Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

What have you done for your T7 today?

Noel McCutcheon

Installed new bar risers from SW Motech, 30mm higher than standard... Absolutely amazing how good the bike feels now and how much more comfortable it is to ride. 

Happy as Lary about these.. Work very well with the new seat... 😁

Side shot of the whole bike..

IMG_20200605_133015.jpg

IMG_20200605_133019.jpg

20200605155754_IMG_0171.jpg

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Filmed with her 

• Like 1

On 6/5/2020 at 10:39 PM, Aleksandar13 said:

Installed new bar risers from SW Motech, 30mm higher than standard... Absolutely amazing how good the bike feels now and how much more comfortable it is to ride. 

Happy as Lary about these.. Work very well with the new seat... 😁

Side shot of the whole bike..

IMG_20200605_133015.jpg

IMG_20200605_133019.jpg

20200605155754_IMG_0171.jpg

And how is the new seat regarding ergonomic/comfort?

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Edited (flipped pic in pic screens) video of her

22 minutes ago, Jonas said:

And how is the new seat regarding ergonomic/comfort?

The seat is great... Very comfortable and makes me ride the bike easier... 😊👍

• Like 1

i am leaning towards the heed sump guard due to the flat front with no holes to let shite all over the engine.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
36 minutes ago, bth2 said:

i am leaning towards the heed sump guard due to the flat front with no holes to let shite all over the engine.

I’m pretty sure that there maybe some shite there already..... 

• Haha 1

Hi @Ashman

would you mind showing me your GPS bracket front n rear please buddy

Edited by tenerecanada
Tagged member

• Premium Member

1st Stage of personalizing my T7 is Complete, 

Half-way1.thumb.jpg.1488e66fbd68388715076d8515267244.jpg

1st stage consists mainly of tip-over protection and includes:
TripleClamp Engine guards (both sides, including water pump guard)
Hepco and Becker knuckle guards (not sure if these are as good as BarkBusters, but they're different)
B&B OffRoad bash plate (its FAR more sturdy than the std oem one)
Huzar High Exit slip-on (its tucked out of the way as to not smash into swingarm during tip-over)
DoubleTake adventure mirrors (infinitely adjustable, no vibration, and work well as mirrors)

Other mods:
LiFe battery to reduce weight, low seat for the short legs.

Stage 2 will consist of electical updates, turn signals, gps mount/power, ecu flash, plus header replacement, tubeless tire conversion & small 21 Brothers rally style luggage on the back. 

Tazmool

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Nice bash plate

• Premium Member

The Bash Plate is surprisingly light for its size, it has integrated protection for the lower suspension linkage (Those Aussies really seem to thrash their bikes and know how to protect them I guess!) other nice features like recessed bolts so that they don't shear off when you hit something solid (exposed bolt heads, to me, seem like the perfect thing to catch on something and shear off) and as a bonus, the bash plate seems silent when rocks hit it (the std oem one, made that "ting-ting" sound when rocks would bouce off it) 
The mounting method also seems pretty solid, normal 2 front mounting bolts, the rear attaches to the lower mount for the down-tubes and center stand mount.  To remove the plate, its just 4 counter-sunk/recessed bolts, so oem easy.

Half-way2.thumb.jpg.706c8d3a80e578f94c798a56b3ece53d.jpg

Forgot to mention, 
PowerBronze rear-hugger is also in there.  No reason, other than keep dirt off the rear end.  I don't plan on sinking this bike in heavy clay, so the stock front fender, and a matched rear hugger (it really looks oem) will do. 

Tazmool

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tazmool said:

1st Stage of personalizing my T7 is Complete, 

Half-way1.thumb.jpg.1488e66fbd68388715076d8515267244.jpg

1st stage consists mainly of tip-over protection and includes:
TripleClamp Engine guards (both sides, including water pump guard)
Hepco and Becker knuckle guards (not sure if these are as good as BarkBusters, but they're different)
B&B OffRoad bash plate (its FAR more sturdy than the std oem one)
Huzar High Exit slip-on (its tucked out of the way as to not smash into swingarm during tip-over)
DoubleTake adventure mirrors (infinitely adjustable, no vibration, and work well as mirrors)

Other mods:
LiFe battery to reduce weight, low seat for the short legs.

Stage 2 will consist of electical updates, turn signals, gps mount/power, ecu flash, plus header replacement, tubeless tire conversion & small 21 Brothers rally style luggage on the back. 

Tazmool

How's the Huzar exhaust working out? I've been thinking about one for while, can you please let us know about it.?

• Premium Member

Louis,

I do like the pipe, its price point is very good and the company was easy to deal with. 
Quality wise, its no Acropovic, you can see welds in the curved section of the pipe, but its quite subtle.  The rest of the pipe is very nice. 
For the money, I would rate it as excellent.

Sound wise, 
You get 2 different db killer inserts with it.  With both in, the manufacturer claims that the pipe is quieter than stock.  I think both in would be too restrictive, but unless you put it on a dyno and have before and after numbers, its hard to say. 
For my application, am trying both the outlet db killer, and no db-killers at all.   

For now, I'm still a little undecided (I like my bikes quiet) I may put the exit db killer in, and just leave it in. 

Weight wise, the Huzar pipe shaves about 5 pounds off the bike.

Huzar High Exit Pipe

This vid clip shows the high exit pipe, and how it sounds.  In the video you can see where the original oem pipe rubbed against the swingarm and damaged the finish.  This pipe was developed to combat this problem. 

huzar1.thumb.jpg.ca055ab7397a2725fb069f6b7e464d10.jpg

You can see in this photo, the pipe really tuck up in there well. 

There are a few small issues I've noticed:
huzar2.thumb.jpg.1ba98a0416406e69e66a0d0380b0b9ac.jpg

The oem rear turn signal does clear the pipe nicely, but when you're on a rough road or off-road, the signal does bounce around a lot and seems to touch the exhaust tip.

These huge signals seem to be for the North America market only, so in Europe where the pipe was developed, this was not an issue.

huzar3.thumb.jpg.b273943c5b94203123f5fd0289fae07d.jpg

At extreme upper end wheel travel, it seems the PowerBronze rear hugger, just barely touches the pipe as well.  I'm not worried about this however. 

I should add, that I purchased the long muffler, there is a shorter version available that should have no clearance issues. 

Hope this helps out,

Tazmool

• Thanks 1

Don’t have it yet but I already have a few things to put on it. 

Hated the stock indicators  , this ones are way more visible and I personally love the way that looks ( sorry for the mess) 
spacer.pngspacer.png 
for now I just created a cover to clean the look ( old version in the next photo )
spacer.pngspacer.png
and this is the new , the only difference is the size  , the new one is just 2 mm bigger but the difference is noticeable ! 

• Like 4

Just picket it up last night, today, I set the clock! image.thumb.jpg.7f867679e0f4337ef90f4e321c897462.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mad said:

Hated the stock indicators  , this ones are way more visible and I personally love the way that looks ( sorry for the mess) 
spacer.pngspacer.png 
for now I just created a cover to clean the look ( old version in the next photo )
spacer.pngspacer.png
and this is the new , the only difference is the size  , the new one is just 2 mm bigger but the difference is noticeable ! 

What are the lights you used?

Doesn't look like the typical LED strips I seen before

• Like 1

Fitted handguards... Love the looks and they are very sturdy... On the small side but I wanted a slim look. Very happy with the purchase, I'll need to change some bolts as they are tho long and would like to put stainless dome head bolts. 

Aleks 

20200613134914_IMG_0337.jpg

• Like 4

On 2/1/2020 at 8:06 AM, John said:

akra exhaust (without DB killer😜)

How did you remove it? I would like to remove mine as well.

19 hours ago, Aleksandar13 said:

Fitted handguards... Love the looks and they are very sturdy... On the small side but I wanted a slim look. Very happy with the purchase, I'll need to change some bolts as they are tho long and would like to put stainless dome head bolts. 

Aleks 

20200613134914_IMG_0337.jpg

I just ordered these acerbis rally gaurds as well, do they interfere on full lock either direction? and how is the cable routing?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, motoAT said:

I just ordered these acerbis rally gaurds as well, do they interfere on full lock either direction? and how is the cable routing?

No interference on full lock they are nice and slim... Only problem you will get is the clutch cable touches the Alan bolt on the second fixing... This is easily replaced with a Donhead bolt and all is good... 

I'll get some nuts and bolts tomorrow from work with Donhead and replace mine.. Aleks 

On 3/20/2020 at 12:37 PM, Matt said:

Installed the new  full exhaust and the front turn light. Waiting the new tail tidy from t7rally for the rear one.

Thsnks to Yamaha led plus and sc project 😁

Hi Matt,

How is the full exhaust performance? Have you tuned the bike for it? Or removed the snorkel?

Thanks