Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

What have you done for your T7 today?

Noel McCutcheon

Here are the pictures.

My Brother makes me a little gift and buy for me and hisself the atlas throttle lock.

very easy and fast installation and its works pretty well. 🙂

473507534_DSC_0699klein.thumb.jpg.37a75fc845fad1acb2daeaa6e3707e42.jpg

523199386_DSC_0702klein.thumb.jpg.4c7129cf39c2ac37328fb552a2e33c68.jpg1629590388_DSC_0703klein.thumb.jpg.22abd29e235c6499b6e70f910044d222.jpg1203303250_DSC_0705klein.thumb.jpg.a90c4c268f999cf466c18ba36d959ca4.jpg1228226601_DSC_0695klein.thumb.jpg.c56aa11df17bacc859265ffb172e449d.jpg671426454_DSC_0697klein.thumb.jpg.afecb5641fe67f77e4d4c23994711422.jpg1133545752_DSC_0698klein.thumb.jpg.786db7da4c83152a8d5678aa819e7a30.jpg2024913562_DSC_0693klein.thumb.jpg.19f97e6da5649de43d24a68d091872d1.jpg

DSC_0703 klein.jpg

• Like 2

On 9/10/2019 at 9:24 PM, X Plane said:

Enjoyed USB unit fitted....

(Thought I’d previously posted USB fitment) Headlight has to come out to fit it.

7CC4DB29-C837-42DC-9A24-37CF8DC5E16D.jpeg

Blue lite dual 2.4 amp USB ports

592AA908-4ED0-4BF5-9030-6F5928123DE5.jpeg

Used / took cut the lead off from the original 12 v socket 

I thought there was a prepared connection under the tank for auxiliary current/amps?

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, Jonas said:

I thought there was a prepared connection under the tank for auxiliary current/amps?

Yes (there is a spare one on the right throttle side, for heated grips etc) but it is switched thought the ignition switch into canbus wiring and I wanted to use a 10amp air compressor unit in these cig socket and want to plug in battery trickle charger in the socket so hence I wired this right side one straight back to the battery.

I used the left clutch side original socket plug of the original 2 amp supply for the USB charger that i put there.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, X Plane said:

Yes (there is a spare one on the right throttle side, for heated grips etc) but it is switched thought the ignition switch into canbus wiring and I wanted to use a 10amp air compressor unit in these cig socket and want to plug in battery trickle charger in the socket so hence I wired this right side one straight back to the battery.

I used the left clutch side original socket plug of the original 2 amp supply for the USB charger that i put there.

Did you wire it with no switch off?

• Premium Member
Just now, Jonas said:

Did you wire it with no switch off?

Correct. It is always live. That is Useful for charging phone even with the ignition switch off.

Fitted my new rear rack from England only took a few days to get to Australia. Cost $230 including postage. I use gutter guard on my vehicles to stop stones and insects clogging up my radiator or damaging it, it’s a cheap bit of insurance held on with black electrical ties. 

AC3273D8-697C-4088-83C8-BCF46E2AE0A6.jpeg

D99ED904-6F59-4906-8941-BF93D7603A29.jpeg

1D402F7D-F5F8-4E53-9C70-B834DBA66456.jpeg

F028A098-AAC1-4500-83DD-2CE08D58542C.jpeg

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Southcoastbiker said:

Fitted my new rear rack from England only took a few days to get to Australia. Cost $230 including postage. I use gutter guard on my vehicles to stop stones and insects clogging up my radiator or damaging it, it’s a cheap bit of insurance held on with black electrical ties. 

AC3273D8-697C-4088-83C8-BCF46E2AE0A6.jpeg

D99ED904-6F59-4906-8941-BF93D7603A29.jpeg

1D402F7D-F5F8-4E53-9C70-B834DBA66456.jpeg

F028A098-AAC1-4500-83DD-2CE08D58542C.jpeg

Adventure Spec Rack looks good. I see AS is currently quoting July shipping dates for all colours 😞 Can you confirm there is enough bum space for a passenger with tis rack. Thanks.

• Like 1

Fitted heavier 9KG rear spring from TeknikMotorsport. Pretty simple as long as you have a spring compressor(s). Static preload now 3 clicks - was 24. Quick road test on a short "essential travel" shopping run the rear feels softer on small bumps.

Edited by PaulCave
added to description
  • Like 4

On 4/4/2020 at 2:18 PM, Lupan said:

Now she have a better look 😃

But i can't take off the DB Killer...

Not easy... I've took it off to akrapovic and termignoni, never tried a Leovince, but this one is E4 aproved, any trick to take this guy off?

Hey Lupan, not sure if you figured this out but I had the exact same problem with my 2018 MT 07 and the LeoVince exhaust. I think it's a common problem with LeoVince tbh. So I made an account here just to pass the word along! 

So what I did was take the exhaust off and stick the rubber end of a broom stick in the can so it pressed up against the backside of the dB killer. Then with the other end (taking the bristles portion off) smack it against the ground a few times. I was extremely careful doing this as I didn't want to mar or ruin the inside of the exhaust. I tip-toed around it for a while but it took a pretty good hit to start it moving. From there it popped right out!
Hope this helps. We haven't gotten the T7 in America yet but it will absolutely be a bike in my stable. Until then I will definitely lurk this forum.

• Like 1

What I intend to do is get some closed cell foam and shape it so it fits inside the frame of the rack. I liked this rack as it had substantial hand rails to hold the bike.
My wife sat on the bike behind me and although she fits it’s a tight fit and would be uncomfortable after awhile. I will bend some steel tube into a u shape and weld some bolts grounded down so the heads of the bolts are round and fit inside the bent tube with washers and nuts under the rack, so I can have a sissy bar or frame bolted to the rack to hold my bag. The rack will need a larger base to support a larger box or bag, but I will make that unbolt easy and use it for longer trips and have something smaller for day use. As carting a large box or bag around all the time affects the handling.  

1 hour ago, Southcoastbiker said:

What I intend to do is get some closed cell foam and shape it so it fits inside the frame of the rack. I liked this rack as it had substantial hand rails to hold the bike.
My wife sat on the bike behind me and although she fits it’s a tight fit and would be uncomfortable after awhile. I will bend some steel tube into a u shape and weld some bolts grounded down so the heads of the bolts are round and fit inside the bent tube with washers and nuts under the rack, so I can have a sissy bar or frame bolted to the rack to hold my bag. The rack will need a larger base to support a larger box or bag, but I will make that unbolt easy and use it for longer trips and have something smaller for day use. As carting a large box or bag around all the time affects the handling.  

Thanks for the feedback. I need to be able to take a passenger occasionally and don't fancy having to remove the rack all the time. I have talked to B&B and they are looking at making a smaller rack that sits behind the seat. Also keen to see what RideADV come up with as well.

5 hours ago, blakemuhhfukn said:

Hey Lupan, not sure if you figured this out but I had the exact same problem with my 2018 MT 07 and the LeoVince exhaust. I think it's a common problem with LeoVince tbh. So I made an account here just to pass the word along! 

So what I did was take the exhaust off and stick the rubber end of a broom stick in the can so it pressed up against the backside of the dB killer. Then with the other end (taking the bristles portion off) smack it against the ground a few times. I was extremely careful doing this as I didn't want to mar or ruin the inside of the exhaust. I tip-toed around it for a while but it took a pretty good hit to start it moving. From there it popped right out!
Hope this helps. We haven't gotten the T7 in America yet but it will absolutely be a bike in my stable. Until then I will definitely lurk this forum.

Hi friend, thanks for the advice.

That's exacly what i've done, ant it was easy...

I've seen in a yoshimura team vídeo, and no more DB Killer eheheh 

And what. Sound... Not very loud, but a good and strong music when you ride the bike 😃

IMG_20200405_125906.jpg

Edited by Lupan
  • Like 2

always good, to have these option 🙂

with the new euro 4 akrapovic i cant remove it that easy, but its maybe good on this way, for my next step 😉

maybe the other mods will make the bike a bit faster. is not about top speed, but i test and see what things will do

and when i got an improvment, iam happy, thats what i want, combinded with the experience.

will test, airbox without the snorkel in future and with the otr filter from Off the road.

i will go for a testride with the catless akrapovic header in future too. maybe it can convince myself 😄

here i little test from yesterday evening.

Edited by .Mrd.
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Aleksandar13 said:

Are these universal or specific for the bike... Love the looks of them 

Universal, look for the CRM (center reach mount) version 👍

• Like 1

Fitted some 100% Titanium footpegs. Great deal from 24MX. The design and quality are amazing and so light plus wider and longer.

100% bling!

IMG_20200424_130914.jpg

• Like 2

Hi All I have fitted these cheap stainless steel foot pegs from China after cutting the mounting point off and welding it

up with a 6 mm bit of st/st to make the foot pegs 25 mm lower. Very effective. The pegs were about £14

21-04-20 138.JPG

21-04-20 137.JPG

1 hour ago, .Mrd. said:

always good, to have these option 🙂

with the new euro 4 akrapovic i cant remove it that easy, but its maybe good on this way, for my next step 😉

maybe the other mods will make the bike a bit faster. is not about top speed, but i test and see what things will do

and when i got an improvment, iam happy, thats what i want, combinded with the experience.

will test, airbox without the snorkel in future and with the otr filter from Off the road.

i will go for a testride with the catless akrapovic header in future too. maybe it can convince myself 😄

here i little test from yesterday evening.

I've never ride the bike at 180 kmh eheheh, i don't search speed... 150 kmh it's nice for me eheheh

You have some vídeos diy to take off the DB Killer in the Akrapovic, it seems easy... But the broom don't work in Akrapovic i belive, because the link pipe is atetched to the exhaust...

And the Leovince is Euro 4 too...

Edited by Lupan

50 minutes ago, Rich TT said:

IMG_20200424_104829.jpg

IMG_20200424_090913.jpg

IMG_20200424_095701.jpg

Congrats rich... They look amazing... And save some weight as well.. Each gram adds up and matters 🙂

• Like 1

Fitted Rally Raid stainless steel wheel spacers and regreased the spindle and seals.

IMG_20200425_101155.jpg

IMG_20200425_102128.jpg

IMG_20200425_095609.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Rich TT said:

Fitted Rally Raid stainless steel wheel spacers and regreased the spindle and seals.

IMG_20200425_101155.jpg

IMG_20200425_102128.jpg

IMG_20200425_095609.jpg

More stuff to buy... 😅 They look nice, I like the addioton of the logo laser etched. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Aleksandar13 said:

More stuff to buy... 😅 They look nice, I like the addioton of the logo laser etched. 

Yeah, cool aren't they? I've had them since Feb when I got the 90 spring from Rally Raid and fitted them today.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rich TT said:

Yeah, cool aren't they? I've had them since Feb when I got the 90 spring from Rally Raid and fitted them today.

Yeah you seem to be a bit ahead with the goodies but I've had to make the SM setup first and then the small bits... Hope to get them soon from rally raid. 

Also digging hard to see if I can get a deal on rapid bike soon. Seems to simplify things when it comes to fueling especially if you keep changing things. 

🙂