumps yet. 

suspension wise with this set up the t7 needs a more direct, speedy and aggressive riding style like say a ktm 790 adv r to take advantage of this investment of roughly 2800 euros. 

engine wise it is still the same bike, very forgiving , easy to ride in touring- or knocking-on-heavens-door mode. 

i like the versatility of this engine more than the 790 engine, it just suits my needs much more. 

cosmetically my t7 is not yet finished, the perforated panels are not yet to my full liking. maybe have to work on their shape and or paint. 

next step is a 5cm/2“ higher seat. 

stay fit and healthy, cheers,

wolfram

A4447325-9270-47A8-A0F4-DD3D89C2571F.jpeg

1BDED240-854E-498D-9A5E-586A0D1E0887.jpeg

1BFEBCEF-283E-4759-B6E0-0BE53B5ACCC7.jpeg

835882ED-ED4A-465C-9361-7677CA23415D.jpeg

9CA08D17-643E-4961-9328-4700007B67A5.jpeg

F91BBD60-8385-4A3D-BC0D-58DA8C9DD9F5.jpeg

Hi Do you have a link to the exhaust system,..you cut the standard hanger off and made a new one?...ant details...also you made the tail tidy,no light/indicators?..the bike looks good by the way!

3 hours ago, slawmir said:

I was going to order 90 N/mm spring, but today I checked my weight and was surprised. I'm 97 kg although I don't look like that at all.🤣  Now, I am not sure, maybe I should take 95 spring. What's your weight without gear?

You should never ask a lady that.😄 I'm North of 100kg then add riding  gear and luggage, I think I should consider a leaf spring!🤔 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 4/24/2020 at 1:21 PM, .Mrd. said:

always good, to have these option 🙂

with the new euro 4 akrapovic i cant remove it that easy, but its maybe good on this way, for my next step 😉

maybe the other mods will make the bike a bit faster. is not about top speed, but i test and see what things will do

and when i got an improvment, iam happy, thats what i want, combinded with the experience.

will test, airbox without the snorkel in future and with the otr filter from Off the road.

i will go for a testride with the catless akrapovic header in future too. maybe it can convince myself 😄

here i little test from yesterday evening.

I am thinking about full Akra aswell. 

where did you buy the muffler. Yamaha or aftermarket?

On 4/23/2020 at 7:31 PM, Stephen H said:

Hi Bill 

So does that exhaust make the panniers quite warm inside or have you devised a way to keep the heat away from the right hand pannier. Did the link pipe take a lot of making and do you have pipe bending kit tucked away in your garage.

The booble head looks a good bit of design. I have fitted the Camel Ad versions which connect further down the rear of the headlamp.

Cheers Steve

Hi Steve The can hardly gets warm so no heat transfer The pipe  is made up from 8 bits of tube ark welded together and it did take a lot of hours to get right Thanks Bill

21-04-20 118.JPG

21-04-20 114.JPG

• Like 3

Getting the bike cleaned just shy of 1000kms.

spacer.png

• Like 1

On 4/29/2020 at 10:17 PM, Symon said:

Good job bill...could you make me a link pipe!!!..I need a shorter more angled one...

Hi Symon No sorry i can`t make another pipe it takes far too long and i don`t have the time Cheers Bill

54 minutes ago, bill said:

Hi Symon No sorry i can`t make another pipe it takes far too long and i don`t have the time Cheers Bill

:-)..no problem bill....does look good though!

Hi Bill

I don’t think my welding skills are anywhere near as good as yours. I’m sure someone will eventually make a higher pipe commercially for us less skilled than you to buy.  
You say the van was from China so was it an eBay purchase. 

Cheers Steve