Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

What have you done for your T7 today?

Noel McCutcheon

22 hours ago, Aleksandar13 said:

New side deflectors fitted... And went out for a ride.. Looks and performs amazing, thanks to @RichardPB for his support. Very nice quality and quick shipping.

Aleks 

20200726100135_IMG_1099.jpg

20200726100147_IMG_1100.jpg

20200726100208_IMG_1101.jpg

Those look great. Is this the dark tint? When you say perform well what exactly do you mean by that?

Just now, Adrenolin said:

Those look great. Is this the dark tint? When you say perform well what exactly do you mean by that?

Yes it is dark tint... The side deflectors remove the pressure from the shoulders that's what I found.

Aleks 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, al700 said:

Where did you get them?

Power bronze International, vendor here on the forum. Check their threads. 

Aleks 

Ok thank you! I thought the main screen was powerbronze. Will it fit with the stock screen?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, al700 said:

Ok thank you! I thought the main screen was powerbronze. Will it fit with the stock screen?

I don't know if it will fit I can't see a reason why not as it follows the lines of the stock unit... @RichardPBwill be able to answer this for you.

Regards Aleks 

On 7/26/2020 at 12:02 PM, Aleksandar13 said:

New side deflectors fitted... And went out for a ride.. Looks and performs amazing, thanks to @RichardPB for his support. Very nice quality and quick shipping.

Aleks 

20200726100135_IMG_1099.jpg

20200726100147_IMG_1100.jpg

20200726100208_IMG_1101.jpg

I saw rally raid makes similar deflectors, do you notice less wind noise, less turbulent air? My tinnitus is a problem, anything to slow or lessen that would be great

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, vagrant318 said:

I saw rally raid makes similar deflectors, do you notice less wind noise, less turbulent air? My tinnitus is a problem, anything to slow or lessen that would be great

I can't say about wind noise but there is less pressure around the shoulders and that is the main benefit. 

Aleks 

• Supporting Vendor
16 hours ago, al700 said:

Hello,

We have fitted them with the Adventure Sport Screen (shown in @Aleksandar13 's photos) and the Powerbronze flip screen so I don't see why they wouldn't fit with the standard screen as well.

All the best,

Richard

Received my T7 here in Thailand 🇹🇭 today, delivered at 9:30 this morning from the dealer in phitsanulok with 0 kilometres on the Odo (stupid me forgot to get a photo 🤔) so while waiting for my wife to get herself sorted I fitted the off-the-road.de side stand foot and rear brake reservoir cover along with the touratech brake pedal extender and rear master cylinder protector also Yamaha lowered seat and T7rally 20mm lowering links and adjustable screen height kit.

Then after a nice ride out cut short by summer rain 🌧 fitted the barkbusters and vps handguards.

Tomorrow we’ve got a Yamaha mainstand to fit and the Storm slip on silencer and link pipe along with the camel ABH solution + T7rally screen protector 

Edited by Gazk7
  • Like 2

In your position I would ride the bike before installing the lowering links. I think the bike with the rear lowered loses its turning edge. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

Today I threw on the Adventure Spec crash bars and AXP skid plate. 78398874-6808-42F2-B941-2EEC3ED6BF9D.thumb.jpeg.00ad260c8b58d69db61bec60a9d3ea50.jpeg

• Like 6

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

17 minutes ago, tenerecanada said:

Today I threw on the Adventure Spec crash bars and AXP skid plate. 78398874-6808-42F2-B941-2EEC3ED6BF9D.thumb.jpeg.00ad260c8b58d69db61bec60a9d3ea50.jpeg

Looks proper nice... I will say these are the best looking crash bars out there... I think @Rich TT needs to have a look at this as well and make the right decision 😬😎

• Like 2

I brought my T7 home and then rode it 50 miles! 

37E0B389-289F-474B-9592-E491C68D8072.jpeg

AB714E7F-0CC3-461C-BBC3-EAE03E40906D.jpeg

• Like 7

On 7/22/2020 at 9:27 AM, ScorpionT16 said:

spacer.png

Custom vinly wrap (testing fit and finish, will be selling a few custom kits)

One of the best looking bikes so far. Well done man. Let us (me) know when you're selling some wraps, would love to see what you've got. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, tenerecanada said:

hi @tenerecanada are you using CRM or U clamps for your Cycra bars? I'm looking at some pictures, and seems like the CRM clamps might not provide enough clearance for the brake reservoir?

• Like 1

Camel Adv high fender, Kenda track master on front and DT 606 rear

A0B4B601-6381-44AA-97C5-06D23E6973BD.jpeg

• Like 6

Big day on the spanners.  Fitted Genuine centre stand & Chain guide, Hepco and Becker crash bars, Enduristan Blizzard XL Panniers, Storm Barkbusters 

IMG_7665[1].JPG

IMG_7666[1].JPG

Edited by DazR
  • Like 2

• Moderators
8 hours ago, BeeRad said:

Camel Adv high fender, Kenda track master on front and DT 606 rear

A0B4B601-6381-44AA-97C5-06D23E6973BD.jpeg

@BeeRadThe wife noticed the flower pot you put on the throttle side, said it really brightens up the room. 😄 Really liking the tire selection you have there, how are they performing?

• Haha 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

Well got my Protaper Adventure bars and barkbusters from my 1190 mounted on the T7.  You have to Dremel down the plastic knobs, but that went fine.  There's enough slack in the hoses and cables for these bars but not much higher without a lot of re-routing.  🍻

IMG_20200730_072706573.jpg

IMG_20200730_072654428.jpg

• Like 3

9 hours ago, ch4kk said:

hi @tenerecanada are you using CRM or U clamps for your Cycra bars? I'm looking at some pictures, and seems like the CRM clamps might not provide enough clearance for the brake reservoir?

I’m also curious about your hand guards. I used to use these on past dual sport bikes and really liked them. I’m interested on how they installed.